• Breaking News

    Friday, January 10, 2020

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [January 10]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [January 10]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [January 10]

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 08:09 PM PST

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly What Should I Buy Thread - [January 10]

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 01:09 AM PST

    Welcome to the weekly stickied WSIB thread.

    Have any questions about buying, selling, trading, or giveaways? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    Here is an archive of all previous "What Should I Buy" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"What Should I Buy" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    $1.42 BN Spent On The App Store Between Christmas And New Year!

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 04:33 AM PST

    Happy 13th Birthday, iPhone!

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 02:19 PM PST

    I sure wish Siri whispered...

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 07:06 PM PST

    Like Alexa. It's horrible when you whisper a command and it yells back at you...like an actual 13 year old haha.

    I've read they've got a patent awarded for it. Hopefully it's implemented soon.

    submitted by /u/709709709709
    [link] [comments]

    Taptic/Haptic sensor???

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 06:24 PM PST

    I've had an iPhone XR for about 2 weeks now and today I received a call and right after I got a notification but it sounded weirder so turned off the ringer and it made a clicking sound and when ever I like a post on here it sometimes emits a quick high pitched short ring and my alarm vibration aren't working anymore. Is it dangerous to have a broken Taptic motor or can I live by just turning vibration off or should I go and get it fixed?

    submitted by /u/Sir_tuna
    [link] [comments]

    Does the iPhone still show phone call usage time?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 02:21 PM PST

    I'm looking for it and can't find it. Looking for the hours & minutes time for the lifetime usage of the phone. Used to be easy to find.

    submitted by /u/ShowerVagina
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 Pro: Is this normal?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 08:53 PM PST

    So, I own an iPhone 11 Pro Max and the display has slightly annoyed me since I bought it a couple months ago. The display is a lot warmer than that of my previous iPhone X. However, after adjusting the color tint in the accessibility portion of the settings, the display is much more pleasant to my eye. Has anyone else found themselves in a similar predicament?

    Edit: I do not use True Tone / night shift.

    submitted by /u/jmerritt10
    [link] [comments]

    Auto-Forward text messages

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 01:50 PM PST

    Hello, i am trying to get something setup for our company and have not found any luck in doing so. I am trying to find an application that can auto-forward text messages to a mass amount of other numbers as well. anyone know of anyway? I know android can do so but haven't had any luck on iPhone

    submitted by /u/spicytorta
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X Cracks/Scratchs

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 03:00 PM PST

    Has anyone bought a new iPhone then later discovered someone’s notes on it?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 01:25 PM PST

    I bought my iPhone 5 back in like 2013 and it was my first ever iPhone. I had an itouch that I used for music and games and what not but other than that it was my first apple product.

    I bought my phone at a Verizon store where I picked out the color black and then proceeded to open the box it came in. I started my new iPhone up and went through the first time start up process while I was at the Verizon store because they had to initiate my service and make sure it was all good. Nothing out of the ordinary.

    I was younger (18ish) and it was my first iPhone. I really didn't use some of the preinstalled apps right off the bat. Who gets an iPhone and is excited to open the compass app or notes first thing. Not me. So after hours of downloading apps and trying out all the cool ones I decided to look at the notes app.

    Right away I spotted one note on my brand new never used before iPhone. At first I thought okay my my girlfriend wrote something on it while I wasn't looking. As I started to read this lengthy note I quickly realized that my girlfriend did not write this. Nothing was making any sense. The time stamp on the note was like from 2 years before I even purchased my phone.... bizarre beyond my comprehension.

    I, to this day, still have that note and often look at it to try and understand how it got on my phone, who this person that wrote this note, and is this common to find other people's notes on your phone???

    I have no idea but I decided that today I should ask the 2.2m iPhone users in this sub if they have ever had any similar situations with their new iPhones.

    I will include the note below so you can get a sense of how confused I was when I read it not knowing how it got here, why is it my only note, why it is from 2 years prior from the purchase of my phone, and who the heck are these people!

    Begin weird note:

    Time stamp - May 30, 2011 at 2:38PM Well 28 more days. 28 more days of having this having what I want when I want it and then everything changes :( I can't expalin to you how sad I am about it :( being so far away from you not having u 15 min away not having Monday nights not being around u all the time is sad to think about in a way I honestly feel like I'm losing you and it's the worst I love everything about you cutie :) yes I might be going to college and i'm Gunna go out but honestly in my mind babe I don't give a shit about anything like that I only wanna spend me extra time with you :) I only picture spending forever with you absolutly no one else you are the only one in this world who understands me who takes care of me who will love me unconditionaly an I love you for that :) you are so special baby so so special and I won't ever replace you because u are my best friend an the most amazing guy ever :) I love you with ever fiber in my body an I can't wait till I'm done with school so i can start my life with you :) ur the best thing that has happened to me Brandon kurtiz an I love you so much baby I can't wait to see where we are in a couple years :) ur amazing babe I love you so much cutie so so so much :). 2/21/09 :) :)

    End weird note.

    Hopefully the person that wrote this note is okay with my sharing but you did somehow manage to get it on my phone so I guess it's mine to do what I want with? I don't know this is still so weird to me.

    What do you iPhone owners think about this? I hope I'm not the only one this has happened too!

    TL;DR Bought a my first new iPhone that contained someone's love letter dating back before my phone was even created...

    submitted by /u/mattis777
    [link] [comments]

    11 Pro Users

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 02:01 PM PST

    Anyone else not using the Fast Charger that came w/ your phone? Am I crazy for not using it to help w/ battery longevity? Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/0hh-that-bald-guy
    [link] [comments]

    Convince Me

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 01:44 PM PST

    I've owned Samsung flagships and been on Android for nearly 10 years but am considering switching to iPhone. The support from Apple for their devices is great but I still need convincing! Would like to hear from users about their experience / why I should make the move!

    Side note: wife is running Android still so may not get all the benefits of iMessage etc - will this make a difference?

    submitted by /u/Hillsy84
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel