• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 20, 2019

    Apple TV What the best way to watch HBO?

    Apple TV What the best way to watch HBO?


    What the best way to watch HBO?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 07:05 PM PDT

    Trying to figure how to get the best quality HBO.

    Apple Channels Amazon Prime Hulu HBO Now

    Let me know!

    submitted by /u/thafranchize
    [link] [comments]

    How do I play Up Next episodes from my iTunes library instead of a network app?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 09:25 PM PDT

    Apologies if this is a common problem and easily fixed, but I've googled and googled and cannot find the solution.

    Here's my situation: I own seasons 1-7 of Game Of Thrones via an iTunes purchase. I'm watching this via my Apple TV.

    When I return to my TV every night to watch an episode, I have to find the appropriate one in my Library. If I try to watch from Up Next, it tries to force me to download the HBO app. I don't have or want an HBO subscription, and I own these titles already.

    Is there a way to force my Apple TV to play Up Next titles from my library?

    submitted by /u/cxntqueen
    [link] [comments]

    Remote App issues within iOS 12.3.1 / ATV4

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 03:29 AM PDT

    So I like using the Apple TV remote app within Control Centre. Sometimes it loses connectivity to the Apple TV. Both devices have been confirmed to not drop a single ICMP packet between each other.

    When I goto the actual Apple Remote app the Apple TV is connected and able to browse.

    Soon enough the Control Centre remote app regains connectivity.

    I haven't been able to trend why this is happening... hoping someone had an answer. The full remote app offer the same functionality but it's scroll resolution is so sensitive.

    ATV4 running update to date software.

    submitted by /u/letsgohalfs
    [link] [comments]

    ATV4K, Airport Express and old school sound output

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 09:40 PM PDT

    I recently purchased an ATV4k with the intention of completely replacing our Windows Media Centre setup which is the only PC in a Mac centric household. I am currently using a 2015 Mac laptop with OSX Mojave as a Plex Server with the sound directed to our old school amp + wired speakers via the audio out on an old Airport Express. There was an initial audio lag which was fixed via a firmware update to the Airport Express, but otherwise the setup seems to work fine.

    The thing is I would really like to remove the Airport Express as a required device for the sound. I am intending to buy a Mac Mini to use as a media server and was hoping to just use the headphone jack on the mini as the input into my amp and speakers. However, I am starting to think it isn't possible as I can't find any way to get the sound to come out of the laptop ( and hence into the amp ), so I can't see how the mini would make any difference.

    It seems like this would be a common situation but even googling doesn't come up with anything useful. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/BitcoinFourEver
    [link] [comments]

    Just got my Apple TV 4K; stuttering galore on Plex. What gives?!

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 04:26 PM PDT

    I was trying to play the remux of Atila Battle Angel, and the audio is fine, its not choppy at all, but the video stutters very few seconds.

    I tried it on two different TVs and receivers and gotten the same results, so it's not my equipment or its settings that's causing the issue, its definitely something with the Apple TV's settings or Plex's settings. The file I'm attempting to play is a Blu-Ray Remux with a Dolby TrueHD soundtrack. There are other soundtracks also on the mkv file, such as a DTS HD MA, and a Dolby Digital soundtrack. But it doesn't matter what soundtrack I select, the video still stutters.

    I've used Plex since almost the beginning, but I've only ever really used it on computers running windows, and playback has been rock solid. I just got this Apple TV, so I'm not sure of what settings I need to enable or what, but please tell me this is fixable!

    it's on an ethernet connection with the latest version of tvOS (12.3)

    submitted by /u/xanksnap
    [link] [comments]

    Remove shows from Up Next?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 10:03 AM PDT

    I have finished watching several shows lately. All still appear in my Up Next. Is there a way to delete them? TIA

    submitted by /u/Bobinnv
    [link] [comments]

    Remote doesn’t power on AppleTV, but works normally after using app.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 03:13 PM PDT

    For some reason, I can't power on my Apple TV 4K with the remote; however, once I use the app (to turn on AppleTV), the remote functions normally. The battery is fully charged. I am running the public beta, but didn't have any issues until recently.

    submitted by /u/MSD0
    [link] [comments]

    tvOS 13 4od channel 4 on demand playback bug

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 03:50 PM PDT

    I am currently experiencing a bug with 4od where whenever ads play in the middle of a program, after the ads finish the tv show restarts. I have to scrub all the way to the point where I was after they finish.

    Just here to find out if anyone else is experiencing this bug too?

    submitted by /u/AMFxC
    [link] [comments]

    Amazon Video not streaming HDR?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 01:59 PM PDT

    Never had a problem with Amazon before and I still don't with every other app....

    But right now Amazon Video isn't playing HDR for those shows that are supposed to have it. The video looks fine otherwise. It looks like they are just streaming an SDR 4k version.

    Anybody else seeing the same thing?

    submitted by /u/bgeerdes
    [link] [comments]

    Any former/current Roku users here?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 06:35 AM PDT

    My Roku 3 is feeling a little sluggish these days. I'm thinking about trying a new platform, and was wondering if any former Roku users have testimonials on what they like about the Apple TV vs their old system. Any Roku apps I'll miss? Any ATV-only apps I'll love?

    As someone with a Plex server, I'm really keen on trying the Infuse app, as I've read multiple times over on /r/plex that it's a fantastic media player.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/FeralFizgig
    [link] [comments]

    Missing wish list?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 08:07 PM PDT

    Was browsing movies and adding them to my wish list, as I usually do, and then was unable to find my wish list anywhere today!

    submitted by /u/perfectnobody12
    [link] [comments]

    YTTV App, ATV4K, HomePod, audio out of sync

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 07:43 AM PDT

    Latest version of the YTTV app on my ATV4K plays the audio over my HomePod about 3 secs ahead of what I am hearing out of my receiver. This issue is new.

    If I use the netflix or regular youtube app, there is no sync issues (using my Denon receiver and my HomePod, audio is perfectly synced using both devices at once).

    submitted by /u/RedRocker55
    [link] [comments]

    Impossible to Rent/Buy Movies on the Amazon Prime App?!

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 03:57 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I have the prime app installed on the Apple TV. It opens up like normal, and allows me to search for the movie/show I want. Once there, in the area that normally shows 'rent/buy', it just says 'how to rent/buy' and then just gives a sentence telling me to go to the website.

    Is it really not possible to rent/buy/stream movies from Amazon Prime via the prime app on Apple TV? Or am I doing something wrong here?

    Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/the_erudite_rider
    [link] [comments]

    Trailers app broken in tvOS 13b4?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 06:31 AM PDT

    Standard disclaimer: yes, I know it's a beta. No, I'm not upset or under the expectation that it must work.

    Is the trailers app broken in tvOS13b4 for anyone else? It's been crashing immediately for me since beta3... nothing helps (restart, etc.)

    submitted by /u/solarbeat
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel