• Breaking News

    Friday, January 10, 2020

    Apple Watch Walkie talkie

    Apple Watch Walkie talkie


    Walkie talkie

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 09:09 PM PST

    They need to add a walkie talkie complication that is a shortcut to one person. Alot of us have a significant others who it would be nice to be able to instantly connect to at the press of a single button.

    submitted by /u/Xfifteen
    [link] [comments]

    Do you really need a screen protector?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 11:06 AM PST

    So I got my series 5 44mm aluminium Apple Watch for Christmas. I've purchased apple care and I put a screen protector on it (a small plastic film one) but I've noticed that it just gives the screen a really weird ripple effect to it, makes the screen less clear and gets really smudged and looks ugly. I was thinking that with me having apple care, I'd just enjoy it for how it should be used then after 2 years if I still have the watch, replace it under Apple care. Can you get it replaced for scratches? And what are your thoughts on no screen protector?

    submitted by /u/dayley28
    [link] [comments]

    Having issues pairing

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 10:07 PM PST

    I have an Apple Watch S3 and an IPhone X running ios13. They got unpaired a while back when I stopped wearing it daily, but I recently decided it was time to start using it again. I had to factory reset the watch to make it pair. Then I had to update it. After the update I cannot get it to pair with the phone. Here are screenshots of what the app looks like:

    https://i.imgur.com/7h4lcZy.jpg

    and

    https://i.imgur.com/DDzOt6Q.png

    Basically, it won't pull up the camera at all. It also won't find the watch when I try to pair manually. My camera is functional on my phone so idk what the problem is and I haven't been able to figure it out via google either. Any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/mgnlr
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have experience purchasing bands from AliExpress or eBay?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 06:33 PM PST

    Hello! I'm looking at purchasing a few Nike sport bands from AliExpress or eBay since the colors I'm looking for aren't options from Apple themselves... just want to know if there's anything I should be concerned for and about how much it's cost in the past for you.

    Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/njw29
    [link] [comments]

    I’m trying to pair my Polar OH1 sensor to my AWS5 to avoid use my mobile when I’m training, is this possible???

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 09:12 PM PST

    [Support] Phone won’t let me sign into imessage/calendar to use on watch

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 07:36 PM PST

    At the Apple ID portion of the setup i click sign in with apple id, and then click continue on the prompt that shows. "Signing into iMessage" shows for a split second then returns to the apple ID page

    watchos 6.1.1 iOS 13.3

    submitted by /u/vegetariouscarnivore
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Straps

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 07:41 AM PST

    I know that we can order straps from eBay, Amazon etc. But can you recommend me any good reliable companies so I can avoid tacky ones. Thanks

    submitted by /u/OfficialGingerr
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch not recording a route map anymore

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 07:29 AM PST

    Hello follow AW users!

    I recently had to reset my iPhone in order to fix some connectivity issues with my AirPods (not "content and settings", just the settings like device-name, wifi and network settings and so on...). This iPhone-reset also affected the AW as the watch showed the installation circle for a minute.

    From this point on, my AW stopped recording the route map for a training. I checked all the settings in location services, data privacy etc. but the problem persists.

    Interesting: If I record a training session with a 3rd party app like WorkOutDoors, everything works just fine.

    Specs: iPhone X / AW 5 LTE current system software, no beta installed.

    What am I missing here?

    I am thankful for every hint.

    D.

    submitted by /u/Digitalissimus
    [link] [comments]

    Getting notifications on Apple Watch and iPhone

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 07:27 AM PST

    I've recently purchased an Apple Watch S3 and only seem to get notification alerts on my watch. I was wondering if anyone knew how to simultaneously receive notifications on my iPhone 8 as well

    submitted by /u/leduke26
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Music vs Spotify for a Watch user

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 03:58 PM PST

    Hi there!

    I'm an Apple Music subscriber, but I'm thinking about moving to Spotify. I have Apple Watch LTE and I'm wondering if I would lost any functionalities when ditching Apple Music?

    submitted by /u/szonk
    [link] [comments]

    The standard wireless earbuds for use with Apple Watch?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 03:10 PM PST

    AirPods - are they the "be-all end-all" for Apple Watch pairing? Do other earbuds have Siri capabilities? I was hoping for a waterproof feature for use in the shower and tub, and the water resistant feature with the AirPods Pro seem to be not worth the price.

    I have a gift card at sportchek but they have limited selection and I don't quite know how those models would work with the AW: specifically Powerbeats Pro and Jaybird Vista.

    Does anyone have any insights or comments? TIA!

    Also a PSA: RBC rewards has a special with 2x points rewards for shopping Apple until January 20 or 26. The offer needs to be loaded and I found it through the RBC mobile app. Just thought I'd share since I was considering using it too..

    Edit: some great feedback from a couple folks. Thanks and have an awesome 2020!

    submitted by /u/smoresgalore15
    [link] [comments]

    Just taking a GPS S5 running with me?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 06:43 AM PST

    Can music be downloaded on to my GPS S5 so that I can just take that running with me? I haven't downloaded actual music files in a long time, can anyone recommend a way to do this? Am I stuck with Apple Music?

    submitted by /u/Dharmaclown802
    [link] [comments]

    2 Cellular Series 4 Watches on the same Phone

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 10:41 PM PST

    I've tried searching the sub and couldn't find an answer and apple couldn't really help me. I was thinking there would surely be someone here that could help me. Anyway... I've got a series 4 cellular which is connected via my carrier. I'm wondering if I get another series 4, will cellular work just like when you swap watches how all your other data syncs to the current watch you're wearing. Thanks for your help!

    submitted by /u/LukeN21
    [link] [comments]

    When I ask Siri to play music it plays on phone

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 05:54 AM PST

    Is it possible to change the default play destination when I'm connected to Bluetooth speakers?

    submitted by /u/maxman571
    [link] [comments]

    Set up for Apple Watch + Garmin + Strava

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 05:43 AM PST

    I currently use a Garmin 920xt. I fancy getting an Apple Watch and envision ideally I would use it for shorter runs then pop my Garmin on for longer runs/ultras and races - in which case I'm happy to wear 2 watches.

    Currently I send my gamin stuff to strava so thats my log of running/ hikes/ swimming and cycling

    I like also having the step count and "running+walking distance" in apple health. The activities to a lesser degree too

    Is there a set up to get this to still work if I'm sometimes logging runs with Garmin or AW.

    Current set up is all data in apple health is prioritised with the Garmin at the top. I imagine steps is easy if I'm banking on ALWAYS wearing the AW. But the activity stuff and run+walking distance ? I guess both can contribute to the activities but if they're prioritised and I record one activity on each in one day would that mess it up? . Similarly run+walking distance would surely prioritise one or the other and if AW has my steps and Garmin the run do they add together or would I just have to use the steps data for this?

    I did see when searching about using Strava as a go between - send AW and Garmin to there and sync that to health but was unclear. Sorry for the long post.

    submitted by /u/Jennorocks
    [link] [comments]

    i need help which one looks better on my wrist 40 or 44 this is my First watch ever in my life

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 06:29 PM PST

    i need help which one looks better on my wrist 40 or 44 this is my First watch ever in my life i think the 40 looks fine i am so confused i dont wanna regret it

    44 :

    http://prntscr.com/qllljk

    40 :

    http://prntscr.com/qlllp8

    submitted by /u/Hectrekt
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone successful accessed a URL from their Apple Watch?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 12:35 PM PST

    I'm curious if i could look at my home security cams on my watch in any way, shape or form.

    submitted by /u/Swankenstein89
    [link] [comments]

    Total mileage for a year

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 12:25 PM PST

    Is there any way to see the actual mileage for a year (running and or walking) from the AW. The week/month/year only show average

    submitted by /u/tfcjuveyyz
    [link] [comments]

    settings app freezes every time until I open it 3 times

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 02:44 AM PST

    the title says it all, my apple watch 3 freezes every time I open settings. anyone else?

    submitted by /u/gearx5
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for charging station like the Nomad Base Station but with an aux USB port to charge an iPad as well.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 11:18 AM PST

    In an effort to keep wire-clutter down, I'm looking for a charging station like the Nomad Base Station or Satechi Trio but with at least one extra USB port on the back for charging other devices.

    As far as alternatives go, I'm not against the iPhone standing vertically but all the "combo" models I see with extra USB ports tend to also have a dedicated AirPod charger and/or goofy looking tower-arm to charge the watch and I'd like a more minimalist look.

    So ideally looking for something that can charge the Watch (nightstand mode is a plus), charge an iPhone, have an extra USB port, and not be plastic and ugly (subjective)...

    submitted by /u/kidno
    [link] [comments]

    Smart Alarm that works ON the watch?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 02:18 AM PST

    Is there a smart alarm app that plays a sound on the watch (not just vibration) and the phone doesn't have to be on the nightstand?

    Pillow unfortunately requires the phone on the night stand and will play the sound through the phone only

    Tia

    submitted by /u/Irishtara
    [link] [comments]

    When purchasing an AW at the Apple Store, can I choose Nike+ as my free band or are they excluded?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 09:59 AM PST

    "You may also be sharing activity from another device signed in to your iCloud account"

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 01:10 PM PST

    So this is showing under the me section of the activity sharing tab. My friends are unable to see my activity and it only shows up at "0". I've done pretty much every troubleshooting step there is and its currently escalated to the engineering department with Apple. I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue? I could only find one other post about this and they never posted if the issue ended up getting resolved or not.

    I even created an entirely different iCloud account and it still pops up, and my activity doesn't get shared with my friends.

    submitted by /u/Kohkan3
    [link] [comments]

    External HRM

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 01:04 AM PST

    If I pair an external heart rate monitor, such as a Polar, to the Watch, will it by default use it for HR measurements and disable the on board HRM?

    Will it integrate the data seamlessly as if it had come from the on board HRM?

    Can it take more frequent readings, even when working out?

    Will this save battery on the watch?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/CHubbs1982
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel