• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 4, 2019

    iPad Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 12/04

    iPad Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 12/04


    Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 12/04

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 08:37 AM PST

    Welcome to r/iPad' Discussion and Tech-Support Thread!

    Discuss here anything that's iPad related. You can suggest or ask about iPad apps, accessories, post about your iPad art, tips & tricks etc.

    Get help regarding any issues you might be having with your iPad, with your applications, your accessories, physical and software problems, etc. Fellow redditors and members of the mod team will do their best to assit you.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous D&TS threads listed below, or with the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before.


    Later on, please consider giving back by answering other people's questions when you can!

    Click here to see past D&TS threads.
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly 'What should I buy?' Thread - 12/04

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 08:37 AM PST

    Welcome to r/iPad's 'What Should I Buy?' Thread!


    Are you wondering which iPad is best for you? Are you hesitating between the 12.9" versus the 11"? Which keyboard should you get or what is the best screen protector out there? This is the place to ask. Fellow redditors and members of the mod team will do their best to assist you.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous WSIB threads listed below, or with the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before.


    Later on, please consider giving back by answering other people's questions when you can!

    Click here to see past WSIB threads.
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Scanned in pages from my anatomy coloring book. Honestly looks better on the iPad.

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 07:29 PM PST

    iPad Game of the Year, Hyper Light Drifter: dev post on how to get a near-console experience on iPad Pro :)

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 09:59 AM PST

    How to draw diagrams on the iPad (seriously easy) | Goodnotes 5

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 01:48 AM PST

    How do you avoid pressing the home button when writing landscape on the iPad Air 3 and some iPad Pros?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 11:26 AM PST

    I have a case for my iPad that keeps the pencil attached to the case. The design of the case makes it annoying to flip the landscape 180 degree so that the home button is on the left rather than the right. I'm right handed so as I write towards the ride of the screen, my knuckle inadvertently presses the home button and causes my writing app to close. I was wondering if anyone had any settings or any advice to decrease the frequency of pushing the home button as I write. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/DrRoer
    [link] [comments]

    Using 7th Gen iPad for phone calls/texts?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 09:37 AM PST

    Just started a new job where one component is working with teens/young adults. Yesterday my boss brought me an iPad 7th gen they purchased. They want me to set it up so staff can text (and maybe call but mostly text) the kids without using their personal cell phones to do so. I'm supposed to be researching different carriers and plans to do this.

    I'm not an Apple person so I'm a bit over my head on this. Google says that iPads have an internal phone number but not one you can receive calls on? And I'm setting this up independent of any one person's phone. I'm seeing plan options for data and service for a tablet without a phone so I assume that's possible (with an upcharge probably.) Would a cellular carrier be able to assign a number to it without linking to a phone?

    Is Google Voice something that could be used to make the iPad function like a cell for texting and calls?

    I don't even know if I'm asking the right questions. Any insight you can offer would be great.

    submitted by /u/sarahhopefully
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best text-to-speech reader for articles on iPad?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 01:05 PM PST

    I've been experimenting with the native accessibility options, but the screen reader usually only outputs whatever text is above the fold and also includes junk elements like navigation menu text. I realize that you can manually select text for it to speak, but this is tedious for long articles or complicated layouts. It also doesn't provide playback controls or background play. Currently, I have to share articles to Pocket and then listen to them there, but I'd like to cut out the extra step don't need to save every article I want to hear.

    A one-click option from the share menu would be ideal. There's an Android app called Say It that handles this beautifully. It parses the page first and strips it down to only the text of the article, then it plays it in the app with playback controls and background play.

    Does something like this exist for iOS? I've browsed the App Store and most of the options only play text from files or the clipboard. None of them seem to speak entire pages directly via share.

    submitted by /u/crod242
    [link] [comments]

    Getting the Most Out of My iPad Mini 2

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 08:58 AM PST

    EDIT — Ignore the title, I have an iPad Mini 1 running iOS 9.3.5, I don't know why I thought it was the 2...

    Hi, what would be the best solution for getting the most out of my old iPad Mini 1. The only streaming app I can get to work is Amazon Prime Video. I'd like to be able to do more... I know it's a sluggish antiquated system, but, I'm unemployed at the moment so I can't afford to upgrade. Would jailbreaking be the best option? If so, what are must-haves & must-dos when it comes to jailbreaking? I haven't done so in probably 8 years. I'd appreciate any information anyone can provide me to hell me out.

    submitted by /u/CarPeriscope
    [link] [comments]

    Is the iPad 10.2in really not worth it?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 02:17 PM PST

    I've bought an iPad 10.2in 128GB online, and I'll be receiving it in a couple of weeks!... then I've seen different reviews from the internet and most of them are negative towards the new iPad 2019 model. I do have an iPad currently, but it's an iPad mini 1.

    I was actually wanting an iPad mini 5th gen 64GB but iPad 10.2in 128GB model went on sale down up to around AU$530 (not exact) while the iPad 10.2in 32GB model was originally AU$525. I'm totally confused now.

    Many people states that 6th gen is much better, or better buy a used iPad Pro 2018.... Or for just a little more money you could buy an iPad mini 5th gen (but 64GB only, but with better chipset and portability)

    HELP

    submitted by /u/yashinodon
    [link] [comments]

    New ipad coming soon is it worth to wait or get the ipad pro 12,9 or 11 inch

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 01:47 PM PST

    Title says it all

    Tell me please!

    submitted by /u/jayrijah123
    [link] [comments]

    Need Advice: iPad 10in + Apple Pencil 2 or iPad Pro + Apple Pencil 2?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 01:15 PM PST

    So, I didn't realize this until today, that the current model of the base iPad supports the Pencil 2 (please correct me if I'm wrong).

    My interest is purely in drawing and creating art on the device. I play D&D, and I'm a very visual person, so I find it faster / easier to sketch out what something looks like, rather than describe it (plus who wouldn't want to draw all the fantastical things you experience in D&D?)

    My question is: How is the experience in creating drawings/art using a standard iPad vs an iPad pro? Is there a huge difference between the two? Is there anything I'd be missing from the iPad Pro that is critical to the experience?

    I've handled both devices (I work in IT in EDU) but I want to get a creatives perspective on using it. I'm leaning towards the iPad 10in for budget reasons mostly, and want to make sure it's going to be "just as good" if not only "a little less then" the iPad Pro in terms of the drawing experience.

    submitted by /u/_Amazing_Wizard
    [link] [comments]

    the difference between Apple pencil 1 and Heiyo surface pen

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 12:26 PM PST

    before I shared with the difference between apple 2 vs Microsoft surface pen guys and today I want to share with you the difference between apple pencil 1 vs Heiyo surface pen

    feature apple pencil 1 Heiyo surface pen
    Length 6.92 inches (175.5 mm) 5.7 inches (144.78 mm)
    Weight 0.73 ounces (20.7 grams) 0.64 ounces (18.1 grams)
    Battery life 12 hours 500 hours
    charging time 30 minutes 4 hrs
    Connection type Bluetooth nothing
    pressure sensitivity high 4096

    and if you have any quastion about apple pencil 1 vs Heiyo surface pen you can ask me in the comments

    submitted by /u/Hamadani95
    [link] [comments]

    iPad 7ths Gen Audio Issues HELP.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 11:58 AM PST

    Currently own iPad 6th Gen and 7th Gen.

    I purchased a 7th gen for my parents to use the karaoke app called Smule. For some reason, the microphone using the any earphone or headphone is very very very sensitive. It is as if I have a condenser microphone. Picks up everything. I have made adjustments and still the same issue. All are software updated of course. I also made changes with the Smule volumes. Even when low, it is still sensitive. When the volume is high on the ipad itself, its worst!

    I have been using Smule with the 6th gen ipad and works flawlessly with any earpiece. No adjustments or sensitivity issues. Sounds great. Even with the ipad volume at max, it still sounds amazing.

    To me, this seems like a hardware issue. I have time to return this. Please reply when able.

    submitted by /u/OpsBroYea
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro 11 inch 2018 speakers issue

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 11:18 AM PST

    I get a felling the top speakers are louder and higher pitch than the bottom speakers which seems to be lower volume and have more bass.

    Is this right, definitely I can hear a difference.

    submitted by /u/icf80
    [link] [comments]

    Is a used Ipad mini 2 worth it in 2019?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 11:13 AM PST

    It's currently 115$ and i want to give it to my nephew's (6&7 years old) , i don't want to give them the newer version because they probably gonna break it

    so what do think? Or Should I buy this or buy and Android tablet?

    submitted by /u/Nsr740
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Mini (2019) got it a month ago (previous was the Mini Original) I don’t know how did I set up the split screen but I like it. How does it work? BTW the Mini with Apple Pencil saved my back from carrying MacBook Pro 2011, notebook, pen, iPad Mini, and a bigger bag. Is great!

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 07:34 PM PST

    Astropad in 2019 vs dedicated pen display

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 12:39 AM PST

    Hello,

    I've been getting more into digital art recently, and have been using the iPad a lot to practice.

    I've also been wanting to try drawing not only on iPad applications, but also using desktop applications as well, such as Clip Studio. For that, I've been considering trying out Astropad, but can't really just yet as I'm on Windows, but with Windows support supposedly coming soon, it's been on my mind (though the subscription model is pretty offputting).

    So I wanted to ask some people who have some experience with Astropad, especially with the latest versions, if it would be worth getting Astropad, or if it would be more worth get a separate pen display from say Wacom or XP-PEN. It's been surprisingly hard to find a review on the state of Astropad in 2019. Maybe it's because nothing much has changed, but that isn't very certain either.

    I'd appreciate some thoughts on latency, pressure sensitivity and tilt, and other overall experience from the latest version of Astropad, and maybe stack it up against a more conventional pen display. Hopefully I'm not asking for too much here.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/HorseyMask
    [link] [comments]

    Any freeware app to display ipynb files on ipad

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 12:10 AM PST

    I only need to display the file not compile it, I know I can make a pdf and etc out of it but I would like to display as is.

    submitted by /u/new_one_7
    [link] [comments]

    Note taking app question

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 08:57 PM PST

    Is there any app that allow 'note replay' where its like a video of you writing the note?

    Think of it like I'm solving a maths equation on the app, I want the app be able to replay me solving it so that I remember the steps.

    Is it possible with any app?

    submitted by /u/hugokhf
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a back cover for the IPad 10.2 that is compatible with the Smart Keyboard that isn’t clear?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 06:51 PM PST

    So I just got my new IPad with a Smart Keyboard and I love it so far. I'm a student and it really has replaced my crappy laptop in a big way. The only problem I'm having is the back of my iPad is a tad unprotected for my liking. I've seen some back covers that are clear, but I'm into adding some color instead. Any ideas on back cover cases that fit the Smart Keyboard?

    submitted by /u/ConfidentBilly
    [link] [comments]

    iPad cellular calling

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 08:17 PM PST

    Hi all, I recently picked up a cellular iPad Pro 11 and am happy with it so far. I was wondering though if there is any workaround for being able to send sms and calls. For context I have an Android phone.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Metty197
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel