• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 9, 2020

    iPhone Someone is sending texts as my son to people in his contacts list

    iPhone Someone is sending texts as my son to people in his contacts list


    Someone is sending texts as my son to people in his contacts list

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 07:17 PM PST

    My son has an iphone 10, and some is sending texts to people in his contact list as him. The only clue is that the email address associated with the texts are definitely not him.

    What would he need to do to stop this from occurring? Get a new number, new phone, new carrier?

    FYI This started when he had a vehicle for sale and parked it where it upset someone and the for sale sign had his number on it.

    submitted by /u/ccrexer
    [link] [comments]

    Battery widget only shows iPhone and watch?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 05:55 PM PST

    Is there a reason why my battery widget only shows my Apple Watch and iPhone? I got a new pair of AirPod pros for Christmas and assumed they would be in the battery widget as well.. any way to fix this?

    submitted by /u/Jay_Reefer
    [link] [comments]

    iphone undercounting mileage?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 07:12 PM PST

    So I think maybe my iphone isn't calculating my daily steps in accurately, even though I think it used to (this is only in the past few days). Every morning for the past few days I've been taking the same route to my pilates class, which according to google maps is 3.8 miles when I put in my route. The first two or three days my iphone health app read 3.8 miles, but since Monday it's been saying I've walked 2.9 miles. How is this possible? Sure, I might be getting there faster because I'm used to the route now, but why is it telling me I've walked less when I'm walking the same route? I also calculated my distance today (based off of where I walked) using google maps and it should be 10.7 miles, but my iphone says I walked 8.8. How is this possible?

    submitted by /u/ohsweetchristabel
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone else’s Microsoft to do and iPhone reminders stop syncing between each other this last week?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 07:06 PM PST

    Title basically. These two apps used to sync automatically and immediately. As far as I'm aware I haven't changed any relevant settings. Checked my settings in Reminders, Accounts and Password. Also flagging emails in Mail, where I have my Exchange creds no longer adds them into Reminders and from there to MS To Do. It seems like I have changed a setting somewhere but I can't for the life of me think what it might be.

    submitted by /u/katsumiblisk
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X won't charge unless turned all the way off

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 06:28 PM PST

    A couple of days ago I plugged my phone into my laptop just so I could get some extra battery while I was out. As soon as I plugged it in I realized it wasn't charging. When I got home I plugged my phone into an outlet charger and realized it once again wasn't charging. About an hour later it started charging normally again. Then the next day I decided to plug it into my laptop again and it once again wasn't charging. It hasn't been able to charge unless turned all the way off for a couple of days now and the only possible conclusion that I can come up with is that my laptop somehow damaged my battery in some way. If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/BonelessFireflies
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone XR won't allow me to change my address

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 05:17 PM PST

    I recently moved and I went into my contact card to change my address so I can use maps and what not. I change the info, delete my old address (which is listed twice for some reason) save it, and then when I close the app and re open it, it just goes back to my old address. It's like a memory glitch or something but I can't find any forums or anything where someone has had the same issue it is extremely annoying. I've restarted the phone several times, but nothing works. I'd post a screen recording but it is my former and current address so I don't want it on the internet. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/bustinassi
    [link] [comments]

    Photo showing up in the background in apps

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 04:13 PM PST

    I was looking at a picture of Roxanne from the goofy movie for reference for a painting and now it won't stop showing itself in the back of any app I'm using. I can see the apps fine it's just that when the screen is black or dark on a app it shows the picture in the background and it's pretty annoying. I can't explain it very well but can anyone try to me with this issue? And yes I have restarted my phone and it's still there.

    submitted by /u/wowilovethis120
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone XR died at like 15% after not much use today and only 3 months of ownership. Should I be worried? This may seem stupid but I got this phone specifically to not be paranoid about unexpected shutdowns (previous phone was iPhone 7) and the phone is still at maximum capacity.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 02:43 PM PST

    Or is it that the battery meter is already fucked up? If so how to fix?

    submitted by /u/Dynamo_roller
    [link] [comments]

    Creepy iPhone contact photo

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 07:56 AM PST

    So my fiance's iPhone contact photos keep changing to this image down below. Seems to be a blue blanket? It's been going on for quite some time. A month ago she asked me I had changed my contact photo in her phone without her knowledge, but I said no and that's when she showed me the photo of this blanket-looking image. She changed it back shortly after.

    A few days later, we were texting and she noticed it had reverted back to the blue-ish image. We thought it was odd (well, I did) and she started to get creeped out by it. It would make more sense if she had that image on her phone or in her iCloud anywhere, but she doesn't.

    And then today, she texts me with these images saying her OWN AppleID photo had now switched to the mysterious blanket photo. She's started to get pretty antsy about it. So I'm wondering what the deal is!

    Here's some screenshots of the image: https://imgur.com/gallery/w68E0zQ

    submitted by /u/nate_oi
    [link] [comments]

    Reddit suddenly stops letting me see content

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 11:21 AM PST

    This has been happening ever since I got the app, but the same thing happened with pintrist, long before that. I will open the app and it'll be working fine, until I get to a certain random point then suddenly I won't be able to see comments anymore. Usually when this happens I can then see maybe two or three more posts without comments then nothing but the title of posts will come up either and no matter how long I wait it doesn't load. I've tried to look it up on the internet, but it seems no one else has this problem. I thought maybe it was my internet, but my aunt can go on YouTube and all sorts of sites with no problem. I checked my storage just in case that was the problem and it's less than half of what I can have. It's just really frustrating to have to restart my iPhone or close out the app and start all over again every ten posts or so.

    submitted by /u/Dramaticlesbian1
    [link] [comments]

    Sync data between the Health app and the Health Records section within the app

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 11:12 AM PST

    In the iOS Health app, you can link to your health provider and get the information from your visits synced into the health app where you can view them under the Browse section. But is there a way to have that data show on the Summary page as well?

    submitted by /u/nsyrax
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 camera auto-changing the colors and lighting of my artwork. Any setting that can fix this?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 08:38 AM PST

    Check my profile for another post I made comparing two photos taken of a painting I did. One photo taken with my iPhone 11, the other taken with my iPhone 6. The iPhone 6 photo looks perfect, exactly how the painting looks in real life. The iPhone 11 photo is washed out, brighter, and not accurate at all. It de-saturated the color and lightens the dark areas. No matter what settings I change or how the room lighting is, it does the same thing. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/mrpayco
    [link] [comments]

    IphoneX volume lowers music when receiving texts - stays lowered.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 08:27 AM PST

    When I am playing music on Spotify, and I get a text (or other notifications), my music volume goes down to almost nothing and stays that way. The music used to "dip" and come back up which was fine. This is a brand new issue last couple of days. I have not updated my phone since about two weeks ago. I have an iPhone X with 13.3 iOS.

    I went into sounds and switched off the Ringer and Alerts/change with buttons. It did not help.

    Is anyone else having this issue? Please help. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/PassingConversations
    [link] [comments]

    Physics project nightmare

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 06:52 AM PST

    I had to record a video in slomo for my physics class and use the frames to frame rate ratio to find something's velocity, but I had to transfer the video through airdrop from someone else's phone (Xr) I have iPhone 11. I know when airdropping slomo videos they transfer in non-slomo, and the slomo videos are recorded at 240fps. The thing is, I read something that said that the section that is not slomo in the video (the area before and after the slow part in the video) is played at 30fps. I know that the part of the video I am looking at was not originally slomo in the other phone. So what is the frame rate for the section I am looking at on my phone? Can I find that out using an app?

    Edit: the video I have in my phone does not function like it is slomo. I am looking for the frame rate of my video in a section that was not slomo on the original. I don't know if what parts were slomo in the other person's phone affects the frame rate after being airdropped

    submitted by /u/Skyeisbadatusernames
    [link] [comments]

    Video recording stops recording unexpectedly

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 06:33 AM PST

    Hi there fellow iOS users. I've been having problems with my iOS device (iPhone X) and the issue is as States in the heading, it stops recording without me doing anything other than (in this case) playing.

    I active it via the Control Center.

    Thanks in advance!

    Edit: I dont get anything saved to my Photos-app.

    submitted by /u/kribery
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X Apple logo loop

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 06:01 AM PST

    I recently got my screen replaced. It was fine for a few days. I wanted to download an app, but it needed the latest iOS so I updated my phone to iOS 13.2 but the update didn't work. The bar was loading but then it stopped and this apple logo loop started. The screen would flash the Apple logo and then go black. I have plugged my phone to my comp and connected it to iTunes and tried to update it from there, I tried to restore it and I tried DFU. That kinda worked the bar would go but it would stop halfway and then the screen would go black and it would start again. Does anyone know how I can fix it? Will Apple be able to do anything? How much will it it it cost?

    submitted by /u/thebaigel
    [link] [comments]

    4G Bug?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 02:26 AM PST

    Bug report: Whenever im talking with somone on my iPhone, my 4G stops working. Is there any way to fix that? I use iPhone XR on iOS 13.3

    submitted by /u/RealArwox
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel