• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 14, 2020

    Apple TV The cure for my slippery AppleTV remote

    Apple TV The cure for my slippery AppleTV remote


    The cure for my slippery AppleTV remote

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 01:56 PM PST

    The cure for my slippery AppleTV remote

    Just wanted to share that no longer will this damn remote slip out of my hands or off the arm of the couch. I grabbed some Dragon Grips tape from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GJW15TS/) and this stuff works awesome. I think it is mainly sold for handgun grips, but it works great on the remote.

    https://preview.redd.it/e4xurvp3bma41.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=d31062d29ae111107ab697b8ee8b4494078a649b

    https://preview.redd.it/p1x2brp3bma41.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=586b83f8713060f1aea7ea267fa6352368153b18

    submitted by /u/claydough2k
    [link] [comments]

    What other Apple TV Channels can we expect to be added?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 08:51 PM PST

    Discussing this from a US point of view as this country has the highest number of channels. Besides Apple TV+, the current line-up of Apple TV Channels are:

    - CBS All Access

    - NickHits

    - PBS Living

    - Comedy Central Now

    - MTV Hits

    - History Channel Vault

    - Lifetime Move Club

    - HBO

    - Showtime

    - Cinemax

    - Starz

    - Epix

    - BET+

    - Smithsonian Channel PLUS

    - Curiosity Stream

    - BritBox

    - Shudder

    - Acorn TV

    - Sundance NOW

    - IFC Unlimited

    - Urban Move Channel

    - Tastemade

    - Moonbug Kids

    - Mubi

    - Arrow Video Channel

    - UP Faith & Family

    From what Apple initially announced at their March event, we should still be expecting channels like Noggin and CollegeHumor, but channels that weren't a part of the March announcement (BET+, Moonbug) tells us that there can be more channels on the way before the initial March batch makes their way to the TV App.

    So the question is, what kind of surprises could we expect?

    submitted by /u/jgreg728
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube blurry on Apple TV 4K

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 03:41 PM PST

    I just bought a 4K Apple TV, and it works great so far... except with YouTube. Some videos are slightly fuzzy/blurry, as if they are at a lower resolution, but they look way clearer when I play them on my television's native YouTube app.

    The Stats for Nerds show that the videos are playing at the full resolution. For instance, a video set at 1080p shows that it's 1920x1080@24 both optimally and while playing. Changing the Apple TV's resolution doesn't help, and I already have Match Content turned on for range and frame rate. Turning off my TV's WiFi does nothing.

    I'm not understanding why the content looks so blurry on the Apple TV YouTube app compared to the native Samsung TV YouTube app. I've tried doing what all the other threads about this mention, but nothing improves the situation. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/tinyhipsterboy
    [link] [comments]

    Double headphones to Apple TV

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 03:49 AM PST

    Is it possible to connect two Bluetooth headphones to a single Apple TV?

    submitted by /u/Certhx
    [link] [comments]

    “TV” button on universal remote?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 05:58 PM PST

    Is there no way to use the "TV/Home" button via a 3rd party remote? Nowhere in the programming of a remote does it give that option. Am I missing something?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TheCopernicus
    [link] [comments]

    More Dolby Vision Issues

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 12:01 AM PST

    I'm running the latest OS: 13.3

    It's hooked straight to my 75SM9070PUA LG 75" TV using an Apple certified Belkin 8K cable.

    When I wake the AppleTV the picture drops out about every 10 seconds.

    Is this a known issue? Does it with both of my Apple TV's.

    submitted by /u/tallpeoplematter
    [link] [comments]

    Cast Credit Photo

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 05:22 PM PST

    Hello! I was wondering if anyone knew how to add a photo to your name when your credit appears on a show/movie you worked on is on AppleTV? Some cast members have a pic & others don't- trying to see how to add a headshot to a name! Any advice would be greatly appreciated

    submitted by /u/cather_intherye
    [link] [comments]

    Airplay to AppleTV from Mac fails

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 09:49 AM PST

    I want to send audio from iTunes on my Mac (in office) to my AppleTV(living room). I go to the Airplay icon in iTunes, and add a tick next to AppleTV.

    iTunes says Connecting to AppleTV. While this is during which I am unable to browse the web from my Mac. Internet comes back, and an error message appears saying 'Could not connect to "Apple TV"'.

    During this time, all other networked devices can access the network. It seems that the act of connecting to the appletv stalls the network on the Mac.

    I am able to send audio from iTunes to an Airplay speaker elsewhere in my house without this issue. I am also able to access music and video via home sharing. However, I don't want to have to switch on my projector in order to play back music through the AppleTV. Instead I want to use iTunes Remote or Retune to remote control playback.

    I also note that I am able to Airplay to the AppleTV from an iPad without an issue.

    I am running Mojave 10.14.6, tvos 13.3, iTunes 12.9.5.5, AppleTV 4K, iMac.

    Is anyone else having problems with Airplay to Apple TV?

    submitted by /u/dunxd
    [link] [comments]

    This sub is useless now

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 01:08 AM PST

    It's supposed to be about the AppleTV hardware. Not the streaming service which I have little interest in.

    submitted by /u/markhewitt1978
    [link] [comments]

    Just subbed, pleases tell me me this isn’t one big circle jerk about “The Morning Show”, please tell me that I’m not the only person enamored by “Servant”. It’s 100 times more interesting than the morning show.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 12:39 AM PST

    Dolby vision on ATV4K still bugged even with 12.4

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 02:28 PM PST

    I bought a second Apple TV 4K with 12.4 still installed to check if that elevated black bars bug was a product of a software update and even on 12.4, the black bars still arnt pure black corner of black bar in Witcher/morning show

    Edit: I'm on lg b8

    submitted by /u/PassTheCurry
    [link] [comments]

    Decided to try the Amazon prime thing, damn that app ugly

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 05:15 PM PST

    It gotta be one of the ugliest apps ever, what's wrong with Amazon?

    submitted by /u/fuck_your_diploma
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV I love you but I hate you

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 03:54 PM PST

    I have the Apple TV Device and I also have Apple TV. The device or the streaming service drops audio constantly. It is very annoying because I have to stop my device and restart it pretty consistently throughout my viewing experience. It got so annoying I decided to just turn on the Closed Caption. As I was watching Truth Be Told with CC on I realized the CC is not in sync!! The CC is like 3 minutes ahead of the picture on the screen!! HA! Another issue I have had is that it just shuts off to a black screen and other times it will continue playing audio but a screen comes on asking me for me apple password for no reason??

    Another issue I have is it is really hard to get to the episode list of the show. Sometimes the episodes are listed right below the show sometimes the episodes are not listed?? Once you see the episode list it is hard to know which ones you have watched. I noticed today there is a smallish check mark on the right lower part of the thumbnail but it does not consistently show up on the episodes I have watched. Sometimes the check mark is there and sometimes it isn't.

    Apple TV in my humble opinion is pretty terrible. I am enjoying the programs, but damn the viewing experience is dismal. It is work to watch an entire episode. I just want to watch a show without it shutting down, losing audio, or needlessly asking for my password.

    submitted by /u/GreyOwlster
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel