• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 11, 2020

    Apple Help Leaving MacBook plugged in at 100%

    Apple Help Leaving MacBook plugged in at 100%


    Leaving MacBook plugged in at 100%

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 03:53 PM PST

    I came across this question, and while doing my usual research on the web, I found tons of contradicting information and no credible source. Can someone please help me with this?

    I've read that:

    1. Keeping your Mac plugged in at 100% makes it run on external power, therefore does not use the battery at all. It is also better because it doesn't use up the battery cycles.
    2. Keeping your Mac plugged in at 100% will damage the battery. It can overpower the computer and it's best for the battery to be kept at 30-80%.

    This is a particularly important question for me and hard to find the definite answer.

    submitted by /u/theritualmurder
    [link] [comments]

    How can I remove the emoji button on the keyboard? I’m used to the number/character button filling the whole width. I do not want to remove the emoji keyboard entirely. My old iPhone (and my friend’s iPhone 11 Pro) has the keyboard the way I’d like it

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 05:08 PM PST

    Why does my phone never automatically update?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 05:10 AM PST

    The powerbeats pro usb to lightning cable, that keeps returning...

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 02:06 PM PST

    Hi! I had received a pair of Powerbeat Pro headphones as a christmas gift from my company. I got home and opened the box, everything was perfect. I removed the usb to lightning cable from the packaging which intially stuck to the packaging. I yanked the usb cable and the packaging broke off into the usb cable hole. The cable's come tied around with cardboard, and a piece tucked into the USB opening. It almost look fuzed in I couldn't remove it. I sent it to Apple after a phone call and empty box, they said we'll send you out a 1 for 1 replacement. I received an email case was closed with no solution, then received the box back with my cable. I called and they said that the cable is not an Apple cable (it is). They said they would make "an exception" and send me a new cable, but I don't need to send my cable back again. 3 days later I got an empty box to send my cable back, which I did, only to find the same cable returned to me 2 weeks later. I again called and they said they'd replace the cable and the same b.s. happened a third time.

    I had enough so I called their support and asked for a manager who I spoke to! Debbie was her name-o, and in a very calm and soothingly voice kept telling me that i had a fake powerbeats pro set and fake cable. (its not). I told her I bought one for my wife after I got it as a gift because I liked them so much, and the cables are identical. She said i'm out of luck, even though I was lied to 3 times by Support, telling me i was receiving a cable.

    What can I do to escalate this issue? I'm furious with apple, it's a cheap part, but i just came from Android world and this never happened before.

    submitted by /u/RuckusStudios
    [link] [comments]

    So I accidentally switched to the Russian store and...

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 07:37 PM PST

    When I tried to go back to the US it said I needed to get rid of my 15 cents before I could switch back, but they don't use cents over there. What do I do?

    submitted by /u/DragonSlasher07
    [link] [comments]

    Ramifications of an Apple ID suspension after chargeback?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 04:25 PM PST

    I talked to an Apple rep for about an hour after trying to get a refund for an automatic app renewal charge ($40), which I canceled the day it was set to renew. They refused to refund me and refused to tell me why. I am contemplating filing a dispute with PayPal, but the Apple rep heavily implied that I'm going to be punished if I do that. So my question is, if my Apple ID gets suspended, does that mean I just have to change my ID to a different email and/or change my credit card? Or is this something more permanent?

    If all else fails, I can live with the app for a year, but I'm kind of irritated because I don't really need it and I'll be reminded of my irritation with Apple every time I see it.

    submitted by /u/EdwardDoheny
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 small crack noticed right out of the box

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 09:58 PM PST

    Hi! I bought a new iphone 11 a couple of days ago and noticed such a defect right out of the box, did anyone come across similar things? It looks like a small problem, but I can't stop thinking about it. There's a small crack or a dent in the rim frame right above the upper camera lens

    https://preview.redd.it/d5pm96nbfaa41.jpg?width=2048&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=21c103a5b1d8f46784efcd22d8cdc8fb3cbc6141

    submitted by /u/quaquasauros
    [link] [comments]

    Do any current 3rd party monitors support Apple's native keyboard brightness controls?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 09:41 PM PST

    And also go to sleep without any annoying OSD messages about "sleep" or "no video." I miss these little things about the Cinema display.

    thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/candyman420
    [link] [comments]

    I accidentally deleted an iMessage convo on my iPhone, but the whole convo is still on my 6s plus. Is there any way to get it from the 6s and put it all on the 11?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 09:37 AM PST

    I accidentally deleted a text conversation on my iPhone 11. However, my 6s Plus has the convo still in my messages. It has every text since the convo started till even now. My question is, how can I get the convo from my 6s plus and get it back on my 11. Is it possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    (side note: itunes on my laptop keeps saying " could not connect to this iphone, an unknown error occurred" every time I go to plug in my 11.)

    submitted by /u/Kuriboh4000
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anywhere where I can check the percentage* of my battery health?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 09:31 PM PST

    Catalina: How can I make the character viewer return to appearing as a popover rather than a window?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 09:08 PM PST

    My character viewer (brought up by ⌃ + ⌘ + Space) has started appearing as a window rather than a popover at the position of the cursor in recent months and I can't for the life of me recall what caused this change. It's been bugging me a lot and I'd like to get it to go back to being a popover that goes away with Esc, is there some setting for this that I'm simply overlooking?

    Maybe I'm also just missing the right keywords but my Google-fu has also been failing me in finding the means to control this behaviour.

    I just bought a new Mac and it was working as I'd like it to until I restored my Time Machine backup of my old Mac, and then it's been back to this.

    I'm on:

    • 16" MacBook Pro, 2019
    • macOS Catalina 10.15.2

    Thanks in advance!

    https://preview.redd.it/95ao3l0yw9a41.png?width=870&format=png&auto=webp&s=bd82998d56d725ca7960b624e4722e7bd83f780a

    submitted by /u/PerturbedThought
    [link] [comments]

    System Preferences icon no longer appears

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 09:01 PM PST

    A couple days ago, my Mac wasn't able to force quit Safari or System Preferences after they both froze, and it wouldn't restart or shut down either. So I powered it off by holding the power button. After that, my system preferences icon stopped loading no matter what I do.

    submitted by /u/JakeHassle
    [link] [comments]

    Matrix looking writing flashed on screen???

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 07:57 PM PST

    Okay I'm aware that I sound crazy town but I'm freaking out. Has anybody ever been doing something on their phone and suddenly the screen quickly flashes black with green writing?? Literally identical to the writing from The Matrix movie.... I've searched online and nothing has come up. 😬😬 iPhone XR, running latest software

    submitted by /u/dandyydan
    [link] [comments]

    Can you use the new macbook 16 inch as a second monitor for imac 5k 2017?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 07:54 PM PST

    Bootcamp partition size wont go above a random number.

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 03:52 PM PST

    Ok, so I'm bootcamping my 2017 macpro with 121GB of space, 70.36 GB of which are currently available. When I got to disc utility I can create a partition up to 70.36 GB, but when I run Bootcamp Assistant, it will only let me go up to 47 GB. Why is this, and is there a way around it, I really need a larger Windows partition than 47 GB - the OS.

    Edit: forgot to mention, creating a separate partition on the Windows side afterwords and using that along with the normal disc drive wont work, as I need contiguous storage for larger files.

    submitted by /u/Dalmaron
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to decide on purchasing MacBook Air?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 07:28 PM PST

    Hi! Im a student and Im looking to have a new laptop. Im looking at the current basic model of the macbook air. I am in college and only use my computer for word docs and things of that nature. However I want a computer that will last me a while, but something small and lightweight enough to bring to class with me. Do you recommend the macbook? Ive always had HP and android devices but am slowly started to transition to apple. Already own the Iphone X and the watch. Anything I can do on HP that I cant do on Mac? or Vice versa? Any tips, info, or advice would be appreciated. Also best place to buy them? I trust buying from the apple store but heard I can get better pricing from costco, best buy, etc. or possibly apples refurbished section?

    submitted by /u/dispiritednucleus
    [link] [comments]

    Way to remap commands on my MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 07:09 PM PST

    I want to change a command on my MacBook Pro, which is instead of pressing ⌃tab to switch in between tabs and ⌘tab to switch in between apps, I want to swap these controls around. Is this possible?

    submitted by /u/McQuillus23
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone X randomly drops reception

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 03:00 PM PST

    This started a few months ago. My phone will have full bars, suddenly the bars will go grey for a second and then slowly turn from 1x to 3g to LTE. This has been happening to me on three different carriers (Verizon, Sprint, and Visible).

    I'm assuming that it is a hardware issue, but I figured that I would post here in the offchance that its a simple setting that I can just change.

    Thanks in advance for the help.

    submitted by /u/lanceparth
    [link] [comments]

    5120 x 1440 on a 2019 Macbook Pro 13'' .... How to achieve?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 06:17 PM PST

    I've got a 2019 Macbook Pro 13'' and have it plugged into a 49" CRG9 Dual QHD Curved QLED Gaming Monitor (model number LC49RG90SSNXZA). I am using the one and only cable that Apple sells on its own website by Moshi that is capable of 5K resolution.

    My Macbook Pro can only get the display to 3840 x 1080. I don't get an option for its native resolution of 5120 x 1440. My Macbook Pro is in clamshell mode (closed) and only one monitor is plugged in (the 49'' Samsung).

    Apple's website states that the 2019 Macbook Pro 13'' can achieve one display with 5120‑by‑2880 resolution at 60Hz. I am unable to achieve anywhere near that and max out at 3840 x 1080.

    The monitor can achieve its full resolution with no issues on a Macbook Pro 16'' and a windows machine. I have confirmed both by plugging it in and using the same cable I use on my 13'' Macbook Pro 2019.

    Does anyone know if this is achievable and/or possible? Is Apple's spec sheet lying about its capabilities? I've tried those override apps for selecting custom resolutions and all that does is scale to the resolution and makes everything look horrible.

    Have anyone else had luck with this? Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/phil2146
    [link] [comments]

    Just noticed this.Is this a dead pixel?This is a MacBook Pro Late 2011 13 inch.

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 07:42 AM PST

    Dropped my iPad in a life proof case. HOW DO I FIX THIS!! HELP!!

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 05:48 PM PST

    Macbook Pro Recovery still linked to my old Apple ID

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 05:37 PM PST

    Hi Guys,

    I really need your help! So today I try to reinstal my Macbook Pro 2019, I access Disk Recovery from Restart and press Command + R to access that.

    But the problem is when I try to delete Macintosh HD, it request login from my old email Apple ID which is I already updated long time ago. It request to login to turn off Finy My Mac.

    I cant access the desktop anymore which is already delete Macintosh HD - Data before?

    Can you guys help?

    submitted by /u/vpners
    [link] [comments]

    Photos re-scanning all my photos after iCloud restore?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 05:29 PM PST

    Hey all,

    Long story short, I got my phone stolen at a concert last week, so I got a new iPhone 11. Instead of starting fresh, I restored from my most recent iCloud backup.

    Well, now the Photos app is re-scanning all of my photos (I'm a photographer, so I have a ton) for the People album... why is this? Is this data not backed up on iCloud?

    Strangely, the Photos app on my MacBook Pro is also re-scanning all my photos for the people album. My only question is why? Everything was all scanned a 2 weeks ago, so what happened?

    The weirdest part is my iPhone and my MacBook are showing two different progress levels: 24,646 with 129,371 remaining and 8,567 with 164,075 remaining, respectively.

    Also, what's with the difference of 18,625 photos between the two Photos apps? As far as I know, very few (if any at all) of my photos aren't currently backed up and in the iCloud Photo Library.

    So... what gives? Despite having both devices connected to power and both apps inactive, neither of these numbers have changed in the last few days!

    Any ideas/advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

    submitted by /u/frozyo
    [link] [comments]

    Link Repeating Calendar Events (Make repeating event occur a few days before another repeating event)

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 05:18 PM PST

    Is there a way to link repeating calendar events? Like, it is helpful you have get something to repeat the 2nd Wednesday of every month, but can you make an event to occur 3 days before that? I can approximate it with the 2nd Sunday of every month, but that ends up being a week late almost as often as it is correct.

    submitted by /u/JJCalem
    [link] [comments]

    Function keys/escape key & some trackpad functions stopped working

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 04:43 PM PST

    On my MacBook Air 13-inch (Early 2015) running macOS 10.14, for a short period of time all of the keys in the function row (including escape and power) stopped working, and some functions (multiple finger swipes) stopped working on the trackpad. All other keys and normal trackpad functions worked fine. The issue was solved by restarting, however, I am wondering what might have caused this and how I can prevent it from happening in the future.

    submitted by /u/I_Mr_Spock
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel