• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 18, 2019

    Apple Macbook Security issue with my new MacBook Pro

    Apple Macbook Security issue with my new MacBook Pro


    Security issue with my new MacBook Pro

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 11:09 PM PDT

    I've just bought a MacBook Pro after carrying a MacBook Air for 8 years. However now is the first time I feel like I could have a security issue. It's possible I just stress for nothing because it's a new computer, but I just want to be sure and maybe I could learn some useful trick.

    The fact is I just recently installed some apps to setup my new computer. Amongst these softwares, there was popcorn time. I've never used it and I think I'll probably never use it considering what happened.

    Today, after the installation of it, I've open my MacBook and I saw a trying to setup a trackpad or a wireless mouse. At first, I was like : « wtf ?!! I'm not even connected on Bluetooth and trackpad is included in my computer so why does it look for it ? ». Thus I decided to install little snitch. It noticed a weird communication with a file called pt.updd. Therefore I decided to erase it from the terminal and to throw popcorn time (which I throw another time because it wasn't gone, don't know how). The fact is I then surf on web (with opera) and on a shopping website there was that weird message : « you are now logged as ... (email address) ». First it's really weird because it was in English but the website isn't international. There was also an access to the profile of the guy. Really curious I sure decided to go on it but it just asked me to connect with an username, etc... I tried with a vpn but the message was still here. However when I tried private navigation or other browser, it disappeared. Weird. I finally decided to type the name of the guy : nothing. Thus I also tried his email and I've got one result : a Russian website called darknetleaks.

    When I saw all of that, I was believing in a treasure hunt or I imagined a lot of crazy stuff, considering how crazy is this story. However I want to know if there's something in all this stuff I should worry about or look more in details. In the future, is there stuff I can do ? Because security on computer is really mysterious and it's true that Mac OS seems so secured that I've never cared about it before.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Edit : the issue with the website now appears on my other browser so it should be an issue with their site. But I forgot to mention that something was added to the basket and I could erased it.

    submitted by /u/JyVe78
    [link] [comments]

    Do you just close your lid or do you shut down?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 02:02 PM PDT

    How do you run your MacBook from a day to day basis? Full power down or let it sleep with the lid closing?

    submitted by /u/SlothTheHeroo
    [link] [comments]

    MusicPlus - Music App for Mac : All the songs, all the artists, support lyrics, search music, create/collect playlists, follow artists & so much more.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 11:34 PM PDT

    Any idea when the next version of Macbook Pros are coming out?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 10:09 PM PDT

    Trying to hold back from making a purchase too soon if I can hold out for the latest model? I currently have a 2012 13" macbook pro and have read many reviews and watched too many youtube videos saying to stay away from the new keyboards and 2019 models. I understand the newer 13" is a good way to go, but I'd really like a larger screen for working with multiple documents. Any insight as to how long I should wait, or am I just being silly...its probably overkill for what I do, but I'm drawn to buying a model that will last a long time with huge storage capabilities for photos and videos of my kids, etc...

    submitted by /u/mlawren3
    [link] [comments]

    Struggling to pick the Macbook pro 13 over Lenovo X1C 7th gen, need some help

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 09:31 PM PDT

    So I am trying to compare laptops still and I'm having trouble picking the macbook pro over the lenovo. Is there anything I'm missing in this comparison:

    Pros for X1C7:

    • Easier to type Keyboard and more reliable based on what I've seen

    • Higher screen resolution

    • More processing power for the dollar spent

    • More port options

    • Components may be easier and less costly to repair since they aren't soddered together like the HDD to the motherboard.

    • Lighter with bigger screen

    Apple:

    • Trackpad is way better

    • Graphics card better

    • Less reflective screen

    • Better optimization (software, battery life)

    • Better battery life possibly (the 7th gen X1 is supposed to be improved)

    • Better OS (subjective sorta but I have an apple iphone and watch so I live in the ecosystem a bit)

    Is there anything else I'm missing?

    submitted by /u/PorcupineSpike
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to upgrade the hardware on a Macbook Air?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 08:28 AM PDT

    I know its probably a crazy question but please humor me.

    Is it possible to upgrade the hardware(ssd/graphics card/etc) on my 2015(early) 13inch Macbook Air to perform better/faster?

    If so, please elaborate if you can.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Capital_Offensive
    [link] [comments]

    OEM SSD from ebay

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 06:38 PM PDT

    Help! MacBook EXPLOSION

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 05:53 PM PDT

    So my battery expanded.

    I replaced the battery, MacBook wouldn't work properly, loss of mouse.

    Then I replaced the trackpad, still doesn't run correct, Lisa of mouse.

    Even an external mouse won't make it work

    Any thought? Additional replacement? Orrrrr am I just f***** forever?

    submitted by /u/AnInquisitiveApe
    [link] [comments]

    Need some clarification

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 04:33 PM PDT

    What macbook models still receive updates?I'm currently interested in buying a macbook air 2015 (13 inch),and have found a great offer(Cousin sells it for 350-400 bucks specifically to me,only had it for a year and never really 'hammered' it)but is it worth it?

    submitted by /u/Nim00x
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone help me with a trade-in value question?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 08:46 AM PDT

    I have an early 2013 low-spec 21 inch imac I would like to trade in toward the purchase of a new macbook.

    The apple website requires a serial number to evaluate trade-in value but I am away from my computer right now. Does anyone know the approximate trade-in value of this computer?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/youbehasbeen
    [link] [comments]

    Should I wipe my 2012 Macbook Air?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 07:38 AM PDT

    Hello, I have a 2012 MBA that was top of the line at the time, with 2.0 ghz i7 processor, 8gb RAM, and 500gb hard drive. It still works fairly well but is time for an upgrade as I'm starting graduate school that will be statistics/data heavy. I'm giving my MBA to my boyfriend who just needs it for more simple uses in business school (word, excel, internet).

    I don't care about him having my old data or anything, but I'm just wondering if wiping it to give it a clean slate would be beneficial to the computer? Can i do this without doing a factory reset? I have programs like microsoft suite that he would definitely use but a lot that I can get rid of. I can transfer my files to my new MBP and delete all of them. But don't know if I should do more than this. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/aigirl87
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Fan Speeds - Should they really be that loud?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 07:07 AM PDT

    Hello all,

    Been using MacBooks for around 5 years now, I am a Photographer and Graphic Designer who also does a bit of editing on the side here and there.

    I recently upgraded last summer to the 2018 MacBook Pro 15" with the 6 core i7 and Radeon Graphics Card.

    I have been using it a lot for video, photo and graphic design tasks as well as coding without issues however my only complaint is the fan speeds in these, I had a similar problem with my 2014 MacBook Pro too however I put it down to the size of the machine and the thermal cooling limits of such a small machine however, surely for such a high spec machine it shouldn't be so loud when editing photos in photoshop or Lightroom? Potentially im being quite naive but I am looking to upgrade to a desk setup and have my MacBook run it. I want to purchase a 32" 4K monitor and currently im using a 1080p monitor but when carrying out some light photoshop it seems to put the fan speeds up to a noise level that is not too loud but just annoying.

    I also frequently plug it into my 4K TV to stream some video from TV Apps such as Sky Go, however it does seem to put the fans on too when just on a 4K panel so my question is will it be very noisy when plugged into my new 4K monitor?

    If so, what methods can you guys advise that will keep the MacBook fans down as low as possible even when I am using programs such as Photoshop, Lightroom, FCPX and Premier Pro when plugged into my 4K monitor, or is this simply not possible due to the massive workload that will be required to do such a task?

    It's just for a desk setup at 4K I would prefer that the fans aren't whirring when my laptop is sitting on my desk.

    Sorry if it seems stupid or silly to expect this.

    Any advice is welcome, thank you.

    Spec:

    Intel i7 2.2GHz 6 Core

    256GB SSD

    Radeon Pro 555X 4GB

    16GB RAM

    Intel UHD Graphics 630

    submitted by /u/r_m_j
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anyone to access education pricing on MacBooks in the Apple Store IOS App?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 02:57 AM PDT

    Need advice on buying a new MacBook

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 05:26 AM PDT

    Next semester I'll begin studying computer science which will probably involve a bit of coding. I'm looking to buy a new MBP but I'm not sure which specs I should opt for. Maybe one of you guys could help me out. I'm not on a super tight budget but I'm also obviously not looking to pay too much for something I don't necessarily need. Thanks a lot!

    submitted by /u/j0ulecs
    [link] [comments]

    Who is also huge disappointed with usb-c standard?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 11:49 AM PDT

    Just talking... In my opinion it was the worst step past years. C'mon guys it's 2019 and laptops are 10 times more useless than 10 years ago. We have to use millions of adapters to do basic stuff

    submitted by /u/amen404
    [link] [comments]

    Accessing USB hub with a NON USB C monitor?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 03:03 AM PDT

    Hello guys I am most likely going to get this monitor at the end of the month: https://www.elkjop.no/product/data/pc-skjerm/39436/lg-27gl850-b-27-skjerm-sort

    It has display port 1.4 and usb-B, I want to connect my MacBook Pro 15 2018 to it and use the usb hub on the monitor to connect my keyboard and mouse to use with my Mac. My question is, is it possible ? And if so with what? Display port to usb c or usb-b to usb c? Any one has tried it before? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Thelonelywindow
    [link] [comments]

    Huawei >> Apple

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 05:05 PM PDT

    Change my mind 😝🤭!

    submitted by /u/l2mcgrat
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 13" 2014 in 2019. Worth buying?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 02:43 AM PDT

    359 cycles after 1 year of use... is this normal?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 01:59 AM PDT

    I bought my MacBook Pro 13 inch 2017 model last year, and it has 359 cycles used already... I normally charge it once to twice everyday - is it normal to have such a high number of battery cycles in this short period of time? The battery health is at 96%, thank you for the help in advance!

    submitted by /u/Immaweirdou
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel