• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 8, 2020

    Apple Help I have a old itouch thats disabled that i want to restore but for some reason it isnt being recognized by itunes. Anyone have a fix for this problem?

    Apple Help I have a old itouch thats disabled that i want to restore but for some reason it isnt being recognized by itunes. Anyone have a fix for this problem?


    I have a old itouch thats disabled that i want to restore but for some reason it isnt being recognized by itunes. Anyone have a fix for this problem?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 06:45 PM PST

    HELP strange apple watch green snake problem

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 09:27 PM PST

    Hi guys, I've got Series 2 Apple Watch that doesn't seem to be charging properly.

    When I put it on a working charger (out-of-box apple usb charger, tested to work with another apple watch series 3) there's not indication that it's charging at all. The screen is completely black, even when I press the side buttons. Even when I try hard resetting nothing pops up.

    The strange thing is that on rare occasions the Green snake screen appears. Not sure if its the position of the charger or a faulty battery.

    Has this happened to anyone? Any solutions to this problem?

    I've taken it to the Apple store and they told me they gotta replace the entire watch, but since I don't have apple care it'll cost even more than a new one.

    submitted by /u/PeanutShrimp
    [link] [comments]

    New Apple Repair focused wiki

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 07:02 AM PST

    Hello everyone. I am working on a project. I would like it to become the answer to all your questions. It started with my notes, whenever someone would post a great answer I would copy it down. I recently put it on an internal wiki, then I thought wouldn't it be great it anyone could contribute? Every time I find something useful I add it to the wiki. At this point its still relatively bare. It should be all correct information though. My goal is to get everyone contributing in their own way. All suggestions are welcome. Please note that this is still in its beginning phase, Create a free account and lets get to work! Logiwiki

    submitted by /u/cbusillo
    [link] [comments]

    A ghost downloading games on my phone overnight

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 09:43 PM PST

    So basically, when i woke up this morning, two games that i used to play before were being downloaded then stopped. Downloading these didnt require face ID as i downloaded them before. Yet they were not installed before i went to sleep. I got really creeped out and thought that i might have been sleepwalking (not something i usually do)

    submitted by /u/logosh12
    [link] [comments]

    Replacing my photo library with a different one?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 11:30 PM PST

    Hey guys, so I am currently trying to figure the best option to do this. I have a library of my own and one of my family members took the time to scan old film photos and put location on every single photo we as a family have. The issue here is that quite a few of those photos are already in my library. So I was thinking about keeping the library I have on my mac and creating a new one that I would set up as the system one. iCloud though will merge those libraries. Should I delete all the photos from iCloud itself and keep the library on my Mac and just let the System one upload the other library. If anyone has any other approach for this, please let me know. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/KubaH04
    [link] [comments]

    For some reason whenever I open up the camera app it keeps blinking like this. I bought this phone on October 13, 2019 and it’s an iPhone 11. I’m really worried and I hope it’s an easy fix

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 04:00 PM PST

    My new iPad lost over 40% of charge in a few hours even though I never used it.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 08:30 PM PST

    Hi. I left my iPad (7th gen) in my gym bag in the car and went to the gym after class, only to find out the charge is at 3%. I went to battery in settings and had a look at the graphs. I thought maybe the screen was left on. However, the auto lock feature was already enabled, and the graph confirms the screen time to be 0 minutes during those 3-4 hours.

    Its barely been a week since I bought it brand new from Bestbuy. Im thinking of exchanging it tbh.

    Any ideas? thx in advance!

    submitted by /u/RunningAcct123
    [link] [comments]

    IMEI Lock on iPhone 6S

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 07:46 PM PST

    I had bought an iPhone 6S on eBay a long time ago and just got it back out. I wanted to give it to my friend but when he put his Verizon sim card in it said the activation policy would not allow it. I looked up an IMEI check and here is the locked information:

    • Activation Status: Activated
    • Locked Carrier: US Sprint/Virgin/Boost (Sprint MVNO) Locked Activation Policy
    • SIMLock Status: Locked

    Back when I had Sprint (don't have it anymore) I believe I did use this phone and because it was locked to Sprint but I also had Sprint so it worked.

    Although, someone can use the phone just fine without any cellular function... I can reset it and set it up just fine and use it fine without a sim card (iPod-ish?).

    My question is this: What can I do with this phone? I would like to be able to sell it, but should I list it as Sprint only? Or is there a way to unlock it for any carrier? Should I just sell it as an "iPod"?

    submitted by /u/devinak
    [link] [comments]

    Two-factor authentication error. Nobody at Apple Support as been able to resolve this, been weeks. Need to enable to renew dev license so business can access app on App Store.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 12:46 PM PST

    Advice on what’s happing with my iPhone 11 camera? iPhone 11 photo on the left, iPhone 6 photo on the right. Right photo is accurate to real life.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 08:54 AM PST

    2018 Mac Mini + eGPU: Black boot screen

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 02:50 PM PST

    I have a problem where I cannot boot with displays only attached to an eGPU. The Mac Mini's power light is on, but only black screens.

    I have to disconnect the eGPU, connect a display only to the Mac Mini directly, then once booted I can connect the displays directly to the eGPU and it works fine.

    I found one suggestion where it could be an issue with FileVault turned on, but I already have it off.

    Any help appreciated.

    Specifications:

    • 2018 Mac Mini
    • MacOS Catalina 10.15.2
    • Akitio Node Pro
    • Sapphire RX 580
    submitted by /u/guiltydoggy
    [link] [comments]

    My my USB-C to lightning cable fake?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 10:54 AM PST

    Trying to make the switch

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 06:06 PM PST

    Long story short, sister got me a iPhone that's disabled and already linked to her old iCloud she doesn't remember or use. Anyway for me to unlock the phone without FindMyIphone or having a PC?

    submitted by /u/DGIXIV
    [link] [comments]

    Column View missing from Activity Monitor

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 05:42 PM PST

    I managed to inadvertently change something in my Activity monitor and now do not see the columns of data for any of the tabs. I'm sure this is something simple, but I've tried changing every "view" to no avail. Any tips on how to get things back to normal are appreciated.

    https://preview.redd.it/s628202yqn941.png?width=1480&format=png&auto=webp&s=c8ff20948f3118de5f0f3caf4a99c9aa63ea9da6

    submitted by /u/ddcrane
    [link] [comments]

    Would upgrading ram help with watching videos?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 05:39 PM PST

    Would my computer benefit from more ram? I have a 2011 MBP with 2.7ghz i7 and 8gb ram. I use the Brave browser and notice the fans kicking in heavily and some lag while trying to watch higher quality youtube videos. I'm sure this is probably more of a processor/gpu issue, but would bumping my computer up to 16gb ram help? I'm on Sierra. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/WeeniePops
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard takes a long time to be detected through hub

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 05:13 PM PST

    I have a 2018 Mac Mini, 2 USB A, 4 USB C ports.

    I need to connect to its USB A ports: - mouse (Logitech wireless, has its own USB A receptor, not Bluetooth) - an Apple keyboard (wired, has a USB A port where I connect the mouse thing) - USB hub (Anker 7 port) - an audio interface (USB 2.0)

    In the hub's manual Anker says some USB 2.0 audio devices may not work properly if plugged into the hub, so the logical decision was to plug the hub and the audio interface into the Mac's ports and the keyboard (with the mouse receptor attached to it) to the hub.

    The problem is that when I start the Mac the port where the keyboard is plugged in keeps flashing its LED for a long while and the keyboard and mouse simply do not respond. Most of the time then the light goes steady on and it starts working normally, but sometimes the Mac ends up shutting itself down because I weren't able to log in.

    Any ideas? Is this expected behavior? Now I'm testing the audio interface into the hub and the keyboard (with mouse thingie attached) into the Mac's port, but I'd rather have the interface working as perfectly as possible.

    submitted by /u/fredmbarros
    [link] [comments]

    How do I airdrop from an iMac to a iPhone XR?its a Mac OS X El Capitan in version 10.11.6 and my xr is using iOS 13.something.(I think 2 or 3?)

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 04:43 PM PST

    13" or 16" Macbook Pro for iOS and web development?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 10:37 AM PST

    I'm looking to upgrade my aging dual core 2015 13" base MBP. I'm torn between a 13" 2019 model (maxed CPU, 16 GB RAM, and 512 GB SSD) for $2199 vs a 16" base model for $2499 (512 GB, 16 GB RAM, base processor and GPU).

    I mostly do web dev and iOS development, where the latter tends to be bottlenecked more when testing apps in the simulator. I also do some video work on the side, not 4K but I think the dGPU would still help with my workflow and if I end up doing 4K someday.

    Portability is important and I hear that the 16" is quite heavy and seeing in a store it's much larger than the 13" I have. The 13" on the other hand is more portable but has a worse keyboard and no dGPU, so in a way is less future proofed. I do have an ultrawide at home that I plug into that has a USB C port that I could hook up to when at home so the smaller screen issue can be resolved that way.

    Some other small things I like about the 16" is the dedicated escape key (which I use a lot in development), and the arrow keys being the inverse T like my 2015 model which I like a lot.

    submitted by /u/itsjustfil
    [link] [comments]

    I’m running a MacBook Air 1.6ghz and when I opened my laptop the whole screen appeared like this for about 5seconds in which my heart was steadily plummeting thinking it was toast but then it popped back on just like normal.Should I have reason for concern or just go about my merry way?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 05:03 AM PST

    what’s a good vpn ios app?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 12:18 PM PST

    newly found out about vpn (i know), was wondering what the best app you've found is. currently using cyberghost and it's very slow.

    looking for recommendations, thank you! 🙂

    submitted by /u/FatalityPhase_
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8 battery health at 97% is “significantly degraded?”

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 03:52 PM PST

    Just bought a used iPhone 8 and am confused as to why battery health tells me the battery is significantly degraded at 97%. Any insight into this? Ty

    submitted by /u/PolentaDogsOut
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XR: call sound is suddenly very low

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 03:50 PM PST

    Hi,

    I have iPhone XR which worked perfectly fine until recently. A week ago I got AirPods Pro, which I paired with my phone. After I finished listenting to music through AirPods (which I enjoyed - noise cancelling works great), I just took them off and put into the charging case. I didn't turn bluetooth off, I didn't disconnect AirPods.

    After that every call I get on my phone is very quiet, I can barely hear anything. They can hear me just fine. I can also hear them perfectly fine if I use AirPods and speaker, but not with receiver.

    I am not entirely sure if AirPods related to that issue, might be just a coincidence though timing is very suspicious.

    I tried maxing volume on the phone, tried maxing it during the call, tried setting Volume Limit to max, tried restarting my phone, tried disabling noise cancelling on my AirPods, but in vain, nothing helped.

    Is it just a faulty receiver or a bug or something else?

    Does anyone have any ideas of what it might be?

    Cheers

    EDIT: originally mentioned speaker, but actually meant receiver

    submitted by /u/kovrik
    [link] [comments]

    Bought an 18 Watt usb-c Apple charger from eBay. Are there any red flags, that it is fake?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 03:39 PM PST

    Super weird emails, authentically from Apple

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 03:38 PM PST

    Hi all,

    Hoping to seek some answers here because this is totally bizarre and I can't communicate with Apple. First, I have 2-factor authentication, but I received no text and no alert of any kind on any of my multiple Apple devices to inform me that the following happened:

    I received an email yesterday, from a real Apple address (confirmed that it was real, because I've received plenty of real emails from Apple through that address before. The links in the email led to the real Apple site, not a lookalike with a strange url). It said, "Welcome to iCloud", which of course is strange because I already have an iCloud account. This email was followed by one titled "Your Apple ID was used to sign in to iCloud on an iPhone 6s" (I do not now, nor have I ever, owned an iPhone 6s). The time zone in the email was not my own. The next email then said "You recently selected (my Gmail address) as your new Apple ID. To verify this email address belongs to you, enter the code below on the email verification page: (code)". I didn't make this change. I had previously been primarily using my iCloud address, and something or someone has just switched it to my Gmail one.

    The next email after that, said that my password has been reset. Needless to say, by this point, I was freaking out. I had been at work, and discovered all of these emails about 4 hours too late. Still, I logged into my Apple ID account (not through the email, but by going straight to the Apple site - and I compared the URLs to the ones in the emails, and they were a perfect match, so this wasn't even a phishing attempt) and changed my password.

    Now, here's the weird(er) part.

    I had no problems logging into my account, with my original password. Hadn't it been changed? I checked all my info - nothing had been touched, except for the addition of the mysterious iPhone 6s, which I removed. Even weirder - that "iPhone 6s" had my actual phone number listed as its own! WTF? Checked my card accounts - no unauthorized purchases. Checked my bank and all is well. And here's another weird detail:

    That first email, the one that informed me that "I" had set a different email address for my Apple ID, spelled my address with a missing dot. In other words, my email is, let's say, _fake.email@gmail.com_ , but this email spelled out _fakeemail@gmail.com_ (no dot in the middle). Huh?

    Now, how did that other person receive the code necessary to verify that address, change my password, and everything else, unless they also have access to my email (or the same phone number?)? After all, I received the email with the confirmation code. I have 2 Factor security on my Gmail as well - I know it works, because it annoys me every time I log into a new device. I checked all activity and there is no indication that my Gmail was hacked or logged into through a new device, NOTHING at all - I changed my password just to be sure.

    In summary, WHAT happened?? Two people can't have the same Gmail address....can they? Thanks for any insight, this has me completely startled.

    submitted by /u/foxes_r_sly
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my monitor look like it’s 3D? CONNECTED MACBOOK PRO 2018 to DELL MONITOR AND IT ISNT SHARP. Using VGA CONNECTIONS. My dell monitor is S2319NX 23". PLEASE HELP

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 02:49 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel