• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 25, 2019

    Apple iOS Nothing new, but wanted to post my take on a new call interface.

    Apple iOS Nothing new, but wanted to post my take on a new call interface.


    Nothing new, but wanted to post my take on a new call interface.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 09:44 AM PDT

    Pi-hole + VPN sufficient for general security/privacy on iPhone?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 03:07 AM PDT

    Pi-Hole or AdGuard for DNS blocking + VPN

    Is that sufficient in terms of blocking ads/trackers and handling traffic system-wide? Or is there any thing else I should do?

    Some other apps I use for security/privacy purposes - Signal for messaging - BitWarden for PW management - FF for browser

    Would welcome any other app recommendations

    submitted by /u/bogdan_bogdan
    [link] [comments]

    The bookshelf wallpaper was was all the rave back in 2011. Does anybody still use a wallpaper like this?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 04:22 PM PDT

    I don’t understand

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 07:17 AM PDT

    Mail to Reminders via screenshot in iOS 13

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 07:39 AM PDT

    Just found out that if you take a screenshot of an email, you can add this email to reminders from the share sheet of the screenshot edit mode. Before it was only available via Siri.

    submitted by /u/AlekseiZee
    [link] [comments]

    Just found my old iPod, really want this old Apple Music look on my iphone

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 02:21 PM PDT

    [Q] How to disable the instagram suggestion ?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 02:31 AM PDT

    Minor bug in Safari! iOS 13 dev beta

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 08:18 PM PDT

    I get an "Airdrop failed to save item. Save to iCloud Drive instead?" notification every morning. How can I fix this?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 02:15 AM PDT

    It's been a week. I airdropped some files form my mac to my iphone X (ios 12.3.1) and ever since, every morning i get this notification. If i tap on it or unlock my phone, it disappears. But comes back the next morning I think at 9am. Anyone got the same problem? Anyone knows how to get rid of it? Thanks

    submitted by /u/idontloveanyone
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud photos - questions

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 04:56 AM PDT

    Hi, My iPhone storage is almost full, due to great amount of photos and videos (mostly from my son) :) I keep seeing the notification that my storage is full and that I should consider moving to a paid iCloud storage so my photos would be migrated to iCloud and it would free up space on my phone.

    The thing is I'm a bit freaky when it comes to backing up my files. Today I backup my phone to my computer, then make 2 backups out of it to external drives. Having a local backup is also good when I want to restore the iPhone from any backup, it doesn't take much time.

    Also, while I do like sometimes the way Apple "just works", I really don't like not knowing what happens in cases other than the ones Apple wants (forces) you to use their services.

    So I have some questions about it, what would happen in case I do move my photos to iCloud.

    1) Since the photos would no longer be available on the device, what happens when I backup my phone to my computer? I assume the photos won't be backed up anymore, right?

    2) Having the photos only in the cloud, and not available anywhere else, means I have no backup at all (backup = having something in at least 2 places). If something bad happens to iCloud (and you know, these shit happen) one could lose all photos/videos. How do people deal with that?

    3) What happens when the iCloud storage gets full as well? Would I be forced to upgrade the plan to get extra space? What if I decided not to, what would happen? Would the next photos/videos be stored only locally on my phone and not in the cloud? How does iCloud deal with this situation?

    4) What happens if after a while having migrated to iCloud photos I decide to cancel the plan? Would all my photos be downloaded back to my phone and removed from iCloud? If so, what if my phone storage is not enough for downloading all photos again? Or would they be kept on iCloud and from that moment on my next photos would be stored only locally? How would I get my full size photos from iCloud then?

    I'd be glad to hear experiences from other users on those questions. Thanks a lot! :)

    submitted by /u/zenluiz
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11R

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 04:51 AM PDT

    Thinking about updating to iPhone 11R from my iPhone 8 Plus later this year in September / October. Hoping that it'll have better battery life than the iPhone XR (hopefully 10-12 hrs "screen on time" with 2 days off charge time). I wouldn't even mind if Apple uses iPhone 3 display to get better battery out of it. We shall see what Apple unfolds this year. Kinda odd that apples cheapest device now has the best battery life (comparing iPhone XS Max vs iPhone XR), as previously the plus devices had the best battery and cost more than cheaper models. Who else is excited to see what the iPhone 11R has to offer?

    submitted by /u/zmwright87
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else constantly notice micro lags especially with 3D Touch and scrolling on the 10s? I recently upgraded from my iPhone 7 to a 10s and this thing has so many microlags. I read up on articles that say the Xs had issues with this already and for the price this shouldn’t be an issue.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 03:45 AM PDT

    For example if I scroll in Apollo it sometimes has a delay to actually scroll and it makes it feel like I'm using an android. 3D Touch consistently lags a lot especially when 3D touching on pictures and pulling up.

    submitted by /u/makingreenwithice
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 12.4 Wi-Fi bug

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 02:41 AM PDT

    I updated my iPhone X to iOS 12.4 and discovered an annoying bug.

    Every time I reboot my phone, Wi-Fi would automatically turned on even if I turned it off before rebooting and after rebooting and then when I reboot again viola! Wi-Fi is turned back on.

    Edit: Turned it off from settings not control centre.

    Any fixes?

    I already did a network settings reset.

    submitted by /u/Dark_Nate
    [link] [comments]

    Easiest way to download all content on Google Photos to my iOS device

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 09:39 PM PDT

    I'm switching from an Android device to iOS deivce recently and I have ca. 10000 photos stored in google photos cloud, and I would like to download them all to my new device.

    Apart from manually select all the photos and download them to my device, is there any faster way to do it?

    I know I can download the photos to my PC and sync with Itunes but via that way I cannot edit or delete them on my iPhone either so I don't want to go this way.

    Anyone can help?

    submitted by /u/Andererdoo
    [link] [comments]

    Let siri use apps when driving

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 12:27 AM PDT

    On Iphone when driving mode is activated, Siri can't use shortcut to activate Waze to drive to a location without me stopping the car.

    I hope apple would change that.

    submitted by /u/young_nitz
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the best way to password protect ZIP archives on iOS, WinZip app?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 12:26 AM PDT

    Checkout Lockdown, an open source firewall for iOS!

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 11:23 AM PDT

    What is the best alternative camera app right now (preferably that shoots RAW, an option for video would be nice too but maybe Filmic would be more appropriate for that) ?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 04:37 PM PDT

    Is it Halide ? Is it moments ?

    submitted by /u/EntropySponge
    [link] [comments]

    Updated to iOS 12.4, but the cellular update has failed ?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 08:51 PM PDT

    This is my 4th iPhone, which I just paid off and the first time I've had this error. Is this normal now after 2yrs ? I did the wired update through my desktop and iTunes but it's still showing this error. I'm really frustrated if I need to get a phone after just paying off, any advice or suggestions?

    submitted by /u/SubspaceBiographies
    [link] [comments]

    iOS badly needs an auto homescreen organization

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 08:14 PM PDT

    Instead of swiping left and right multiple times , iOS grid needs to organize itself to sort apps by most used to least used. If an app is used more it should move up and change positions so that the apps you need the most are on the first page. Even creating app folders should have some level of automation such as identifying the app categories and suggesting grouped folders for everything

    submitted by /u/Bulbasaur2015
    [link] [comments]

    Minor bug in Safari homepage (Dev beta 4)

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 07:53 PM PDT

    Software update on iOS?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 07:28 PM PDT

    Who updates their iphone vs who doesn't update their iphone?

    What are the benefits of not updating to latest software updates? Jailbreak, better battery life?

    What are the benefits of updating? Security?

    submitted by /u/zmwright87
    [link] [comments]

    Restoing from backup causes losing recent iCloud Notes?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 07:16 PM PDT

    Around 2017, I had such experience: - Day1: backup iPhone using iTunes - Day2: make some changes to iCloud Notes. Confirm it has been synced on my Mac. - Day3: restore iPhone using the backup from day1

    Then I found the Notes was restored to day1 either on my Mac or the iPhone -- changes in day2 was missing. I am not sure whether restoring from an iCloud Backup would cause this too.

    Is it some addressed bug? Could I use iTunes/iCloud restoring safely without reverting iCloud synced items in 2019?

    submitted by /u/ffffwh
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel