• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 25, 2019

    Apple Macbook Best macos apps for a new user like me? Got my first macbook yesterday but I can't fiind anything useful in the app store

    Apple Macbook Best macos apps for a new user like me? Got my first macbook yesterday but I can't fiind anything useful in the app store


    Best macos apps for a new user like me? Got my first macbook yesterday but I can't fiind anything useful in the app store

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 01:11 AM PDT

    Okay this might seem crazy but the 2018 MacBook Air when I got it last year, was really dim and I could hardly use it outdoors without squinting. But now all of a sudden I noticed when using it outside on a summers day, it’s... brighter? How can this be is it just me? The screen is 300 nits correct?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 06:07 AM PDT

    Mail App constantly opens without any reason

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 12:18 PM PDT

    I have a MacBook Pro 2018. Since two months the mail app constantly opens without me touching a button or an email coming in.

    Is there anything I can do against that?

    submitted by /u/Lbjdaking
    [link] [comments]

    2017 MBA v 2017 MBP?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 04:55 PM PDT

    i currently have a 2017 13" Macbook Air but my friend offered to sell me his 2017 13" Macbook Pro for $1000 and another friend offered to buy mine for $700. Would the extra $300 be worth the upgrade? I mainly use it for Adobe CC (PS,LR,Premeire) and very light gaming. Reviewing the specs, the differences seem minimal but wondering if there's a substantial performance difference?

    submitted by /u/cruzissus
    [link] [comments]

    Ordered my very first MacBook Air!

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 04:20 PM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    Today I ordered my very first MacBook Air!

    I got the 13 inch Gold version with 8GB memory and 256GB storage.

    I will mainly be using it for school as I am in my last year of my bachelors and I will be writing lots of papers and doing some projects.

    I will be transferring my Microsoft office software from my old laptop to this MacBook but aside from that does anyone have some tips or tricks as to what I should do to set it up when I get it on Monday? Any apps or programs I should have that I don't know about that would be great for a student?

    Thanks a lot :)

    submitted by /u/LOSVU19
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro Thunder bolt 3 Dock

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 06:02 PM PDT

    Do any of you guys use a doc? I'm looking for 144 hz ultrawide and a second monitor at 60 dock or hub. There are a lot of options, but seems a 144 is a little more difficult. I found a lot that have everything other than the 144 hz. The ones at 144hz I've never heard of the brand before.

    Thank you.

    Prefer it charges my macbook 13 inch 2018 under load Has a few normal USB 144 hz main monitor ultrawide 60 hz normal secondary Bonus Ethernet port.

    submitted by /u/Snoozeypoo
    [link] [comments]

    What's this for?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 11:40 AM PDT

    Should I wait for a newer MacBook Air? Is it worth it?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 11:19 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    Should I get the new MacBook Air? Or wait till a newer one comes out?

    Kept getting emails about MacBooks over the past few weeks, and now the one I got this morning made me take a second look. A lower price including education pricing, and the beats promotions, it's hard to resist. I can trade in my 12 in. MacBook 2015 for about $360, and I have already have brand new Beats Studio, so I figured I can sell those. Is it the new MacBook Air worth it though? Don't know much about computers.

    I'm going to my 3rd year as a college student and pretty much only use Notes, Word, PowerPoint, music, and safari.

    My current 12 in. MacBook 2015 is just getting really slow. I can wait till a newer and improved MacBook comes out though, but don't know when that would be and if there will be any major differences.

    submitted by /u/sorrynotsalty
    [link] [comments]

    Tamper resistant screws?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 02:57 PM PDT

    Hey everyone

    My girlfriends MacBook Air A1466, it's screen is malfunctioning, it looks like the ribbon cable is not attached properly or the cable is damaged since there are no cracks in the display panel. Before sending it in for repairs, I'd like to check the cable myself. I've done repairs before, but they plan to send it in if it's not the cable. My question is.. Can Apple tell if I lift off the back panel and will that impact repairs?

    The machine is no longer under warranty. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/EscapeFate3
    [link] [comments]

    Would an 13.3”MacBook Air 2018 fit into a backpack with a laptop sleeve that is 13 inches??

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 02:34 PM PDT

    What all MacBooks have at least a Quad Core Processor

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 02:05 PM PDT

    I am looking to buy a macbook, secondhand but all the listings and such on ebay are confusing. I am wondering what all macbooks have at least a quad core processor. like year, model, air or pro. It doesnt matter to me,

    submitted by /u/Teulis_DG
    [link] [comments]

    Returning MBA to Apple Store

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 09:57 AM PDT

    I'm about to return my MacBook Air to the Apple Store tomorrow (within 14-day return window). I have already loaded some of my data onto it. Do I go into recovery mode, erase the disk, and install macOS from scratch? And after that, do I need to setup an account, or just have it go into the language selection? I don't want to waste my nor Apple's time at the Store going to the correct process, and I also want my data gone from the SSD. What should I do? I do have on- and off-site backups of everything that's important.

    submitted by /u/DrunkDuvel
    [link] [comments]

    Do you cover your webcam?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 12:58 PM PDT

    If so, why and how?

    submitted by /u/Dandarya
    [link] [comments]

    Should i get the 13” macbook pro late 2013 in 2019 ?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 12:48 PM PDT

    Hi guys , i am planing to get myself a macbook pro , and the price of the 13" late 2013 model is currently cheap . Is it possible to upgrade ssd or ram ? . I am hesitate if i should go for the 4gb , 126ssd then upgrade it for cheaper Or get the 8gb ram, 256ssd I do social media like youtube, facebook , web browsing quite often so would the 8gb ram ,256ssd it able to run smoothly? I also do videos editing and making musics , would the laptop be able to edit 4k videos and run Logic X pro fine ? And finally, can the laptop install newest mac os version ? Do you recommend me to get this macbook or is there a better macbook with cheaper or same price ?

    submitted by /u/sunngminn
    [link] [comments]

    First time set up, but nothing will work! Handoff from iPhone to Macbook won't work, nor instant hotspot. Any help?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 12:43 PM PDT

    Need you guys' help!

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 12:19 PM PDT

    Hi guys!

    I am going LA in a few days and will be there for 3 weeks. I live in Denmark and i am a university student. I have a few questions i hope you can help me with. I currently have a 2013 Macbook Pro and it runs smooth, no issues. However i am considering buying a new MBP and selling my 2013 model while its still running. I'm thinking about it because of the amount i can save if i buy it in LA rather than buying in my own country (Around 600$ save).

    Am i eligible for the student offer in the US if i am a student in Denmark? If i order it online, will they check student ID at pickup? (I need danish keyboard so i need to preorder on online store).

    Is it worth buying a MBP now? I see a lot of chatter about a new MBP in september - But i probably won't return to the US for a long time.

    What would you recommend me upgrading from the base model? I'm thinking upgrading from 128 to 256 GB.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/rasmusdus
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook "12 - max specs vs. MacBook Pro 2011- is it worth it?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 11:46 AM PDT

    Hey,

    I'm facing a bit of a dilemma here for a few days, would appreciate if you guys could share your opinion!

    I grabbed a 2017 Macbook "12, with max specs on a discount for 1000,00 Eur (v.s. 1800 full price). I do not actively need a new laptop, I have a PC at the office, and I use my vintage "13 MacBook Pro Early 2011 to do some basic browsing and file editing at home.

    Now, that the wonderful machine came to me, I do notice that in terms of speed, it is not all that different from my old MacBook. The battery life is slightly better, and it's only selling points for me at the moment are the design, portability, and a huge discount. And a fact that "there won't be another one". Also, I do find the screen a bit small, and I seem to sit more hinged when working with it - compared to 13-inch model.

    Though I also think that end of life is probably nearing my old Pro, and I would like to switch to a lighter model - I do a lot of travel, usually backpack only, so it's nicer to have a lightweight machine with me.

    I've been undecided about which model to keep and which to sell for days. What are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/slowshowsnow
    [link] [comments]

    What's the different between closing an app (red dot on top left of the app) or right clicking on the app in the dock and clicking quit?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 09:43 AM PDT

    New Tb Macbookpro, trying to connect Antlion modmic.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 05:46 AM PDT

    Hi, so I have a new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and 4 usbc ports. I love the machine, but I'm having a little trouble connecting a modmic to it. I have a usbc to 3.5mm dongle, but nothing is showing up when I connect the microphone. I tried connecting my headphones through the dongle, but no sound, and also the microphone through the 3.5mm jack on the machine, but nothing was showing through there either. Do anyone have any advice on how to get the microphone to work? Cheers!

    submitted by /u/yoghurt_ninja
    [link] [comments]

    Would You Buy A 16-inch MacBook Pro For $3,000?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 04:30 AM PDT

    HDD possibly dead, troubleshooting - What USB adapter or replacement hard drive do I need? I have ordered two adapters now and neither fit when they said they would.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 07:56 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel