• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 19, 2020

    Apple TV My brother in law just busted out this bad boy.

    Apple TV My brother in law just busted out this bad boy.


    My brother in law just busted out this bad boy.

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 03:48 PM PST

    Skipping 10 seconds using iOS remote barely working?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 09:44 AM PST

    Is there a trick to using the 10 second skip on the control center remote? It seems the first time I tap on the right of the "pad" it skips, but subsequent taps causes it to pause or to bring up current position, or zoom on the screen. It seems I can't reliably use this function. Is there a trick to using it reliably?

    THIS IS THE IOS CONTROL CENTER REMOTE, NOT THE STANDALONE

    submitted by /u/Baldish
    [link] [comments]

    Weird annoying audio issue, hear intro music but then no voices when the show actually starts

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 07:15 PM PST

    So I have an apple TV running into a Vizio SB36512-F6 (atmos) soundbar and for some time I've had this annoying audio issue where I can't hear voices on a show. If I close the app, or switch the audio from 'English' to 'English AD' and then back to 'English' it always fixes it.

    Earlier this week I went and bought HDMI 2.1 cables, likely overkill, but this issue is annoying. When I hooked them up I noticed my output from the soundbar was into the HDMI 1 port on the TV and not the HDMI arc port. But tonight the issue still happened. We put on Netflix, watched an episode in Witcher which I believe is Atmos, audio was perfect, then switched over to the Ricky Gervais special, which is not Atmos. When the special started you hear the crowd cheering, you heard music, and then when he spoke it sounded like he was outside and the mic was inside... he sounded far away. I closed the netflix app, opened it again, and it was perfectly fine. Another example is my son watches a few shows on Amazon prime, bubble guppies and if you give a mouse a cookie are two of them. I don't think we've ever had issues with bubble guppies but we'll watch 'mouse' and one episode will be fine, the next will start and the intro music which includes a voice is perfectly fine... episode starts however and no voices, just background music. Again closing/re-opening or switching audio feeds fix it, but it's just annoying.

    I've been trying to look up this issue for a while, never found anything, gave up, bought new cables, thought I fixed it, and it happened again. Hopefully someone knows a fix! It feels like maybe the apple TV spits out one audio format, and then when it spits out another one something gets 'messed up' and it doesn't play one of the channels of the audio.

    My Audio Output is set to the Apple TV and not my TV

    Audio Format is: Change Format - Off, Atmos - On - could this be the issue, before you click into the setting it says "auto, Atmos Available" but "Change format = off" does not sound like "Auto"?

    Reduce loud sounds off

    Audio mode auto

    Audio Language English

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/mzoltek
    [link] [comments]

    What do you want to see in a new AppleTV box?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 08:25 PM PST

    It's been 28 months since Apple updated the AppleTV. Over the last year they've focused on getting apps installed into new televisions, so what would they have to offer to make new hardware valuable to you to buy or upgrade?

    submitted by /u/terkistan
    [link] [comments]

    ATV4K on KS8000 - Colors incredibly dull

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 04:19 PM PST

    I'll preface this by saying I've scoured the internet multiple times over the last couple years and never come up with a solution

    I have an ATV4K hooked up to my Samsung KS8000. Yes, it's a high speed HDMI cable, yes I have the Match Range/Frame Rate option turned on. HDMI Output is set to YCbCr, Chroma is set to 4:2:0 (I've also tried 4:4:4).

    TV picture mode is set to Movie. HDMI UHD Color is turned on for all sources.

    But no matter what, attempting to watch movies in HDR washes everything out. Colors are very dull, dark scenes are VERY dark. It's just a bland viewing experience. However, switching to 4K SDR brightens everything up.

    My wife says, "well just watch it with HDR off of you like the way it looks better", but I feel like I'm being robbed of the HDR experience. It's supposed to work, so I don't wanna watch with the setting turned off just because.

    Can anyone recommend any setting changes I could make? I can't imagine what I could possibly doing wrong, but I guess it's possible.

    submitted by /u/HeHateMe115
    [link] [comments]

    Volume control doesnt work

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 02:34 PM PST

    May I ask you guys how to control volume within apps? I use apple tv for live tv, netfix and so on but I dont have regular TV, cause I have 4K monitor. I have connected speakers but volume control in apps doesnt work at all. Am I missing some settings?

    submitted by /u/kuracinka
    [link] [comments]

    Minus the battery life this remote makes me want to kill myself

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 02:05 PM PST

    Sorry but the remote is so fidgety. They need to fix this on the next Apple TV and either make it like an iPhone screen or just make it actual buttons.

    submitted by /u/NAGGERDICKEDYA
    [link] [comments]

    Cbs DD 5.1?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 01:41 PM PST

    Anyone that has CBS All Access on and Apple TV. Can you confirm it has 5.1 and which way did you subscribe. Through Amazon or Apple? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Duncan9999
    [link] [comments]

    Boxing on HBO channel

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 12:15 PM PST

    On HBO Now, you could choose from a list of all of the recent boxing matches. I can't find any boxing matches at all in the Apple HBO channel. The closest I can find is the general sports section which only has documentaries.

    submitted by /u/stylushappenstance
    [link] [comments]

    Picture quality of ATV Channels versus content providers app?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 11:15 AM PST

    Getting ready for Star Trek: Picard this week and want to subscribe to CBS All Access. I can either subscribe through Apple TV Channels, directly to the CBS app, or through Amazon.

    I seem to remember reading somewhere a few months ago that Apple TV Channels had the best picture quality because all the streaming content comes directly from Apple's servers, versus the servers of the content provider (Such as HBO app or CBS app.) But in my Google searches I cannot find this information again to confirm this. Am I just remembering incorrectly, or is that a true statement?

    Which option gives the absolute best picture quality?

    submitted by /u/Well_Sorted8173
    [link] [comments]

    Sound problems between Mrcm and Homepod

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 07:12 AM PST

    Hello friends.

    I have my fourth generation Apple TV, I use Mrmc and I watch the movies in plex, when I put my homepod as a speaker, the sound comes and goes, how can I fix this. Only with Mrmc gives me that problem.

    Thank you all.

    submitted by /u/Noelsanc
    [link] [comments]

    Voice command issue for shows

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 09:37 AM PST

    Whenever I ask my remote to play a show it always pulls up the paid option even if I already have a paid streaming service with that show on it. I've tried everything, form "play ____ on Netflix" to Open Netflix and play _____" . it just always insists on taking me to the Apple TV purchase option. Anyone find a way around this?

    submitted by /u/EK7777
    [link] [comments]

    How to Remove Extra DIRECTV logins

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 06:37 AM PST

    I am just curious if anyone knows how to do this.

    I forgot my DIRECTV login for a while and I kept inputting incorrect email addresses. So, now when an app asks me to sign into my account it shows like 6 incorrect email accounts to login to.

    Is there a way to delete these incorrect ones?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Vormison
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel