• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 5, 2019

    Apple Macbook This extremely rare Mac computer just sold for $150,075

    Apple Macbook This extremely rare Mac computer just sold for $150,075


    This extremely rare Mac computer just sold for $150,075

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 11:12 AM PST

    I have an early 2015 Macbook Pro. If I buy a new 2019 13 inch MBP, would I notice a big difference?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 10:31 PM PST

    So currently I have an early 2015 retina 13 inch MacBook Pro: 2.8 ghz intel core i5 16 gb DDR3 Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

    It still runs pretty good for the most part although I can feel/notice it getting slower. Plus the battery needs to be replaced soon ($200+) so it made me wonder whether its time to just upgrade to a new laptop.

    I was thinking of maybe upgrading to a 2019 13 inch base model MBP for ~$1000 ($1400 - $380 trade-in value of my current MBP).

    Thoughts/ideas/suggestions? Would I notice a large difference in speed/performance etc.?

    submitted by /u/californialiving1
    [link] [comments]

    The Speakers in the 16" Are Incredible!

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 03:45 PM PST

    Coming from the 15" i9 model released earlier this year, I wasn't expecting this speaker improvement to be much different. I have to say I am completely blown away by the sound quality this thing has. The sound is very rich and spacial, giving it a kind of surround sound effect. I'd say its up there with my Bose speaker in terms of quality, but with the added benefit of that surround effect.

    submitted by /u/jakgal04
    [link] [comments]

    Variation in color on screen

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 07:30 PM PST

    I don't know if I'm losing my mind or if part of my MBA's screen has a slight variation of color. The bottom left quadrant of the screen seems like the colors are slightly colder than the other parts of the screen. I can notice it when I'm on a page with a mostly white background

    submitted by /u/USS_Zumwalt00
    [link] [comments]

    Spilled Coke on Macbook Pro

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 07:15 PM PST

    Yeah, I spilled coke on my macbook pro yesterday. I cleaned it off with a towel and then flipped it upside down and left it overnight. Today, I put it in rice, still open. When I was messing with it this morning it turned on and all the keys till worked fine, I used a keyboard tester, but I have fears that it's going to die in the future. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I have a genius bar appointment in a few days, but my warranty has just about expired. I did find this, https://support.apple.com/keyboard-service-program-for-mac-notebooks , and it says the warranty is extended from 4 years since the first purchase and i'm still within that window, and actually had the problems described that led to this extended warranty. Though, will this warranty still apply to me when the real cause is just me spilling coke? Sorry if its a bit rambly i'm just still pretty upset and feel like theres nothing i can do.

    submitted by /u/brokeAK
    [link] [comments]

    Monitor problem while docking MacBooks

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 06:13 PM PST

    Frequently when I plug in my MacBook dock, my external monitor won't come up while every other connected peripheral will work. I'll disconnect it and reconnect and SOMETIMES it comes up. Other times I'll need to switch around which USB-C port I'm using and eventually it (may) come up. Initially I experienced this using my Stone Henge Dock at work with my 2018 MacBook Pro. I just got a new 2019 MacBook Pro at home and am now experiencing the same behavior with my OWC Thunderbolt 2 Dock. Sometimes I'll have to completely reboot the laptop for it to recognize the monitor. Same type of behavior, two separate MacBooks and docks.

    Has anyone else experienced this (and may potentially have a solution or idea re: cause)? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Djaesthetic
    [link] [comments]

    Is this bad?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 03:34 PM PST

    All images are fully downloaded but they still have the X and the loading bar, is this a known glitch? On 2019 Macbook Pro

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 02:36 PM PST

    Lack of Updates Amazes Me!

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 02:14 PM PST

    Coming from a Windows user for so many years (besides a MacBook I owned 10 years ago) it is really nice to see that MacOS doesn't constantly have updates popping up. Windows is notorious for it. I know Windows gives more options over updates now and that's nice but MacOS is just amazing me in that regard.

    Have any other Windows users switched over to Mac and thought the same thing? By the way, I still use my Windows desktop on occasion but it is very rare now. I really enjoy hooking my MacBook up to my monitor. I also use a Logitech multi-device keyboard and mouse to switch between the two computers. Besides the MacBook itself, the mouse and keyboard were the best purchases I've made as of late.

    submitted by /u/Roddy418
    [link] [comments]

    Recently given a MacBook Pro 13' 2012 with water damage

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 12:54 PM PST

    So as the title states I've recently been given a MacBook Pro 13' 2012. However, the Mac has sustained water damage and was deemed to have a dead logic board. After replacing with a working logic board, the screen was deemed damaged too as no power was being sent to the screen and there was no apple backlight. Initially we thought that the LDVS connector was faulty so we replaced it and to no avail.

    After purchasing a working replacement screen we learned that the display won't turn on, just a flat black screen and no apple light. Upon plugging into a external display we can see that it is fully functional, keyboard backlight and everything. I've already tried resetting the PRAM, and the SMC but nothing seems to want to kickstart this display.

    I'm currently stumped as I have no idea what to do next. Any help would be appreciated. :)

    Sorry for the wall of text!

    submitted by /u/imafatnerd
    [link] [comments]

    How is running your 2015 Macbook? Mine is really really slow…

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 08:34 AM PST

    Hello,

    I pre-ordered the Macbook as soon as it was announced back in 2015 (1,3 Ghz, 8go ram, Catalina), and today i'm pretty upset about his performance. Safari struggle to load pages, JIRA is a nightmare, and basic stuff like watching a Youtube video is pretty slow…

    If you have a similar computer I would like to know if you encounter the same kind of issues? What can I do about it?

    Thank you :)

    submitted by /u/quinlanvos_fr
    [link] [comments]

    13" vs 16" MBP for CS Student / Software Development?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 07:07 AM PST

    Hi,

    Long time windows user, never had a MacOS or iOS device before but I'm getting pretty sick of Windows' and I really want access to be able to use UNIX, etc on the fly. Currently using a 14" ASUS Zenbook.

    Options are:

    13" 512Gb, 16Gb, 2.4Ghz or... 16" 512Gb, 16Gb, 2.6Ghz

    So I'm getting it from Apple Canada through a sibling, since the difference between CAD and EUR means I can get the 16" for around €2k or the 13" for €1.9k, so pricing is not the most important because for the same spec on the store is €2.8k for the 16", etc

    The butterfly keyboard is not that off-putting for me because it comes with a 4 year warranty for that specific problem. I'm not a huge fan of how it feels but it's not the end of the world as I'm alright for adapting and the 4 year warranty is fine with me.

    However is the 13" too small for programming/software dev? I'm heading into final year of my CS degree, but start an internship in a month. I love the size of the 16" screen but the chassis itself feels absolutely massive, the touchpad is massive and the keyboard feels tiny. I don't have any external monitors to use either.

    Predominantly using Visual Studio, Oracle SQL Dev, Android. Is the 13" fine for programming, working, etc with programs open side by side? Or am I crazy not to get the 16" with practically a €800 discount.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/_jagermaestro_
    [link] [comments]

    Do you recommend a MacBook?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 09:35 AM PST

    So, my current windows 8.1 laptop is getting old and slow.

    I'm debating whether to buy a MacBook but I'm uncertain.

    It'll be mainly for school stuff and watching series. No gaming, got desktop PC for that.

    Do you recommend me buying one over a Windows 10 laptop and if so, what are the reasons and which Air or Pro?

    submitted by /u/CurrentRisk
    [link] [comments]

    Should I go for MacBook air 2010 13”

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 08:03 AM PST

    Ok, so I find second-hand 2010 MacBook air for 180€ (200$). Specs are: 2,13 GHz Intel core 2 duo, 4 GB ram, GeForce 320m 256 mb, 250 GB SSD. I'm college student, I have my main PC, but need something for travelling. I'll be using it mainly for movies, music, web surfing, sometimes office/pdf. Nothing like gaming/editing. Should I go for it?

    submitted by /u/KekecVN
    [link] [comments]

    2017 Macbook pro 13’ Non-Touch bar, I have a problem with Capslock key. I want to know if it’s hardware or some sort of a Catalina bug.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 12:58 AM PST

    The problem is when I leave my laptop on stand by for a few hours, when I go back and wake it up the Capslock key doesn't work. When I press it the green light only flashes, but Capslock doesn't turn on. And if I restart the laptop it works normally again. But it happens again if I leave it on stand by.

    I had my keyboard replaced a few days ago but the problem persists. I want to know if it's a software bug I'm experiencing or should I go back for a repair or ask for a replacement. I still have my warranty.

    submitted by /u/krstyan
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel