• Breaking News

    Monday, January 13, 2020

    Apple Help Printer LaserWriter Select 360 is not responding anymore

    Apple Help Printer LaserWriter Select 360 is not responding anymore


    Printer LaserWriter Select 360 is not responding anymore

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 04:33 PM PST

    Why does 87% battery capacity require service when the warranty will only cover you at 80%?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 09:25 PM PST

    iPhone 8 Plus real battery life

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 11:21 AM PST

    Hello guys, I have one question: how many screen on time does 8 Plus normally sustain? I have 90% capacity and usually my iPhone is capable of 5-6.5 hours of screen on time on single charge. Is it good enough and normal?

    submitted by /u/heavy_rebar
    [link] [comments]

    Idk if this counts in this subreddit but why is the screen time doing this?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 01:36 PM PST

    Any way to add/download songs with Apple Music without having to upload my entire iTunes library?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 09:07 PM PST

    I have like 50 GB of music on my MacBooks from before I started using Apple Music and I'd really rather not have to upload all of it, and any future music I add to my library. I have a lot of J-Pop and Volcaloid music that is definitely not on Apple Music.

    Thanks for any replies!

    submitted by /u/ChiSqrd
    [link] [comments]

    Nike Run Club being automatically reinstated everyday

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 08:51 PM PST

    I have an iPhone 8 with iOS 13.3 installed. It's paired with an Apple Watch Series 4, Nike+ edition, running WatchOS 6.1. Some time ago I installed the Nike Running Club app on my phone because I thought I would start running. However, I don't run and decided to remove the app from my phone and watch.

    To my astonishment, the next day I found it on my iPhone home screen! I did not reinstall it myself, so I uninstalled it. Next day, same thing! This has continued for the last few days; I'm a bit unsure how to proceed. Has anyone else experienced this before? Any solutions?

    FWIW, the app is not being reinstalled on the watch; just the phone.

    submitted by /u/linux2647
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8 Plus randomly shuts off

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 11:12 PM PST

    I bought an iPhone 8 plus off ebay a few days ago and its starting to randomly turn off. This seems to happen more when I'm using Snapchat but has also happened when browsing chrome and opening my settings app. It will keep doing this until I force restart my phone which seems to fix it for a few hours. I am on ios 13.3, any help would be awesome

    submitted by /u/imnuts277
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro (Early 2015, Retina, 13inch) OS Catalina...MacBook will only turn on while plugged in. As soon as the power cable disconnects its an immediate shutdown. This happened overnight. Any suggestions?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 10:41 PM PST

    Usb-c dock with displayport mini and two usb 3.0 ports

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 10:13 PM PST

    I just bought a new mac that only has 2 usb-c ports. For my setup to work i need one displayport mini and two usb 3.0 ports, but im having trouble finding a good one. Can anyone help me? Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/Simmeyy
    [link] [comments]

    AirPods being controlled by someone else?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 10:01 PM PST

    iphone 6 screen black after turning phone off - can’t see anything on the screen but can still receive texts

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 06:11 PM PST

    So basically my phone works perfectly until I turn the screen off - then when I go to turn it back on it, the screen is black. It's a lighter black, so I know it's on - it's just not showing anything . It still receives texts and vibrates when I turn the volume on - the screen just doesn't show me anything. If I force a restart I can log into my phone, but the moment I turn it off and go to turn it back on the screen is black.

    I've tried updating it through itunes (recovery mode) but it hasn't fixed it. Any advice would be great, thanks!

    submitted by /u/gjmsun
    [link] [comments]

    Can't reorder music on iTunes with Windows 10?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 09:55 PM PST

    Just installed iTunes on a new Windows 10 computer from Windows 7 and I now can't edit my playlist or add songs on my iPhone. Can someone please confirm if this is an intended feature with Windows 10 iTunes or it is a different issue with my settings? Windows iTunes software is Version 12.10.3.1.

    submitted by /u/imaginary_num6er
    [link] [comments]

    MBP 2015 constantly freezing and I have no clue why. MBP info attached.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 09:49 PM PST

    Since last summer, my mbp keeps locking up and I would have to hold the power button to force shut down and restart it. I have no idea why or how it happens, but it is starting to become ridiculously annoying when I am working on projects. Has anyone experience this issue before? I understand that the cpu overheating will force the mbp to freeze but I have mac fan control constantly keeping the temp. between 100-130 so that should not be the issue. RAM usage is fine because no warnings come up so I am really at a loss for ideas on why this happens so frequently. Someone please help me before I throw my mbp into the trash bin.

    https://preview.redd.it/vufa2lyjloa41.png?width=1180&format=png&auto=webp&s=263a58823b284ff6f188afcf1c6bdee52e90b6f0

    submitted by /u/ixreflow
    [link] [comments]

    Will the apple store update my device?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 03:35 PM PST

    Hi All,

    I have to get my battery replaced on my MacBook Air (it's at the replace now state and only holds about ~2 hours of battery). However, my job uses software that is only available in 32bit at the moment, so I am unable to update past Mojave. Is the Apple Store going to forcibly update my device? If so, is it possible to de-update it after? I have plenty of backups of my computer, and will back it up again before I go.

    Also, will my ability to use BootCamp be affected?

    submitted by /u/koolishmew
    [link] [comments]

    Accidental wiped disk MacBook 2012

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 09:20 PM PST

    Hey guys I am in desperate need of help, so I had installed Linux on my MacBook out of curiosity and to fiddle around in Linux since I have never used it but very curious. Turns out I have accidentally wiped my entire hard drive and I can not go back to macos. Any suggestions?

    I have the MacBook from mid 2012 (model #A1286) I did buy it used.

    submitted by /u/AwesomeSauwses
    [link] [comments]

    Input/Output Error on 2006 MacBook Pro

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 08:46 PM PST

    So I figured out why my 2006 MacBook Pro wasn't booting, one of the RAMs was bad. I put a hard drive in it (previously running Linux) and I got it to boot successfully with a Mac OS install disk/cd. Once I booted and selected my language, it told me that Mac OS couldn't be installed on this computer. I opened disk utility and saw my hard drive in Disk Utility. I tried to erase it and I got the input/output error. I tried formatting via Terminal and I got this error "Partitioning encountered error Input/Output error (5) on disk disk0". I'm thinking about take my hard drive out and formatting it with another mac and then putting it back in. Any other suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Warren-Binder
    [link] [comments]

    Using Siri to set location reminders

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:22 PM PST

    This used to work up until about a week ago (iPhone 11 Pro Max). I was able to tell Siri "When I get home, remind me..." or "When I get to the store remind me to pick up milk" (she'd ask for the location of the store). Then the Reminders app would pop up with my reminder when I arrive at that location, be it home or the store or work or whatever.

    Now, Siri gives me this error.

    "Sorry, I can only set messaging notifications for reminders in your iCloud account."

    I have checked to make sure my iCloud account is set up correctly, I've rebooted my phone, I've done everything short of a restore.

    Time and date reminders are still working as expected ("in 30 minutes remind me to put the clothes in the dryer," "on january 29th remind me to pay the cable bill").

    Any ideas on how to get location reminders working again?

    submitted by /u/pmjm
    [link] [comments]

    How to clean keyboard of new Macbook Pro?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:14 PM PST

    Just upgraded from a 2013 Macbook Pro about a week ago and I want to wipe down the keyboard and trackpad.

    Normally on my old one I'd shut it down and wipe it with a damp cloth, then wait a few minutes to make sure it's dry before turning it back on.

    However on the new one it seems like it powers on if you press any key.

    I wanna give it a nice cleaning but I'm really paranoid about water damage. Is there a setting to keep it shut down?

    How do you guys clean your keyboards?

    submitted by /u/Eaglesfan1174
    [link] [comments]

    2019 Macbook Air display randomly glitches

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 03:22 PM PST

    I bought a 2019 Macbook Air last September (running Mojave). A few weeks after use, I noticed that the screen would flicker with black spots at random. Tried some of the solutions posted online, like turning off Auto Brightness and resetting NVRAM and PRAM to no success.

    When I brought it to an authorized service center (no official Apple store in my country), they claimed a third party app was causing it and formatted my computer. However, the glitching kept happening even when I was using just the default Mac apps. When the glitching occurs, I'm normally running Safari (on Google Docs and Telegram Web) and/or QuickTime player.

    Eventually, the technician advised I replace the logic board and Touch ID. Everything was fine for about a week, until I spotted the glitching again.

    You can see the glitching at the beginning of this video: https://imgur.com/a/PTa6Fan. Has anyone encountered the same thing?

    submitted by /u/overlordmarco
    [link] [comments]

    Camera Roll album on iPhone

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:07 PM PST

    I want to have an album in photos on my iPhone only for the photos and videos I physically take. I am coming from Samsung which had it built in as the camera roll album, so I am looking for the same on Apple.

    I found that you can use smart albums but they only work on Mac, which I do have, but it's no really a solution to my problem because I can't access the smart album from my phone.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Skortcher101
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone SE - updating put me in a boot loop and restore did not work

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 06:40 PM PST

    Is there anything else I can try? It's an SE that I've had for ~3.5 years. Updated it (to the most current iOS) for the first time in a couple months tonight and it entered what I believe to be a boot loop. It can't get passed the apple logo and just flashes every couple of minutes. Sometimes these vertical lines pop up on the screen before it returns to the apple symbol.

    I've tried using the restore menu to update it twice now via iTunes, and both times after it finishes the process and goes to restart it just goes back to boot looping. I would be more willing to try a full wipe and restore but I don't know if any of my back ups are on the cloud (thanks to two-factor authentication I can't log-in to anything apple online since my phone is out of action) and any back ups I have saved are on a computer I won't have access to for months. If it comes down to me needing a new phone am I SOL and nothing on my current phone in it's current state is recoverable?

    Is this something worth trying to have a private repair place look at (I don't have an apple location within reasonable distance) or is my data/phone a total loss? Thanks and sorry for the long post.

    Weird side note: When the two-factor authentication tried to call me my phone rang even though it was in a boot loop. Obviously I couldn't pick up though.

    submitted by /u/masczero
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to download podcasts and iCloud photos, and unable to upload iCloud backups from Mac

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 06:33 PM PST

    I'm on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) running Catalina 10.15.2. I recently decided to turn on syncing of my Desktop and Documents folders within iCloud. There were no files currently in the Desktop or Documents folder when I enabled that setting. Shortly after enabling it, I copied about 80 GB of files into my Documents folder and they seemed to start syncing to iCloud. During this time, I had also been downloading around 20 issues of a podcast that I wanted to catch up on. I left my computer on overnight and in the morning, the podcast downloads had all switched over from "downloading" to "waiting". The iCloud upload was sitting at zero out of 80 GB. I tried turning off the iCloud desktop sync to let the podcast finish. However, I've not been able to download a single podcast episode in this time. I rebooted, still nothing. Now, I'm also unable to upload or download photos in the photos app. It just sits. I can seem to upload and download music through the music app however. This has been going on a few days, with my laptop on the entire time. I've rebooted several times. I also signed out of and back into iCloud yesterday. That did nothing. Tonight I reinstalled MacOS from the recovery menu, and the podcasts and iCloud are still stuck. I'm at a loss of how to fix this.

    Network connectivity is definitely fine. I'm posting this from my MacBook. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/normal_velocipede
    [link] [comments]

    I'm trying to use bootcamp on my late 2013 imac but it's saying that I need 40 GB free when I have 850 GB free.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 05:59 PM PST

    When I opened bootcamp it removed old time machine backups and imac cache but then said it didn't have enough free space. I've looked online for a solution and tried everything recommended on first page of search including reinstalling from backup. I also have another laptop at home, a late 2010 with high sierra that is doing the same thing. I think 250 GB of free space on that.

    submitted by /u/didntseethemovie
    [link] [comments]

    Can i pay over a series of months

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 11:48 AM PST

    Hi, i'm getting an MacBook Air 2019 probably next month. I was going to buy it from a electronic store in my city, where I can pay over a series of months, the only problem is that i want to buy a 16GB ram one, but they don't sell a 16GB one in the electronic store, so i want to buy it from Apple, my question is can i pay for my Macbook over a series of months on the website or in a CompuB store, they are the Apple store for Ireland.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Aristotle324
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best way for me to transfer my hi-res photos from my iPhone X to my Windows PC?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 01:51 PM PST

    I noticed my phone started deleting my apps over the past few months since it ran out of storage due to all my photos, so I wanted to offload all my photos onto my PC so wouldn't be losing all my apps. I plan to turn off that feature once my phone has free space again though.

    My issue is that a lot of photos were also saved automatically to iCloud, and low-res versions of them stayed on my phone. So when I tried to transfer my photos to my PC I wasn't saving the best quality versions. What is the best way I can transfer ALL of my hi-res photos and videos to my PC so I can delete them off of my phone? I tried downloading the iCloud software on my PC but it didn't really seem helpful at all.

    submitted by /u/OfficialOnslot
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel