• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 8, 2020

    iPad Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 01/08

    iPad Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 01/08


    Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 01/08

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 08:37 AM PST

    Welcome to r/iPad' Discussion and Tech-Support Thread!

    Discuss here anything that's iPad related. You can suggest or ask about iPad apps, accessories, post about your iPad art, tips & tricks etc.

    Get help regarding any issues you might be having with your iPad, with your applications, your accessories, physical and software problems, etc. Fellow redditors and members of the mod team will do their best to assit you.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous D&TS threads listed below, or with the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before.


    Later on, please consider giving back by answering other people's questions when you can!

    Click here to see past D&TS threads.
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly 'What should I buy?' Thread - 01/08

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 08:37 AM PST

    Welcome to r/iPad's 'What Should I Buy?' Thread!


    Are you wondering which iPad is best for you? Are you hesitating between the 12.9" versus the 11"? Which keyboard should you get or what is the best screen protector out there? This is the place to ask. Fellow redditors and members of the mod team will do their best to assist you.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous WSIB threads listed below, or with the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before.


    Later on, please consider giving back by answering other people's questions when you can!

    Click here to see past WSIB threads.
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    How does the Apple pencil work?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 11:45 AM PST

    How does the Apple pencil tip locate itself to relative to the screen? I believe other styluses work on the principle of behaving like very fine, accurate"fingers" by inputting into the native touch screen functionality. Does the Apple pencil work the same? Or does it perform some other position signalling via the Bluetooth connection? (Article links most welcome)

    submitted by /u/TheThinGreenSlime
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro 11” wallpaper, such a tragedy!

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 12:51 PM PST

    2020 College Setup

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 01:06 PM PST

    Uninstalling apps

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 07:33 AM PST

    Let's suppose you want to delete an app which you'll never use again.

    Should you delete it by long-pressing the home screen icon and pressing "x", or by going to the settings menu, in the storage section, and choosing the "delete app" option? Is it the same?

    Does the cache and the personal data get deleted if I choose the first option?

    submitted by /u/phmae
    [link] [comments]

    Brydge Pro+ for 12.9 iPad Pro is here! CES Sneek Peek!

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 10:13 PM PST

    Is the iPad Pro 11 (2018) a complete over kill for me?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 10:26 AM PST

    I am a university student and I've been a die hard windows user for as long as I could use computers. My current devices for school are a desktop PC that I built for under $1000 and a Chromebook that I bought 3 years ago for $180. I gotta say the Chromebook in terms of speed and battery life is still killing it after all these years.

    Anyways long story short I fell in love with the iPad Pro and all of its "luxuries" after using it at the apple store. I have was stuck between a Surface Pro and the iPad Pro after that and then I realized that a regular 10.2? 2019 iPad with the pencil would do all the tasks that I need the iPad Pro to do. But how can I justify spending almost double the money on the iPad Pro?

    TLDR: Am I throwing money away by getting the iPad Pro instead of a regular iPad or is it safe to say that the A12X bionic and the new design will give the iPad Pro a life expectancy that can justify the insane price premium?

    submitted by /u/User19960401
    [link] [comments]

    Notability - Engineering Paper

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 10:32 AM PST

    I know notability has its own engineering paper. However, I need engineering paper that can be imported to Notability like this one paper. It has the little boxes on the top. https://imgur.com/K74k9

    submitted by /u/frost1161
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best free alternative to ProCreate for iPad ?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 07:19 AM PST

    I see a lot of people here posting things they made on procreate and I also want to try that but I dont want to spend money on an app that I would use only a few times.

    submitted by /u/sam_3205
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to schedule Outlook emails to send later on iOS?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 05:42 AM PST

    Looking for an effective way of scheduling emails to send later on the go on my iPad and my main work accounts are Office 365 so using Outlook for iOS.

    Thanks beforehand :)

    submitted by /u/MijacOnAir1
    [link] [comments]

    Do you bring your iPad to the toilet? Why/why not?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 06:46 AM PST

    With SideCar... Can I leave my MacBook in one room and take my iPad Pro in another and use it’s display with my Magic Mouse?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 04:06 PM PST

    And could I put the MacBook 12 inch to sleep during? Thanks

    submitted by /u/b_holden19
    [link] [comments]

    Video filmed on iPad - help!

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 11:22 AM PST

    Hi! My daughter had a school project that required her to set up her ipad to film an interview of a family member. I was not there, but she estimates the interview was probably 30-45 minutes. She did not check the video playback right after the interview (mistake #1) so when she went to turn the video in, she noticed that it would only playback in a fast speed with no sound. She initially thought that this was due to the video being so long that the app compressed the video for storage and that she just needed to decompress it. However, I cannot find anything about this phenomenon online and I fear that she might have accidentally hit "time-lapse" while setting up filming. She has used an ipad regularly for about 4 years and is quite familiar with the photo/video app. I think it is strange that she would make this mistake on this video (of all the videos!) Anyway, I guess I am hoping that there is some other explanation for this speedy playback and that there is some way to recover a legit video+sound for her project. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/214carey
    [link] [comments]

    Is anybody else having this problem?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 02:14 PM PST

    While I was in settings trying to switch my iPad from dark mode to light mode my iPad glitched like I had tapped on the screen randomly a lot of times. Anyone else have this problem?

    submitted by /u/FireBOY44
    [link] [comments]

    Why the iPad needs to embrace mice and trackpads

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 02:08 PM PST

    Using an IPad Pro to do Graphic Design

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 10:15 AM PST

    I was told to also post this here as it would also be helpful. it was originally posted in r/ipadpro and even then was originally from a comment I made (see bottom)

    Doing Graphic Design with Only the IPad Pro

    I am a graphic designer and use an iPad Pro as my daily driver and do all my work through there.

    What IPad Pro do I have?

    IPad Pro 12.9 inch 3ed Gen 64Gb Wifi + Apple Pencil 2ed Gen + Apple Folio for IPad Pro 12.9 inch + 2 Year Apple Care + 50Gb iCloud ( .99 USD paid monthly )

    I started doing Graphic Design on the IPad Pro in 2017 (I previously used a PC with Corel Draw for Graphic Design) when I bought a second-hand IPad Pro 2ed Gen 12.9 inch with 256Gb and honestly it was a really good machine and I still have it, the storage did me fine and didn't even need more Icloud storage. It ran everything that I needed perfectly fine and smoothly. It wasn't until I saw the major update that the IPad Pro got in there 2018 model that I decided to upgrade (Admitting it was because I really wanted those new features, as my old IPad Pro worked perfectly fine). Because I bought it when it barely came out it and from the Apple Store it was a pretty penny, so I had to compromise and get the 64Gb model to save a bit, but would later on go on to buy the 50gb Icloud plan because of it. But overall I have been very happy with the IPad Pro, especially with the new IPad OS as it has allowed me to go way further with it. I can sketch out ideas, convert them into vectors, send them over all with the IPad Pro.

    If you were to consider buying one I would recommend getting the 3ed Gen IPad Pro if you are going for new, as it is the fastest one currently and will last the longest from now on. However if you are on a budget, there are cheaper second hand IPad Pros 2ed Gen which also work perfectly fine as it was my previous IPad Pro and could do all the things that my current one can do (Look at Notice at bottom).

    Over all the 64 gb do fine for me, but I do know that this is only because I have the 50gb iCloud, which for 99 US Cents a month isn't a bad deal if you ask me. Other wise I would be filling up the IPad, not completely, but pretty close to it with my design files. But even then you can have a portable SSD, and that should do as with the new IPad OS you can save any files you need to the SSD through USB type-C. Now something that personally I don't need is the LTE model cause I have a mobile hotspot, but if you don't and will constantly be needing internet to search for images or to contact clients and other stuff then I would recommend it. But that choice is up to you on if you can afford to spend on getting LTE for the IPad and will need it. If you do graphic design or anything visually related I would highly recommend getting the 12.9 inch model. The extra screen allows you to work comfortable and take in a lot more visually, and it also helps you focus more on detail, which is important in graphic design or any graphic medium. Now the Apple pencil is a must have. It makes illustrating and in general using the IPad a whole lot better. The Apple Pencil allows you to do what you would be have to buy a super expensive pen/touch monitors does if you were to have a desktop layout, it just makes creating designs and working with visuals a lot more better and easier. Now as for the keyboard, I wouldn't recommend you getting the Official Apple Folio, as it simply isn't worth it. I got it, as there wasn't any keyboards around when I bought it that were made for the IPad Pro, but there are some way better and cheaper keyboard cases out there, you just have to look for them. But I still would recommend getting a keyboard as it allows for keyboard shortcuts which save me so much time, and makes designing so much easier and pretty as you don't have the digital keyboard popping up to block half the screen. Finally I did get the 2 year Apple Care plan cause this is a hefty investment and I did want to protect my purchase, but this is totally on you if you would like to get it or not. But I would still recommend you getting it if it is possible.

    Notice when Buying Second hand whether that be locally or online. (please read carefully)

    If possible try to buy locally and meet up in person as you can inspect the device. When buying second hand be careful to check that the IPad is fully functioning and always meet up at a public and safe location like a bank or coffee shop, if meeting locally. Be especially careful online as it is easier to get scammed. Use trusted sites and if available check any reviews you can about the seller. Don't use any shady looking websites and make sure that what you got is what was described. In general use common sense.

    the best thing to do in the case of online sales is try to find any reviews that you can on the seller, talk extensively with the seller and if possible ask for pictures of proof. Try to get as confident and secure as you can with the sale as you can. There will always be the risk of getting scammed, but if you use a trusted and secure site most will refund you if you do get scammed. But this will only work in trusted sites.

    But my recommendation is always to try and use a service were you can buy locally, there are apps/sites (if you live in the US) like Offer-Up and Letgo or (if you are not in the US) there is Craigslist. I'm pretty sure that if you search for an IPad Pro you will be able it find one. This has the benefit that you yourself can look at the device and guarantee by yourself that it is the real deal.

    What Apps do I use for Graphic Design?

    Now here is what I use for graphic design

    it is worth noting that affinity designer and photo apps are only available for IPad OS only, Procreate has a Pocket (ios) version.

    Do consider that *while you may use the Affinity apps in a regular IPad, not having the extra power may result in a slow and choppy experience** while using the app*

    • Procreate for IPad ($10 USD)

      • Procreate is an illustration focused app that in my opinion is well worth your money. This is what I use to sketch out concepts or ideas. I also just use it to illustrate as I also like to paint and draw. This app is really good and has a ton of features that make it a must have.
    • Affinity Designer for IPad ($20 USD)

      • Now this app is the main one. Affinity Designer is my main app to design, and is by far the most complete and advance app there is for the IPad out there. Its is very similar to Adobe Illustrator in my opinion. It has and supports all the main design based extensions like EPS, PDF, SVG, PSD, etc. With it I has able to design logos like this one which was for a local softball park. Its practically as close as you are going to get to a full desktop class experience as you can get.
    • Affinity Photo for IPad ($20 USD)

      • This is the Photoshop version of Affinity, again it is fully advance and has tons of features. If you like to do your graphic design in Photoshop this is the app for you. With it I was able to create this Poster of Marty McFly from Back to the Future. It has all the necessary features that you would need to do Photoshop. And again, as close as you are going to get to a full desktop experience with the IPad Pro.

    \This price can change as they do sometimes have a sale*

    feel free to add anything that I might have missed in the comments below or to ask me any questions if you'd like about the IPad, the apps that I use, or even graphic design!

    I originally posted this here but felt that more people could benefit from it, as it was hidden in the comments. Some of the text was edited to fit here better

    submitted by /u/JrDeveloper12
    [link] [comments]

    Sidecar with 3rd party pen?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 01:29 PM PST

    I got myself an iPad Air 3 for Christmas to replace my old iPad 3. I have to say that I love it. The performance improvement is really noticeable. One of the new features that I find myself using the most is Sidecar with my MacBook (I'm a developer and having 2 screens wherever I go is a dream come true).

    I've seen that you can interact with your MacBook using Apple's pencil. At the same time I'm not going to draw anything so pressure sensitivity is not a must for me. This is why I'm considering buying a 3rd party pen.

    Has anyone tried this feature with a different pen than Apple's? If so, any brand that you recommend?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/davidcano8
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any reason to get a 2019 7G iPad over a renewed (Amazon used) 2017 2G iPad pro 10.5 when they're both around the same price?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 03:47 PM PST

    Streaming on iPad

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 01:08 PM PST

    I used to connect my iPad up to my TV and stream some football from internet pages. It worked perfectly until a couple of weeks ago. Now the webpages load, but the video box does not start streaming. This works on my Android phone, but not the iPad.

    Has there been a update to the iPad that causes this, or has anyone had any similar issues?

    submitted by /u/gj888
    [link] [comments]

    would you recommend an ipad pro for me?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 12:33 PM PST

    hi! i'm thinking about buying a refurbished ipad pro within the next few months. for some context, i'm an english major (freshman) in college. i have a lenovo ideapad... i barely use it, though. there are a lot of days where i don't open it even once. i use my phone for nearly everything. the #1 reason behind us buying a laptop was for school, but even then i ended up using the computers in the library 80% of the time because lugging the lenovo around was too troublesome.

    my activities usually consist of web and app surfing, youtube, and writing on google docs. the games i usually play are on mobile. i'd mostly use the ipad for those activities and digital note taking/school work. i also like digital art and really want to get into it! that was another reason why i got a laptop. since i can get procreate or csp on an ipad and draw directly on the screen - which is more up my alley - i think an ipad is looking like a good option.

    i'd still use my laptop, of course. i'm just considering supplementing it with something i'd use more often. thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/makqu
    [link] [comments]

    Which iPad ... Air or Pro?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 11:39 AM PST

    I'm looking into getting a new iPad, but debating on the Air and Pro models. Is the Pro worth the extra $500?

    The ones I'm looking at is the:

    iPad Pro 12.9 in (3rd generation) with Verizon priced at $1,299.99 (w/o contract) - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-12-9-inch-ipad-pro-latest-model-with-wi-fi-cellular-256gb-verizon-space-gray/6016423.p?skuId=6016423

    And the iPad Air with Verizon priced at $779.99 (w/o contract) - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-ipad-air-latest-model-with-wi-fi-cellular-256gb-verizon-space-gray/6016395.p?skuId=6016395

    What is the differences and is it worth spending $520 more for the pro? The screen size on the Air version is sufficient, so I don't need the extra screen real estate, so what differences other than the screen size would you lean to the pro over the air?

    I currently have an original iPad Air from about 3 to 4 years ago.

    submitted by /u/jthorpein
    [link] [comments]

    Is this normal on an iPad Pro 11”? Screen appears to have become separated from the metal sides of the device, allowing for small debris to enter.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 11:31 AM PST

    Wireless Headset

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 11:29 AM PST

    I have a Beats X headset I us on my iPhone for work. It shows up on my iPad also do to iCloud sharing. Is there a way for it not to show up on the iPad. I never use it on the iPad and it keeps popping up. When I try to remove it says it will delete it from all my devices. But I still want it on my phone.

    Could this be just a problem with the Beats headset? Do people have any problems like this with other headsets?

    submitted by /u/Frozen_TJ
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Air 2020 design?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 03:31 AM PST

    How likely is it that the Air gets a refresh this year, like no home button and additional speakers? I'm ready to get a new iPad (Air is more in my budget) but unsure if I should wait and see what comes out in 2020. I tend to think these features will remain on the Pro models only, but who knows. Appreciate any thoughts on this. Thanks

    submitted by /u/anonymoused0929
    [link] [comments]

    iPad help? Stuck on Apple logo

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 10:59 AM PST

    It's stuck on Apple logo so I cannot turn it off unless I let it die.

    The computer sees it when I try DFU but fails to restore and update every time, it just goes back to Apple logo.

    I've let it die completely in hopes to time it just right to hold in home button to force the restore plug into iTunes screen, but haven't been successful at that either.

    Is there a different thing the Apple store can try that would prevent me from spending hundreds to fix it?

    Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/MycousinBenny
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel