• Breaking News

    Friday, July 19, 2019

    Apple Help How much would this cost me to repair...? (Canadian currency)

    Apple Help How much would this cost me to repair...? (Canadian currency)


    How much would this cost me to repair...? (Canadian currency)

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 01:54 PM PDT

    I can’t download anything because of a gift card with no money and I can’t remove it because it says that even though all my subscriptions have expired. I have and Iphone 6

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 04:02 AM PDT

    Just upgraded to a new phone and can’t send or receive imessages because it won’t activate imessage. worked a bit ago

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 05:02 PM PDT

    Bought a new mbp today, it did this after opening up the lid about 2hrs into use, should I be worried?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 10:03 PM PDT

    Can’t decide if I should return my MBA

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 08:54 PM PDT

    Hi all —

    I used a 2014 MacBook Air with 8 GB RAM without issue for 5 years. I am a software developer, but I rarely compile things - usually I'm writing Ruby, PHP, or working with AWS.

    My laptop died last week and I immediately bought the 2019 Air with 16 GB RAM as it had just come out. When it arrived the other night, the Apple store employee seemed shocked I hadn't spent the additional $220 (I get AppleCare+) for the entry level pro.

    I used the Air today without issue. Seems better than my 2014 MBA, and I love the new screen with True Tone. That being said, I only have 12 days to decide if I want to swap.

    Battery life has always been important to me, but now it seems the MBP has the same battery life, if not longer!

    I don't anticipate ever needing to play games or edit video or photos... I'm mostly a command line guy, run Atom + Slack + Safari. I could see myself getting into some more local development where I may want to run some docket containers. Would that completely crush the dual core i5 even with 16 GB RAM?

    Should I future proof with the additional $220 processor upgrade or should I buy a share of Apple stock and use this MBA for the next few years?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/manlymatt83
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck on loading screen after login and restart

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 08:42 PM PDT

    Hey, so I've been stuck on this loading screen after restarting my Mac. Been looking for a solution. I've tried many options, but nothing seems to work and I don't want to lose all my files on my mac. Safe mode doesn't seem to start up and no other things like holding shift or command and that kind of stuff does anything. I restarted it because it was frozen when I tried to delete some trash. Not sure if that affected anything.

    http://imgur.com/kt7YlEX

    If you can help I'd really appreciate it. Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/WhoIsBrent
    [link] [comments]

    Boot camp with Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse not working

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 08:01 PM PDT

    So long story short, I own a Microsoft Bluetooth mouse and a Microsoft Surface keyboard.

    When I boot into windows they don't work. If I use a wired keyboard to get them to work, all is good. However then if I boot back to Mac OS, The keyboard and mouse don't work.

    Am I doing something wrong here?

    (Mac Mini 2018 running 10.14.5, Bootcamp running a copy of Windows 10 Pro (Not cracked))

    submitted by /u/_17chan
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard cleaning

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 07:36 PM PDT

    So I have a newer MacBook Pro with that butterfly keyboard or whatever and noticed a few keys just being flat.. they still work but they just don't have any spring to them.. does apple clean the keyboard for free? Should I just buy an air compressor?

    submitted by /u/brooklynturk
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 can not be restored

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 07:29 PM PDT

    Hello all. I am attempting to restore my iPhone 7 (not jailbroken). I am restoring because I had an issue with the phone accessing cellular data, and the phone recommended I reinstall iOS through iTunes. So I plugged my phone into my PC which has the latest version of iTunes and attempted to restore it to factory iOS.

    Soon into the process, there is a connection error between the phone and iTunes. I have gotten the following errors:

    The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (9).

    The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (14).

    Error 0xE8000065

    After looking them up, I find that they all have an issue with the connection between the phone and iTunes. Moreover, the phone is stuck in the "restore" process, meaning I can not unlock it or actually use it.

    I have tried using different USB cables, different ports on my PC, and restarting my phone by holding down the power and lower audio buttons. None of this has worked and I continue to run into USB issues when I try to restore my phone on iTunes.

    Does anybody know of something that I can do? Thank you

    submitted by /u/starwarsbv
    [link] [comments]

    Update payment information won’t go away. My fiancé added me on family sharing and now this comes up. It won’t let me edit the payment information and apple help page is a dead end. How do I fix this issue?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 07:25 PM PDT

    Lost my AirPods, how does find my iPhone work?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 03:36 PM PDT

    I lost my AirPods the other day, and am not sure how find my iPhone work regarding them. FMI said they were last at my friends house, which is where I last remember having them. FMI says the AirPods have been offline since being at that location.

    When will that location update? Will that location update if someone holds my airpods up to their phone to see the name of it? Or will it only update if someone links it to their phone?

    submitted by /u/Robu_Rucchi
    [link] [comments]

    Mid 2012 MacBook Pro airdropping

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 07:22 PM PDT

    I have a Mid 2012 MacBook Pro that I use to airdrop photos to my iPhone X. Whenever i try to airdrop photos from my iPhone to my laptop, it never appears as an option.

    I've looked online on several different occasions as to why this might be and have tried all the troubleshooting I can find (rebooting both devices, changing airdrop settings etc.) but nothing has worked.

    Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

    TL;DR: Why can't I airdrop from my iPhone X to my Mid 2012 MacBook Pro?

    Edit: Both devices are running the latest MacOS/iOS

    submitted by /u/thenewzealanderr
    [link] [comments]

    So have asked for help on this before and got nothing. Does anyone know how to fix this? It’s only when i text Android devices and I have not actived Esim im using iphone xs

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 07:15 PM PDT

    2012 MacBook Pro 13” won’t play DVD’s.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 06:58 PM PDT

    I haven't used my Mac for about 18 months, I didn't need it mostly. I updated to Sierra 10.12.6 I think a while back. But everything else on the MacBook is working fine, it just won't play DVD's. It just opens up a folder and has audio files and video files. Any help?

    submitted by /u/idaremyselfintoalot
    [link] [comments]

    Having iMessage issues on my new phone.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 06:58 PM PDT

    Just upgraded from a 6S plus to a XS Max. After we left Best Buy we went to Target and my fiancé tried to text me but it never sent. After we got home and my old phone came back into WiFi it suddenly lit up with notifications from people on iMessage. I'm not having any trouble messaging with other people and after I messaged her it started working to let her message me on my new phone which has me wondering if there aren't other people trying to message me that I can't hear from. Any suggestions on what I need to do?

    submitted by /u/Steffan514
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 2015 sleeping while being used and charging?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 06:58 PM PDT

    I use my 13" Macbook Pro Retina (early 2015) connected to two dual monitors. It's plugged into the charger and the laptop screen closed.

    My problem is that it goes to sleep even when I'm in the middle of typing or moving my mouse or watching videos. Sometimes it happens when I'm not doing anything intensive and sometimes it happens when I'm 3d modeling and rendering.

    My dual monitors go black and say "no signal detected" until I click my mouse or press a key on my bluetooth keyboard. Spotify pauses my music when it happens. Videos (YT, Netflix, and other players) continue to play but audio stops until I click with my mouse/keyboard.

    My energy saver settings are set to go to sleep after 3 hours when connected to the power adapter. "Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off" is checked.

    I've tried turning it off and on, a PRAM reset and an SMC reset but it's still doing the same thing. I'm on OS X Mojave 10.14. Anyone have any ideas?

    submitted by /u/skartreuse
    [link] [comments]

    What MacBook Pro’s do Apple still support that are outside of warranty ?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 06:24 PM PDT

    I have two old MacBooks that I want to get the batteries replaced does Apple do battery replacements for 2011 and 2012 MacBook Pro's

    submitted by /u/xkcx123
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone wants to eat my photos.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 04:51 PM PDT

    On occasion I airdrop a photo from my iPad to my iPhone. My iPhone asks if I want to use cloud backup (kinda thought I already was using it), I say yes then it warns me that since it was originally synced in itunes, there are 50 photos it plans to delete (unclear about from where). Being paranoid about my photos, I back out. What's happening here, and how do I know what is being backed up? I'm old, so a lot of this stuff is new to me.

    submitted by /u/Detwom
    [link] [comments]

    Mid 2012 Macbook Pro Wifi Issue

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 04:51 PM PDT

    Frequently my Macbook will refuse to connect to wifi. The two main issues are that the wifi symbol will read "no hardware detected" or it will simply stay off and refuse to turn on. The strange thing is that ethernet always works, and if I restart the computer while the ethernet cable is connected, the wifi will almost always start working when I turn the computer back on. However it doesn't keep working forever and eventually I get "no hardware detected."

    This issue only began when I did some home repairs on my laptop. I replaced RAM, put a new hard drive in, replaced the keyboard, and replaced the glass on the screen. On the last repair, I was a bit sloppy with the heat gun and melted the clutch cover, which initially made me think I damaged the wifi that way. And yet, I started to notice it would start working with the trick I mentioned earlier, which leads me to believe there's a software issue.

    I look forward to any advice you might be able to give me on this. For reference, I am running the current Mojave 10.14.5

    submitted by /u/herohomicide
    [link] [comments]

    Can HFS+ Time Machine create backup from newly formatted APFS MacBook Pro's SSD?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 04:34 PM PDT

    Hello, I hope someone help me with this quickly. I am upgrading my partner's MacBook Pro Mid 2012 HDD to SSD for speed benefits. I followed the instruction from MacSales' video for replacing the hard drive and following MacSales' instruction of how to transfer the data from his HDD to SSD. I replaced the hard drive and put SSD in, then attached the HDD to external accessories then connected to MacBook Pro via USB. And booted to Recovery Mode, went to Disk Utility to format the SSD. It said to format the SSD to APFS. I decided to google it because it is not something that I am familiar with APFS and I rather to read up to understand what it is. I found that Time Machine is somewhat compatible with APFS. My partner's Time Machine is an external hard drive formatted as HFS+. I want to know can Time Machine (formatted as HFS+) create backup of his newly SSD formatted as APFS? This is the question I am looking for and it is not easy question to find since most of the search focus on Time Machine formatting as APFS. Or format the SSD to HFS+?

    Let me know soon because the MacBook Pro is on Disk Utility in Recovery Mode now, waiting for me to format the SSD to which file system. My partner is over my shoulder watching and nervous about the fate of his MacBook Pro.

    My partner MacBook is MacBook Pro mid 2012, I believe on macOS Mojave.

    submitted by /u/hearingnone
    [link] [comments]

    Airpods Named Themselves?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 04:34 PM PDT

    When i first connected my brand new air pods to my phone, they didn't come up as "____'s Airpods." Instead they came up as "Princess's Airpods." At first i though it had something to do with the name of my iphone, but it seems that it's not because my phone's name is just my own name.

    submitted by /u/_blankets_
    [link] [comments]

    My Notes from 3 years ago randomly appeared after downgrading...help?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 04:33 PM PDT

    Machine: Mid-2015 15" Macbook Pro & iPhone 7

    Story: Formatted my Macbook Pro today for a clean start. It reverted to Yosemite. I'm currently on Yosemite 10.10.5. Issue is, the Notes app somehow dug up my old Notes from 2016. So my iPhone has my current notes, iCloud.com has my current Notes, but I can't get them to sync with my Macbook Pro. Gotta say, it is WEIRD reading my notes from 2016. Any tips on getting it to sync back with my iPhone/iCloud.com Notes?

    submitted by /u/CatsAbound01
    [link] [comments]

    External HDD APFS Container won’t mount High Sierra

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 03:50 PM PDT

    I have a WD Elements 4 TB HDD that shows in Disk Utility as APFS Physical Store and it's greyed out and won't mount. there is also a APFSAppleMedia that's separate. Apple was of no help, but i found an old thread on here with the same identical issue. i couldn't however find out if there was any resolution. i used DiskDrill to verify everything is still intact on the drive and i can copy it off. the problem is that i have 3 other big drives, but they are about 95% full too. this is the output from running First Aid (Terminal basically gives the same)

    Checking the APFS volume superblock. Checking the object map. error: /dev/disk8s1 is not encrypted The volume /dev/disk5s2 could not be verified completely. Storage system check exit code is 78. Storage system verify or repair failed. Operation failed…

    anybody with any knowledge of what i could do? copying off everything and wiping and putting it back is my very very last option. also it's a 2011 iMac so sadly it is stuck on the latest High Sierra version

    submitted by /u/reptarwilleatu
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone internet works only if I toggle wifi off and on

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 03:20 PM PDT

    Iphone 7 Plus internet stops working every few minutes and only works again if i toggle the wifi off and then on again. It works fine on all the other devices. How can I fix it Edit: From internet I mean WiFi. LTE works fine

    submitted by /u/98Phoenix98
    [link] [comments]

    Restore photos from a backup

    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 03:19 PM PDT

    I had iphone 8 plus ios 12.3.2 and during days july 12th - july 16th I made some important photos, but my phone was in power saver mode and they werent uploaded to the icloud.

    BUT on 16th I made a backup (still leaving my phone in power saver, thus not letting the pictures to upload) and then wiped the phone factory settings and sold it to a friend.

    Today I bought iPhone 6s and I was surprised that the lastest version for it is 12.3.1 and it didnt let me restore the backup. I signed up for ios 13 beta and it let me to restore the backup, but the photos arent there, it just downloaded the ones on the cloud :(

    Is there a way to get photos from those 4 days back?

    Are they even still in the backup if they arent on icloud? I tried various windows apps like dr.fone, fonelab, phonerescue to restore files from the icloud backup, but they all seem to give some apple servers error.

    If I restored the backup on that same iphone 8 plus again, would my pictures and videos from those days still be there?

    Or can you somehow mine the data from the iphone even if you wiped the phone before?

    Please help!

    submitted by /u/Geraseo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel