• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 19, 2020

    Apple iOS iOS Support Thread - [January 19]

    Apple iOS iOS Support Thread - [January 19]


    iOS Support Thread - [January 19]

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 04:11 PM PST

    Welcome to the monthly iOS support thread for /r/iOS.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    Here is an archive of all previous "iOS Support Thread" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"iOS Support Thread"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else feel like text message search feature is terrible? Why can’t I search each contact for specific words?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 09:10 PM PST

    Why does iPad report error when making phone calls via iPad?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 01:34 AM PST

    An extremely annoying Japanese input bug just since iOS 13

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 03:43 AM PST

    This is a demonstration of an extremely annoying Japanese input bug that just surfaced since iOS 13.

    It doesn't matter what app you're using, if you are dictating in Japanese, and you have the Japanese keyboard set, it starts receiving your Japanese characters and then switches to nonsense English words.

    It doesn't happen all the time. But it happens multiple times a day.

    You just have to keep on trying over and over again until it realizes that you're inputting Japanese.

    It doesn't matter if your primary iOS language is English or Japanese.

    I reported this to Apple feedback when version 13.1, 13.2, and 13.3 came out. No response.

    It never happened even once in previous versions prior to iOS 13.

    And it doesn't happen just to me. In my Sunday volunteer teaching class, I have seen the problem and other people have seen the problem on multiple iPhones and iPads.

    In this screen recording I am speaking ほうこくですまる (houkoku desu maru) which should convert to 報告です。

    You can see the Japanese initially getting input, and then the nonsense English words it turns into with each attempt.

    If I try over and over and over again it will eventually work.

    It's extremely annoying, and I wish Apple would take the problem seriously and fix it.

    If you are experiencing the problem, I urge you report it to Apple feedback. The more people who report it, maybe the better chances there are that somebody will actually fix it.

    https://youtu.be/NNTffaaAit0

    

    submitted by /u/douglerner
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve never seen this notification before. Is this new or am I just oblivious? iPhone XS Max - iOS 13.3. I’ve had optimized charging turned on since iOS 13’s release.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 12:09 AM PST

    Is Optimized Battery Charging working for everyone?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 09:10 PM PST

    I am on the latest version of iOS 13.3 and I have been wireless charging my iPhone XR since I got it over a year ago and I haven't got the optimized battery charging to work for me. I usually get up 6:00 or 6:30 Monday - Thursday and 6:30 Friday + Sunday and Saturday it could be anytime. Any suggestions to get it to work? Or is my schedule to random for it to work?

    submitted by /u/nathanlorenz02
    [link] [comments]

    Meural-like app?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 05:24 AM PST

    Is there some sort of Meural-type app that displays art on an iPad? I have an iPad Pro that usually sits on my desk displaying various details, but it would be nice to have it show art (not necessarily family pics, just art in general). Is there a way to do this?

    submitted by /u/Clanginandbangin
    [link] [comments]

    App Switcher and games

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 05:11 AM PST

    Hi guys,

    everytime i play a game and finish playing i close the game from multitasking, i wanted to ask if its healthy for my iphone (or safe) to close the game from app swither everytime i finish playing (like i did to this day) or just close the game and leave it in the multitasking.

    submitted by /u/Cormickz
    [link] [comments]

    How do I backup a locked ipod touch 5th gen running iOS 8.12

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 11:06 PM PST

    Hi all, I have an old ipod laying around and I have some pretty important pictures on there. I have tried to back it up on a mac which I had connected to before but the back up buttons were all greyed out. I don't have any existing backups and it is not connected to the internet. I do have voice assistant if that helps...

    submitted by /u/purp1ey
    [link] [comments]

    How do "read reciepts" work???

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 09:59 PM PST

    I sent two texts to a coworker this morning who has "read reciepts" turned on. He read them, so I saw a "Read 11:25" message. Then a few hours later, I needed to send him a correction, and I noticed that the last of the two earlier messages I sent him was now marked as "Delivered" while the first of the two was still marked "Read 11:25".

    How/why is this happening?

    submitted by /u/NickerCC
    [link] [comments]

    TIP: Dark mode users - Use firefox mobile to get dark mode on ALL pages, even pages that dont support dark mode!

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 09:52 AM PST

    Typing “I’m at” in iMessage

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 07:27 PM PST

    No longer works for me, or was it removed in iOS 13? Used to use it a lot, tried today and nothing. Also tried "my address is" and it no longer works.

    Searched this /r and couldn't find anything one way or another.

    submitted by /u/VikingPHD
    [link] [comments]

    Calendar notifications

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 03:48 AM PST

    I have an iPhone XR and iPad 7 th gen. Is there a way of only having certain notifications appear on the iPad and not all notifications? I share my iPad with my wife and it is not really necessary to have my business notifications appear on the iPad.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/jonole
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to view a history of shortcuts that have been run?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 07:51 PM PST

    Just as the title says. Is there any way to view your history of shortcuts that have been run?

    submitted by /u/Kenwood56746
    [link] [comments]

    Does Siri learn what you say using text-to-speech?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 11:03 PM PST

    I have pretty much always used text-to-speech for texting or searching something on Safari. This has all been in English. I am also a native Spanish speaker, and I am learning French, so, I have been using text-to-speech in those languages as well lately (I do actually switch the language when I want to speak to my phone in Spanish for example).

    I noticed Siri getting confused more and more lately. Even if I have the language sent to whatever I am speaking, it sometimes doesn't know if it is Spanish or English, for example. I feel like it is happening more often lately.

    I was just wondering if Siri natively learns what you say and how you say things, and if adding different languages to that mix could cause this kind of confusion.

    submitted by /u/feefifo_fiddle
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 slow

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 09:42 PM PST

    I just downloaded the iOS 13.3 update on my iPhone 7 and I've noticed that it has been running significantly slower afterwards. Anyone else having the same problem?

    submitted by /u/BingoDaBongo
    [link] [comments]

    AAC and ALAC

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 07:41 PM PST

    So is there any way you can purchase ALAC From the itunes store? Or are they native ALAC or AAC..?

    submitted by /u/stickerhappy77
    [link] [comments]

    text msgs shourtcut

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 01:27 PM PST

    u can edit ur text messages, by opening chosen conversation, put two fingers on the screen and simultaneously pull left finger to the left side, and right to the right. https://i.imgur.com/hUWU7LU.jpg

    submitted by /u/P1zdak
    [link] [comments]

    Other tools for editing slow-motion video

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 07:04 PM PST

    Slow Motion is my favorite camera feature they've made, but I find the native editing tools for slow motion to be extremely disappointing. 90% of the time when I want to move the playhead, it moves the start/end parts instead of the playhead. Changing the moment the slow motion starts is excruciating if you are trying to be precise, even the built in granular editing doesn't work correctly, half the time when I release my finger, it moves the start/end of the slow-mo boundary slightly left/right, a very frustrating experience. Please tell me there is a way I can avoid having to rely on this half-baked software.

    submitted by /u/events_occur
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to find an app's localstorage/what exactly they store in memory?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 06:51 PM PST

    Might be a stupid question but just out of interest

    submitted by /u/rmorrissey2002
    [link] [comments]

    Any idea why the charging is suddenly stopping and continuing on its own in the red circles? It’s wirelessly charging. It hasn’t moved at all in the pad. I’m new to this technology, and also the phone is hotter when I grab it from the pad. Not absurdly but it’s noticeable

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 05:54 PM PST

    If you go into your "passwords" and try to screenshot them, the login name stays but the password automatically disappears on the screenshot, no matter what you do - how the hell

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 04:27 PM PST

    Why do my friend’s text messages appear out of order?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 04:25 PM PST

    My friend, who uses an Android phone was texting me, and this was the result:

    3/3 od and the people are different than here, should be fun!

    1/3 Yeah, I know. Find some guys and go to play soccer! I know the weather sucks but there should be some indoor facility. But well, it might be difficult wi

    2/3 th all the classes to go on a weekday. Good luck with the internship! where? san Fransisco? I've been to LA, San diego and pasadena, great places! the fo

    Yes, the numbers appear as well. I'm not too sure why this is... Could someone help me fix this?

    submitted by /u/exc99
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel