• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 12, 2020

    Apple Macbook Fun Fact: 2017 12 inch MacBook shares the same space grey shade with the 2012 iPod Touch 5th Gen.

    Apple Macbook Fun Fact: 2017 12 inch MacBook shares the same space grey shade with the 2012 iPod Touch 5th Gen.


    Fun Fact: 2017 12 inch MacBook shares the same space grey shade with the 2012 iPod Touch 5th Gen.

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 02:05 PM PST

    Keeping your Mac plugged in at 100%

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 03:40 PM PST

    I came across this question, and while doing my usual research on the web, I found tons of contradicting information and no credible source. Can someone please help me with this?

    I've read that:

    1. Keeping your Mac plugged in at 100% makes it run on external power, therefore does not use the battery at all. It is also better because it doesn't use up the battery cycles.
    2. Keeping your Mac plugged in at 100% will damage the battery. It can overpower the computer and it's best for the battery to be kept at 30-80%.

    This is a particularly important question for me and hard to find the definite answer.

    submitted by /u/theritualmurder
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought a mid 2012 Retina 15 16GB i7 for 250 USD

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 06:04 PM PST

    Bought this macbook: https://everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/specs/macbook-pro-core-i7-2.3-15-mid-2012-retina-display-specs.html

    Seller says, it's missing the SSD, and the display is cracked.

    Condition is mint: https://imgur.com/a/fASN1Lh

    Assuming the seller is right about the broken screen, how much money could I get out of it, if I resell it?

    submitted by /u/firmware-god
    [link] [comments]

    Charging issue with eGPU and MacBook.

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 10:23 PM PST

    I picked up an Akito Node for my new 2019 13" MacBook. It seems to only do 15W charging, but my AC charger information says it isn't charging. It recognizes the 15W but says "Charging: No". My battery charge still decreases pretty significantly. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/flobots204
    [link] [comments]

    External Monitors and Performance

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 10:09 PM PST

    Can someone explain what the impact of using an external monitor actually has on a computer? I ask because I have a 2014 MacBook Pro that I have been using with a 1080p Dell monitor I bought over a decade ago (it won't die), and I'm considering upgrading to a 4K monitor, and want to understand what potential impact that would have on performance/the longevity of my computer. If you can, please say more than just, "it'll be fine," or "do it if you'll enjoy your computer more." I want to have a more complete understanding on how a computer is impacted by this kind of use. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Jmarz166
    [link] [comments]

    Normal for MacBook to be warm after updating to Catalina?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 08:14 PM PST

    I just updated and was running Sidecar when I noticed my 12 inch MacBook was warm...is that normal right after a major update or is it Sidecar making it run hot? Thanks

    submitted by /u/b_holden19
    [link] [comments]

    I feel like apple will be making a gaming MacBook sooner or later. They’d profit so much also it would be a plus if they added AMD processors too tbh. What do you guys think?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 07:50 PM PST

    Need help deciding on 13 or 16

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 08:43 AM PST

    Hey gang! My 2019 MBP 13 2.4 512gb was stolen out of my car last night, and I need to replace it. I'm a student in computer science, and really had zero complaints with my 13" and loved the form factor, however now that the 16" is an option, I wanted some opinions from people who have it. Is it extremely cumbersome when compared to the 13", and is it worth the additional $600? Best Buy has my model MBP 13" on sale for $1799(from $1999) right now, and I'd be purchasing the base $2399 MBP 16". Thanks!

    Edit: We're doing the 16 boys.

    submitted by /u/Alange655
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro still linked with old email

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 05:24 PM PST

    Hi Guys,

    I really need your help! So today I try to reinstal my Macbook Pro 2019, I access Disk Recovery from Restart and press Command + R to access that.

    But the problem is when I try to delete Macintosh HD, it request login from my old email Apple ID which is I already updated long time ago. It request to login to turn off Finy My Mac.

    I cant access the desktop anymore which is already delete Macintosh HD - Data before?

    Can you guys help?

    submitted by /u/vpners
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone using the LG 32UL950 with a MacBook?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 04:21 PM PST

    I just got this monitor, running it from a 16" MBP using Thunderbolt 3. When I select "Default for display", it scales everything to cartoonishly large, like 1920 x 1080. I have to choose the "More Space" all the way to the right to get native resolution. But then, the fonts don't look crisp.

    Also, my brightness keys don't work, even with the modifier. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

    Is this normal for this monitor, and MBP combo?

    submitted by /u/Hantra
    [link] [comments]

    Best app for monitoring battery useage on mbp?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 03:02 PM PST

    16" Macbook Sleep/Wake + External Monitor Issue

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 10:15 AM PST

    I've got a new 16" macbook connected to an external LG 4K monitor via thunderbolt to HDMI cable. The macbook is also connected to external speakers and has the power connected. There is no dongle between the thunderbolt/hdmi to monitor. I'll walk away from my computer at night and come back the next day. I'll click a couple keys on the wireless apple keyboard or apple wireless mouse and it'll usually wake up ok. After about 3-4 sleep/wake cycles over a few days, it'll get strange. I'll come back to the computer, click some keys or move the mouse and I may hear the "bmp" noise but the screen will never push to the monitor. I should say I keep the macbook in clamshell mode all the time. So... the screen never comes to the monitor. If I disconnect the thunderbolt/hdmi cable, the screen on the macbook returns normally. If I keep the macbook open and plug the thunderbolt/hdmi cable in, the screen on the macbook goes on/off/on/off continually with no image ever pushing to the external monitor. Sometimes, if I put the thunderbolt/hdmi cable into a thunderbolt port on the other side of the macbook, it'll push the external image and everything will be fine. The absolute resolution it to restart. Another note of interest, when I disconnect the thunderbolt/hdmi cable and open the macbook, I can see for a split second on the little display bar above the keyboard, the option to [External Display], like the computer is asking me if I want to display on the external monitor. Wondering if anyone if having this issue and if it's a 16" or OS issue?

    submitted by /u/Leatherneck85
    [link] [comments]

    Discord won't bind a key for push to talk on Macbook

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 12:48 PM PST

    Don't know if this is the right subreddit for this, but I thought I'd give it a shot. I downloaded the Discord app today for my 2019 MacBook and whenever I try to record a key it doesn't register it. I read something online that its in the MacBook settings but I can't seem to find it

    submitted by /u/melwfsn
    [link] [comments]

    Hope this is the place to ask. How do I transfer my iTunes from pc to my new MacBook Air? Original setup was iTunes on pc with all music on external drive. Would like to keep everything external.

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 12:04 PM PST

    I need to choose a macbook pro 15" 2017 for producing! HELP!

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 11:36 AM PST

    It is between this ones

    2.9GHz i7 | 16GB | 512GB SSD | 2017; 1950€

    3.1GHz i7 | 16GB | 512GB SSD | 2017; 1995€

    2.8GHz i7 | 16GB | 1TB SSD | 2017; 2150€

    2.9GHz i7 | 16GB | 1TB SSD | 2017; 2250€

    3.1GHz i7 | 16GB | 1TB SSD | 2017; 2295€

    What is my best option? Is there a big difference or should i just go with the cheapest one on this list? Cheaper is better but i do want to buy a good laptop for music production. Also i want to upgrade if i want to.

    I use - omnisphere 2.6 - kontakt (4 libr.) - Nexus 3 - phillhormonic - effects plugins

    submitted by /u/Freekshow144
    [link] [comments]

    MBP 2017 not charging

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 01:45 AM PST

    Hi, recently I observed an issue with my MBP 13" 2017 running Mojave 10.14.6. I never had any problems with it until it stopped charging. The battery indicator shows that it's plugged to power but it's not charging. I did the SMC reset and it seemed to resolve this problem, charged the laptop to the max and for a few days there were no problems. Today I plugged my laptop to the power as the battery was almost dead and it didn't charge. Pulled the cable out and plugged it upside down (thank you, USB-C) and it's now charging. Do you think it's a software or hardware issue? I don't have a backup charger, but if you think it's necessary I can buy one.

    submitted by /u/permanentdreaming
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading macbook pro mid 2014 SSD

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 11:03 AM PST

    I have a macbook pro retina mid 2014 which runs great but the SSD is 120GB and I am running out of space

    where can I buy a reliable SSD to upgrade mine? which brands are better? I dont want to buy something that crashes after couple of years

    submitted by /u/jimlee3
    [link] [comments]

    Source for a quality new battery?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 10:03 AM PST

    Hi all, a few months ago I picked up my mom's old 2012 MacBook Air because my old Windows machine broke. I bought a cheapo battery off eBay and popped it in, and lo and behold, I had a fully functional laptop. So far, with the Core i7 and 8gb of RAM, this thing has been running like a dream. In the beginning, the battery life was great; I was getting around 5-6 hours of screen on time. However, after just over 100 cycles, the capacity of the battery has dropped to 78%. Where can I get a quality battery online to replace it with so I can keep this incredible computer alive for longer? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/jaykron
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro and 6 monitors

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 02:24 AM PST

    Is there anyway to connect a 13" 2019 MacBook Pro to 6 external monitors? I know this will probably require an external graphics card or interface or whatever but I can't seem to find out exactly what I need. Anyone know if it's possible, and if so how to do it? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Kiddadread
    [link] [comments]

    It should be possible to bring back the glowing logo without making the screen thicker.

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 08:18 AM PST

    Apple says that they stopped doing the glowing Apple logo because it would make the screen too thick. Well also I don't even care about MacBooks getting thinner I'd rather have a 1 inch thick one that's got lots of ports and incredible battery life. And for those of you don't know the glowing Apple logo is lit up by the backlight of the lcd. So Apple could just start making screens with transparent plastic for the Apple logo like they used too.

    submitted by /u/Vintage_AppleG4
    [link] [comments]

    is the 2019 16 inch MacBook Pro worth buying?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 12:53 AM PST

    I'm considering purchasing one soon, but idk if its a good idea. how bad is the screen ghosting situation? and was the speaker problem fixed? I only ask because idk if its worth to just wait for the 2020 model... I really don't want to spend 3,000 dollars on a machine that has a high chance of craping out on me.

    submitted by /u/chilldude1993
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel