• Breaking News

    Friday, July 19, 2019

    Apple Macbook My MacBook Pro has the Red Ring of Death. I think... My Mac will turn on and off, but it never gets past this screen. It is white and has these red lines strewn across the screen. When it does finish loading, the screen just stays pure white. Can anyone help me? :(

    Apple Macbook My MacBook Pro has the Red Ring of Death. I think... My Mac will turn on and off, but it never gets past this screen. It is white and has these red lines strewn across the screen. When it does finish loading, the screen just stays pure white. Can anyone help me? :(


    My MacBook Pro has the Red Ring of Death. I think... My Mac will turn on and off, but it never gets past this screen. It is white and has these red lines strewn across the screen. When it does finish loading, the screen just stays pure white. Can anyone help me? :(

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 05:49 PM PDT

    I’d buy the 2019 MacBook Pro

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 04:10 PM PDT

    This updated version of the MacBook Pro is light years faster than it's predecessor and the quad core really makes a difference especially with video editing. For $1200 with a student deal it's hard to beat, and I gotta say it has been great so far for school. Screen is extremely bright (500 nits!) and is a beauty. TBH I was debating whether or not to get the iPad Pro for school, and adding up the price it ended up really close to what you'd be paying for a MacBook. So, I'm general if you're deciding whether or not it's worth it, I'd say it most definitely is. Here's a video explaining my brief touch on this:

    https://youtu.be/EvCoehf_qGw

    submitted by /u/Menegeboy
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Charger is Yellow?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 12:16 PM PDT

    Hi! Just bought a 2014 retina macbook pro from this guy, and the entire charging cord is yellow? I know that there is often a yellowing of the cord near the end due to heating issues but with mine, but the ENTIRE thing is yellow from the power brick to the magsafe connector. Any guesses as to why? and is it fixable? Maybe i can use white electrical tape to turn it white again?

    Example pictures compared to an iPhone charging cable. https://imgur.com/a/ZcUsRyB

    edit: my first guess was smoke.. but idk.

    submitted by /u/znbrook
    [link] [comments]

    Question for all the Pro users here

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 08:27 PM PDT

    So I currently have the Macbook Air 2018. I hook it up to a 4k monitor for the extra screen real estate. I've noticed that when I have multiple tabs open on chrome, the fans will start to go into overdrive and get really loud and obnoxious.

    For the people who are using the Pro MacBooks, do you have a problem with this? I'm considering upgrading to the 2.4ghz 13" model just so that I don't have to deal with this anymore. Will I be dealing with fan issues if I upgrade?

    submitted by /u/kinglee2015
    [link] [comments]

    gaming on a late 2011 Macbook pro

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 02:51 PM PDT

    So i was wondering if there is any way to play games that use metal and not OpenGL on my late 2011 macbook pro without using bootcamp and installing windows.

    Thanks for the help.

    submitted by /u/FatPandaTwitch
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrade laptop or wait? (Macbook Pro 2012)

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 04:20 PM PDT

    Hi I currently have a Macbook Pro mid-2012 13 inch laptop.

    I have been thinking of getting an upgrade. Do you think I should wait a year for the new keyboards (due to the unreliability of the butterfly keyboards) or get a new laptop (looking at a Macbook Air 2019)? My current laptop needs to get the battery serviced.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/PreviousResearcher
    [link] [comments]

    Help purchasing my first MacBook please

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 04:13 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I'm thinking of getting my first MacBook, but not sure if I should get the basic 2019 MacBook Pro with 256 Gb SSD OR. A refurbished MacBook Pro 2018 model, from Apple, same SSD capacity and RAM. The advantage of the refurbished one is a better processor (2.3 Vs 1.4 GHz) and 4 USB-C ports rather than 2. The refurbished is cheaper by £50.

    submitted by /u/psygrass
    [link] [comments]

    Do you guys keep your Macbook Pro charged all the time and notice nothing wrong?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 04:04 AM PDT

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/chung_kal
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use a USB flash drive for Windows boot instead of native ssd partition?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 02:58 PM PDT

    2015 MacBook pro. I want to know if it's possible to load windows on a flash drive instead of having to petition internal ssd and use that. Reason is I only have 128gb native storage. If not no big deal but looking for a way so bulk of file is offloaded somehow

    submitted by /u/gingernuts13
    [link] [comments]

    Mojave battery issues on 10.14.5?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 02:37 PM PDT

    Currently running a 13" MBP Retina from 2015 and before upgrading to mojave (was on high sierra) I could let the computer sleep and only lose 1-2% over night. I upgraded to Mojave last night and did the steps shown in this thread. I lost 11% over night. Currently the battery is in good health and only has 171 power cycles. What can I do to slow the battery drain?

    any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/RedditIsSuchTrash
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air 2019 vs Macbook Pro 2018

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 12:31 PM PDT

    For the base models. What is the better laptop? Faster CPU?

    submitted by /u/Aulines
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Sidecar.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 03:21 AM PDT

    I was very excited about the sidecar feature. I got my first macbook ever a week ago, so im kind of new to the Mac OS. I downloaded/installed the iPadOS and MacOS Catalina Beta's and all that is working fine (i love the new Catalina wallpaper).

    Now i can find my iPad in airplay, but i cant do anything with it. Also in different videos i've seen the Airplay icon show up in the menu bar, which also doesn't happen to me.

    - They are both connected to Bluetooth.

    - They are both connected to the same WiFi

    - When i search 'sidecar' in systempreferences, i can find it, but i cannot open it. (probably where the problem is)

    submitted by /u/Jochemb47
    [link] [comments]

    Complete Developer Environment for £2.5k

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 02:06 AM PDT

    Hi r/MacBook,

    My budget is £2.5k and I'm looking for a complete setup for a programmer. I've been researching the best dock/dual screen combination for a while but it's hard finding concrete information on compatibility. I'll be using the Mac's screen as a third screen too.

    Requirements:

    • MacBook Pro 256gb, 16gb ram
    • 2x screens (probably 27") + monitor arms
    • dock (will need Ethernet port + usb/usb c)
    • keyboard/mouse/bluetooth headset

    Would love to hear from anyone with a similar setup!

    submitted by /u/candurz
    [link] [comments]

    I want to get a MacBook

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 12:12 AM PDT

    I've been thinking about getting a Mac for awhile, I want a laptop I can work on, and maybe play Minecraft. And I've narrowed it down to a Mac. However I don't know what model I should get. So if I could get some input to help me decide that would be great.

    submitted by /u/itsmartezi
    [link] [comments]

    The App Store

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 11:48 PM PDT

    I was using my new MacBook and tried to get on the App Store but it said I wasn't connected to the server. I was connected and I checked that I was. I am just asking if any of you are facing the same problem

    submitted by /u/explanatoryschoolkid
    [link] [comments]

    Battery Trouble...

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 11:46 PM PDT

    I'm not a very techie person so bear with me and my stupid questions lol.

    I have had a Early 2011 MacBook Pro since it's release, but I think the battery is completely shot.

    The battery goes from 100 to 10 in about 45 minutes of use, but I'm not at all interested in buying a whole new Mac.

    Replacement of the battery looks relatively simple from the videos I've seen on YouTube, but where should I purchase one from? I don't really want to spend an arm and a leg considering it's 8 years old, but I need it to get me through at least another full year of use at college without having to drag my charger everywhere.

    Also the non slip grips at the bottom of it are almost gone... anyone know what those are actually called? I'd like to replace those too, just to make it look a little nicer lol. I've tried so many different keywords, and i never seem to be able to find them anywhere I look.

    submitted by /u/emmeitme
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel