• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 25, 2019

    Apple TV LG will roll out out AirPlay 2 and HomeKit to 2019 smart TVs on Thursday

    Apple TV LG will roll out out AirPlay 2 and HomeKit to 2019 smart TVs on Thursday


    LG will roll out out AirPlay 2 and HomeKit to 2019 smart TVs on Thursday

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 07:26 AM PDT

    Connect Apple TV without remote

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 02:08 AM PDT

    I was hoping for some advice. I purchased an appleTV gen 3 for dirt cheap with the catch being no remote.

    I have an iPad with the apple remote app. The apple tv is connected to the tv and works, and an ethernet cable into the modem. Casting works without issues.

    My goal is to use the apple remote app to control the apple tv.. but I can figure out how to even set that up. Does anyone know how I can achieve this?

    Thank you in advance :)

    submitted by /u/xirdn
    [link] [comments]

    If you place Netflix on the top row of the 4th gen Apple TV it gives you the option of continuing your shows on the top row similar to the Apple TV app. It didn’t start my show but went straight to the episodes page.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 11:33 AM PDT

    FXNow problems amoung otherd

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 11:44 PM PDT

    Anyone have "up next" problems with FXNOW, AMC, and some others? AMC likes to restart the show if I stopped and resumed. FXNOW just doesn't show up. There are a couple others but I can't remember off the top of my head. Also, is there a.ax limit to how many shows "up next" will show you either in the home page or the tv app?

    submitted by /u/Dgoldfe13
    [link] [comments]

    Got a free Roku Ultra for buying a TV at Best Buy. It made me realize that my Apple TV 4K is so MUCH nicer!

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 09:15 AM PDT

    Got a free Roku Ultra for buying a TV at Best Buy.

    After using it for a couple of days, it made me realize that my Apple TV 4K is so MUCH nicer!

    ....athough I must say that the Roku Ultra makes a really nice big paperweight.(about the size of a large pancake)

    submitted by /u/Diebstahlsicherung
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4th gen and MacBook Pro

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 09:23 PM PDT

    This might be a dumb question but I can't find an answer to this anywhere because all the Apple TV 4K articles have made searching the topic impossible.

    I have a MacBook Pro and a 4K lg tv (I got it used for almost nothing). I don't watch any 4K content, but would like to be able to use cast my screen from my laptop to the tv occasionally when doing work.

    If I buy a used Apple TV 4th gen (not 4K) will be able to share my screen at native resolution or is that also limited to 1080p?

    Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/bricktopus
    [link] [comments]

    Lost Four TV Seasons and One Movie

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 08:43 PM PDT

    Anyone else lose content purchased on the 22nd and/or 23rd? I bought some seasons and one movie on those days and was even able to watch some of the movie, but they're gone from my library now. I can look in iTunes and see them in my purchase history but they're not in any library. If I search for them the option to buy them is still there. I was on chat support for about an hour, they said it's a known issue and they had no ETA on a fix.

    They did make me walk through all the steps to make sure I wasn't just looking in the wrong place too, BTW. I had a theory that they might have been yanked because of a problem charging my card. But nope, I checked with my bank and I was charged. Also, I've purchased several movies after these that still work.

    submitted by /u/shawnhopkins
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV4 won't play many shows & movie trailers in ATV App

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 07:32 PM PDT

    For some reason, my Apple TV 4k (owned for about 2 weeks) will not play certain trailers within the Apple TV App in tvOS. That is, when navigating to the trailer just below the main info page for a show or movie, the 1st trailer (if there are multiple) will not play, and will result in a black screen with the white pinwheel. However, if one remains on the main page (without scrolling down to trailers and extras) and waits, the main trailer does autoplay without issue.

    I have tried completely resetting to factory defaults, and that cures the problem for less than a day. However, the problem always reoccurs.

    On movies with multiple trailers, it's always the first trailer that doesn't work when using the touchpad to scroll down to the trailers and extras section.

    Does anyone else run into this problem, and should I send this back for Apple to replace with a new one? I have already called Apple support who recommended doing the factory reset, which (temporarily) worked; I have reset the ATV twice and had this problem reoccur again both times.

    This happens on probably about 40% of the entire content catalog, so it is quite annoying, and one doesn't want to factor reset the device every day.

    Note that this is not a problem with the connection, as it is wired to ethernet and speedtest.net is always around 100mbps.

    submitted by /u/Poleskit
    [link] [comments]

    I have a Samsung tv with the Apple TV app preinstalled, should I still get an Apple TV 4K?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 11:07 PM PDT

    HD on Netflix coming through 4k. I just noticed The movie is HD, when I Play it, comes through as 4k. (Sorry for background noise)

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 06:47 PM PDT

    I need help but I don’t if this is the right place

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 06:32 PM PDT

    Apple is going to release a streaming service in the fall, are they going to release an app for the ps4 or I will need an Apple TV ?

    submitted by /u/zedasmotas
    [link] [comments]

    tvOS 13 beta - TV app question around library items

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 02:56 PM PDT

    Hi,

    Wasn't sure if I should post here or in the iOS Beta sub reddit. Also tried posting this yesterday and it never showed up.

    A few things I absolutely hate about the TV app on tvOS 12.3, is that as far as I can tell:

    1. No way to list only 'unwatched' library items.
    2. When clicking on a library item, it automatically plays instead of bringing you to the 'info' screen (as it does on the TV app for iOS and on the tvOS Itunes Movie and TV apps).
    3. There is no sort of watched indicator on previously viewed items (iOS TV app at least marks tv shows as watched).
    4. It would also be nice if movies that are part of a collection were sorted properly, but this has been an ongoing issue across multiple apps/platforms and is probably asking too much.

    Are any of these points addressed in tvOS 13?

    I don't typically install betas, but if any of these TV app 'issues' are addressed in tvOS 13, I probably will.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/pheare_me
    [link] [comments]

    Reset Home Screen on Apple TV

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 10:27 AM PDT

    Is there a way that I can reset the home screen on my Apple TV like I can do on iPhone? I want all the apps in their original places as if I just bought the Apple TV for the first time. I don't know how to get it back otherwise.

    submitted by /u/NSWMGN
    [link] [comments]

    4K Apple TV shows no signal and I don’t have a remote. Help

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 11:03 AM PDT

    Would you rather lose image quality or sound quality?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 06:11 AM PDT

    So, I've always had my Apple TV 4K connected directly to my tv and my soundbar connected to the hdmi arc port on my tv with no issue. I read more in depth on here and found out to get the best sound is to directly plug my at4k to the soundbar then the soundbar to the hdmi arc. It sounds night and day better but the hdmi port is only a 1080p port versus the other 4K ports. What would you do?

    submitted by /u/thafranchize
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV Home Sharing over Ethernet

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 08:58 PM PDT

    So, I have just bought an Apple TV 4K and have connected it to my TV and done the basic setup. The Apple TV is connected to a 10GB/1GB switch (one of the 1GB ports), which is in turn connected to a 10GB switch at the other end of the apartment. That 10GB switch then connects to my router. I have an iMac Pro that is also connected to that latter 10GB switch. Both the iMac and Apple TV has fixed IP addresses, on the same network, with the same subnet mask etc etc.

    On the Apple TV, I can connect to the App Store, I can connect to iCloud to use iCloud Photos. But I cannot get Home Sharing from iTunes on the iMac to work. On the Apple TV when I try and find another Computer it never finds anything. I've tried rebooting everything multiple times, but nothing seems to help.

    Does Home Sharing only work over WiFi? Any help much appreciated as this is driving me ever so slightly nuts!

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/the_roger_mellie
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel