• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 20, 2019

    macOS Is there official way of downloading a full mac OS Mojave installer if your mac downloads only 20 something MB one?

    macOS Is there official way of downloading a full mac OS Mojave installer if your mac downloads only 20 something MB one?


    Is there official way of downloading a full mac OS Mojave installer if your mac downloads only 20 something MB one?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 05:03 PM PDT

    When I download mac OS mojave installer from AppStore it is only 22,8 MB. I need a full one to create a bootable drive to clean install it. I found a solution here but it looks like it is not official way of doing it. Is there another way of doing this?

    submitted by /u/nEYncI
    [link] [comments]

    Butterfly keyboard still a problem?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 11:06 AM PDT

    So I'm really considering getting the just refreshed 2019 MacBook Pro 13" but I wanted to know if the butterfly keyboard is still a problem or if it just feels different from last-gen keyboards. I really don't want to waste money on repairs.

    submitted by /u/AE_RojasM
    [link] [comments]

    Trackpad Anxiety Checker

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 10:28 PM PDT

    Is there anything around that detects when a user is doing not much else but swiping between different apps & other gestures? Rarely touches the keyboard or spends much time in any particular app?

    Looking for something to notice when I'm being a bit scattered and help me come out of it. Honestly waste more time doing that than I do actually using the computer, I think.

    submitted by /u/SufficientBenefit7
    [link] [comments]

    How much GB does MacOS Take up?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 06:17 PM PDT

    I'm looking at buying a 256GB or 512Gb 13" MacBook Pro and I'm sure I won't need much space as I have a surface laptop 2 which is 128Gb and I've yet to ever fill that. However I'm wondering does MacOs take up a significant amount of Gb or na just so I know if I'll need to upgrade the storage. TIA.

    submitted by /u/j_flaherty
    [link] [comments]

    Tried internet recovery to install Mojave. accidentally formatted the SSD and now it shows these two disks. Mojave is giving errors during installation. What should I do?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 02:12 PM PDT

    The standard widget for weather on the dashboard stopped working - does anybody know of a good replacement widget that still works? Any notification center widgets with 5-day forecast are also appreciated.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 01:12 AM PDT

    Any code editor for Mac which supports Dark mode?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 12:57 AM PDT

    Hey guys, i need to finish a web app project for school and I'm in need of a good looking code editor for Mac which supports dark mode. I have automated the dark mode so that it turns on and off with sunrise and sunset, and i want my code editor to do the same. Currently I'm using Atom but i think it's too complicated and has so many features that overwhelms me. I have installed a dark mode plugin for it but it does not work smoothly. P.s : i code in PHP, HTML and CSS.

    submitted by /u/sdowp
    [link] [comments]

    Silly question about Chrome on macOS

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 01:43 PM PDT

    Hi folks, windows user but really looking to transfer to macOS.

    My question is: can you open local files (images and pdfs) in Chrome (or maybe even in Safari)?

    I currently use Chrome on Windows for a lot of PDFs + some PNGs/JPEGs in each in a dedicated tab by itself.

    Example: I have 3 different journal pdfs open in 3 different tabs + a gif that shows how the process I'm reading about works + a PNG that shows a timeline of the topic or something, all in their own respective tab.

    Is that possible in MacOS? Preference for chrome but ok with safari only.

    submitted by /u/m15km
    [link] [comments]

    Mojave freezing resolved.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 07:56 AM PDT

    I've been having an issue where my 2017 iMac running Mojave kept freezing when it wasn't being used. I'd wake up in the morning and the login screen would be visible, but nothing worked - there was no flashing cursor and although the mouse pointer still moved if I clicked anywhere the screen went grey. All I could do was restart.

    I did some digging and tried a few things - like completely wiping my Mac and reinstalling Mojave, running the latest Mojave beta, resetting PRAM, checking launchd items and so on. Then I saw a post about AppNap. I switched it off and haven't had a freeze since.

    Here's the webpage which tells you how to do this - and how to reverse it should you need to.

    submitted by /u/scgf01
    [link] [comments]

    Finder App Shortcut not working.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 06:51 PM PDT

    I was trying to set up a shortcut to quickly apply Tags in the finder as described in this article. Strangely it does not seem to work though many other shortcuts work just fine following the same instructions. I tried restarting my mac and restarting the Finder... no go. Seems odd.

    I happened to be on Mojave if it matters.

    Any tips?

    submitted by /u/michaelbierman
    [link] [comments]

    After Mojave upgrade, external keyboard press doesn't wake up laptop

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 05:42 PM PDT

    I just upgraded my 2015 13" MacBook Pro (the one with the good keyboard ;-) ) from Sierra to Mojave yesterday. For the last couple of years I've had two Dell monitors and an Apple Magic Keyboard connected to the MBP via an Anker external USB hub. If I wanted to wake up laptop up from sleep all I've had to do is tap a key on the keyboard, enter my password, and I was in. But after the Mojave upgrade I've discovered that I can't wake up my laptop that way. Now I have to actually hit the return key on the MBP itself to wake it up. Has something changed in Mojave that has created this new behavior? And if so, what can I do to make it so that I can resume waking up the MBP via my external keyboard? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/robertlf
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Any idea how to fix it? I tried reinstall it but no dice.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 08:33 AM PDT

    Printers

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 12:33 PM PDT

    I'm using a new-to-me MacBook Pro mid-2012 running Mojave. I have no issues except for one: Every time I want to print something, I have to delete and re-add the printer. Does anyone have any insight on this and how to permanently fix this?

    submitted by /u/umcircuitrider
    [link] [comments]

    MacOs Catalina Login Screen

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 04:52 AM PDT

    Its annoying my login screen keep showing the catalina picture instead of my wallpaper i set when i turn on my macbook. anyone having same problem?

    submitted by /u/hafisbahri
    [link] [comments]

    macOS Catalina (19A512f) Just try selecting text in certain web page in Safari and Text in Xcode: Crash. Feedback Assistant Not Working For Me ��

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 12:06 PM PDT

    Torrent client for OS Catalina Beta

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 03:38 AM PDT

    So Utorrent and bittorent arent available yet for the OS Catalina Beta. Is there any other alternative torrent client compatible with this beta version?

    submitted by /u/hafisbahri
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 19H1 on an external drive with a MacBook.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 04:47 AM PDT

    Hello r/MacOS, I would like know whether it is possible to boot Windows 10 out of an external drive and if so, would the latest version (19H1) cause any problems like kernel panics. I have a 2018 MacBook Air. Oh and a link to a recent guide would be much appreciated. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/frosty_toasty
    [link] [comments]

    I installed Scrcpy from Homebrew but when I want to run app, it gives me these lines of codes. What I have to do?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 02:19 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel