• Breaking News

    Monday, December 2, 2019

    Apple Help I know this is probably asked a lot but what is the “other” and why is it taking up so much space.

    Apple Help I know this is probably asked a lot but what is the “other” and why is it taking up so much space.


    I know this is probably asked a lot but what is the “other” and why is it taking up so much space.

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 07:39 PM PST

    How do I interpret this RAM usage? Should I upgrade my 16” to 32GB of memory for iOS development in Xcode?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 11:03 AM PST

    Noisy fan after HD replacement, iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011) running High Sierra... how do I troubleshoot or fix this?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 09:00 PM PST

    Need help with removing highlights/notes from a preview pdf

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 08:27 PM PST

    Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, if not please guide me to the right subreddit.

    https://imgur.com/a/IeYiXAi

    Some of the docs I have are like in these pics. These are highlights that someone else made and I cannot seem to remove them. And there is a empty note added to every single highlight that get removed once you douple tap on them but I reeaally don't feel like douple tapping every single note to remove it.

    How do I get rid of all of the notes at once? How do I remove the highlights?

    submitted by /u/finnishjetter
    [link] [comments]

    My earphones with lightning adapter for my iPhone XR keep skipping songs, playing them, or activating Siri when plugged into my phone. How can I fix this?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 08:09 PM PST

    When my headphones are plugged in and the end of the wire right next to the lightning adapter is at an angle, it will either skip, pause/play, or activate siri. For example, when I walk and the end of the wire tilts, it will do what is stated above. This is really annoying and I only had these headphones for about 5 months. Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/icedepresso
    [link] [comments]

    Dropped my 2015 MacBook Pro

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 04:12 PM PST

    Recently dropped my MacBook and the screen is all sorts of fucked up. Not sure what to do, ship it to apple or take it to a local screen repair place?

    submitted by /u/ekzal1
    [link] [comments]

    Are AirPods the only BT ear buds that support hands free Siri?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 05:24 PM PST

    Are there any other ear buds that can summon Siri without having to press a button? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/1541drive
    [link] [comments]

    AirPod in puddle

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 01:26 PM PST

    I dropped my left airpod into a puddle today. It still works but is very quiet now. What should I do to fix this problem?

    submitted by /u/DutcherCody
    [link] [comments]

    My 2015 MacBook will shut itself off and display this message before rebooting itself just to do it again after about 5 minutes. Anyone know what’s going on?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 02:23 PM PST

    Need help: apple music stops playing

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 09:48 PM PST

    Forgive me, as I've never posted to reddit before, but I've tried searching and nothing has come up. I'm currently subscribed to apple music, have updated to the latest firmware (for both my phone and bluetooth speaker) yet am still having issues playing music. When I use my headphones, everything plays normally, but when I try to use the iphone speakers (iPhone X), or my UE boom speaker (UE boom 2), the audio cuts out. It doesn't pause, my iphone says it's still playing, but the music doesn't continue, it doesn't continue moving forward, yet nothing comes out, and nothing moves. It's as if time has stopped. It's not my wifi, as this happens whether I'm using my LTE or Wifi. Hopefully you lovely folks can guide me in fixing this issue. Thank you, and please let me know if there is somewhere else that is more appropriate to address this issue :) I should also note that I tried rebooting both, but it didn't work:(

    submitted by /u/tinyflowers
    [link] [comments]

    Time Machine restoration question for new Mac

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 09:44 PM PST

    I'm getting a new MacBook Pro and plan to use macOS 10.14 Mojave, and will be using one singular internal SSD. My current machine – running OS X 10.11 El Capitan and comprising two internal drives – is backed up using Time Machine. Can I set up my new machine from this Time Machine backup easily, or will the 10.11-to-10.14 and/or two-drives-to-one be a problem? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/frozenpandaman
    [link] [comments]

    Apple watch & Activity app not recording badge progress for workouts

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 05:57 PM PST

    Hi, I'm trying to track my workout progress and a big part of being more active lately is enjoying closing rings and earning badges.

    Today however I noticed that my workouts don't get tracked properly. While they are shown in the activity app and my workout rings get closed, I don't earn any progress towards earning badges.

    I was wondering if other people had the same issue and if they knew of a solution?

    I'm using iPhone X and Apple watch 4 Both on the latest software as of 3 December.

    Please check out the print screen of all the activity data I'm talking about and the badges.

    Notice how I have 0/7 for the badge workout week.

    https://i.imgur.com/QSmAZUV.jpg

    submitted by /u/ItsTimeForKetchup
    [link] [comments]

    Using IMac as TV monitor.

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 09:42 PM PST

    I have a late 2013 iMac with a hardrive that's busted. I was able to copy OS High Sierra onto an external drive and use my iMac that way for the past year. Essentially, my iMac is just an external monitor at this point.

    I was wondering, would I be able to plug a roku or any other streaming stick into it and use it as if it were a tv?

    submitted by /u/IamFoxMulder
    [link] [comments]

    Having problem with the noise control on Airpods Pro

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 03:30 PM PST

    Hey, It seems that sometimes for some reason the airpods with stuck on one option of the noise control, and when I try to change it, it just doesn't work, I tried long press on the airpods, and through the control center, even through the settings, it displays that it changed but it doesn't. Does it happen to anyone else?

    submitted by /u/liav8
    [link] [comments]

    Buying a 16" MacBook Pro, I want to make sure I'm making the best choice

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 09:14 AM PST

    Hello, you were all so helpful with my last post when researching a 13" MacBook that I've decided to get a 16".

    I'm seeing a better price on Apple.com than I am on B&H and other online stores, and it seems the only difference is Apple is showing me a lower AMD Radeon Pro (5300M with 4GB of GDDR6 memory).

    I believe I learned in the last post that this doesn't matter, but I wanted to confirm once again since I'll be doing some video editing work on this Mac.

    Here's a link to what I'm seeing on Apple.com

    I want 512GB SSD storage and at least 32GB of RAM which is coming out to $2,559. Any input before I hit purchase would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/DannyTorrents
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t reclaim Apple ID

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 03:11 PM PST

    Years ago a stupid Hacker in China stole my account. I can't change the security questions, Apple support won't help as they "can't verify I own it" I still have access to my email. Help please someone!

    submitted by /u/xx_memer_xx198
    [link] [comments]

    How to transfer ENTIRE iMessage conversation?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 09:08 PM PST

    I recently got a new phone (7 to 11) and I have a ton of photos in my iMessages. With the new IOS there's no way to mass select them to save or send to my new phone.

    Without having to go through every photo individually, is there any way I can just send the entire conversation(photos included) to myself or airdrop it to my new phone?

    I don't care if the text is included I just really want to keep the photos.

    I've tried ICloud and it just never uploads and sits at 1% even if I log in and out or restart my phone.

    submitted by /u/jagarlick1118
    [link] [comments]

    Help idk what happened but my macbook is fucked up

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 03:17 AM PST

    Can’t use Apple ID with FaceTime/iMessage due to iCloud. Tho both accounts are the same email

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 10:30 AM PST

    My 27” 2017 iMac is refusing to boot up

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 07:59 PM PST

    I restarted my computer about a week and a half ago and it randomly decided to not start up properly. It gets stuck at about 3/4 of the way in the loading bar. I don't believe I installed any system updates, so I'm really not sure why it's not working now. It was last running the latest version of High Sierra.

    Things I've tried:

    Going into recovery mode and running first aid on the disk. Returned with no errors.

    Verbose mode to see what was going on. It just runs through and then goes to the usual screen with the Apple logo and bar but the bar doesn't fill up at all ever.

    Safe mode. The bar fills up entirely and then nothing happens.

    Resetting SMC and PVRAM. No luck.

    Single-user mode. Works but I don't really know what to do with it. I tried running fsck with no errors.

    Reinstall macOS from recovery (twice!) without erasing data. No help.

    Hardware test. Returned with no errors.

    Unplugging everything besides my keyboard and mouse. Nothing.

    What's the next step? Wiping the HD clean and restoring from my Time Machine backup? I'm at a loss here. Help is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Chuck67322
    [link] [comments]

    I Found a Ipad Pro 12.9 Wifi + LTE with 512 GB memory and an Apple Pencil 2, brand new in its packaging for $1225. Am i missing something?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 04:08 PM PST

    The seller claims that he sales many thing and works in wholesale, the only downside is that it might be not eligable for apple care+ because it was purchased more than 90 days ago from apple but still has the regular 1 year warranty since it is not activated yet. Is it still worth buying if everything seems legit? I have never bought an apple product before so i am bit hesistant, and might be willing to go with the 64/256 GB WIFI only from apple just for the sake of feeling better. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/mezzmeradis
    [link] [comments]

    I did a subscription to KineMaster but it isn’t showing up

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 06:43 PM PST

    It even says that my next renewal date will be on the second of January; but the subscription isn't doing anything and it's stills shows the watermark in the app (something a subscription would remove) how do I fix this?

    submitted by /u/SUCC_GeneralKenobi
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an app where my iPad will show an alert when my iPhone rings?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 06:19 PM PST

    The reason I ask is that I'm on call 3 days a week and I'd rather not carry both my iPhone and iPad if it's possible to just leave my iPhone in one spot. I don't always hear it if I'm not in the same room.

    submitted by /u/QuantumHope
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes on my PC uses 13GB of ram & crashes. Unusable.

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 12:15 PM PST

    It used to be somewhat fine but now it's unusable on my computer, it just eats & chogs ram while it crashes. I can't listen to music using Apple Music & really considering swapping.

    submitted by /u/lgnitionRemix
    [link] [comments]

    Connecting to Docking station, Macbook 2015. Thunderbolt 2 to USB-C adapter

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 06:05 PM PST

    I am trying to connect a docking station via usb to my 2015 mac book, which has thunderbolt 2 ports, 1 HDMI port, and 2 USB ports. The docking station that I have connects to the laptop via USB-C. What type of adapter would be best?

    I have been trying to find an adapter that has an input cable of thunderbolt 2 and a receiving end of USB-C, but I cannot find one. Would I be able to use HDMI to USB-C adapter?

    This is the docking station that I have. https://www.amazon.com/j5create-Adapter-Ethernet-Delivery-Resolution/dp/B07D42ZV9D/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1WQ1U2LMQHYI2&keywords=j5+create+usb+type+c+dual+hdmi+mini+dock&qid=1575336513&sprefix=j5+create+usb+type+c+dual+hdmi+mi%2Caps%2C167&sr=8-1

    submitted by /u/DRUKSTOP
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel