• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 19, 2020

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [January 19]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [January 19]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [January 19]

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 08:08 PM PST

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Two iPhones or the privacy of billions: Why Apple vs. the FBI matters

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 11:04 AM PST

    If you go into your "passwords" and try to screenshot them, the login name stays but the password automatically disappears on the screenshot, no matter what you do - try it

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 04:17 PM PST

    Apple tests UWB switch to keep the iPhone 11 from tracking your location

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 05:05 PM PST

    Wouldn’t it be awesome if Apple made an iPhone 5 with 5 inch screen with less frame and A13 chip?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 06:50 PM PST

    A black iPhone 5 is the sexiest phone i have ever seen in my life.

    submitted by /u/OssyK
    [link] [comments]

    [Concept] What "swipe up to go home" could look like with the style of iOS 6

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 11:19 AM PST

    Has anyone gotten a text/notification from a friend or loved one activating SOS?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 02:15 PM PST

    I'm curious what it looks like to your emergency contacts when you activate Emergency SOS, whether it's a separate notification that can bypass DND, or if it just shows up as an iMessage or text message.

    submitted by /u/jacob7ism
    [link] [comments]

    The image naming convention on iPhone is really bad.

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 03:17 PM PST

    Most phones name images in a format that includes the date. iPhones just count up from the first picture. I'm not sure how most people manage their photos, but I don't use any apps or cloud storage - I just make folders and sort them by year.

    This naming convention becomes an annoying problem because there are now hundreds of duplicate filenames. Once I empty my iPhone into my computer, it begins counting from one again with new pictures, resulting in conflicts when I go back to copy the new pictures into the same folder on my computer.

    Windows 10 no longer allows you to keep both when the destination has a file with the same filename as the one you are copying. On Mac you get a warning, but holding Option lets you bypass it and select "keep both", which is at least something, but still an annoyance. Because you now have hundreds of files with a "2" on the end, and no indication of when they were taken unless you check the easily changed "Last Updated" or "Last Created" date (can be reset by any edit, or any time you make a copy).

    Sorry for the rant, but this gets on my nerves because I had a perfectly organized collection of photos before I got an iPhone. Only thing I can think of to solve this is a bulk rename, but I'll have to do that every time I copy photos which is not ideal.

    submitted by /u/van721
    [link] [comments]

    Fixing iPhone 7 screen at home

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 08:30 PM PST

    So recently I dropped my iPhone 7 one too many times and the screen just blacked out and now refuses to turn back on. Because my work relies somewhat heavily on my phone I got a new phone straightaway however it turns out that my contacts, past texts and imessages, photos and my safari tabs didn't transfer over. Because the screen is dead I can't backup my phone again to iCloud as I don't have a trusted device and I can't do the quick transfer thingy. So I'm trying to find the cheapest way possible to get the screen fixed so I can either backup to cloud or somehow transfer stuff over. So what I'm asking is, would it be a good idea to try replace the screen myself, and if not, what is a viable and cheap option for me?

    submitted by /u/White_Death02
    [link] [comments]

    What would you share with an iPhone 6 user from 2011 who recently made the jump from Android to an iPhone 11 Pro? (That’s me!)

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 06:38 PM PST

    edit: Sorry I unfortunatey am not a time traveler! 2014!

    submitted by /u/Alternative-Yard
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel