• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 8, 2020

    Apple Macbook Better to Cycle Battery or Leave Plugged In?

    Apple Macbook Better to Cycle Battery or Leave Plugged In?


    Better to Cycle Battery or Leave Plugged In?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 07:29 PM PST

    I've been almost exclusively using my MBP with a dock hooked up to dual monitors. Not sure if I should leave it plugged into power when it hits 100% or if I should unplug it and let the battery cycle once it fully charges. What's the best thing for battery health? TIA

    submitted by /u/acwwbugcatcher
    [link] [comments]

    Bought a brand new 13' 2018 lmacbook, battery show this? please help?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 08:07 AM PST

    Does Genius Bar offer device cleaning?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 04:43 PM PST

    I have a late-2013 MBP 15" Retina (2.3 GHz, Intel Core i7, 16 GB) and accidentally spilled kombucha on it in 2016. I had turned it upsidedown, opened it up, etc, etc, but it was pronounced dead by my IT department at work (I kept it around since it was a gift from my dad). We thought the hardware was already corroded.

    After all this time, I was about to bring it in for proper recycling and chanced on charging it up—it has held a charge and is working just fine.

    I am thinking of backing it up and bringing it in for professional cleaning, but I'm not sure if this is a service they provide onsite at an Apple Store. Does anyone know if they do hardware cleaning and/or if they charge for cleaning? I checked the Genius Bar website but couldn't find any helpful info pertaining to cleaning. Since it was essentially drowned in a sugar liquid, I'm not sure about the level of corrosion after 3-4 years and I'm afraid to open it up myself. Especially since I see remnants of the dried liquid still caked onto the outer case.

    Would it even be in my best interests to have it opened, or should I just use it as-is until it dies? Any insight is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/FreyePlays
    [link] [comments]

    Bought a brand new 13' 2018 lmacbook, battery show this? please help?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 07:57 AM PST

    Help: Updated Catalina...Cookie Problem

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 03:32 PM PST

    Hi I have very basic computer knowledge but I have researched this online and notice others are having the same problem, and no solutions are being offered so I thought I would scratch your brains:

    I updated Catalina 10.15.2 on my mid 2014 macbook pro. Ever since I did, I am not able to access anything (online banking, purchasing, Crave TV etc) that requires 3rd party cookies. It says that 3rd party cookies are blocked even though I have gone to "Preferences" "Privacy" and de-selected "prevent cross tracking" and "block cookies".

    I've tried clearing my history, managing my data and re-starting and nothing is working. I can use Chrome but my passwords are stored in Safari and I need access to it (as well as this is a problem I want to solve).

    Has anyone else had this happen?

    submitted by /u/Cloudshoveller
    [link] [comments]

    2012 MacBook Pro, external monitor issue

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 09:12 AM PST

    Hello all, first time poster. I've been looking around for an answer to my specific problem and I can't seem to find one. I have a maxed out 2012 pro i7, outdated I know but a great machine. It's at the end if it's life and I need to edit one final video on it, my external display does not show any picture regardless of what I do. It's a Samsung curved 1080p monitor 60hz, so nothing crazy. Normally I would blame my thunderbolt to DisplayPort cable, but the monitor is detected by the MBP and it shows up in the external monitor settings as "c27f398" which I assume is the model number. Any ideas If I need a new cable, dongle or monitor? Chances are this will be my last big project on this workhorse of a machine, I would love to not use the awful pre Retina display to do it! Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Tronguy93
    [link] [comments]

    How to get rid of WebAssistSearch

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 03:00 PM PST

    this is so frustrating

    submitted by /u/PrincedeSnare
    [link] [comments]

    Coconut Battery Display Battery Percentages in Menu Bar?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 02:34 PM PST

    Hey guys,

    I'm really loving Coconut Battery to track the battery life and condition of my MacAir. However, I find it daunting to always have the program running in background and then having to select to see how much battery I have left. Is there a possibility to have Coconut Battery pinned to the menu bar to display the battery percentages there, pretty much like the baked Mac battery indicator?

    Best Regards!

    submitted by /u/2gud2bbad
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any reliable sources on when new 2020 MacBooks will release? I’m currently thinking about buying a 13“ MacBook Pro

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 01:58 PM PST

    ...and I don't want to regret it a few months later because a newer version just released. I know this is always the problem with tech, but as the 15,4" MBP just got replaced by the 16" I was hoping that something similar could happen to the 13" sometime soon. I couldn't find any reliable information on this by googling

    submitted by /u/Kasti0
    [link] [comments]

    What to do with original ssd from MBPR 13" (early 2015) after I put M2 inside?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 10:48 AM PST

    I saw some adapters on aliexpress to connect newer M2 disks on my Macbook Pro Retina Early 2015 128gb, and Im wondering is there any way to connect that original 128gb disk to a older PC? Are theere any downsides of disk replacement?

    submitted by /u/dasLast1
    [link] [comments]

    How do you guys organize your photos?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 03:03 AM PST

    I want to keep the pros of syncing between Apple electronics but

    organizing to a specific album is hell difficult as you know,

    I want to know how do you guys are dealing with.

    Are you using the Photo app of Apple or Using some other third-party apps?

    submitted by /u/enter0901
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a Good deal?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 05:53 AM PST

    I can get 15.4 inch MacBook Pro 2.3ghz 8 core i9 16GB 512SSD Radeon pro 560 for $2221 brand new. Is that a good deal? Meanwhile for the latest 2019 models i7 and i9 base I can get them for about $222 cheaper.

    I've used MacBookpro 13 inches for about 4 months now at work and I love it.

    But I'm having a hard time choosing which one is the better deal, not sure about the keyboard controversial.

    I'm using it mainly for development (programming)

    submitted by /u/colorfulspace
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air 13” Loose connector or a broken lcd ? I don’t remember dropping it though.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 03:26 AM PST

    Do you think this sleeve is a feminine one or it could suit a man finely? Would you purchase this as a man?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 12:38 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel