• Breaking News

    Friday, January 10, 2020

    Apple iOS If you perform the QuickType intro animation, you will type the word “Hello”

    Apple iOS If you perform the QuickType intro animation, you will type the word “Hello”


    If you perform the QuickType intro animation, you will type the word “Hello”

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 08:23 AM PST

    They should rename this area as “Recently Used,” since that’s what it really is.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 09:33 AM PST

    I'm a recruitment manager for a tech start-up in Toronto, we are looking to hire additional iOS developers and have been asking if people know the difference between a codec and a container. Is this a good screening question?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 06:46 AM PST

    we are a tech start-up and use a lot of audio and visual components in our application. Our CTO often asks "what the difference between a codec and container" to assess if they are going to be the best fit for us. The problem is that not even the REALLY good developers we interview have this knowledge.
    What other good screening questions can we ask to qualify and find "the best" developers?
    Also- what are the most common "technical tests" people are asked to do? We get them to 'build an iOS app that does x, y, z".
    Can anyone recommend a great screening/ testing platform them have had success with ?

    submitted by /u/TeegeeackXenu
    [link] [comments]

    Password hiding in screenshots

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 03:50 AM PST

    Camera software update for iphones older than the 11 lineup

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 07:00 AM PST

    The camera app in iphone 11 has kinda better options and more settings than its predecessors so I think that they need to update the older devices and add more features for the ones who are comfortable with their old iphone devices or don't have the money to upgrade for the latest one.

    submitted by /u/Luc1ferTn
    [link] [comments]

    Mail app, sometimes can't save all photos at once

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 05:48 AM PST

    i frequently email myself photos from my computer. when i press & hold to save them, it doesn't always come up with the "save all" option. sometimes i have to press and hold again and again on the same photo and eventually the option does show up. i haven't been able to figure out why this happens. any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/crabnox
    [link] [comments]

    Hello guys. I have an iPhone 11 pro Max running the latest update. This what I see when I open my front camera... I already factory resetted my iPhone it's not solved. The phone is brand new... Any ideas what it is? Soft-hardware issue?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 09:29 AM PST

    iOS 12.4.1 - is it finally done? clock and other issues

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 09:20 AM PST

    XS Max 256gb running iOS 12.4.1. Storage used is around 220gb.

    this last week the phone has seen 2 weird problems.

    My clock is consistently slow. I use the "automatic clock", and i toggle this option in settings to try and fix the issue. the problem is only corrected after a full power cycle. It is roughly 1.5 minutes slower per hour, meaning if I power cycle before bed, I wake up and the clock is about 20 minutes behind. Obviously this is an annoying issue, as I can't afford to turn my phone off all the time with my job.

    Second, any video I watch that lasts more than a minute, the video and audio become out of sync. It gets worse the longer the video is.

    So it seems the phone is processing something slower than it is supposed to. Tasks still operate at normal speeds so its not a "speed" issue (to make sure im within the rules of this sub)

    I used to run a 3rd party repair store, and I preached iOS updates like a religion there, so I know I'm a hypocrit for being on an old iOS, but I worried about all the bugs in the iOS13 and its updates and felt that 12.4.1 was SOLID until this last week.

    I havent added a big amount of stored data on the phone, its been around 220gb for a few months now. But I do wonder if the lack of available drive space is causing these weird gremlins.

    I bought 2TB of iCloud storage to Optimize my photo library to recover some phone storage, but after 11 hours on the charger, with no other apps open but the photos and storage, it only uploaded 1%. I can't wait that long.

    So, my next option will be updating the iOS to 13.3, which sounds like a nightmare.

    Can anyone offer insight ? I considered trading it in at Apple, but they lowered their trade-in rate for my phone by $100 overnight, so I dont think I'll be doing that (probably my last Apple device TBH)

    submitted by /u/GroupBQuattro
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud - Manage storage - files / backups are invisible

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 07:45 AM PST

    Is this a known problem? Some app backups (WhatsApp, Health App) are invisible, but still in the iCloud. The Apple Support is not a great help here.

    Do you have a solution?

    submitted by /u/xXCyberRoninXx
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an app

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 07:32 AM PST

    Hello. Not sure if this is the proper sub to post this request but back in the day, there was this really awesome game: Supermagical. Used to play it daily on my 1st gen iPad. Now using an iPhone 8 Plus and can't find that app on the store.

    Is there a way to look for the app and install it on the iPhone? If yes, where and how? Thanks a lot in advance.

    submitted by /u/keshav108
    [link] [comments]

    Is this happening to anyone else? I typed my pass in and it just said verification failed and there was something wrong with the server.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 09:45 PM PST

    Remote iPhone exploitation part 2: a remote ASLR bypass

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 05:40 PM PST

    Siri using battery in the middle of the night

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 08:20 PM PST

    Why the hell cant I “select all” text consistently?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 09:09 AM PST

    I swear there was an update that made a change to this because the way I used to be able to just push down on a group of words and choose what to select feels different.

    submitted by /u/PremiumDope
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 11 pro Battery Drain

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 01:31 AM PST

    How long till your playlists are deleted after not having a membership?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 12:57 AM PST

    If I go a month without having Apple Music without loosing my playlists and added songs? Many thanks!

    submitted by /u/iWilliamH
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 13.1: Huge improvements to braille display support and general accessibility

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 12:02 PM PST

    As a legally deafblind (web) developer, I struggled with iOS' treatment of common web accessibility greatly over the years. For example, anchor links often times did not work. I posted about this on StackOverflow, I read about "fixes" for this issue on the internet - which didn't work, either...

    In short, it screwed my navigation.

    No more! With iOS 13.1, iOS finally responds to anchor links correctly, moving VoiceOver focus where it belongs.

    In addition, hugely improved their braille display support:

    • On HTML tables, there are now numbers appended to the cell content which indicate the row and column you are in (first row, then column).
    • The label text for form controls now shows properly again, even if the label only gets associated with the form control using the for attribute. Since iOS 12, form controls appeared to be unlabelled when viewing them with a braille display if the label didn't get associated using both for and aria-labelledby attributes.
    • Generally, focus of braille displays gets handled more consistently.
    • Emojis are now accessible to braille display users. They used to appear as <can't-process-this-char>, now they show as :face with tears of joy: etc. - both on the keyboard and in outputs. Welcome to the emoji-spammers group, fellow braille display users!
    • The search field (space key plus f) now shows up as a proper search field. Finally I don't have to blindly guess what I typed in the search field anymore!
    • There's now an accessible scrollbar at the bottom of long content pages, such as WhatsApp chat logs. Let's get it scrolling!
    • Talking about scrolling, there's a search implementation in iMessages now. Finally I can look up what dumb things I said three years ago (this is not really accessibility related, but awesome nonetheless).

    Potential problems I noticed so far:

    • If you press braille keys 4 plus 5 plus 6 in an empty text field, a weird character gets inserted. Trying to delete that character leads to massive lag.
    • When trying to share things, like links, braille display focus is sometimes stuck in the status bar. Other times,the share items do not respond to clicks.
    • iOS 13.1 and the iPhone SE are not a good match. Either it's because of the improved focus handling taking more time, or my faithful SE companion is starting to struggle with the new OS version. At times, navigation behaviour can be a bit laggy.

    What still doesn't work:

    • aria-label gets ignored on lists and tables.

    I conclude that Apple improved accessibility for the blind and especially the deafblind massively with iOS 13.1. Thank you! Generally, I'd totally recommend installing iOS 13.1 because the improved accessibility is huge. If you have an older iPhone and can't put up with mild lag, I would recommend testing a newer device, though.

    submitted by /u/MATSE_Tim
    [link] [comments]

    Managing dual sim / phone numbers in iCloud

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 08:07 PM PST

    Hi all, I've recently set myself up with dual sims on my iPhone and I'm wondering if anyone knows the best way to manage multiple numbers across all of their devices?

    I've got a personal and work number which I want to use with iMessage and FaceTime across my iPhone and iPad (personally owned devices) and on my MacBook (work device).

    FaceTime is nice and easy, but on iMessage is there any way to restrict iCloud sync on my MacBook to only download conversations on my work line? I've got my account on my MacBook set to only receive messages at my work number but don't want to accidentally sync all my personal conversations onto my laptop.

    Similar applies for contacts - is it possible to sync contacts for one line only onto my MacBook?

    submitted by /u/StrategicCowbell
    [link] [comments]

    Slow Wifi connection on iOS 13

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 10:53 PM PST

    The title explains it.

    My device is iPhone 7 Plus.

    Anyone else experiencing this issue?

    submitted by /u/sludge1121997
    [link] [comments]

    Message Forwarding option not available

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 07:06 PM PST

    To be clear I've had an iPhone for a long time but recently I got my dad's old MacBook and learned that you could have your messages from your iPhone on the MacBook. There is a message forwarding option that is supposed to be in the iOS settings under the Messages tab but it isn't there for me. Has anyone had this issue and if so were/what was the fix?

    submitted by /u/Juice_2_0
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t download anything from the App Store.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 09:00 PM PST

    I press "get" and it just circles and won't download.

    submitted by /u/lukemt96
    [link] [comments]

    How do you name a group text?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 08:44 PM PST

    PS2 Emulator for iOS 13.3 no jailbreak

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 05:17 AM PST

    Is there a PS2 emulator for iOS 13.3 that I can use to download/install PS2 games and play them? I don't want to jailbreak.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/LeFaire87
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know the name of this app? It isn’t the tidal app.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 08:27 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel