• Breaking News

    Monday, January 13, 2020

    Apple iOS Why is YouTube iOS app allowed to charge for background audio when it seems like a violation of the App Store Review Guidelines?

    Apple iOS Why is YouTube iOS app allowed to charge for background audio when it seems like a violation of the App Store Review Guidelines?


    Why is YouTube iOS app allowed to charge for background audio when it seems like a violation of the App Store Review Guidelines?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 10:08 AM PST

    I have actually been thinking about this for awhile (ever since they started requiring Premium for that "feature"), and I don't know if anyone else has had the same thought.

    From Apple's App Store Review Guidelines under section 3.2.2 Unacceptable (ii):

    "(ii) Monetizing built-in capabilities provided by the hardware or operating system, such as Push Notifications, the camera, or the gyroscope; or Apple services, such as Apple Music access or iCloud storage."

    The only reason I can think of as to why they are able to do it is that they use their own custom video player and don't actually rely on Apple's players. Still, it's an expected function, and YouTube disables it until you give them money. They even recently started doing it on the web version too.

    submitted by /u/techfreak23
    [link] [comments]

    Fair warning: personal automations are not backed up to iCloud.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 04:27 AM PST

    Maybe it says it somewhere, but after experiencing a couple of bugs I couldn't seem to identify as common with other users (and having already restored from an encrypted backup once to try to fix), I decided to do what I should've done when I got my 11 pro, and set it up as new.

    Most things I wanted to get back did, but I lost all my personal automations, and I don't think they're gonna come back. I guess those only make it if you restore from a backup. I also just barely remembered in time to set up my alarm again. I'm sure I'll find other problems, but hopefully my homepods and airport expresses stop disappearing from automations, and maybe optimized charging will finally start working.

    submitted by /u/blendertricks
    [link] [comments]

    Siri not working. Says ‘one moment’ or ‘just a sec’ every time and does nothing. Any thoughts?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 11:39 PM PST

    It's been happening for a month now but every time I ask siri anything she says one moment or just a sec and then does nothing, same thing on different networks. Not sure how I can fix this..

    submitted by /u/misteryouu
    [link] [comments]

    More than 40% with no use ?? Clean installation settings wiped again

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 04:52 AM PST

    Where can i find the full-res version of this wallpaper from Max Tech's newest video.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 08:09 AM PST

    I need an app.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:48 AM PST

    Hello everyone , I need help in finding an app to download Instagram and Twitter videos.

    submitted by /u/ShinichiYeet
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else experiencing issues with Messenger since 13.3?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 12:52 AM PST

    Hey guys!

    Anyone else experiencing some weird occurrences with messenger since 13.3? The ability to do anything besides sharing photos, voice messages, stickers and GIF's has disappeared. I can no longer create or even view Polls and cannot share my location anymore.

    These features come back once I delete and reinstall the app but then within 5/10 mins or so it reverts back to being unavailable 🤔

    Wondering if anyone else has experienced this too?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/clouseu
    [link] [comments]

    How do I ignore sounds that come from Safari?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 06:30 AM PST

    Example: I listen to Music from an app, and want to watch a video on safari, but without the videos audio.

    submitted by /u/serefsiz
    [link] [comments]

    Second “ding” after 2 minutes (iMessage)

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 04:45 AM PST

    Hi!

    I was wondering why there's a second notification sound with iMessage when I receive a text, 2 minutes after the first notification. I suppose that this is a reminder but I can't find a way to disable this in the settings, this is annoying. Any ideas?

    iPhone 11 iOS 13.3

    submitted by /u/aelzhu
    [link] [comments]

    My iCloud is empty! Why? All app data stored in iCloud are gone. On all devices.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:55 AM PST

    Game Center issue

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 08:43 PM PST

    For some reason, when I try to access Game Center through setting it freezes my screen. Has this happened to anyone else?

    submitted by /u/ayylmai2
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone Alarm Clock - Possible to have rising sound?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 01:47 AM PST

    I always jump up in panic when my alarm clock goes off in the morning ( iPhone 11). Is there a way to get the alarm clock to start with low sound and then start increasing the volume?

    submitted by /u/GIFSec
    [link] [comments]

    Why icons on homescreen are dimmed, when on setting wallpaper screen they are so vibrant? (I have disabled „dark appearance dims wallpaper”, didn’t work)

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:00 AM PST

    Swiftkeys only works on one application!?!?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 06:07 AM PST

    So Apple introduced the swift keys on the keyboard in September, i gave it a try and like it when i was texting on Whatsapp, until realizing it is not on google chrome, Notes, Messages, mail etc. It is only on Whatsapp why not just use the same keyboard for every application. is this not weird.

    submitted by /u/PlatinumHound
    [link] [comments]

    got this message for days. Still not updated lol

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 11:44 PM PST

    looking for partner who have apple enterprise dev acc

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 05:36 AM PST

    looking for partner. i have project will to share the profit.. i need p12 certificate just 1 month project work.

    submitted by /u/bets21
    [link] [comments]

    White edges on images in photos app

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 01:53 PM PST

    Hi everbody,

    in the photos app, most of my imported pictures are are shown with a pixelwide white edge occasionally on any side (sometimes even on each side). After pinching into the picture, the white edge is gone until I reopen that image.

    Has anybody the same behaviour?

    That occurs on both, iPad 2018 and iPhone XS (both latest iOS version).

    Only imported jpegs are affected, but not all of them (all have the same resolution).

    https://i.imgur.com/q2DReLo.jpg

    submitted by /u/I_Just-Reddit
    [link] [comments]

    Missing 3 pictures in iCloud on MacOS

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 10:24 AM PST

    I don’t get it...

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 04:33 PM PST

    All my photos have exclamation points and I've literally tried everything to get rid of them like deleting videos, turning off low power mode, restarting my device, etc. I even bought 200MB worth of storage and it hasn't come through in days. I can't even go to my Apple ID. It says it's verifying and nothing comes up, it just freezes and I can't press anything. I'm not gonna try logging off because if I do, all of my pictures are gonna get wiped out. Is there a solution for this? It says my phone used about 29.3GB and I only have 32GB. I'm not sure what to do anymore. It's been extremely aggravating for the last few days.

    https://imgur.com/a/AfKpOCa

    submitted by /u/violet_moonlight
    [link] [comments]

    iOS won’t let me change my storage plan. When i click the button noticing happens.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 03:22 PM PST

    Keyboard accuracy changes in iOS. Are you having problems, too?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 11:30 AM PST

    Someone else has to have dealt with this.

    Something changed with my iPhone roughly around April of 2019, and it had to be due to installing an iOS update.

    Suddenly I couldn't type to save my life. Constant mistyping. I've had five models of iPhones since 2009 and never given a second thought to the keyboard. I just typed and it just worked. In the first quarter of 2019 I'm sure I texted more than ever before and engaged in frequent conversations that went on for hours. I might type for ten minutes at a time without giving it a thought.

    Then all the sudden, it became a battle. I couldn't type a single sentence without backing up to fix letters. I might try to just type "of" and get "if" and have to retry three times, aiming for the o and still getting an i.

    I had my iPhone looked at. Fine. I factory reset it and started over. I tried every alternate keyboard in the app store--minimal change. When I recently upgraded from an XS to an XS Max with a larger keyboard, I thought surely having a different unit, and one with a different keyboard size, would change things. But no.

    A few points to note:

    • I've been a steady iPhone typist going back to a 3GS in 2009.
    • I had zero trouble with heavy use on my XS up through the first quarter of 2019.
    • Alternate keyboards do not help.
    • Typos ALWAYS occur by way of the letter to the left of the one I'm aiming for.
    • I have zero problems working on clients' iPhones when they are up through iOS 12.
    • I have no detectable changes in my dexterity or motor skills. Still the same me I've always been.
    • Upgrading to iOS 13 did not resolve the issue, though it might have helped a bit.

    Now typing is a chore. I've had to create dozens of autocorrect entries to fix the most frequent typos: tge=>the, etc. It has always been a completely thoughtless non-issue, and now is a continual battle.

    There must have been some change in iOS in early 2019, right? Surely Apple tried to "fix" something and make it better.

    Anyone else have a similar experience?

    submitted by /u/jbbarnes77
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud safari tabs broken on MBP 2011

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 06:42 PM PST

    After upgrade to iOS 13 for a while now, it seems that the safari tabs on XS Max don't sync with the MBP anymore but it was fine for iOS 12. MBP is still on high Sierra but safari is upgrade to safari 13.0.4. I've try logging out on both and phone and MBP, check all the settings and still doesn't work. It is just too old to sync anymore?

    submitted by /u/Kazemegaman
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 13.3 Missing connected device battery, on both widget and status bar

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 12:21 PM PST

    Photos being displayed as negatives

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 02:11 PM PST

    Hey all - sometimes on my iPhone 7 and iPad Air 2019, photos on websites are sometimes displayed as negatives?

    I've turned the Accessibility invert settings on and off but it makes no difference to the images. I've also changed the brightness and dark mode settings but no change.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/christopher-owen
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel