• Breaking News

    Friday, November 29, 2019

    macOS Sorry win users...

    macOS Sorry win users...


    Sorry win users...

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 01:19 AM PST

    Why the screensaver ramp up the fan to maximum?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 08:20 AM PST

    Anyone else unable to get YT in safari on Catalina to scroll to top and show all of the menu? Missing Home, Trending, Subs. Thanks.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 05:10 PM PST

    Still can’t reliably sync content from Catalina to iOS.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 08:38 AM PST

    Ever since getting my iPhone 11 I haven't been able to sync music properly from Catalina. I select Artists and Albums to sync, tell it to sync and it spins for a few seconds like its syncing then stops. None of the selected music makes it onto my phone.

    Is anyone else still having issues syncing? Has anyone had this issue and fixed it?

    One issue I've had, which I'm guessing is related, is that the Music app has given me sporadic error messages saying it couldn't find a song I try to play. So I locate it and it works, then answer yes to the question "would you like to use this location to locate other missing tracks" or something along those lines, but it always errors out. But I didn't intend to locate hundreds of tracks one at a time, so I deleted all music from my library and added them back. STILL can't sync. I have my music on an external drive with my music library set to the directory on that drive, but I have no issues loading anything else from that drive and that all worked fine on Mojave.

    This OS has been one problem after another for me, and I'm using a Mac that isn't even quite a year old yet. At this point the only thing keeping me from going back to Mojave is finding the time to do it.

    submitted by /u/PsychManMagicHead
    [link] [comments]

    Moved photo library, now photos not appearing in file attachment dialog.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 04:10 PM PST

    Moved my photo library, made the adjustment in the Photos settings to use the new location as the system photo library., stopped and started icloud....but now when i go to attach a photo through the file/browse attachment dialog, nothing appears, like so:

    https://i.imgur.com/JaCoXRE.png

    i tried placing an alias from the new location to the old pictures folder to no avail. i'm guessing this is some kind of finder plist/conf kinda thing. anyone know where to look to fix this?

    submitted by /u/wifflehockey
    [link] [comments]

    Console.app Chaos in Catalina

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 08:38 AM PST

    Does anyone else have the problem with console.app where while viewing (or attempting to view) a log within the "Log Reports" section, it won't stay on the log file you tried to select, and arbitrarily jumps around to other log files?

    It's maddening. If anyone has a solution, I would be forever grateful if you could share it.

    submitted by /u/crumpldfoil
    [link] [comments]

    Upgraded iMac 8,1 - Should I patch High Sierra?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 07:44 PM PST

    I got an old 2008 - iMac 8,1 - 20inch - 2.66ghz, given to me so I added OWC 6gb of Ram (max I can) & a SSD.

    I'm currently running on El Capitan 10.11.6 but been looking around and High Seirra apparently runs smoother on old Macs.

    Wondering if anyone with a older iMac or has any info on if it's even worth it and will I get a smoother experience?

    I'd like to just because it's newer anyhow and sort of a revolutionary turning point,
    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/aidano101
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a hotkey for 'clean up' folder on mac os?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 03:35 PM PST

    I use the function enough where i'm now wondering if i could just press a key to do this for me. would be a bit faster.

    submitted by /u/xpercipio
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina single handedly bricked my go to Mac

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 07:43 AM PST

    I've a 2013 MBP and 2012 MBA (11" for portability). My MBA has survived so many iterations of MacOS well, until yesterday. After updating to Catalina, my MBA started to behave erratically. I can't boot into diagnostics or startup manager. Internet recovery does get me into installation wizard but the process of installation itself stalls. Tried SMC/PRAM and zillion other solutions. A fair word of warning - this thread is real and this is real. Think twice before updating to Catalina. Thankfully I haven't updated my MBP yet.

    submitted by /u/thedesklampdilemma
    [link] [comments]

    Possible to purchase Mac App Store apps without a Mac?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 06:48 PM PST

    I'm currently on vacation (as I'm sure a few of us are) and don't have my mac. A bunch of apps in the Mac App Store are discounted for Black Friday, but I didn't bring my Mac with me. Can I still purchase these apps without a Mac somehow?

    submitted by /u/Serisrahla
    [link] [comments]

    Slow "new tab" in safari 13

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 09:33 AM PST

    When I open new tab in Safari 13, there is a huge delay before in actually opens. If I open settings and choose "open blank tab" instead of "top sites", it works pretty fast. Looks like it's somehow related to top sites. Is there a way to fix it?

    submitted by /u/Viza-
    [link] [comments]

    With Black Friday upon us, favorite usb C external?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 01:20 PM PST

    Just curious if anyone has a favorite usb-c external drive for reliability, longevity, etc? I'm leaning towards a portable bus powered drive over an AC powered, as I only utilize my MacBook Pro and like to be able to carry it with me. It's been 10 yrs since I needed to buy one (and that one is still working) but need more space, so thought I'd check here first.

    Thanks in advance r/MacOS!

    submitted by /u/VikingPHD
    [link] [comments]

    Question about macOS

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 03:33 PM PST

    So I only use macs when I'm in my colleges computer lab and I was just wondering why macs don't have the ability to do window tiling. I grew up using windows and being able to have two or more windows open at the same time is just so useful. I know that you can download various apps to do this on Mac but why isn't a feature so fundamental just built into the os?

    submitted by /u/hungrycloud
    [link] [comments]

    Why is there 200+gb storage in use that I cant seem to access/navigate?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 05:42 AM PST

    Boot Camp ISO Question

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 03:12 PM PST

    Boot Camp ISO Question

    Peeps,

    I have no problem installing windows 10 within boot camp using an official ISO from Microsoft, however want to use a pre-activated ISO image... problem is, Boot Camp pings up this error...

    error on custom iso

    Anyone know of a way to modify the ISO, checksum modification maybe, so the boot camp will allow it?

    submitted by /u/coffeesurfers
    [link] [comments]

    Installation fails after denying app requested access.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 02:32 PM PST

    on macOS Mojave.

    I was installing an application when it requested permission to access parts of my mac. I clicked "Deny". The installation failed.

    I decided to try again and allow it, but the prompt never shows and it fails every time. I suspect that the choice I made is cached somewhere, but I've not been able to find a solution through google or searching this sub. How can I enable this application to be installed now?

    submitted by /u/MillCityRep
    [link] [comments]

    Sidecar issue on Macbook Pro

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 02:27 PM PST

    Sidecar issue on Macbook Pro

    Hi there,

    Today I tried the Sidecar feature on my Macbook pro. But I have this kind of image quality:

    Photo from my phone of my iPad

    Do you have any idea why I have this kind of graphic bug? It looks like a bad streaming. This is an iPad pro 2018 btw, maybe it'll help.

    Thank you guys.

    submitted by /u/Kazurdan
    [link] [comments]

    Command + Backspace to delete a photo in Photos on a MBP takes 5 seconds, is this normal UX?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 02:23 AM PST

    Just got a new MacBook, Music App stuck on "Loading Cloud Music Library"

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 12:42 PM PST

    It's been loading for so long, any idea whether this is normal, or if it's a glitch and there's a way to fix it?

    submitted by /u/Hockeylax10
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my screensaver pop-up randomly?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 07:09 AM PST

    I am using a 2018 MacBook Air with MacOS 10.14.6 (latest Mojave version) and I noticed that my screensaver keeps popping up randomly, no matter what I set for it in the system settings.

    In the screensaver settings I tried setting the idle time for the screensaver to appear to 1 hour, or even to "never", but it still keeps appearing after a certain time without user input.

    This is not a problem while waiting for a download to complete, but yesterday I was watching a movie via VLC and every 10-15 minutes the screensaver appeared. Extremely annoying!!

    How can I get rid of this? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/DrHeywoodRFloyd
    [link] [comments]

    Mac OS Catalina - Issue with no Internet

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 06:51 AM PST

    Hello,

    Ever since Mac OS Catalina and also High Sierra, i have encountered this problem. Whenever i am not connected to the internet, there are a lot of Applications that refuse to work. Or are really slow...

    Today i have the problem with ansible, i installed it via Brew and it just doesn't work properly anymore. When i am not connected on the internet, it will take forever or timeout to run a playbook on a local resource, or even get the contextual help that should be local right?

    Same problem with Google Postman, when i have internet the app starts fast, when i have no internet, it takes ages to load the program.

    Anyone encountering the same issue, it's a fresh install that came with my new Macbook 16

    submitted by /u/Lycanthropical
    [link] [comments]

    MBA 2019 can't install macOS or access Internet recovery

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 06:44 AM PST

    Hi,
    I did get my MBA 2019 yesterday and I did as always, I did download Catalina and created USB install of it. Wiped the SSD of the MBA and BAM! SecureBoot was activated as I do understand it so I can't install the OS from USB.

    Well I thought then I can re-install with the Internet Recovery (shift+option+cmd+r) no luck I do have the following issues.
    1. Yesterday it did not start and I did get the error code 2002F so I did change the DNS in the router to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.
    2. I'm trying again and still the same issue, yes I have made sure that the DHCP in the router are pushing out Google DNS IP.
    4. And now today;

    When I'm booting with Internet Recovery and choosing my Wifi everything seems OK, but it's stuck with the spinning globe and the fans are running at high speed. I have been waiting for 2h now and still nothing.
    I have also tried to share internet connection from my iPhone to the MBA 2019 and I do get the same issue.

    How can I fix this? Should I just send it back? This are driving me crazy.

    submitted by /u/rjohansson
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel