• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 15, 2020

    Apple iOS Battery on my 5s is insane.

    Apple iOS Battery on my 5s is insane.


    Battery on my 5s is insane.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 03:55 AM PST

    The lockscreen needs a rethink

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 06:51 AM PST

    We've gone through a few major versions of iOS now and on the latest generation of phones the lack of real updates on current version of the lockscreen begs a few questions:

    • Why is the weather display wholly dependent on the alarm in such away it's very possible to not see it several days in a row
    • whatever happened to handoff/continuity on your lockscreen? That just faded away
      • Would prefer that to the flashlight I accidentally turn on a fair bit.
    • why in 2019 can we not replace the flashlight with another app like Music or Notes
    submitted by /u/spaceleviathan
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 13.3 - Music and Safari crashing

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 06:54 PM PST

    Is anyone else experiencing significant problems with the Music and Safari app on iOS 13.3?

    When I'm in the Music app, I can play 1-2 songs before the app crashes and needs to be completely closed before I can start replaying music. Sometimes, it'll take 2-5 tries and closing and reopening before I can successfully play a song. This is occurring almost every time I use the Music app.

    It's particularly bad when I am using the Apple Music search function. 9/10 times it dies.

    This also happens in Safari, I can open it and browse for a few minutes before it freezes and I need to completely close the app a few times and sometimes restart before I can use it again.

    I thought it might have just been me, but a friend and a few colleagues at work are experiencing the exact same issues. I spoke to Apple about this in a previous version of iOS and even had my phone swapped because it was getting excessively hot when this would occur.

    Just wondering if anyone has the same problem and whether anyone has heard when this will be fixed.

    Such a poor experience.

    Models impacted: iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 8, iPhone XS

    submitted by /u/AntiquesRoadSh0
    [link] [comments]

    Can I delete purchased books?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 03:59 AM PST

    A few years back Apple was giving away free iBooks and being the hoarder I am I blindly 'purchased' them all for free. Now I books shows BS books books half of which are erotica for women and I want them all cleaned out. Is there any hope whatsoever of being able to permanently remove them from my account, not just delete from my device? I'm tempted to start a brand new iCloud account and all.

    submitted by /u/dingodoyle
    [link] [comments]

    Whatsapp: Dark Widgets?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 07:48 AM PST

    Has dictation or Siri commands changed in iOS 13?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 04:02 AM PST

    This is driving me nuts: I used to be able to ask Siri to "send a text message to Dad" and she would ask me what I wanted to say and send the message. Now she just says "you have to unlock your phone" and then opens the Messages app. Same if I ask her to read my unread messages. Not helpful if you're driving!

    I've gone through the settings to see if something changed ("allow Siri while locked" in enabled), but can't find anything. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/charcoality
    [link] [comments]

    Which program for iOS is this?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 04:39 AM PST

    Which program for iOS is this?

    I found this image on Apple site for iPad mini page. Anyone knows which program this is??

    https://preview.redd.it/fm2vlp7stxa41.png?width=603&format=png&auto=webp&s=593e3969eac3b0e8082b2dd4f74bf995f209867f

    submitted by /u/username13278
    [link] [comments]

    Reminders stopped syncing again

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 07:41 AM PST

    This was broken in iOS 13, finally fixed in iOS 13.3, but now it's back. When I make changes to reminders on my Mac, the change flows to iCloud.com , but not to the phone. If I make a change on the phone, it doesn't get updated anywhere else.

    I tried turning off Reminders from iCloud on the phone. That removed everything. Then I turned it back on, all the reminders showed up on the phone. I mark one as complete, and it doesn't get updated on icloud/Mac.

    I even tried signing out and back in to iCloud on the phone. I rebooted the phone.

    This is madness!

    submitted by /u/robotjon
    [link] [comments]

    I’m getting notifications from a group chat that’s been muted for 3+ years

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 06:49 AM PST

    I've had this group chat muted for 3 years and I've never had an issue with it but now all of a sudden I'm getting notifications for every single text. I told my friends in the chat and one of them said they're having the same issue and iMessage deleted all of his conversations, almost like he got a new phone.

    Is anyone else dealing with this? Obviously I checked my notifications settings and they're all exactly the same as they've been for years.

    submitted by /u/abusivecat
    [link] [comments]

    Accessibility issue!

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 05:50 PM PST

    Hey everyone! I recently upgraded my phone. I have the option available that iOS can read out loud anything I highlight. I upgraded my phone recently and it is completely restored from my old phones backup. But for some reason, I can select any text and hit the speak button. Which was something I set up with my last phone. The options still exists within iMessage. But nothing happens. It works everywhere else. Any suggestions?

    I am on the latest iOS software. And like I said, it works as clockwork everywhere until I am in the messaging app. Doesn't matter if it's iOS or text. I can hit the button, but there is no audio output

    submitted by /u/keithjayallday
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube adds filtering options on iOS to make your backlog less intimidating

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 05:35 AM PST

    what is your way of managing your photo library in terms of backups and devices with not enough storage?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 05:32 AM PST

    So I used to just have all my photos (70gb) on my old iPhone (128gb). now I bought a new phone (64gb) and want to upload my backup to it so I can use it but obviousely the backup is too big due to the photos.
    I'm looking for a way to remove my photo library from the old Iphone and its backup so I can install it on the new one - without losing my photos.

    can you help me? how do you backup your photos? how do you manage having ALL photos backed up and SOME photos on your phone?

    thank you!

    submitted by /u/think_freddy
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth problem

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 05:00 AM PST

    How do I Bluetooth forgotten items, I accidentally forgot my AirPods and I want them to sync again.

    submitted by /u/Meme-lover-663-090
    [link] [comments]

    Screen Time

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 04:42 AM PST

    So i am using Screen Time for over a Year now for my daughter. Yesterday she was able to use WhatsApp longer than intended... ( i know there are some bypass possabilities by now)

    First issue for me is she is trying to enter the screen time code without punishment... iOs should remove screen time (for example or something like this) if she is trying to bypass the code... And i would prefer a 6 digit code... like for the phones to unlock... or an option where she is not able to enter the code, and just can ask for more time Maybe Apple works on some issues or they already did and i didnt noticed Any advices?

    submitted by /u/Antiboss
    [link] [comments]

    Are apps allowed to charge in app purchases without uses Apples system.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 11:19 PM PST

    I have an app that negotiates my bills and as such is signed into my bank account through Plaid.

    The app has a premium charge that I purchased but instead of using the credit card saved in my Apple account that all other apps use it charged directly to my bank.

    Also the Touch ID in app purchase did not show up.

    I believe the app has circumvented Apples in app purchase policy.

    How do I report this?

    submitted by /u/N0t_Just1n
    [link] [comments]

    App reload glitch

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 08:43 PM PST

    For anyone that has been experiencing problems with abs reloading because of poor ram management, I figured out a way to automatically do it all the time. If you are watching a YouTube video go to the Camera app and take a picture and go back to YouTube and it will reload every time. I think Apple really needs to fix this as even until now on my iPhone 11 promax it is still reloading apps at a consistent rate. Does this happen to anybody else? Thanks. Really disappointed.

    submitted by /u/itsonlyascratch
    [link] [comments]

    Help wanted with iPadOS issues.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 10:53 PM PST

    Hello everyone, Over the past few months of using iPadOS, I have encountered some problems that I would like help with. Being completely inept at electronics in general, I'm not sure if it's just me, or if iPadOS is at fault. Some of these have been issues for a while, even before iPadOS, but I figured I may as well compile it into one post. Firstly, I have a very long password. Sometimes, I take too long to type it, and my device just shuts off. I couldn't find a setting to change the lock-screen timeout, but bear in mind that it's not timing out due to inactivity here Secondly, sometimes, when I try to multitask, the app doesn't "stick" to the side of the screen, and my keyboard disappears and doesn't come back without me restarting my device. No idea what's going on here. Thirdly, trying to multitask by dragging an app out of a folder in the dock is now impossible. It doesn't "stick" to the side. Fourthly, I can no longer search for apps by swiping right on the home screen. The widgets are there, but there is no search bar and I couldn't find a setting for it. Fithly, I sometimes drag a tab into Split View in Safari, and I have no idea how to close Split View without closing the tab. And finally, Assistive Touch sometimes gets stuck in the middle of the screen, and cannot be moved without a restart. I also dislike how Caps Lock has been replaced with Language Switch, but I have just learnt to live with that.

    submitted by /u/EH86055
    [link] [comments]

    Older version(9.3) to 12 or 13.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 09:19 PM PST

    I cant upgrade my IOS, even using itunes direct to my pc. I tried downloading when the file is done, still my ios didnt change. how to fix this? thanks!

    submitted by /u/Dizkal
    [link] [comments]

    How do I play music while playing a game on my phone?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 03:23 PM PST

    Every time I open the game, my music stops, and I swipe up and play the music, but it stops again when I swipe back into the game. (iPhone 7)

    submitted by /u/WrinklyPunyGremlin
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with multitask...

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 03:27 PM PST

    So I have some scandalous/nsfw content in my "hidden" photos/videos folder. However, sometimes the multitask shows the contents of the folder. I'd imagine this to be very embarrassing to my SO if my multitask reveals nsfw pictures of her in public, even if for a split second. This happens even if I haven't accessed the folder in a while. Any ideas on how to get this to stop?

    Also, I was wondering if this folder could be locked by passcode? This way, nosey individuals wouldn't be able to access my SO's photos. Thank you, and I'm sorry for the TMI topic.

    submitted by /u/markosverdhi
    [link] [comments]

    hey siri isn’t working on iOS 13.3 iphone 8

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 06:40 PM PST

    the little squiggles that come up when you make a noise are very faint

    voice memos and calling works fine

    submitted by /u/DerpT145
    [link] [comments]

    Just curious: Apple podcast vs Pocketcasts.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 09:34 AM PST

    Which app do you prefer? I use both at the time.

    submitted by /u/Desiree12345
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 Pro iOS 13.3 slow

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 10:22 AM PST

    Hey guys. I just bought a iPhone 11 Pro two days ago. It was running on 13.1.2 when I got it and was very fast. I updated it to 13.3 last night and have noticed some lag on the home screen and when opening apps. Is anybody else having this problem?

    submitted by /u/JacobDziki
    [link] [comments]

    Can't delete photos on iPhone - greyed out trash icon

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 02:42 PM PST

    We have recently upgraded to a new MacBook Pro and new iPhone. We originally transferred our old iPhone's photos to our old computer, then synchronized those photos with our new iPhone via iTunes.

    We have since reformatted both the old iPhone and old MacBook to prepare them to be sold. Today we noticed we are unable to delete any of the old iPhone's photos from our new iPhone.

    What would be the best way to keep the old photos on our new iPhone, but make them delectable in case there are some photos we want to get rid of?

    submitted by /u/UnfairRegister
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel