• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 26, 2019

    macOS GUYS! I did it!! Finally! (Original recording is considerably longer).

    macOS GUYS! I did it!! Finally! (Original recording is considerably longer).


    GUYS! I did it!! Finally! (Original recording is considerably longer).

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 11:53 AM PDT

    Is full Time Machine restore the only way to return to old Safari? It got auto-updated without me knowing and I don't want to use Safari but I am forced to because of all of the passwords in the Keychain.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 11:34 PM PDT

    All the ads and popups make me wanna puke.

    submitted by /u/sober_1
    [link] [comments]

    My Simple macbook pro 2017 Setup! super simple and this is my first mac!

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 11:26 AM PDT

    New catalina music app algorithm stinks!

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 04:26 AM PDT

    I have noticed since macOS Mojave the differences between the Spotify shuffle algorithm and the iTunes one, but since I updated catalina, apart from the lag I face sometimes which I dislike, I've also encountered a huge difference in the way the new music app shuffles the music. firstly, I've noticed that a few songs are constantly repeating or appearing in the next list, for instance, once I listened to a Michael Jacksons song thrice in about three hours. secondly, I feel like im constantly skipping songs cause i'm not in the mood of any of them, something does not occur with Spotify. I mean, it is not like this happened once but constantly so im basing on my experience since I use iTunes, which is like 7 years since, but also the transition to music app. iTunes mixing songs was already weird according to my experience but now with the music app I have seen this going worse. sometimes I forgot I have nearly 3000 songs because I feel like just a 25% of those are playing. For those probably wondering, I made a clear install of macOS and re-downloaded all the music, including data, no Apple Music, just physical music in disk.

    I want to know if any of you guys noticed something like this or know a possible solution. I am a music enthusiast and I do actually care so much about my music collection, not a greta experience I had with this transition. Thank you!😊

    submitted by /u/jxy_hrnerstud
    [link] [comments]

    Is Time Machine Completely Borked Over Wireless on Catalina?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 02:38 PM PDT

    Sanity test here trying to figure out if I'm alone. I've got two Macs, one is a Mac Mini that is hardwired into my network and the other is a MacBook Pro which is always wireless. Both are connected to a Synology NAS DS918+ with a partition specifically setup for Time Machine.

    It's been working fine since I set it up in March. Upon upgrading to Catalina, the Mac Mini has had no problems with continuing the automatic backups. However, my MBP has had nothing but issues. Twice it has just flat out decided it didn't want to backup to that location because something already existed there, once I ended up wiping out my backups for it (not a big deal, anything of real value is backed up separately, and probably 3 dozen times it's started throwing the error that it doesn't have access to the backup location.

    Now my initial thought was maybe because this is a NAS, maybe the connection was timing out. So I decided to test this theory by browsing around on the share during the time Time Machine is supposed to be running. Same error even though my machine clearly could access the NAS. Is this just completely hosed on Catalina or is there a way to fix this?

    I tend to be a big proponent of Apple, but this is the first time I've wished that I didn't do the update. I've never experienced freezing and crashing before on my Macs and this whole release just seems very buggy.

    submitted by /u/speedy_162005
    [link] [comments]

    Music App in Catalina nonstop kernel panics

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 02:11 PM PDT

    Hoping someone has a fix for this.

    The new Music app in Catalina is pretty much unusable and, if left open long enough, will result in a kernel panic every time. It start off ok, but once the cover art updating process starts it quickly locks up my iMac and eventually triggers a kernel panic.

    I've seen other posts that said they were able to get around this by trying again after the panic and leaving their mac alone for several hours. I tried this last night before going to bed and, according to the terminal window that was restored each time, there were 4 kernel panic/restarts overnight and a 5th while I was watching this morning. The only way I've been able to use the music app reliably is to unlink my local music library and only use my icloud library, which is not a solution I'm willing to accept.

    I've checked the preferences to see if there's a way to prevent the updating art process from starting, but I was not able to find anything. Has anyone found a way to solve this or do we just have to wait for apple to fix it?

    EDIT, adding Imac details:
    Model Identifier: iMac18,1
    Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Core i5
    Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 4 MB
    Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
    Memory: 8 GB
    Chipset Model: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640

    submitted by /u/madmonk13
    [link] [comments]

    Wifi Issue on Macbook Pro 13” 2017 non touch bar

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 01:37 PM PDT

    Recently I have a wifi issue on my Macbook Pro 13" 2017 non touch bar. The wifi keeps disconnecting, but still show the wifi icon on the status bar. I have to turn off wifi and turn on again to fix it. I tried to perform clean install to the latest macOS Catalina, but the issue still happens. I don't know if this is a software bug or hardware problem. Does anyone have the same issue and how to fix it? Thank you so much.

    submitted by /u/crioB
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any Apple Music menu bar app for Catalina- something similar to Emcee for iTunes?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 02:33 PM PDT

    Since upgrading to Catalina, Emcee for iTunes no longer works. Is there something similar that is compatible with Apple Music?

    submitted by /u/cyberjunkyfreak
    [link] [comments]

    Desktop icons messed up after unplugging monitor from laptop

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 04:20 PM PDT

    Hi everyone. I thought this might've been asked before but maybe I searched with the wrong terms.

    All the icons on desktop are arranged neatly when I have a monitor connected to the Macbook Pro.

    But when unplugged, the icons are a mess, often stacked on each other.

    Is there a way to avoid the mess?

    The closest option I've googled is something called Desktop Icon Manager which requires icon positions to be manually memorized and restored by the app.

    submitted by /u/vurto
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud Drive is stuck uploading one item for several days...

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 12:28 PM PDT

    ...Is there a way to see what file is causing this lag?

    submitted by /u/Ima-Fix-Wolves
    [link] [comments]

    Show icon preview thumbnails not working after Catalina?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 03:48 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/26CM7KY

    I can't find much about this online though I see others have had this issue as well. 90% of my folders show the preview just fine but my desktop and some random folders within desktop don't show all of them. If I drag those pictures into a Dropbox folder then back they'll show up but after a restart it's right back to this.

    Any ideas? Wait for an update?

    submitted by /u/DIYDLH
    [link] [comments]

    Merging resized partitions?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 01:07 PM PDT

    So, I have an external that I made 3 partitions. A main one, a bootable one, and another that I made to copy the counters from another computer of mine. The 2nd and 3rd partitions were way to big so I've resized them. Now I have two additional partitions that are empty that I would like to merge with my main partition. How is this possible? When I click on one of them and hit the delete button, it just adds the space back to the partition that I recently resized. I want this empty space back on the first partition of this drive though. Is this possible or no?

    submitted by /u/AllAboutGadgets
    [link] [comments]

    what is this icon?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 12:11 PM PDT

    Auto-Theme to Dark Changes Much Compared to iPadOS and iOS

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 05:42 PM PDT

    My iPhone and iPad both change themes at around 8-8:30, but it's always my MacBook that's still in Light Theme. They're all on auto-change. Is there something in particular on my end? Or has anyone else noticed this too?

    submitted by /u/PersonFromPlace
    [link] [comments]

    Is it safe to update to Catalina as a Adobe user?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 07:18 AM PDT

    I use most of the CC suite on a daily basis and I'm holding off the update to avoid the incompatibility issue with some of the components inside the Adobe's software.

    Do you know if they have finally released an update that fix it up? Thanks

    submitted by /u/moose_seb
    [link] [comments]

    Is this normal with 44 battery cicles?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 04:09 PM PDT

    Optical Drive wierdness in macOS Mojave and Catalina

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 10:01 AM PDT

    I have an iMac with 3 optical drives. They all work fine with data disks being mounted, but sometimes they get "stuck".

    The real issue though is trying to use them for audio extraction.

    I use programs like abcde and give each running copy a different device to read, for example right now I have CDs in /dev/disk17 and /dev/disk25.

    I can start one process ripping but the second one always talks to the same drive as the one currently running, even when I tell it to use a different device.

    Under Linux this works, but for some reason macOS seems to be sending all I/O to a single drive which I cannot figure out since I cam telling it specifically to use different devices.

    Any ideas there appreciated.

    Otherwise, I could really use a recommendation for a macOS program that can rip CDs in parallel. I don't mind paying as long as it works.

    submitted by /u/ethertoxic
    [link] [comments]

    Apple iTunes and new Apple Music start when CD inserted to a drive

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 10:21 AM PDT

    I don't know when it happened, but at some point on my iMac 27 macOS stopped ignoring optical media. I have the options checked to ignore inserting a CD in Music preferences and in system preferences, but every time I insert a CD Music launches.

    This seems like an obvious bug though I didn't have much luck finding answers. Everything I read says that you simply uncheck the options to automatically read inserted media and that should do it, but my machine refuses to ignore CDs.

    submitted by /u/ethertoxic
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina Causes MBA to Restart in Sleep

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 02:48 AM PDT

    I installed Catalina (version 10.15) public release on 10/21 and since then my 2015 MBA has restarted while in sleep mode (with the lid shut) almost every night. I've reset SMC and PRAM, but the issue persists. Is there anything else I can do to try and resolve this?

    submitted by /u/mango_script
    [link] [comments]

    Old iMac, late 2013

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 03:18 AM PDT

    Hi,

    Im not sure this is ok, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

    I have an old iMac, Late 2013, currently running Mojave and still works like a charm.. I've been thinking of updating for a while now, and my computer keeps reminding me every day about it.

    Anyone here with an older device currently running Catalina?

    submitted by /u/zebbmeister
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with Notes?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 05:52 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I have an issue with notes. I created a shared folder with notes on my iPhone and this syncs well between my ipad and phone. However, my iMac and Macbook Pro with Mojave installed will not sync this folder? I've also tried to permit sharing a notes-folder, and it immediately disappears from my computers.

    Anyone else experiencing this issue?

    submitted by /u/p2molvaer
    [link] [comments]

    My external drive is recognized after an hour since plugging in.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 07:08 AM PDT

    Hello.
    My hardware is 15" Macbook Pro (Mid 2015) with High Sierra installed on.
    I have an external drive formated to ExFAT, so it should work without any problems, but as I wrote in the title it takes so much time to even recognize it in finder.
    When I'm plugging this drive into Windows 7 laptop the drive show up immediately.
    I will be grateful for any suggestion what can cause this problem.

    (Sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language).

    submitted by /u/zagoorland
    [link] [comments]

    HEVC on mid-2014 macbook

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 10:50 AM PDT

    I am trying to play back these files and it just takes ages to load them and when it plays them back in Photos it is jittery and shite. Is there anything that can be done about this? Or are Apply killing their old tech?

    submitted by /u/monkwarbler
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina - Anyone else having trouble with GIFs in iMessage?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 06:26 AM PDT

    Hey there,

    Is anyone else finding it impossible to copy GIFs to iMessage now? I used to copy from the GIF keyboard app and drop them into iMessage but after Catalina it just does paste. Says it's copied it but then won't actually paste it in...

    submitted by /u/Ionlypostwhenstoned0
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel