• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 14, 2020

    Apple iOS Apple's new privacy features have further rattled the location-based ad market - Digiday

    Apple iOS Apple's new privacy features have further rattled the location-based ad market - Digiday


    Apple's new privacy features have further rattled the location-based ad market - Digiday

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 02:07 AM PST

    What’s a great app for me to be able to put my high school classes on, as well as the bell schedule? Looking for something I can use in the widgets bar or maybe if there’s something that does preemptive notifications.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 09:27 PM PST

    Messenger links open in Safari instead of Facebook app

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 04:59 AM PST

    Hi all

    When someone sends me a link to a post on Facebook from Messenger on my iPhone the link always opens in Safari instead of the Facebook app. I am not asked where I would like to open it.

    Does anyone know how to fix this?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/dkscodun
    [link] [comments]

    Battery

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 07:57 AM PST

    Got a phone second hand works great but the battery life if fading Where is a place that can change a battery in it No I don't want to get a new phone

    submitted by /u/Robert-L
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody know why BBC Mundo is their??

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 07:54 AM PST

    https://photos.app.goo.gl/b9DqWGPvjsW2HXVdA

    I just checked screen time and their is this bbc mundo service seating alongside safari for last couple of days. Can't figure out the reason. I didn't install this app from app store. I tried to clear website data from safari but of no use. Please suggest any resolution.

    submitted by /u/chetannote8
    [link] [comments]

    Need help

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 09:48 PM PST

    So I was dating this girl a few months back and I had signed into my Apple ID on her iPhone. But I had signed out of it and she signed back into her own account. Although I just realized under "my devices" in settings her phone was still listed on there. So I deleted her phone off my account. And changed my Apple ID password. So what I wanna know is even if I signed out of my account on her phone and she had signed back into her account months back. Could she still have been able to see all my iMessages, photos, etc. this whole time since her phone was still on my account? I doubt she could have since she wasn't signed in but I just wanna check and make sure?

    submitted by /u/ryanco666
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone free storage problem

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 06:19 AM PST

    iPhone free storage problem

    Hi! I have iPhone 11 Pro 64Gb, and iOS says that it's out of free storage.

    When I enter Settings -> General -> iPhone Storage I can see, that it's only 42 GB of 64 GB is occupied. But when I launch Files app and go to "iPhone" directory, I can see, that it's only 813 MB is available.

    The bad thing is that iCloud photos synchronization is stopped and my apps are started to unload from the phone.

    Where is the problem? It looks like some temporary files haven't been deleted or something like that.

    https://preview.redd.it/wo7eduwx5ra41.jpg?width=590&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=4498c1f726ce994fa367cd28f042b113f20d9937

    https://preview.redd.it/um5ksg816ra41.jpg?width=590&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=4495caefa4d8df76d6994c99bf934dd74d362a3d

    submitted by /u/Paboka
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone keeps switching to default keyboard, despite having deleted all default ones, leaving only Gboard. What can I do to fix this?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 02:59 PM PST

    Is anyone familiar with an iPhone key command that would display Asian characters (instead of US English) on the lock screen?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:28 PM PST

    I ask because my phone all of a sudden did just this when I kind of grabbed it a weird way and the screen came up and I must have brushed against my Touch ID and my phone did not unlock.

    I remember that the Asian character text appeared where the time and date typically appear. Because my phone was half in my hand at the time (and leaning against my other arm), I fumbled a bit to try and get a better grip so that I could take a screenshot and I turned the screen off instead. :/

    Anyway, I have an iPhone 6s Plus and running 12.1.2.

    I'm thinking there is either some kind of weird function that I temporarily enabled, or maybe I have some kind of fishy (phishy) malware.

    Can someone shed any light on this happening for me?

    submitted by /u/Transposer
    [link] [comments]

    Where the hell is Apple going to leave it off for the update because honestly the software terrible

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 08:27 AM PST

    It has been a minute since Apple did it released any software update it has been more than four weeks what's going on

    submitted by /u/newyorkbro992
    [link] [comments]

    URL Scheme for Notes

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 06:28 PM PST

    Found this URL for opening Notes within iOS but does anyone know if you can link it to a specific note?

    mobilenotes://

    submitted by /u/smdifansmfjsmsnd
    [link] [comments]

    Can not access California privacy policies because the text is off the bottom of the screen.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 01:03 AM PST

    Since the law came into effect this month web sites have added boxes at the bottom of the screen with links to their privacy information and the ability to turn off data collection. However, for many sites the links are below the bottom of the screen and will not role up. When trying to role up, the page roles, not the privacy box. It almost feels deliberate. The only choice is to close the box with the "x" at the top right of the box. What's the deal?

    iPhone 11 Pro Max with latest OS.

    submitted by /u/dialleft
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 13.3: iOS Calendar app deletes the invitation mail upon acceptance of invite inside this app on an Outlook/ Exchange/ Office 365 account

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 11:33 PM PST

    Accepting a Calendar invitation received in an Outlook/ Exchange/ Office 365 account from inside the native Calendar app of iOS deletes the invitation email from Inbox. This deletion of mail is not desirable.

    Microsoft does provide this feature (non-deletion of invitation email) in its own Client. Outlook for iOS does not delete the invitation mail if the invite is accepted from inside the iOS Outlook app Calendar section by pressing RSVP. Thus there are APIs exposed on Outlook/ Exchange accounts for use be client apps like iOS Calendar app.

    The initial versions of iOS 13 did allow mails to be retained (and not automatically deleted) even after acceptance of invitation in Calendar app. This feature which was apparently present in the initial versions of iOS 13, has surprisingly vanished from the subsequent versions like iOS 13.3 versions and the mails are getting deleted now.

    Ideally the user should get a configuration option to choose whether the invitation mail should get deleted or retained after accepting the invitation.

    submitted by /u/uandme72
    [link] [comments]

    Edited videos retain original lengths?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:35 PM PST

    Do they forever retain the length when cropping the time it starts and ends or does it have a grace period? If it does retain the time how do you make it more permanent so that way the file doesn't take up as much (presumably it retains the whole file size too?)

    submitted by /u/Darig0n
    [link] [comments]

    "More suggestions will be shown once Messages finishes indexing"

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 10:13 PM PST

    I recently did a factory reset on my iPhone 11 Pro to start fresh but I synced all my messages to iCloud so I could recover them. Since doing the reset I can't search for keywords in my messages anymore which is very frustrating because I work in sales and message new people all the time who I don't want to save in my phone. It just shows the message in the header and this has been going on for 2 days now. Does anyone have a fix or a similar experience?

    Other threads about the same issue have said that they updated their phone and now it's fine but I'm running the latest iOS so that's not an option...

    Under Settings > General > iPhone Storage it shows that my messages take up 1.69gb but I have 8gb of messages in my iCloud. There is nothing to show that the remaining 6.31gb of messages are actually being synced/downloaded to my phone...

    submitted by /u/PeachLemonBerry
    [link] [comments]

    Siri not working since joining apple music. Any fix?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 09:51 PM PST

    Ever since I joined apple music Siri has never been able to play music. She does everything else like telling me the weather or answering questions but can't do anything related to the music app. When I say 'play some music' or 'play x song' she says 'just a sec' and then 'I'm having trouble with the connection'. Tried it on different networks and with apple music and everything else working fine so not sure what's the issue. I even tried restoring my phone but it didn't change anything. Any help?

    submitted by /u/misteryouu
    [link] [comments]

    Turn off battery usage stats?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 03:02 PM PST

    Hi all,

    I was wondering if it's possible to stop the battery usage part of my phone tracking what times and apps I'm using. I find it strange that I can easily turn off screen time, but not this which does almost the exact same thing. I don't wish to be able to see any stats about my battery usage. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/benny246253
    [link] [comments]

    Siri should turn on speakerphone when starting a call handsfree

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 04:41 PM PST

    It's common sense that if you use Siri to start a phone call, you will most likely not be holding your phone to your ear and will need to use the speaker.

    submitted by /u/BusinessPick
    [link] [comments]

    How to get songs from here to there ? (ios 13 & Windows itunes)

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 02:23 PM PST

    iMovie: How can I stop the video from being cropped? (iPhone 11 Pro Max iOS 13.3)

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 09:45 AM PST

    Why does my XR and my 11 have different description under peak performance capability?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:38 PM PST

    I want to do one simple thing: click on a position in text I've written so I can then insert or backspace. Android does this. Why do I have to swipe-pull the cursor on iOS?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 10:32 PM PST

    Never ending iCloud backup

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 06:10 PM PST

    My iPad Pro 9.7 running 13.3 refuses to backup to iCloud, it either sticks on "Estimating time remaining...". Or earlier, after leaving it going for about an hour and showed 2 minutes, then 1 for a further half hour, then started ticking up, an hour after that it was at 5 minutes and I just gave up.

    Network signal's strong, more than enough iCloud storage. Fully restored as a new iPad just yesterday (because of this issue). Nothing seems to work.

    I spoke to Apple Support who ran diagnostics and they said all of my hardware is running perfectly.

    Anyone else come across it?

    https://i.imgur.com/rV7P32q.jpg

    submitted by /u/ConduciveMammal
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel