• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 14, 2020

    iPhone Iphone 8, IOS 13.3. Microphone(s) not working properly in call. Working flawlessly in other apps.

    iPhone Iphone 8, IOS 13.3. Microphone(s) not working properly in call. Working flawlessly in other apps.


    Iphone 8, IOS 13.3. Microphone(s) not working properly in call. Working flawlessly in other apps.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 05:09 PM PST

    Basically it's the title. The phone is in mint condition, no external damage or even scratches. When I test my microphones with Voice Memos and recording both front and rear video everything works fine. When I send a voice message on Facebook messenger it works fine. When I speak to Siri she hears everything I say even when I speak quieter than normal. When I make a phone call the other parties can barely hear me at all. I called the plantronics test call line "audio tuning wizard" and confirmed for myself. The audio is choppy/garbled and far too quiet. I'm testing this with nothing on the phone, no case or even screen protector. Making a call via bluetooth device works perfectly. I'm not sure when this issue began but I first noticed it today. I make the majority of my calls over bluetooth and it has likely been a week or two since trying to call with the device in hand.

    • I've rebooted the device multiple times.
    • I've performed a factory data reset.
    • I've turned wifi calling off/on.
    • I've turn VoLTE off/on.
    • I've turned both wifi and bluetooth off/on.
    • I've physically cleaned the device with a tooth brush to remove any potential dirt/debris.
    • I've gone through all the steps suggested by VZW "tier II customer service tech".

    Nothing I have done has made any change whatsoever. I feel this is likely a software bug/issue/glitch with the phone app itself. I have no proof of this other than my simple testing. To think if it was a physical issue with a solder point (or something else on the board) the microphone(s) would act the same way in all various apps/uses. This issue is isolated solely to the Phone app/voice calling. I've had the device for about 18 months (6 months remaining on carrier financing to get the BOGO offer they had at the time of purchase). I am firmly out of warranty through both verizon and apple. Looking for any and all advice, thanks.

    Edit: Just testing the speaker phone and everything works fine speaking to it like that. The issue now only presents itself when holding it to your face and speaking like a traditional phone. I am even more convinced now that it is software related.

    submitted by /u/mr_snartypants
    [link] [comments]

    Texts bug.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 04:57 PM PST

    If I or sometimes the other person sends multiple texts in a row then often the next time I look back at them they will be shuffled around usually so that the following texts are put between the others, I don't exactly know the rules of it.

    submitted by /u/ShrekBeeBensonDCLXVI
    [link] [comments]

    Weird camera bug(?)

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 03:58 PM PST

    iPhone XS Max (256 GB) running iOS 13.3

    Earlier today, I was filming a video (front facing cam if that means anything). About 45 seconds or so in, it stopped filming and the screen blurred (similar to getting a low battery notification while using your camera). I automatically thought my storage was full, but upon checking I realized that I had over 100 GB of storage left. Nonetheless, I deleted all (nearly) 4K photos/videos from my library (with the exception of 100 bc they're photos of important documents and video footage I use for my business) and gained another 5 GB. After that, I figured I'd restart my phone and then immediately shut it down for 30 seconds.

    After I booted everything back up, filming was fine... for 6 minutes, then the same thing happened again: recording stopped and blurry screen ensued. On a side note, it also happened a few minutes after I opened the camera, but wasn't filming anything (the blurriness that is).

    Has/is anyone else facing this issue? Is this a bug in the current iOS?

    submitted by /u/EarthboundTimelord
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 Pro issues

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 12:14 PM PST

    I purchased two iPhone 11 Pro's for my husband and I the week they came out. Our phones were working fine, and then randomly quit accepting calls. They will go straight to voicemail. It will happen for a couple weeks in a row, then randomly start working and accepting calls as normal. Then stop again after a few days. I've brought my phone to Verizon 5 different times. They've extended my ring time, changed my SIM card, replaced the phone with a new one, and have looked into network issues and had technicians look at the towers in my area. They've looked through all my settings to make sure everything is set up correctly as well. Verizon has run out of ideas on what could be the problem. I am at a loss on what to do. Any advice???

    submitted by /u/jeepin1231
    [link] [comments]

    Please help: Micorphone not working.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:47 AM PST

    Ever since I got my iPhone XR, it's been nothing but little glitches and issues. Now Siri doesn't work. Siri never worked on this phone actually. It works with my Airpods and stuff, so I know it's a problem with an iPhone Microphone. My microphones sometimes pick up my voice on videos, but other times it's choppy and it doesn't pick up really anything. They work completely fine on voice text and on voice memos, so im not sure what's going on.

    submitted by /u/Bigshotbobbylight
    [link] [comments]

    Android to iPhone sms transfer help!

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 10:15 AM PST

    Hey there.

    Recently made the switch from android to iPhone. The app that was suggested when I set my iPhone up wasn't working so I went with a manual set up, most of my accounts moved over but I am trying to find a way to import my Sms conversation list to my iPhone. Can this be done?

    submitted by /u/epurcell5023
    [link] [comments]

    Phone is skipping time?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 10:05 AM PST

    I just watched my iphone 7, v12.2 go from 11:59am to 12:01pm. I watched the second hand go around on 11:59 for two minutes and completely skipped 12:00pm. I haven't noticed it before but not sure if this is anything else anyone has experienced? I'm going to keep an eye on it now that I've seen this.

    submitted by /u/mimosaholdtheoj
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel