• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 18, 2019

    Apple Help Rules Reminder

    Apple Help Rules Reminder


    Rules Reminder

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 11:15 AM PDT

    Hey all!

    Just wanted to remind the community of Rule #2.

    Topics must be within the bounds of Apple's EULA

    Certain subjects are not appropriate for /r/AppleHelp, including:

    Thank you!

    /r/AppleHelp Mod Team

    submitted by /u/ytsohptwhere
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone 8 froze and I held the power button and it's been stuck on this for over an hour

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 03:30 PM PDT

    Does anyone know why the case is doing this?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 10:06 AM PDT

    Macbook Pro was stolen and recovered. Thief performed a factory reset and I need to recover some of my files. Already tried Disk Drill and photorec

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 09:23 PM PDT

    My laptop got stolen at work yesterday AND somehow was found and returned by the police today. The thief sold it to a computer repair tech who did a factory reset and set up with a new user account (what a scumbag for buying a laptop without doing any due diligence to make sure it wasn't stolen, but whatever).

    Thankfully 90% of my stuff was backed up on the cloud. However, I found out after the theft that I had the only unedited copies of my engagement photos on my MBP hard drive. Disk Drill didn't recover anything useful, and Photorec is just digging up PNGs that are part of MacOS. I don't know what all our friendly neighborhood computer tech did to wipe my computer clean, but is there any other data recovery software I should try before calling my photos a loss?

    submitted by /u/Chris4Hawks
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to have multi-touch in switch control?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 06:32 PM PDT

    I use a keyboard as a switch to play games (mimicking touches) but it will only allow me to use one switch at a time rather than multiple switches at the same time. Is there anyway I can fix this? Btw I'm running iOS 12.3.1

    submitted by /u/drphilcosbyharvey
    [link] [comments]

    Switching from the S10 plus and had enough. XMAX on the way, and need as many tips as possible to get acquainted with it, and need to know what's first to do. I can adapt quickly.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 04:53 PM PDT

    Endless Apple Login Loop

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 09:44 PM PDT

    Earlier today my iPhone (6s+) signed me out and I have been unable to sign back in. When signing in, it will sign in fine and then go right back to this same screen. I have logged in successfully online to iCloud and Apple ID.

    I cannot see any contacts - only numbers. I cannot access the App store.

    Steps taken so far:

    Hard reset.

    Network reset.

    Phone restore through iTunes (update option so as to retain data).

    Password reset (Apple ID PW).

    Force all devices to log out (This is the only device).

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    https://i.redd.it/v9jxicwzw6b31.png

    https://i.redd.it/z0luz3zhy6b31.png

    https://i.redd.it/s2mrk6eky6b31.jpg

    submitted by /u/Damastaca
    [link] [comments]

    Airport Extreme and Time Machine aren't getting along

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 09:19 PM PDT

    Time Machine won't allow me to use the 3TB disk space organic to AirPort as a backup. Why? It straight up doesn't give me the option when I click the "Disks" tab. It's driving me crazy. Please help!

    https://i.redd.it/meos5ipbs6b31.jpg

    https://i.redd.it/6jnlj7rbs6b31.jpg

    https://i.redd.it/r05a1uobs6b31.jpg

    submitted by /u/AbsoluteKel
    [link] [comments]

    Spilled soda on my MacBook Air (13", purchased early 2015) and now the keys are sticking and dimmer?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 09:05 PM PDT

    I wasn't paying attention and clumsily knocked over an open soda onto the keyboard of my laptop. I wiped it up on top as fast as I could and once it was all clean, figured there was nothing else I could do. Now, a day later, the keys in the area I spilled it on are harder to press than the others and feel like they're sticking underneath, and the lights underneath them are dimmer. They still type fine, and it isn't so much of a bother to me other than leaving me worrying my laptop is gonna stop working at any given point. Is there a way to clean underneath the keys? Is there anything I can do that doesn't involve dropping a ton of money on getting a professional to look at it? :(

    submitted by /u/hunnykei
    [link] [comments]

    iMac 21.5 2017 Bootcamp installation won't continue

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 08:44 PM PDT

    Model: iMac 21.5 4k 2017

    OS X: 10.14.5

    I'm trying to partition my disk to be able to install bootcamp however clicking continue does nothing. The Open Boot Camp Help button only takes me to apple FAQ. I don't understand why the installation won't proceed. My computer isn't frozen or anything.

    https://i.redd.it/41mkykgql6b31.png

    submitted by /u/Maydayparade77
    [link] [comments]

    4k Monitor on 2018 Macbook Pro over USB-C not working

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 08:35 PM PDT

    Hey everyone!

    I just got a 4k monitor (this one) which features a USB-C connection to connect to my MacBook Pro 2018 w/ USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 Ports. It works great with my Windows PC and my PS4 (over HDMI), but when I go to use the USB-C connection I can't seem to get it to work no matter what I do.

    I've tried using the included USB-C to USB-C cable and although I can't discern anything about the cable (including the brand), it doesn't work at all. So I decided to try a Thunderbolt 3 cable and see if that would work and again, no luck.

    With both cables, when I plug my MacBook into the monitor, it seems to "flash" for a moment as if it detected the external display, and it begins charging for a second, before reverting back to just using the Macbook screen. The monitor also seems to detect the input for a second, but nothing ever shows up on the monitor and after a few seconds the charging stops too no matter what cable I use. Nothing shows up in system preferences either.

    I thought that a TB3 cable would be more than enough to support whatever it is the monitor needs, but I guess not. Does anyone have any ideas what's going on here or anything I can try to fix this? The monitor itself seems fine and I've tried using different ports on my Macbook so I'm not really sure what the problem could be besides the cables, but like I said I felt like a TB3 cable would be able to do whatever it needs to connect to the monitor. If anyone has this monitor and has gotten their macbook pro to connect to I'd love to know what your set-up is!

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/BakedPecans
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud Photos missing

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 08:34 PM PDT

    I had recently logged out of my iCloud account on my iPhone and let my friend sign in. When I signed back in, all of my photo and videos were gone except for 4 of the recent things. I was wondering if there was a way I could recover or find out where they went.

    submitted by /u/kybrose
    [link] [comments]

    Onyx says my drive is corrupted...

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 08:33 PM PDT

    On my 2009-ish A1226 MBPro (with an SSD) running El Capitan. I ran Onyx for the first time ever, and it says:

    Error: -69845: File system verify or repair failed Underlying error: 8: POSIX reports: Exec format error

    I doubled-checked with Disk Utility (First Aid) and got a similar message.

    I'm a little paranoid about doing the CMD-R thing and running disk utlities to fix it. What if I get into it and the machine is rendered useless? I mean, I backup my data all the time, but I have neither the time nor the money to repair/replace this thing, and I need it to be running this weekend. What if my repair efforts render my laptop useless? As it seems to be working fine right now...

    submitted by /u/SpiceCake68
    [link] [comments]

    Magic Mouse Bluetooth Disconnect

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 07:42 PM PDT

    I have a late 2015 iMac, running Mojave. Magic Mouse 2.

    The Bluetooth keeps disconnecting from my Magic Mouse.

    I have an older MM1, and sometimes I'm able to get that one to connect, and that seems to "wake up" the MM2. Been battling this for some time and can't figure this out.

    submitted by /u/secretsinthesuburbs
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth speaker connecting but sound from built in speakers

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 06:58 PM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    So I have several bluetooth speakers and headphones and they connect to my Macbook Pro but the sound keeps coming out from built in speakers which is extremely annoying to say the least.

    I know the solution is in Preferences > Sound > Output and selecting the bluetooth speaker but SERIOUSLY?? Do I have to do this every time I want to use my bluetooth devices? (Which I've been doing for a while now)

    The issue just started out of the blue and it is not only in one device and NO deleting device and repairing it doesn't solve the problem.

    One would thought Apple should know better but well...

    Has anyone managed to solve this issue or have an idea or point to the right direction??

    Thank u guys.

    submitted by /u/eddieafck
    [link] [comments]

    I have been seeing this weird horizontal line whenever i open my Camera. What is the cause of this issue? How can this be fixed? Has anybody of you experienced something like this? Look at the bottom of the image.

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 11:39 PM PDT

    iPad Air vs iPad Pro

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 06:11 PM PDT

    Hi everyone! I am thinking of getting an iPad for taking notes in lectures. Just wondering if there's any major differences between the iPad Air and iPad Pro. I already have a Macbook Pro for classes, but was thinking of switching over since my Macbook is kind of a hassle to carry around. If anyone knows any pros or cons between the two, please let me know. I'm leaning more towards the latest iPad Air because it's more price friendly. However, if it's not worth it i'll probably go for the latest Pro.

    TDLR: Trying to decide between the latest Air or Pro. Which one is best for taking notes in class?

    submitted by /u/taisao_
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook2 1 Troubleshooting

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 05:58 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, I bought a MacBook2 1 recently that has black screen issues. The MacBook came without a hard drive and battery, so I went out and bought replacements. After installing and trying to boot, the MacBook is still black-screening. If I take the battery out, hold down the power button for 5 seconds and then plug it in via power adapter and press the power button again, I can hear the fans and dvd drive engage but still a black screen. I've also taken out the ram and put it back in. Anyone have any ideas of what the issue could be? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ExistingEscape
    [link] [comments]

    Menu & Dock disappear whenever I open PPT

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 05:04 PM PDT

    Hi Everyone - I've tried System Preferences > Dock > and unchecked Automatically hide and show the dock. This doesn't work. I asked around the office, nobody seems to have this issue. It just started happening a few weeks ago, but it's really annoying. Can anyone help?

    MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)

    iOS Mojave 10.14.5

    submitted by /u/u_nv_me
    [link] [comments]

    asking for a friend: my friend has an iphone 6s+ and he was able to pick up a phone call without entering the password, and fingerprint scan. why?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 05:00 PM PDT

    1.4GHz vs 2.4GHz MBP 13

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 10:45 AM PDT

    Looking to purchase a new MBP 13. I multitask a lot using Chrome, Excel, and R.

    Is there a major difference between 1.4GHz and 2.4GHz? I'm doing the i5 quad-core model with 16GB RAM regardless, just don't know if I need to pay another $300 for the 2.4GHz model. TIA.

    submitted by /u/nataliagrujic
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 password change

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 03:30 PM PDT

    Hey all! Just did a screen repair on an iPhone 7 that went well... except the password won't work. Home button is good, screen is good, but the password I know is right keeps saying incorrect.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Mphaka
    [link] [comments]

    Can't music on my SD?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 03:18 PM PDT

    The SD is new about 5 months old. I had music on there today and now than I wanted to add more I downloaded for some reason it's not letting me. It keeps there is not enough space but it's 32gb SD card so I know there is. It says if I want optimize space I need do it through the disk settings on my mac? Why would it even ask this when I'm copying stuff to my SD card.

    submitted by /u/greenarrow118
    [link] [comments]

    Sign out of web session from iOS device

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 02:28 PM PDT

    I am trying to find a way to sign out of all icloud.com web sessions i am currently signed-in on (a few Windows and Linux boxes).

    The only way I found was to log into icloud.com from a web browser and sign out from the settings page.

    It does not seem to be possible to sign out from an iOS device: 1. In iOS settings, the only option available is to sign-out devices (such as iPhone) 2. it is not possible to log into icloud.com from Safari on an iOS device as it redirects to Find-my-iphone as the only accessible page.

    Am I missing an option somewhere? Is this by design? It seems lacking from a security perspective.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/isem
    [link] [comments]

    Need help troubleshooting screen damage

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 02:13 PM PDT

    Spilled small amount of liquid on late 2016 Macbook Pro with function keys, began displaying distorted lines. Sometimes the screen will completely fix when held at the right angle, and pushing on the cracked area.

    Its been like this for a year and I could really use some help troubleshooting why its happening and how to fix it.

    OS Mojave

    https://imgur.com/TrI7tXO

    submitted by /u/SonGoku9121
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone won't connect to internet

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 01:54 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone 6 and it won't connect to my home internet. It can connect to other networks just fine, it's just specifically my home network that it can't connect to (well, it can connect just only when I am standing right next to the router). I have tried restarting it, resetting my network settings, resetting my entire phone, but none of it is working. I have had this problem for a few months now. (send help pls)

    submitted by /u/flurmpleburmple
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel