• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 14, 2020

    macOS How can I create this Arcade or Office folder in the dock as seen in the display models at the store?

    macOS How can I create this Arcade or Office folder in the dock as seen in the display models at the store?


    How can I create this Arcade or Office folder in the dock as seen in the display models at the store?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 09:56 AM PST

    Internal Hard drive partitioning amd a few other queries

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 01:35 AM PST

    Hello guys so I just got myself a new MacBook pro and now I have a few things I would request for your assistance can anyone please clear a few of my problems

    1. Is there anyway I can partition my drive in such a way that the MacOS is separate in one drive and the application and everything I install in some other drive so even if I break anything I can just format that drive and won't have to format the whole laptop

    2. What are the few things I should get installed and started with my Mac it's a fresh install

    3. Is there anyway good way I can start a ftp server with my Mac so whenever I need to transfer small files it would be easy for me cuz i have a lot of laptops and desktops which I use for various purpose

    Thank you guys sorry have bugged you your help is highly appreciated

    submitted by /u/xcorrupterx
    [link] [comments]

    Stop Wi-Fi Calling Notifications - Any Idea How?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 02:57 PM PST

    Stop Wi-Fi Calling Notifications - Any Idea How?

    Just got a new iPhone 11 and all at once my iMac won't stop spamming me with notifications to set up Wi-Fi Calling. Doesn't matter what I press, or if nothing at all, they just keep coming. Been Googling / trying various remedies for over two hours, nothing is helping.

    My setup:- iPhone 11- Late 2012 27" iMac running Mojave (Tried 10.15, hated it)- 2018 iPad

    I doubt the iPad is the problem, but who knows. Thanks in advance!

    https://preview.redd.it/wa7kjlsamma41.png?width=381&format=png&auto=webp&s=541c99c15f7fcdbda4cacac03eadfb5795ed02e3

    submitted by /u/FSUjonnyD
    [link] [comments]

    Window resizing with external display

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:42 PM PST

    I am particular with window sizing and where they are located on the screen. With my job as a software developer I have many windows and work off an external monitor most of the time, but when I unplug my MBP the window sizing is off and then wrong when I plug back in. How do you work around or solve this?

    I want to plug in and set my window layout and different spaces, and have that be static when I unplug and come back from a meeting.

    submitted by /u/tjksiazek
    [link] [comments]

    10.9.5 → 10.10 Macbook Air (Mid 2013)

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:06 PM PST

    I'd like to update it to the fresh Yosemite update and the computer itself runs pretty smoothly. Just wondering if or how I should go about doing this. Just putting an older computer to use for my mum. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/spenny9703
    [link] [comments]

    Is switching from PC to Mac worth it?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 12:48 PM PST

    I have been debating switching from my PC to a Mac for a long time and the only thing significantly holding me back is Mac's issue with running Microsoft Office, the lack of shortcuts for programming/RPA, and the overall ability to play games on my laptop. I was wondering does the streamlined features of a Mac surpass these issues?

    submitted by /u/NathanWideBN
    [link] [comments]

    iMac Booting to External SSD failing?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 05:09 PM PST

    My elderly father has a 2013 iMac with a slow spinning HDD, and so for Christmas I decided to get him an external (aData brand) USB 480GB SSD with the promise of using it to boot MacOS (Mojave) from, to make his very slow feeling computer feel zippy. I'm fairly techy and have watched videos online on how to set this up: make sure SSD is formatted with GUID & MacOS Extended Journaled, use the iMac's Recovery boot mode to install MacOS Mojave (we're avoiding Catalina for app compatibility) , and everything goes well - we're able to boot from the SSD into MacOS Mojave, log into his iCloud, get to the desktop, install a couple apps, surf the web... BUT THEN the inevitable CRASH. The the iMac JUST WONT BOOT to the SSD, usually within a few hours of installing Mojave. The iMac will begin to boot from the SSD, but then get stuck or usually just shut off after about 2/3 of the way through startup. Clearing PRAM and SAFE BOOT doesn't help. I've gone through this process from scratch three times now, always with the same result. Anyone have any ideas or experience with this? He has several other devices plugged in (2nd monitor, time machine external SSD), but I tried not having any of these plugged in and it still crashed from the new install.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/doctor1983
    [link] [comments]

    Pro's/Con's to using Safari over Chrome (new Mac user)

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 04:27 PM PST

    New(ish) Mac user that has only ever used Chrome for basic browsing and Youtube watching. Should I stay with Chrome or take the plunge and use Safari full time?

    submitted by /u/jeffreymoline
    [link] [comments]

    (10.14.6, MBP 2018) Recovery partition does not work anymore

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 04:19 PM PST

    My Mac is perfectly fine, but I wanted to boot it back into Recovery to relock the T2 boot sequence (I had to unlock it to downgrade from Catalina to Mojave, because the Apple Support absolutely wanted to reinstall it on Catalina during its last repair).

    I've been trying for hours to boot into Recovery but I always end up directly on Internet Recovery, which is not working (just spent 40 mins waiting for it, only for it to error with an unknown code...)
    I've tried every possible key combination, including cleaning the NVRAM.
    diskutil list shows a Recovery volume on the APFS disk :

    2: APFS Volume Recovery 1.0 GB disk1s3

    I've validated both BaseSystem.dmg images inside this volume using Disk Utility.

    I've been looking for various ways to recreate the Recovery volume, but they seem sketchy at best, and I do not have another Mac for any possible operation. I could eventually prepare a Mojave USB stick, but that would require time and I'd like to avoid reinstalling the OS for the 4th time...

    I'm out of clues.
    Does anyone have any idea? Thanks a lot for the help. Being without a Recovery partition worries me.

    submitted by /u/s0r00t
    [link] [comments]

    Early 2011 13 inch MBP High Sierra

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 08:37 AM PST

    I have a 2011 MBP currently running Sierra. I have a 500GB SSD and 16GB. Is it worth upgrading to High Sierra? The machine is working very well right now. I primarily use it for some programming and running MainStage and GarageBand.

    submitted by /u/BallerFromTheHoller
    [link] [comments]

    Enable kernel extensions prompt

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 12:05 PM PST

    Hi,

    How to force macOS to enable prompt for kernel extensions? I'm trying to install Turbo Boost Switcher but somehow missed this prompt on the initial start and can use this tool now.

    Any ideas on how to overcome this?

    submitted by /u/Forrestal_PL
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro forgets window positions in multi monitor setup after waking up

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:31 AM PST

    I am using a 2019 MacBook Pro running Catelina 10.15.2 The MacBook is connected to 2 external monitors via 2x USBC to display port converters. One converter on the left and one on the right side of the MacBook.

    The issue is that when my MacBook wakes from sleep, the window positions are forgotten. Most of them are on the wrong screen. This was never a problem on my 2010 Mac Pro using the same displays without converters.

    It looks like when you have USBC converters it takes too long for the MacBook to detect the screens and therefore moves them to the first detected screen.

    There are tools like Stay but this tool doesn't take into account when you have multiple windows of the same application. For example multiple browser windows on different screens. Moom was recommended to me as well, but this looks more like a window-on-grid tool and a "not sticking windows to the correct screen" tool.

    Does anyone experience this behavior as well? If so, what did you use to solve this annoying window placement?

    submitted by /u/osi314
    [link] [comments]

    Help with snap shot / restoring point

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 11:03 AM PST

    Hello guys I just got a new Mac book pro and I wanted to know if I can take snap shot of the current state or any other alternative so in future even if I break it I can restore my os back.

    Your help is highly appreciated Thank you

    submitted by /u/xcorrupterx
    [link] [comments]

    What to keep the mba 2019 or mbp 15” 2018?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 10:55 AM PST

    Hi, I did get a mbp 16" from work today so Then I don't need my mbp 15" 2018 16gB 256GB with AppleCare+ anymore.

    The thing is my wife have recently bought a MacBook Air 2019 with 8gb ram and 128gb disk.

    So I'm wondering which device I should keep? My wife goes to school and also like photo editing etc. we do have a dock at home and a 32" 2k display.

    It do feel like that I'm will do a loss if i sell the mbp 2018 as I guess it will have a longer life time then the MacBook Air 2019 due to the dubble ram and space.

    How would you do?

    submitted by /u/rstolpe
    [link] [comments]

    Trackpad two-finger swipe not adjusting volume slide in Music

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 06:55 AM PST

    For as long as I can recall I could just place my pointer over the volume control in music and two-finger swipe up/down to adjust the volume (i.e. no need to click/drag). It works on my Macbook Air but not on my Pro. Both are are on 10.15.2.

    Any idea why this isn't working?

    submitted by /u/barthrh
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Pro 5.1 6-Core W3680, good option in 2020?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 09:53 AM PST

    I saw a good deal for a Mac Pro 5.1 with an Xeon W3680 6-Core 3.33Ghz with 12Gb RAM, is it a good option for 2020? I'm also planning to change the GPU and add a RX 580

    submitted by /u/IshidaIzuku
    [link] [comments]

    Force touch stop working very often..

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 05:40 AM PST

    Hi there, force touch in my rMBP 2015 13" it isn't working consistently since Catalina. I've had this issue maybe 4,5 times a year since I got the laptop, but now I'm experiencing it every 2 days or so and it's a pain to have to reboot the computer to fix it. Is there any terminal line that can restart the trackpad drivers or something?

    thanks!

    submitted by /u/ignaciobarrena
    [link] [comments]

    How can I download Mojave from Catalina software updater?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 08:14 AM PST

    I am following the steps here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210190 but it doesn't seem to be working. The software updater keeps downloading the Installer but at the end it gives an error that says something along the lines of "Cannot install this update on this OS" and closes. Is there a way that I can do download the image from Apple? I need it for installing it in a VM.

    submitted by /u/GasimGasimzada
    [link] [comments]

    Do you use a Windows partition on your Mac? How big is it? How’s it going? What do you use on Windows? How is the switch between both? How is the „power“ on Windows?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 06:35 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel