• Breaking News

    Monday, December 2, 2019

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [December 02]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [December 02]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [December 02]

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 08:09 PM PST

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Learned something new

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 08:30 PM PST

    Redditing On iPhone

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 10:39 AM PST

    So, I'm a recent convert. Traded in my S10+ for an iPhone 11 Pro Max, and so far so good. Everything is so smooth, and I'm not constantly accidentally touching the sides of the screen.

    Anyhow, one of the primary functions of my phone is a Reddit machine. I rarely use Reddit on desktop, so it's primarily mobile. My favorite Android app for Reddit, 'Reddit is Fun' I've used for years and have really gotten used to the layout and the format of.

    Moving to iPhone, I downloaded Apollo, Bacon Reader, and the official Reddit App. I definitely like Apollo the best.

    But the issue I have is that when I'm laying in my bed, reading Reddit at night until I fall asleep (yes, probably unhealthy, but it's been a habit for like 6 years now) is that my iPhone's screen gets so dim, it's kind of tough to read the text, no matter what Reddit app I'm using. I think the biggest issue is that the separation between posts, it's kind of hard to discern between posts, the dividing lines are hard to make out between them when scrolling through say the front page.

    So, is there a certain configuration of an app I'm missing that will help with this? Thanks for any help.

    Edit: Well, not only did a discussion generate around our favorite Reddit apps, but I solved my problem. TIL: I can adjust brightness without messing up the auto brightness. Works a charm. Thanks for all the input, everyone!

    submitted by /u/Skullman7809
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 Hong Kong version?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 07:00 PM PST

    Hi all

    Google Pixel 2 user thinking of making the switch :)

    I live in Portugal and I'm visiting Hong Kong, and it seems the iPhone 11 here is cheaper.

    While at the store, they told me the Hong Kong version here had dual Sim capability. Is this the only difference with other versions ? The rest of all the electronics and the network chip is the same ? I want to make sure it'll work with all the bands European iPhone support. Couldn't find a page online outlining differences.

    Also, the Apple care program, is this something that's global ? I was told it would work, but in case of replacements for example I might get the European version as an exchange instead.

    Thanks for the help !

    submitted by /u/stephanemaarek
    [link] [comments]

    TIL: if you enable "Larger Accessibility Sizes" in Accessibility & set it to a certain size, holding a statusbar item shows you a pop-up for better readability. [iOS Accessibility Feature]

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 03:19 PM PST

    How has your iPhone held up without a case?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 04:24 PM PST

    Title. I'm debating whether I should use a case with my 11 pro max.

    submitted by /u/lew161096
    [link] [comments]

    Which app should I use?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 06:25 PM PST

    I've just bought an iPhone for the first time after always using Android. Is the Reddit app the best app on iPhone? The other I'm considering is Apollo. Is there another?

    submitted by /u/baisforbethanyalice
    [link] [comments]

    94% battery condition, is this normal?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 06:27 PM PST

    I bought a new iPhone 7 about a month and a half ago and today i checked its battery condition and it's down to just 94% is this normal? Or am i doing something that is causing the battery to degrade quicker?

    submitted by /u/Aperalta1
    [link] [comments]

    Oops !

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 10:07 AM PST

    Just switched to an iPhone 11 Pro - from a decade of android use...what I like and dislike.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 12:41 PM PST

    A few things I miss:

    • Notification grouping and general sleekness, organization.
    • "mark as read" on messages
    • Dark mode gmail
    • Sync Pro (reddit app)
    • cleaner home screen and widgets
    • Android Auto is 100x better than Carplay
    • Texting from a browser

    Things I love so far:

    • Hardware
    • Optimization of apps
    • Battery Life
    • Camera
    • iMessage is a lot of fun
    • Small quality of life things that make the phone feel premium
    • Physical store locations for when you run into issues

    If anyone has solutions for the few things above that, would be great.

    submitted by /u/zalemam
    [link] [comments]

    TIL you can preserve scrolling momentum by quickly pausing mid-scroll.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 03:42 PM PST

    You do this by tap holding the screen while the scroll is still in full speed, it somehow preserves the speed it had so when you flick to scroll again it has a higher starting scroll speed. You can achieve ridiculous scrolling speeds through this.

    Example. Notice the scroll bar on the right.

    Edit: Apparently it's a widely documented feature considering the downvotes.

    submitted by /u/YZJay
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know why apple haven’t make color cases (outside of white and black) for the iPhone 11??

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 10:57 AM PST

    Voice control keeps popping up at random without any input.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 01:29 PM PST

    iPhone 11 Pro vs. Midrange mirrorless camera

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 05:02 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel