• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 25, 2019

    iPad My setup for the day, love that mouse support

    iPad My setup for the day, love that mouse support


    My setup for the day, love that mouse support

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 01:26 AM PDT

    I love how much effort I put into my note taking now.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 10:15 AM PDT

    Tip for new buyers: If you plan to purchase the 11” iPad Pro, make sure you get AppleCare or insurance.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 03:29 PM PDT

    I bought my iPad from Amazon just under 2 months ago. Unfortunately I didn't get AppleCare as I never usually do. With a product like this, i definitely wish i had..Its bent a total of two times already after just 2 months of day to day home use. Honestly nothing out of this world. I always keep it in a 3rd party folio case and I've never placed it in a backpack either. Its worrying me a lot because i bought this for long-term but at this point Im worried it will barely last a year. I saw online that to fix the issue costs around 400-500euros, but for people who have AppleCare, its only 50euros. Can anyone suggest something I can do? Maybe even a case that would help prevent this?

    submitted by /u/Tnuoccatset6476
    [link] [comments]

    Charging Station Dock for Multiple Apple Pencils?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 11:09 AM PDT

    My university department is the proud new owner of 30 iPad Airs and 30 1st generation Apple Pencils. We have a charging cart for the iPads, but I need a charging solution for the Pencils themselves rather than asking the students to charge them each class. Does such a dock exist?

    submitted by /u/OmmBShur
    [link] [comments]

    Does Apple still replace 2017 Pros under Applecare?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 09:43 AM PDT

    Hi! Recently purchased a used Pro 10.5 and have been using it for gaming. I've noticed an issue where parts of the screen become unresponsive and the only workaround I've found so far is locking and unlocking the device to get it working again. I've also done a search and found that this is isn't an uncommon issue, and several people in the past have been able to get their Pros replaced due to this.

    Do you guys know if Apple is still replacing 2017 iPads, considering it has been discontinued? My Applecare expires at the end of this year.

    submitted by /u/ycombine123
    [link] [comments]

    Text Editing App Which Integrates With Dropbox

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 01:05 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm interested in using an iPad Pro to edit code and run it on a server. There are many great apps which enable SSH access, but I would like to be able to edit documents, save those edits to the server, and then run it via SSH.

    Does anyone know a good app which would allow this?

    submitted by /u/ggbggbggbggb
    [link] [comments]

    Steam games on an iPad that can't get Steam Link

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 08:07 AM PDT

    Hello, Hope this is the right place for this post...

    I have a somewhat old (4th Gen) iPad. I want to play Steam games on it (Streamed from my pc - for when I'm home, but don't want to sit at my desk, so I'll be connected to the same network as my PC via wifi). Since it's older, I can only have up to ios 10.3.3 on it, which means that I can't install Steam Link on it, as it requires ios 11. I've tried using Moonlight, which is great, but the only problem is to move the mouse around, you have to drag your finger to move the mouse, then tap the screen wherever the mouse is to click on something... The mouse cursor isn't right under your finger like a true touch screen would act. I've tried using Steam Link on my Android phone, and it does in fact, act like a true touch screen, but my phone is way too small for me to use it comfortably.

    Maybe what I'm looking for is any "remote desktop" with true touch screen support, but I'm not sure if I have the terminology correct. Also, (and this is probably just paranoia talking), I don't know how safe these remote desktops are... does that open up the possibility that someone could gain access to my pc or its info?

    Are there any apps (preferably free, but I'm willing to pay of course) that will allow me to Stream Steam games to my ipad and use true touch screen (So I can tap an icon directly on the screen and have it act like I'm clicking/double clicking/right clicking something on my pc)? I'm not looking to play games with major technical requirements... just simple puzzle/strategy type games for the most part. No desire to play games that would require a gamepad or anything like that, that's for sitting infront of the big screen.

    Thanks for the help, sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, and sorry that I sometimes get a bit long winded... I just always feel like I need to over-explain myself in these forums.

    submitted by /u/phunknsoul
    [link] [comments]

    iPad 9.7in (2018) or iPad Pro 10.5in (2017)

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 02:38 PM PDT

    So getting straight to the point. I want to get an iPad to take notes for school (college), consume media, and use it to read ebooks. I can get a used iPad 2018 with 32GB with a new 1st gen apple pencil for $300. I can also get a used iPad Pro 2017 with 64gb and used apple pencil for $400. They are both in excellent conditions. I just don't know which to get and for the people who have the iPad 2018, do you regret going with a 9.7in screen? Is it too small (I think that's my only concern along with which one is more future proof)?

    submitted by /u/mytoesis1
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to quickly turn off screen without pressing power button?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 04:48 AM PDT

    any gesture method will do, please guide...

    submitted by /u/ShinraX8
    [link] [comments]

    With iPad OS13 coming out, is the iPad (+Apple Pencil) a good alternative for students?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 01:29 PM PDT

    Don't really need the iPad for anything else other than school since I have a pc so just needed some opinions

    submitted by /u/yeetskeet42069
    [link] [comments]

    New iPad Pro 12.9 !

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 12:01 PM PDT

    I just bought a brand new 12.9 inch iPad Pro 256GB!! This will be my first apple device anyone got tips, or fun things that could be done on the iPad? I also bought the pencil with it for designing!

    Was wondering also what are the best ways to take care of the iPad, I was wanting to buy a sleeve case for the MacBook Pro and use it for my iPad, would this be a good idea?

    Just really need tips and tricks on how to really use it to its full capability's

    submitted by /u/KickTheCow
    [link] [comments]

    Adding more fonts to Photoshop Mix

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 08:14 AM PDT

    As the title says...I am using Photoshop Mix on my ipad 9.7 on the sideline to add scoreboards to in game images for football and the options for fonts is pretty limited. Does anyone know if you can install more fonts to Photoshop Mix?

    submitted by /u/jrozz333
    [link] [comments]

    Best Photo Editing App for iPad (Pro)

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 07:51 AM PDT

    So I used to use Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop, but cancelled my subscription because I'm not the biggest fan of that kind of payment. I'm trying to get back into photo editing and I'm looking for apps for my iPad Pro that can really help me edit my RAW files to make some quality looking photos. Any recommendations for the best app? If it overwhelmingly turns out to be an Adobe application, I may have to consider the subscription again, but all suggestions and your own experiences with the suggested apps are welcome! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/AppleJV
    [link] [comments]

    Folks on iPad OS, Does plugging in a SuperDrive work?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 06:53 AM PDT

    With iPad OS brining support for external drives, I wondered if the USB SuperDrive DVD would work when plugged into iPad OS. Ideally it would play a DVD or Allow me to rip import an audio CD. I know optical media is pretty dead these days, just curious if anyone has tried. I'm waiting for iPad OS's public release as my iPad is my main machine.

    submitted by /u/therubberduckie
    [link] [comments]

    Best Video Editing Software for Ipad?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 09:08 PM PDT

    Hi guys i am just wondering if you can suggest a video software that can add images and several audio files on top of videos. Because right now i am using Quik Video Editor and it does not allow for more than one audio file and images are not allowed to overlap videos.

    submitted by /u/Aegle_
    [link] [comments]

    Good app for 3D design with simple shapes (i.e., not full CAD)

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 06:33 AM PDT

    I'm not completely sure how to describe what I want, and so I've had no luck searching. Hence this question. Basically, I'm after an app that will let me design layouts of 3D shapes (mostly cubes/cuboids, connectors, and maybe a few slightly more complex geometric shapes) and view them from various angles. The 2D equivalent would be a flowchart/diagram editor, or even just a squared paper background on something like GoodNotes, but it's the 3D aspect that's hard to find.

    My main intended use is for laying out designs for Minecraft bases, so you can imagine I'm not going to be using complex building blocks :-)

    If anyone has any suggestions, or even just good search terms that might help me find what I want without getting endless links to things like Autodesk and Shapr3d, that seem way overspecified for what I want, I'd be really grateful!

    submitted by /u/pf_moore
    [link] [comments]

    I just got an iPad mini 5. I upgraded from the mini 2, I got the smart case for it. IT seems apple doesn’t seem to sell the full case for the 5. Are there any cases very similar to it. I love how it protects the back and the front

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 05:31 PM PDT

    this will delete all my files and videos saved in my Files app? am I understanding correctly?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 08:37 PM PDT

    How's the 4G reception in 2018 or higher models?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 06:14 PM PDT

    At the moment, I have a XS Max, an 8 Plus and an Air 2 LTE in the house, all using the same carrier. The 8 Plus and the Air 2 consistently max out at 1-1.5 MBps. The XS Max however, maxes out around 7 MBps for downloading things.

    Of course, its not just the downloads, the XS Max is also better at maintaining signal in areas at poorer connectivity. I've heard that the speed improvements in the XS Max are related to the dual antenna design and not necessarily due to internal modem changes. I could be wrong about this though.

    So, r/iPad ... I'm looking to upgrade my iPad Air 2 LTE model to maybe an iPad Pro 11" 2018 LTE. In the showrooms, it is impossible to test out cellular connectivity, so I was wondering if folks here can point to sources which show performance improvements or can perhaps relate their personal experience with cellular iPads from 2018 or onwards.

    If the speed/reception hasn't improved much, maybe I should save a buck and get the Wifi only model.

    Thanks for any advice/suggestions!

    submitted by /u/anonlerker
    [link] [comments]

    I pad 2nd gen forgot password

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 08:55 PM PDT

    My son has an iPad 2nd gen and forgot password. We don't have iTunes. It's never been connected to iTunes. It won't connect to the WiFi since we've changed the password and I can't remember the old one. I've used the find my iPad app to erase it but it can't until it's connected to the internet. What now?

    submitted by /u/12sGirl89
    [link] [comments]

    Scratched on the back

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 12:21 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I've already published a similar question in another subreddit, but I think that here I can have more answers, since more iPad users can read.

    Just bought an iPad Pro space gray. I usually use my Keyboard Folio, but I've put the charger on its fragile naked back (without cover). Do you think that I could have schratched? I see that famous you tubers use it nacked all the time.

    submitted by /u/Ricca21
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel