• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 3, 2019

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [December 03]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [December 03]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [December 03]

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 08:07 PM PST

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    A bullet went through this iPhone 11 Pro Max and yet the display is still powered on.

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 08:27 PM PST

    Apples clear case for the 11 pro max cracking after having it 2 months. Strongly suggest not buying it. ( cracked from removing phone from case not dropping it)

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 09:06 PM PST

    Simply Check Battery Charge Cycle Count Directly from iPhone

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 09:29 AM PST

    I know people use Macbooks or 3utools to check the battery charge cycle but if you don't have a Macbook, there is a simple way to check the battery count right from your phone.

    Go to Settings - Privacy - Analytics & Improvements

    Make sure Share iPhone & Watch Analytics is TURNED ON.

    Click on Analytics Data

    Scroll down to log-aggregated-2019-12-01-xxxxxx.ips (or whatever the latest date file is)

    Select the entire text and copy to Notes app.

    Save by clicking Done. Now click on the box with top arrow and click on "Find in Note" and type "BatteryCycleCount"

    The number that's shows up is the battery charge cycle.

    Hope this helps. Attached is the screenshot of the screens.

    https://imgur.com/a/503afWY

    submitted by /u/nayabkl
    [link] [comments]

    Analyst: Apple to Release Four iPhones in Fall 2020 with 5G and OLED

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 06:15 PM PST

    Apple announce the first-ever Apple Music Awards.

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 03:32 AM PST

    Apple Express Transit has just been rolled out in the UK today allowing TFL contactless payments to be made without requiring Face/Touch ID

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 07:14 AM PST

    I use the large phones less often

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 07:44 PM PST

    I notice that I use the larger phones less often. My little one was so comfortable, and so accessible, that I was borderline addicted to it, always having it in one hand and multitasking with it while doing anything. Now that the larger one is more cumbersome, I simply like taking breaks from it altogether. It gives my hands a break. And I also find that when I do use it, because it's more immersive, I feel as though the experience is more pleasant, and therefore when I'm not using it I'm missing the experience less (I got a better fix, so to speak....)

    I know some of this might sound counterintuitive, but that's exactly why I thought it would make for an interesting post.

    submitted by /u/con_ker
    [link] [comments]

    Lock Screen Notifications

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 06:29 AM PST

    Hi, there used to be a feature where if you cleared a text on your lock screen, it would clear the badge in your messages too and would also clear and preceding messages within the same convo. This seems to have disappeared in the latest iOS, as now it does not clear the badge on the message app. I liked it so I could mark a message as read without actually having to open my phone. Any way to restore this?

    submitted by /u/pihnt23
    [link] [comments]

    Apples iPhone battery life Comparison site

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 09:50 AM PST

    Trying to "compare" the battery life on the phones using Apples site is a joke. This is literally what the site says for the battery life under Compare.

    • Pro Max is 5hrs more than iPhone Xs Max
    • Xs Max = 1.5hrs more than iPhone X
    • iPhone X = 2hrs more than iPhone7
    • 7 is 2hrs more than a 6s
    • 6s has no battery time listed....

    Nothing gives an actual time and the Est for the 6s is just blank. What kind of bullshit is this?

    submitted by /u/K2961
    [link] [comments]

    Why my call icon is there

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 07:12 AM PST

    New converted user , any tips.

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 08:36 PM PST

    Hey guys , I've been Android since it's inception ten years ago but somehow got tired from all the rooting and Samsung TouchWiz problems etc . Just wanted something like Samsung in terms of display but having even better features here controlling the phone I was surprised. Can say was one fan now I'm growing to be another.

    Any tips.for iPhone 11 ?? I just discovered Fetch option which on Android is called Sync which was nice to scale it down a bit.

    submitted by /u/PussiLover
    [link] [comments]

    What happens when I remove a device that’s connected to my Apple ID?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 11:38 AM PST

    Hi, I have a random question. On my iPhone it shows all the devices that my Apple ID is connected to, one of which is my exes iPad. If I remove that device does he get notified that I removed it or does it just get removed?

    submitted by /u/Mariannev182
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 Pro Max Night Mode Photos Have Been Trash (so far)

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 12:00 PM PST

    iPhone 11 Pro Max Night Mode Photos Have Been Trash (so far)

    Recently I switch back to the iPhone from being on Android the past 8 years. I had a Galaxy 4, Note 5, Pixel 2, and Pixel 3a. It has been a decent phone it has fantastic hardware (as iPhone always had). However, compared to my Pixel Devices the night images have been very disappointing. I switched over to the iPhone this year because I felt google dropped the ball and I wanted to give the iPhone another run. All the reviews I read comparing the two phones/cameras depicted near equal image quality with the iPhone being the more well rounded and versatile option. With a wide-angle, better video camera and better low light photos. The camera among a few other upgrades was my main motive for switching. Unfortunately, I have been very disappointed with all my night photos they have all been muddy and utterly useless (IMO). Unless there is a very clear subject that you're shooting. What has your experience been with the iPhone cameras? Any other past Pixel users feeling let down?

    https://preview.redd.it/q8l4fossy9241.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=3053e03523e20962c6e5abae5dbdd93d9c0d224d

    https://preview.redd.it/z85b6xssy9241.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=c1ba36370a5cf8425a8d8a4f79dfbc70adcc432c

    https://preview.redd.it/i4prh3ssy9241.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=79c4d42de94c8e4aa5e968ee02cfcd559ad21a8f

    https://preview.redd.it/fz8be3ssy9241.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=81a1ed74a7e3283d3057302c05cfbff1512bf92f

    https://preview.redd.it/0ld703ssy9241.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=8d46407a3f0022dabdf7bdfe29c033c7959247e3

    submitted by /u/sercheeco
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel