• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 19, 2020

    Apple Watch Weekly 'My Watch' Standard Config/Joined the Club Megathread - [January 19]

    Apple Watch Weekly 'My Watch' Standard Config/Joined the Club Megathread - [January 19]


    Weekly 'My Watch' Standard Config/Joined the Club Megathread - [January 19]

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 08:09 PM PST

    Welcome to today's 'Joined the Club'/Standard Config Megathread.

    Want to show off your newly purchased Apple Watch? Here's the place! Introduce yourself to the community and show off your new Apple Watch and or your new band!

    This is the place for standard configuration configs (those that can be bought off Apple's website as a bundle). If you have a custom watch/band combo, please post it outside the thread!


    Rules

    1. Use a reputable image host. imgur.com is preferable. You do not have to set your album to public - simply copy the link.
    2. No NSFW posts.
    3. Directly linked images only (albums are acceptable).

    Here's all the previous joined the club threads

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Won 400% move goal 6 times apparently. Any way to check when they happened?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 08:43 PM PST

    I set out to achieve it when I noticed it was blank a few weeks ago, achieved it after a painstaking 13 mile/250 minutes of exercise. Now under awards it says I earned this award 6 times. Does that make sense?

    submitted by /u/jtrubela
    [link] [comments]

    UX- My personal Apple Watch experience series 5 w/LTE, 44mm with milanese band for anyone considering buying the Apple Watch or trying to figure out which complications to use.

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 05:56 PM PST

    So, I was on the fence about getting one, mainly because of the price tag. I had a decent year so I splurged.

    Went to Sprint store, and payed off my my Iphone X, and picked up my watch with the promo they had going on. In short, I pay the about the same amount as I did before, a little less actually. At first I was having buyers remorse. I had a hard time choosing a face that was functional, attractive, and easy to read and I kept saying to myself "my phone can do all of this, why did I buy this watch?"

    I wanted to make the most of all the complications available, and I ended up settling with the Infograph Modular face. The time was easy to read, I kept the main complication as the default weather conditions, and put the fitness tracking rings on the bottom left. I kept changing the 3 other complications because I didn't know which ones were the most useful.

    But, then I discovered the walkie talkie app! A few people at work have Apple Watches too, and it immediately became a useful tool for me. I work in a Warehouse expediting work orders/quality control, and coordinating daily functions. My company is split up between two buildings separated by a retention/detention pond, and I'm constantly walking between buildings. I also run errands in the company truck and between buildings. My co workers, and bosses are able to communicate a little easier through out the day with the walkie talkie app. Sometimes you need a quick response, where texting might take a while, and sometimes you can't hear your phone or feel your phone going off in your pocket because the warehouse can be really loud.

    I really enjoy closing my rings off, and get a kick out of peoples response when I compare my movement to others because I'm a big guy. I absolutely crush the average persons activity. I take about 20,000 steps a day, which comes out to about 10 miles a day. A lot of the time I'm carrying heavy castings between stations too. With that said, the activity tracker became one of my most useful complications, and it got rid of any buyers remorse I had left.

    Up until today I thought the text messaging complication was worthless, and found it annoying to read messages on my watch and respond with my phone. I then found out you could customize your quick responses, which made responding to text messages so much better. I added specific responses related to work and some that show more of my personality that reflect how I speak face to face. I added some sarcastic/ guy banter that make it even more fun. Having a preset message letting someone know you can only respond with a simple "yes" or "no" saves a lot of time too. My boss will ask which building I'm in, and having a preset message saying "building A" or "building B" is another super convenient response. After figuring this out, the text messaging app became a must have complication.

    The 4th complication I keep on my Infograph Modular face is Spotify. I keep a bluetooth speaker in the warehouse, and leave my phone near it. That way I can still change songs, turn the volume up, down, or pause the song from home if I really wanted and not worry about going out of range from the speaker.

    If I need to call someone I can just hold down the crown and tell Siri to call anyone on my contacts list.

    Which faces do y'all use? Which complications do y'all keep on your face? What other ways do y'all use your watch on a day to day basis?

    submitted by /u/banana_confleis
    [link] [comments]

    What is the longest battery life you have got on an Apple Watch Series 4 or Series 5?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 01:41 AM PST

    I have managed through 2 days, but I am seeing some people claim to have made it up to 5 days.

    submitted by /u/Tom_Denz
    [link] [comments]

    Battery Diagnostics - where can I find these?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 04:18 AM PST

    So I was at the Apple Store last friday with an issue regarding to my older watch, but while I was there, I asked about battery diagnostics for my current watch as well (as I noticed the battery declines bit by bit).

    They said I could see it on my phone just like my phone's battery, but they were not able to show me the option in the settings. They gave up after a few minutes and ran a diagnostics program on their iPad. Unfortunately, I was not able to get a full glance of their screen, all they said is "all tests passed, battery is fine".

    What I could pick up, however, was a half depleted bar, that most probably didn't refer to my current battery charge (which was 85%+ at that time). So I'm not sure if my battery dropped to half of the capacity or if that bar shows something completely different.

    Any idea if and how I can check my battery health of the Apple Watch on my phone? And if it's not there, if there is a possibility to get a diagnostics report from the watch where I could extract battery health from?

    I know I have AppleCare + on it and I don't have a problem to pay a fee for the battery replacement, it's just getting annoying to charge the watch much more often than in the beginning. I have already enabled Theater Mode throughout the day, but it would be fine if I could have a look how the actual battery health really is.

    TIA!

    submitted by /u/allthepugsintheworld
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody know what workouts in the workout app accurately calculate workout minutes?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 05:50 AM PST

    I know that the running actually uses the fact that I'm running to measure how many minutes of running I did. If I ran for 45 minutes I'm going to earn at least 45 minutes on my exercise ring. The other day I was doing some yoga and was doing some active learning at the same time (it was PD for the school I work for). The yoga lasted for 60 minutes, I was active in the yoga for maybe 30, but my heart rate never rose to an exercise level (over ~100 bpm) nor did I break a sweat, and I still obtained the 30 minutes of exercise to close my ring.

    So my question, if yoga measures the total timer of the workout and calls those exercise minutes, what other workouts do so that I can't essentially cheat my rings?

    submitted by /u/doravec88
    [link] [comments]

    Can you loop a gif as your Apple Watch face?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 05:03 PM PST

    I have a series 5 and I set my watch face as a gif. Is there anyway to loop it so it plays over and over. Right now after the gif plays it's just a static picture at the end. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/BHojnacki
    [link] [comments]

    Heart Rate

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 11:17 PM PST

    What is everyones heart rate at when they look at it through their Apple Watch?

    Mine's currently sitting at 75BPM but goes to 95BPM sometimes (stays within that range for the most part of my day) that too when I'm sitting down. Is that considered resting heart rate? If so, how come my resting heart rate shows 58BPM?

    I'm confused and would love an answer to it, thanks!

    submitted by /u/LifeOfJona
    [link] [comments]

    Why can’t I get texts sent to my Apple Watch phone number?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 02:24 AM PST

    I have an Apple Watch with cellular, and its own separate number from my iPhone. Sure, it mirrors texts sent to my phone's phone number but if a text is sent to the phone number which is registered to my watch, nothings recieved. It shows my Verizon plan is active and some data is used this plan. As far as I know this has never worked.

    submitted by /u/unruled77
    [link] [comments]

    Move Goal Accuracy

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 04:35 AM PST

    Do you guys think that the move goal calories are accurate? Like i run an hour with 10 min of CD and it says i burned like 800-1000 calories.

    submitted by /u/Ogikay
    [link] [comments]

    Help closing exercise ring on Activity

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 07:24 AM PST

    Is there a way to falsely close a past exercise ring? I've got a 100% streak up to now apart from New Year's Day. (Prob spent most of that time in bed!). It's a shame really, because I didn't think it would have been that important, but now I'm working on keeping 100%

    submitted by /u/Hutchred
    [link] [comments]

    Just switched to iOS and have some questions

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 06:29 AM PST

    Hi everyone.

    I was an avid iPhone guy way back, new one every year until in think the 4s. Tried out a galaxy and was loyal through my Note 9 up until a couple days ago. Wife was always iOS, my 4 kids just got iPhones, so I figured it was time to revisit...

    Anyhow, I'm extremely underwhelmed with the iPhone/Galaxy Watch integration and am looking for a good deal on an Apple Watch. All I need is WiFi/GPS. One deal I'm looking at is adding a line at sprint (where my kids' 4 lines are) for about $21/mo. The kicker is my phone service is through Verizon. Will that be an issue? I have no idea how this stuff works.

    TL;DR can I have a Verizon iPhone and sprint Apple Watch?

    submitted by /u/rmanTX
    [link] [comments]

    Has this happen to anyone else? I can’t get my Watch to update to 6.1.1

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 05:17 AM PST

    Is AW series 5 worth double the price of series 3

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 05:06 AM PST

    I've been thinking to get my first AW for a while now. I think now it's the right time. The two available options are series 3 for 230€ and series 5 for 470€. Does the AW 5 worth double the price of AW 3 ?

    submitted by /u/perdikal
    [link] [comments]

    Help a brother out! So,I like the function of blasting the water from my series 5 watch. Can my iPhone 11 Pro Max do the same thing?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 12:40 AM PST

    Caseless phone with watch?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 03:46 AM PST

    Hi everyone,

    So this is just a random question (hopefully I'm not breaking any rules here)...

    But do any of you now carry your phone caseless because you use your watch more?

    I was just thinking that I now use my watch for exercise/ music and also to check notifications and such while I'm teaching. I really only take my phone out when I'm sitting down. It's not in as much "danger" as it used to be when I had to take it in and out for everything.

    Thoughts? It's probably still too risky but it's so damn nice to have the phone naked sometimes, especially in safe settings like just lounging at home.

    submitted by /u/ManateeJamboree
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve had a lot of trouble downloading watch OS 6.1.1. Any Suggestions Would Be Appreciated.

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 11:50 PM PST

    I've definitely been neglecting my apple watch series 3 for the past year or so. I recently decided to give it to my dad.

    However, I went to update my watch before giving it to him and have been unsuccessful.

    I tried to unpair and repair the watch from my iPhone as well (iOS 13.3)

    Whenever i press the download and install button in order to update my watch, I receive this message usually a minute into the process

    https://imgur.com/a/9CI8j3z

    My watch is being charged and should be on a decent connection.

    Do you have any suggestions to my issue or any alternative methods for installation such as through iTunes?

    submitted by /u/KlayThompsonSon
    [link] [comments]

    Activity Challenges

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 08:46 PM PST

    Does anyone know where I can find a list of upcoming activity challenges ? I'm so into this month and want to keep it going.

    submitted by /u/ianfrommontreal
    [link] [comments]

    How has Apple watch improved your life?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 12:47 PM PST

    I've been considering getting an Apple Watch for some time, generally put things on the back burner when I worry how much use I would get from it in reality. I'm not a gym goer, I'm conscious of my health wanting to walk and excercise more so I'm hoping that this could help me do more in this space. I like the idea of being able to organise myself, check work emails and calendars on the move and read messages, and Shazam and Walkie talkie my strange brother who has one. I love the idea of tech eg tony stark being able to do pretty much most things through ai assistants and tech so what I'm really asking is how much of this is all dream world thinking? how disappointed am I likely to be? Should I get one? (Me and my wife considering) what would I be most pleased with? What's your biggest regrets and greatest pleasures you've had that made you glad you have one? Expensive timepiece or life changing tech? Many many thanks in advance for your time and sharing. Peace to all ✌️

    submitted by /u/greddit27
    [link] [comments]

    Fitness challenges - incompatibility

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 06:50 PM PST

    Hi there! I have a series 3 Apple Watch, and my friend (series 1) is unable to accept my fitness challenges. She gets a notification that says that she needs to update her watch. Her phone/watch does not have any new updates pending. Can someone help? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Pepsisaurus_
    [link] [comments]

    Move Ring not updating with third party apps (Zwift, Strava)

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 09:41 PM PST

    Has anyone else experienced this issue? I finished a workout in Zwift and close the app. The workout is logged and shows up with all relevant data in the Activity app. Exercise minutes are recorded on the green ring, but the active calories have no effect on the move ring. The app has full permission to read/write data.

    This issue is driving me crazy, as it largely defeats the purpose of the Apple Watch as a fitness accessory for my use case.

    submitted by /u/andyhenault
    [link] [comments]

    Complication icons not showing up

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 02:52 PM PST

    Hi there!

    I recently restored my watch from a back up because I did not use it for a while.

    However the complications of a few apps (Nano, AutoSleep and Spotify) have no icon. I can use them in a watchface and it works fine but its like an invisible button because the icon is not there.

    I am on series 0 with the last update.

    Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? I could not find info online.

    Thanks in advance :)

    submitted by /u/mxmmix
    [link] [comments]

    Notifications showing on both watch and phone

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 11:39 AM PST

    Hey everyone, I figured I'd try here in case someone has gone through this recently.

    As of this past week, if I have my phone and watch on my desk and I get a text, it'll play a sound and light up both the screen of my phone and watch.

    It USED to work properly where if I was on my phone, nothing would happen on my watch and if my phone was locked it would only go to the watch.

    I have gone through so many apple care chats, with case numbers out the wahoo, escalated to senior technicians, sent diagnostic reports from both phone and watch with results being no issues. I have unpaired and repaired the watch to the phone. I literally have no idea what happened but it's annoying.

    If anyone has had these issues, message me or comment and give me a hand, I heard a lot of people want this situation while googling this, and I have no idea why, it's two times the same notification, two times the phone call rings, it's utterly annoying.

    Thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_YOUR_REARPUSS
    [link] [comments]

    any reviews / comments / experiences on these bands?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 05:28 PM PST

    the space black link bracelet

    and

    the space black Milanese loop

    thank you!

    submitted by /u/ThenCheesecake
    [link] [comments]

    Nomad Modern Strap. I think the lugs makes the watch look a bit to square. What do you guys think?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 12:52 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel