• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 5, 2019

    macOS I miss the days of the old Twitter Mac app. Specific windows for different sections, auto scrolling when a new tweet comes in. I'm not sure an iPad app works better than that did.

    macOS I miss the days of the old Twitter Mac app. Specific windows for different sections, auto scrolling when a new tweet comes in. I'm not sure an iPad app works better than that did.


    I miss the days of the old Twitter Mac app. Specific windows for different sections, auto scrolling when a new tweet comes in. I'm not sure an iPad app works better than that did.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 02:35 PM PST

    Strange terminal prompt that isn't my own?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 08:43 PM PST

    So I just downloaded Catalina a few days ago, and I'm pretty sure I haven't used the terminal in about a week. Upon opening it, I found that instead of my normal prompt of something like "(myname)s-Macbook-Pro $ ", I'm getting

    "(myuserid)@MaryLouMacBook2 ~ %"

    I've never met another MaryLou, so this is awfully concerning. I bought this computer new from Best Buy about one year ago, and nobody else (as far as I know) has had access to this computer, so nobody else would've logged on to any of their accounts. If anyone has any ideas of what might be going on, please let me know! Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Cosmickampas
    [link] [comments]

    unable to update xcode via app store

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 08:53 PM PST

    Is there a direct link or torrent for the newest xcode for catalina please? tried to google it to no avail

    submitted by /u/haha_supadupa
    [link] [comments]

    Does an encrypted DMG image use same encryption technology/software as FileVault 2

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 03:39 PM PST

    Ive got a few folders that i encrypted to DMG images (Selecting AES 256 algorithm) on Catalina.

    If creating a encrypting DMG image of a folder - is using the same software/technology as how FileVault 2 performs full disk encryption on hard drive, the only difference being that its File based encryption rather then Full disk encryption.

    Does this statement seem correct or is it a totally different software/techology implementation ?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/mailboxdavidb
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to downgrade to Mojave without having to backup?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 07:10 AM PST

    Catalina might be the worst macOS update I've ever experienced, with random app crashes and whole system freezing.
    On the other hand, I really don't feel like reinstalling Adobe CC, Office, etc.

    I have a Time Capsule at my office -- is it possible to restore from a Catalina backup with Mojave?

    submitted by /u/correct01
    [link] [comments]

    QuickActions not showing

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 02:35 PM PST

    Catalina keeps adding apps to my Dock, how do I stop this?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 12:54 AM PST

    Just upgraded to Catalina yesterday and everything is smooth. One thing is really bugging me, every time I open an app and close it, the app icon remains in my Dock in a separate section than my other apps. I have to manually right click and select remove from Dock to make it go away. Problem is, it stays again the next time.

    How do I get rid of this?

    submitted by /u/Cyclonedx
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS Catalina on MBPr not logging in to public wifi hotspots

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 12:31 AM PST

    MacOS Catalina on MBPr not logging in to public wifi hotspots

    Rather annoying that this comes up every time I attempt to log in to a public wifi hotspot in somewhere like Starbucks etc.

    I do have iPass software installed, and am tempted to uninstall this to see if that isolates the problem.

    Anybody else had the same issue?

    https://preview.redd.it/dqrz7imvzr241.jpg?width=908&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=702c648ca6b3cad177a1f9543f50b5bc637fbed5

    submitted by /u/sandbox_runner
    [link] [comments]

    number of on-screen time for Macbook Pro 13-inch

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 11:11 PM PST

    number of on-screen time for Macbook Pro 13-inch

    Hi, I am having a 13-inch MBP without touch bar. Can anyone share their experience on how many hours they could use on their mac? I tend to use only for about 5 hours non-stop browsing, is this normal (apple says it can go up to 10 hours lol)?

    I have been using my mac for almost 1.2 years, and the design capacity seemed to deteriorate faster than expected. can anyone advise?

    https://preview.redd.it/zj5bj77alr241.png?width=520&format=png&auto=webp&s=1c0b30c8890aec12a5215c383305c5218a3ae42b

    I have 388 charge cycles:

    https://preview.redd.it/r2i5ksgetr241.png?width=520&format=png&auto=webp&s=cad01fcfd18c82e6617e4ca463aae4707b2c986f

    submitted by /u/betacircle
    [link] [comments]

    Music on Catalina unable to see local music files?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 01:12 PM PST

    I have a ~80gb music collection of local files that, after updating to Catalina, the Music app simply refuses to "see." I've gone into the settings, and pointed it to the correct directory, chosen the right music library, etc -- but the Music app won't show them.

    I've been in touch with Apple support and they are completely mystified. So if anyone here has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/gphs
    [link] [comments]

    Set up user permissions

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 06:15 AM PST

    Good morning (or afternoon).

    I work in IT (mostly Linux) and we have a bunch of "mac a1466 with MacOS Catalina 10.15.1" to deliver to my future bosses (change of management). The guy who knew how to work with mac os quit, so here i am.

    We need to create users who have administrative rights to almost everything (mostly installing printers) except delete users (cause last time we gave the devices the users deleted the admin account and made our lives a living hell). I tried searching in other forums and the Apple website, but to no avail.

    If anyone can help me here it will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/dk1988
    [link] [comments]

    Is there no way to import media using Home Sharing anymore?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 05:02 PM PST

    I see no Import button in Music in Catalina but their article says it's possible.

    submitted by /u/zmarffy
    [link] [comments]

    Mail archived when deleted (Apple Mail / Gmail)

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 09:14 AM PST

    Using Apple Mail w/ GMail accounts, i often have to delete mail twice... once from inbox, and again from archive. It's really frustrating. I have gone through the setting many times, with no success (on both iPhone, & Mac).

    Anyone know of a solution to this?

    submitted by /u/11201ny
    [link] [comments]

    Seeking right-click Adobe Acrobat functionality in macOS Catalina

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 08:46 AM PST

    As a former Windows user, I relied quite heavily on the right-click menus that allowed me to easily convert an O365 document to PDF, or that would allow me to select multiple multiple documents of varying formats and then right click in order to get a prompt to combine them into a single PDF.

    I can't find or figure out how to enable this type of functionality in macOS Catalina. From Finder, I can right-click a Word document, for example, and I *think* this function would be under Quick Actions, which simply says "Customize." When I click through, I get the Extensions panel in System Preferences, and under Finder, all four boxes are indeed checked (Create PDF, Markup, Trim and Rotate), but I'm assuming I can't use any of those options with a .docx file since I'm only seeing "Customize."

    So am I missing something? TIA for the assistance; this sub and its Redditors have been life savers as I've successfully made the transition from Windows to macOS.

    FWIW, a legal copy of Adobe Creative Cloud is installed, including Adobe Acrobat.

    submitted by /u/dharmamonkey-dc
    [link] [comments]

    Isolating permissions on an APP

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 10:59 AM PST

    Hi, I am looking to isolate the permissions on an APP. I have already tried within the security & permissions tab on my MacBook, but I wonder if there is a program or something that can block an app from accessing documents or other areas of the computer.

    Full disclosure: I want the APP to ONLY be able to access microphone and camera, I don't trust their software and want to block anything else. Unfortunately, it's not an option to quit right now as it is pretty good money. I hope someone can help clear up if this is a possibility or not.

    Thanks :-)

    submitted by /u/tormentosarosa
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth upgrading to Catalina?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 08:38 AM PST

    macbook Air 2017 in use.

    I've read many bad reviews about Catalina but I still want to upgrade because I have this unfixed issue where my screen flickers when in full screen (netflix, yt etc). However, I've also read that you can't use ublock anymore which is kind of a big deal for me. What do you guys think about Catalina and does anybody know a good alternative for ublock for Catalina?

    submitted by /u/escopablo
    [link] [comments]

    Do you think triple-tapping a message in Messages should do what it does, or do you think it should preview your most recent chat history (like it does when with Haptic Touch in iOS)?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 06:24 AM PST

    LMK what you think! I think the iOS style preview would be better.

    submitted by /u/con_ker
    [link] [comments]

    So. . . is there any chance that macOS are going to support 32bit software again?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 01:25 PM PST

    Title says it all.

    There are some apps that are still 32bit, left behind by their developers, but still too important to not use them.

    Is there any chance that macOS Catalina is going to support them again? I'm still on Mojave

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/MyWriterSide
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel