• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 1, 2019

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [August 01]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [August 01]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [August 01]

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 09:11 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Just found my iPhone 4 like this in the drawer.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 05:01 AM PDT

    Virtually every Apple business grew in every region this quarter—except the iPhone

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 12:22 PM PDT

    Mophie’s iPhone XS and XR battery cases are now available for all

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 05:40 AM PDT

    The battery on the XR is unbelievable

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 01:03 PM PDT

    I charge my phone overnight so I always go to work with basically a full charge and by the time I would get out of work my battery would be at 20-30% on my iPhone 7, maybe even 15% sometimes even on low power mode. But on the XR it's at around 60-70%!!!

    submitted by /u/fuckmypussyy
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of switching to iPhone

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 08:16 PM PDT

    Hey, I have a Samsung S8+ and it's coming time to think about upgrading. I am most likely going to have to buy into an ecosystem soon (Samsung, Google, Apple). I have the Galaxy Buds and Galaxy Watch Active, and kind of like it, but I feel it could be better. So, I come to you Reddit!

    What are some advantages of iPhone over Samsung Galaxy (if you have knowledge)? I don't feel like I take full advantage of the malleability of Android and think my most used apps (social media and YouTube) would run better on ios. Also, what are some major advantages of the Apple ecosystem (specifically iPhone, iPad, and MacBook) over the fledgling ecosystem Samsung is trying to create?

    submitted by /u/jonar2
    [link] [comments]

    Reachability is amazing

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 04:34 AM PDT

    I just got a XR last week and my only fear with it was that it was way too large for my hands, since I was coming from an SE. After one week of trying to use the phone one handed, I gave up as it seemed that no matter how much I tried to 'train' my hand, it wouldn't work. I yesterday saw a video of someone holding the XR, but his hand was way at the bottom. This ensured that he would be able to use the navigation gestures one handed. Then it dawned me that's how I was supposed to hold my phone as well. I was keeping it from its middle, no wonder my average thumb could never get to the bottom of the display.

    Now the real MVP, as you might have guessed from the title, is reachability. You'd think that using your phone one handed with your hand that low, the upper part of the screen would be unusable. Well I'll be damned, this is not a problem at all. I don't even interact with that half of the screen too much, since browsing is easily done with swiping at the bottom, but when I do need to open an app or access the control center, the simple short swipe gesture is just so natural and works so well. The user experience really gets so much better with these tiny things, and I'm really happy I went with the XR, since the battery life is amazing.

    submitted by /u/pandaonguitar
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Extra Pixels inside iPhone X where screen is wrapped?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 11:54 PM PDT

    I just had the weirdest thought but I figured I'd ask here since I couldn't find any info online. Remember when they announced the iPhone X and explained that they had to wrap the screen behind itself to fit it at the bottom of the phone? Does this mean there are extra pixels hidden inside the iPhone X that are off? If so, can they be turned on with a jailbreak and somehow manage to produce "underglow" through the speaker grills??

    submitted by /u/Ironmxn
    [link] [comments]

    Will the XS or XS max line get discontinued this year?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 09:00 PM PDT

    I ask this for two reasons. One, because I'm genuinely curious. And two, because I might get another silicone case for my X but am still deciding on a color. However, I'm kind of concerned that Apple might discontinue the XS like the X. Last year there were actual reports and rumours about it, but this year I couldn't find anything online. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/DeathByDeebo
    [link] [comments]

    Storage has more than 130GB of ‘other’ storage, is any solution possible or all is lost?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 04:14 PM PDT

    Apple’s iOS 13 Beta 4 changed the size of the 4G symbol and it makes me uncomfortable ��

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 01:54 PM PDT

    How is the performance of iPhone SE in 2019

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 08:13 AM PDT

    I am planning on getting one as a secondary device it don't any heavy task. Just need a secondary phone for normal day to day use.

    submitted by /u/shaikshahir66
    [link] [comments]

    New iPhone 7 still with audio ic problem (loop disease)?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 08:32 PM PDT

    If i buy an new iPhone7 right now mid-end 2019 ill still maybe get the hardware problem? Or apple has fixed it in new phones?

    submitted by /u/Vini0001000
    [link] [comments]

    I managed to buy an iphone but it's locked. Did i get scammed?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 06:17 PM PDT

    Hello, reddit. Im here because i managed to save up some money and bought an iphone 6 for 60$ (now i realize it was too good to be legit) and when i turn it on it displays a screen asking for an account and password. Is there something i can do about it? the guy who sold it to me blocked me on facebook and i can't seem to find a way to email apple about it. It may not seem like much to you but 60$ is a lot of money in here. Thank you for reading this.

    submitted by /u/Jokerpok
    [link] [comments]

    Question to Xs (Max) users

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 01:52 PM PDT

    Are there any special/hidden features i should know about? Had the 6s until now.

    submitted by /u/RayBrooks_18
    [link] [comments]

    The futility of shortcuts

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 02:32 AM PDT

    Browsing through the settings of this app which I can't remove but can only hide in an untouched folder, I discovered how absolutely useless it is for my use case.

    What I'd like it to do - connect to a non apple Bluetooth device (Bluetooth FM transmitter) > open spotify > open Google Maps > Allow playback in Google Maps

    What I can do - "Setplayback destination" Airplay to nothing > open google maps with 4 options: Navigate home, see your commute, get directions home and get directions home (again?).

    How I currently achieve my goal - open settings, navigate to bluetooth/3D touch settings, select bluetooth > connect to FM transmitter > home button > open spotify > home button > open google maps.

    Very inconvenient if you ask me, especially when going on short trips.

    submitted by /u/fungusbanana
    [link] [comments]

    If I bought an Iphone from the US, Does apple honor the warranty/guarantee in the EU?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 01:50 PM PDT

    My partner is asking me if she should buy me an iphone while she is on a trip to the US. My concern is, if it ever needs servicing, will I be able to take it to an iphone shop in the EU?

    submitted by /u/jnvilo
    [link] [comments]

    Gif Keyboard options?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 11:04 PM PDT

    Hi I was wondering if there were any Gif Keyboards that allowed inappropriate content like swear word and stuff like that. I know it sounds dumb I just feel like I'm missing out on some quality gifs

    submitted by /u/_123four5_
    [link] [comments]

    What lightning cable brand do you use/recommend?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 08:05 AM PDT

    I know there have been threads on this in the past, but since Apple has recently given third party manufacturers access to the USB-C to lightning components, I figured I'd ask again.

    Most of my older lightning cables have bit the dust recently, and I'm looking for quality replacement options. Ideally would be 3ft/6ft and have a warranty from a company that is easy to contact.

    I've been using an AmazonBasics Premium cable for the past few months and it has held up well with being taken in and out of my bag on a daily basis. I've also heard great things about Anker's cables, but based on the design of the Powerline+ II cables, I'm pretty sure they share manufacturers with the AmazonBasics line. Don't know this for a fact, but the sleeve/braid design seems to be identical.

    What are you currently using? What would you recommend or advise against?

    submitted by /u/Czechs_Owt
    [link] [comments]

    New to iPhone help

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 03:34 PM PDT

    I've had a samsung for years and just got my first iPhone a 6s is there any way to limit the cellular data and put a cap on it like I could on my s7. I like playing pokemon go and I was able to make it so my s7 was on data saver and when the 4gbs were used it would stop using data.

    submitted by /u/Demon_Axe87
    [link] [comments]

    Disable double click to install

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 06:55 PM PDT

    Sorry I don't know if this issue has been addressed already or not, but I recently got my iPhone XS Max replaced and just now noticed the double click to install button. I didn't have it previously so I wondered how to disable it and didn't find any advice. In fact the one answer on apple forums was that you can't. But I found it. To disable it, just turn off Face ID for iTunes/AppStore and then go to AppStore settings and turn off require password. This way, you can automatically download apps without double clicking.

    submitted by /u/UltmteAvngr
    [link] [comments]

    Protective case for Apple Battery Case?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 06:49 PM PDT

    This is going to sound a bit bonkers, but I recently had my XS replaced due to damage incurred from a drop to the blacktop. It was using the Apple batter case that I love for the extra juice. Does anyone know of a otter box like case that would go over the Apple battery case?

    Bonkers I know. I had an otter box commuter with my 6 plus and it barely blinked at drops.

    submitted by /u/MassiveBeard
    [link] [comments]

    My iphone 8 plus is having charging issues where it charges only when it wants i tried different plugs and itll just keeping dinging but if its charging wireless its fine.... if i bring this to apple is this covered under warranty for free?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 06:05 PM PDT

    How’s battery life on iOS 12.4?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 05:39 PM PDT

    I would like to know how the battery performs before updating. Concretely, I have an iPhone 7 Plus, but you can tell me your experience regardless of the model you own. Is it better, equal or worse?

    submitted by /u/TomWhiteside
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel