• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 9, 2020

    Apple Watch Can we talk for a minute about the "Outdoor Walk" workout type on the Apple Watch?

    Apple Watch Can we talk for a minute about the "Outdoor Walk" workout type on the Apple Watch?


    Can we talk for a minute about the "Outdoor Walk" workout type on the Apple Watch?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 09:17 PM PST

    From the "Series 0" nearly 5 years ago through to my current "Series 4" running WatchOS 6.1.1, at no time has the "Outdoor Walk" workout been useful. Check out this screenshot. After a mostly-sedentary workday, I wanted to close my Exercise Ring - I'm at 1,051 days straight of filling all 3 Rings and don't want to break my streak. I needed 30 minutes of Exercise to fill my ring, so I started an open-ended "Outdoor Walk" workout on my S4 Apple Watch.

    I walked around my neighborhood at a pretty brisk pace, stopping only a couple times at crosswalks (never for more than ~30 seconds). And yet, after nearly 44 minutes, my Watch had only logged 25 minutes of "exercise." Given that I'd already completed my usual neighborhood route and was standing in front of my home again, I sighed loudly, ended my "Outdoor Walk" and began an "Other" workout, just so I could finish filling in my ring.

    So here's the fundamental question: if walking at what felt like an aggressively-brisk pace for nearly 45 minutes wasn't enough to register even 25 minutes of Exercise, what is the purpose of this damn workout type anyway?! If I (a reasonably fit / reasonably active adult) am not physically capable of walking at a fast enough pace for this thing to register, how the hell would someone in poorer health or an elderly person with limited mobility ever register even 1 minute of "Outdoor Walking?"

    I'd honestly be happy to learn that I'm just misunderstanding something here, because if I'm not, we're 6 WatchOS releases and counting and still suffering with broken workout types.

    TL;DR: The implementation of the "Outdoor Walk" workout on the Apple Watch seems borderline-useless, barely registering 50% of the actual minutes spent walking as 'exercise'

    submitted by /u/wowbobwow
    [link] [comments]

    AW Cellular S3 Nike - "Call Failed" every time I try to make or answer a call

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 08:53 AM PST

    Devices:

    • iPhone XR
    • Apple Watch S3 Nike 42mm Cellular

    This problem only started persisting after the most recent software update for both iPhone and Apple Watch. No matter what, calls will always fail on the Apple Watch - whether being made or received. This doesn't matter if my phone is right beside me or if I'm away from it. Happens every time.

    Seems Walkie Talkie is also affected by this somehow - it won't make or receive connections.

    I can send and receive iMessages, SMS, Facebook Messenger, and all other messages just fine. Only things that are completely bugged out are calls.

    And yes, I've reset everything, unpaired and repaired, and have done all the other recommended tricks that you are usually told to do. This isn't my first rodeo. Nothing has worked.

    Can anyone confirm if this is just a software issue with the latest watchOS or iOS? I'd love to be able to make and receive calls again very soon, as I do it quite often from my Apple Watch.

    submitted by /u/_baseball
    [link] [comments]

    Downloaded Podcasts 'Temporarily Unavailable'

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 08:41 AM PST

    I downloaded some podcasts on my phone, and they synced to my Apple Watch Series 3. However, when I try to listen to them offline, it only works for a few minutes before showing: 'Episode Unavailable: This episode is temporarily unavailable from the XXX show.'

    I want to listen to podcasts from my Apple Watch offline. How do I download them. If it helps, when I access the episodes on my Apple Watch it shows a small empty cloud sign to the right, even though they were downloaded on my 6s.

    When I place my watch on power and look at my phone Apple Watch Podcasts section, it just says 'pending...'

    submitted by /u/LAcuber
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone ever tried surfing with the Nike sport band?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 02:33 AM PST

    I'm gonna go surfing tomorrow and I'm a tad bit worried that the band might fall off as I hit bails. I'm using an AW Series 3.

    submitted by /u/peacemakerzzz
    [link] [comments]

    Update taking 1 day to complete

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 08:24 AM PST

    I reset my watch to connect it to a new iPhone, and the watchOS 5.3.4 update (Series 4) is taking between 22 hours and 1 day to complete. My internet speeds are very fast, and the watch is charging and on 100% battery.

    My question is: is this normal? I can't possibly wait for 24 hours with my phone in range and it charging, it's just not feasible to me that this is normal.

    Any tips would be greatly appreciated

    submitted by /u/dyna67
    [link] [comments]

    Competition stuck on tallying points

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 08:14 AM PST

    Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm seeing the question everywhere but no answer

    submitted by /u/Aiden81403
    [link] [comments]

    Letting your Apple Watch’s battery die

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 09:20 PM PST

    Is it recommended to have your Apple Watch's battery die/drain every few months? I know it's something you should do with your iPhone's battery for longevity—I do it every handful of months or so. Does it really matter? Just wanted to see if that's something y'all recommend for the Apple Watch.

    submitted by /u/stacksofpaper
    [link] [comments]

    HELP strange green snake problem

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 09:01 PM PST

    Hi guys, I've got Series 2 Apple Watch that doesn't seem to be charging properly.

    When I put it on a working charger (out-of-box apple usb charger, tested to work with another apple watch series 3) there's not indication that it's charging at all. The screen is completely black, even when I press the side buttons. Even when I try hard resetting nothing pops up.

    The strange thing is that on rare occasions the Green snake screen appears. Not sure if its the position of the charger or a faulty battery.

    Has this happened to anyone? Any solutions to this problem?

    I've taken it to the Apple store and they told me they gotta replace the entire watch, but since I don't have apple care it'll cost even more than a new one.

    submitted by /u/PeanutShrimp
    [link] [comments]

    44mm S5 vs S4 battery life experiences?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 01:51 PM PST

    Has anyone gone from the 44mm S4 to the S5 - turned-off the always-on watchface and compared battery life? Experiences? TIA!

    submitted by /u/BCnSTL
    [link] [comments]

    S4 44mm keeps dying

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 05:38 AM PST

    For the past few days my Series 4 keeps suddenly losing charge. I go to bed with ~60% health and wake up with it completely dead. I then charged it back to 99% around 7:30am and it is dead again by 1:30pm. I've had this before and doing a fresh rebuild, not from a backup usually fixes the issue but this time it seems persistent. I only run 2 or three 3rd party apps, Nike Run Club, Streaks, and the Starbucks app.

    I took the watch to the Genius Bar yesterday and they confirmed the battery does just suddenly lose all charge but the diagnostics for the watch and battery were both "green". My options were $80 for a new battery or buy a new S4/trade in my existing one for an S5. I don't like those options as the watch is barely a year old.

    Anyone have anything similar happen? Thoughts or suggestions?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/such007
    [link] [comments]

    Health app and activity app don’t match up

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 08:00 PM PST

    Is there a way to get my health step activity to match what my watch says ? The health app is several thousand less. I always assumed that they synced up to match. It's not like I walk around with my phone in my pocket all day, so my watch is more accurate.

    submitted by /u/Drento2
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to stop Siri on the Watch from activating my airpods?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 02:16 PM PST

    All the time I'll have my airpods in listening to a podcast on my phone - I'll raise my wrist and start speaking into the watch to set a timer or turn the lights on/off, and instead of just listening to what I have to say the watch tries to quickly connect my airpods to the watch to listen through them, which stops my podcast/music from playing and inevitably fails to recognize my command because by the time the airpods have connected over to the watch I've finished talking and it doesn't hear any of what I had to say.

    Any way to disable this behavior and just have my watch use the mics ON the watch when I'm using Siri (besides just not having my airpods in)?

    submitted by /u/McBlurry
    [link] [comments]

    no ECG app on apple watch series 5

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 03:26 AM PST

    I can't setup the ECG on my apple watch, also in the iHealth app i cannot see the configuration for it. I live in belgium, maybe it is not supported here??

    submitted by /u/Badden420
    [link] [comments]

    Water Resistance in the long term

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 06:38 PM PST

    Hey guys,

    My apple watch series 5 is about 2 weeks old and I've already used it once in the pool and some other times in the pool shower. I was wondering for how long the water resistance is good on the Apple Watch (since apple says it degrades overtime) and wanted to know how is your experience with the watch after more than a year of usage related to water resistance

    submitted by /u/felipeb18
    [link] [comments]

    I feel super dumb but how does AutoSleep work?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 11:31 PM PST

    I can't figure it out and I'm wondering if I just wasted my money on it?

    Like what do I have to do? How much battery does it drain, all that Jazz

    submitted by /u/ohmisbeleiver
    [link] [comments]

    My watch is not receiving messages (series 4)

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 03:02 AM PST

    Right... So almost two weeks ago I stopped using my watch for a week because I was waiting on a new cover. When I sent a text yesterday it never went through. None of them did. I couldn't receive them, either. Oddly, I have no trouble once I link the watch and phone via bluetooth. I can still receive calls though, and make them.

    I've had a look on Apple's troubleshooting page but nothing seems to work. iMessage had trouble connecting (according to the iphone's settings) so I turned it back on. But that hasn't helped.

    submitted by /u/Reklia77
    [link] [comments]

    Apple watch Series 2 weird battery drain

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 02:31 AM PST

    I got this watch 2nd handed. For the first 1 week the battery has been pretty bad, drops to 20% in 11 hours. I noticed that the usage time & the standby times are identical, meaning the watch is being used continuously for 11 hours. The problem stopped on 1st Jan( coincidence or not?) & its been a 2 days battery until recently the huge drain occurs again. Anyone experienced this?

    submitted by /u/ruiru39
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch series 3

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 01:17 AM PST

    Looking to purchase an Apple Watch series 3. How much longer will it receive updates?

    submitted by /u/Cameron13o3
    [link] [comments]

    Step/Activity tracking if you cant keep watch on you all day.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 12:58 AM PST

    Im interested in buying a Series 5 in the next couple of months but work in a bakery and cant keep the watch on my wrist during my shift, i can however keep my phone on me in my pocket.

    With the phone also tracking steps etc would the watch sync its activity with the watch when i take it out of my locker after my shift at work?

    Im still probably going to get an Apple Watch but would be nice if my entire days activity was tracked somehow and not just the time im not at work.

    submitted by /u/Salty2286
    [link] [comments]

    Notification Center and control center don’t respond sometimes?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 12:50 AM PST

    Does anyone experience not being able to pop up the control center nor the notifications one? It is quite annoying as I need to restart my watch to make it function again. I have S5.

    submitted by /u/AboulTeek
    [link] [comments]

    Offline Apps to take notes

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 12:28 PM PST

    So, I am testing an Apple Watch for the first time, Series 3, NO cellular, and I am wondering whether there are any apps I can use without wifi and without my Iphone nearby.

    In particular, I'm interested in apps that allow me to take notes, e.g. how much I just spent at the supermarket or what I need to to later or how much time I spent writing.

    Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated :-)

    submitted by /u/Irishtara
    [link] [comments]

    Are wet or dry screen protectors better?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 02:17 PM PST

    I've never used wet install but they look like they're difficult and risky to install. It seems like almost all Apple Watch screen protectors are wet install.

    submitted by /u/sigh_zip
    [link] [comments]

    I made a simple, free watch app to track interval workouts for CrossFit. Heart rate data and calories expended are saved to your Apple Health

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 08:57 AM PST

    The following modes are supported:

    AMRAP - "as many rounds as possible" in a fixed time cap

    EMOM - "every minute on the minute". But any interval is supported, including 1 minute intervals

    Rounds for time - Complete a fixed amount of rounds as quickly as possible, within a time cap

    Here's the link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/crossfit-metcon/id1493452735

    Feedback is welcome!

    submitted by /u/surelyouarejoking
    [link] [comments]

    I bought an apple watch after having a reaction to the fitbit band, but I am still having a reaction.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 10:54 PM PST

    I have the s3, using a regular sports band. I had a reaction the fitbit, which happened over time, and then when I took breaks and started using it, the reaction would happen faster. (12 hours)

    Now it's happening with my apple watch. I was able to use it for little over a month before having a reaction. I had been taking it off the let the skin dry and air and whatever, but it still happened. I can no longer wear it for more than 12 hours with out getting a red and sore spot on the underside of my wrist.

    It's frustrating because I thought this product would be good for me to use to monitor my HR in regards to a medical condition.

    Is there any suggestions you have to stop reactions happening?

    submitted by /u/LillyTheEnderdragon
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel