• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 20, 2019

    Apple Help Ipod touch 4th gen disabled issue

    Apple Help Ipod touch 4th gen disabled issue


    Ipod touch 4th gen disabled issue

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 11:38 AM PDT

    Some context, I've had my ipod touch 4th gen for about 9 years it lived connected to a charger after 2014. The issue I have is that it is currently disabled ( Try again in 25,530,608 minutes). I have no way to enter my passcode to bypass this screen ad I'm aware that the issue seems to have been that the ipod ran out of battery while it was locked out, resetting the time to 1970 or something which is why many other people have this exact same issue before. I've searched google for solutions and there aren't really any (and I'm trying to find a computer that runs windows 7 so I can try the ipod_control locked -> unlocked trick).

    I'm trying to access all my old files and picture and videos and messages from this device, If I reset the device I will lose it all because I can't access a backup (I've since used another phone, and computer).

    Is there anyone who here who has been able to access a disabled ipod using any third party software? I just need to access it, I still remember my screen code, but because the device is disabled I can't use it. at this point I'm willing to pay to access it.

    TL;DR iPod touch 4th gen disabled for 25,530,600 minutes, cannot restore for there is no backup, cannot input passcode because the screen just tells me it's disabled, need to bypass the disabled screen to recover my data. Please, any suggestions to working software would be useful.

    submitted by /u/oceanhunter
    [link] [comments]

    Alright.. a friend asked me what is up with her screen and I’m not too sure. The crack up top has been there for about 6 months. She said the battery was low and she shut it off and turned it on with the charger and this happened. Anyone experience this before? The green light flickers

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 09:06 PM PDT

    Help??

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 09:58 PM PDT

    16GB Ram upgrade - Only shows 8GB

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 07:18 PM PDT

    Recently I upgraded my mid 2012 MacBook Pro to 16GB of ram. I understand that apple officially says that these models only support 8GB but third party's found it could in fact handle 16GB.

    My question is, when under the memory tab of 'About This Mac', will it only show 8GB being used and an empty slot or should it show both slots being used with 8GB each? Mine is currently showing the former and I just want to know if this is normal or if I messed up the installation?

    submitted by /u/thenewzealanderr
    [link] [comments]

    Airpods won't connect to anything

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 04:48 PM PDT

    Got myself airpods a couple of days ago and I've been having a lot of trouble with them. I managed to connect them to my iphone pretty quickly at first, but every time I take them out of the case, I have to reset them because according to my phone, the airpods are always off or out of range, even though they are in the same place.

    Then just now I wanted to try and connect them to my Macbook and they won't connect. The case just flashes orange and even holding the reset button to connect to a device for any amount of time (10 sec - 2 min) won't do anything. Just flashes orange still.

    Any tips for both of these problems?

    submitted by /u/kopite_scouser
    [link] [comments]

    Where is a good place to buy a used iPod classic? (specifically the color screen ones)

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 08:33 PM PDT

    I am in the market to buy a 4th generation+ iPod classic to be a companion MP3 player for storing music offline and for portable usage. Where should I be looking in order to get a working and functional iPod touch without going over 50-60 USD or so, as I am quite constrained with my budget. Any help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/FrowzyF
    [link] [comments]

    My little sister is terrified.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 10:06 PM PDT

    Hello, my younger sister is terrified. She recently got a new iPhone XR, with a new phone number, and change of her Apple ID to her own email. (She's growing up, so my parents wanted to give her more independence.) Before this change, she would get frequent texts from a seemingly overprotective mother thinking my sister was her partying son. She also got extremely frequent robocalls. We thought a new number would help, but things are already worse. She is getting FaceTimed by complete strangers who are angry she "stole Katie's iCloud you hooker". I understand that there could possibly be a misunderstanding and/or switched up Apple IDs/recycled numbers, but surely there is a way we could protect this young girl. What can I do to fix this peacefully?

    submitted by /u/Soup_01
    [link] [comments]

    Can I add this card to my wallet app? If so how. And what else is this used for because it’s not a iTunes card and I can’t seem to purchase a iTunes card with it.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 09:35 PM PDT

    Lost Apple Pencil

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 08:49 PM PDT

    I lost my Apple Pencil gen 2 and I can't find it. It isn't in find my iPhone app and I tried using Bluetooth tracking apps but they still failed. Are there any other ways to find it?

    submitted by /u/SkullKrusher17
    [link] [comments]

    Bright spot on iPhone XR screen

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 04:48 PM PDT

    Hello. I got a bright spot on iPhone XR screen so is there a way to get a loaner phone and send my XR? I got AppleCare+

    submitted by /u/truefreedom4711
    [link] [comments]

    So I rented a movie on my iPhone, tried to watch in Apple TV using my mobile data because it’s waaaay faster than my wifi and I have plenty of data but the app won’t let me must use wifi apparently. Is there a way to watch my movie? (Wifi is <100 kbps

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 02:53 AM PDT

    Any help would be awesome as I only have 48 hours to watch the movie

    submitted by /u/frenchfrench13
    [link] [comments]

    Weird static screen on MacBook Pro

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 12:06 PM PDT

    Here's a picture of what the screen on my MacBook Pro looked like. It's the 13" 2016 model with Touchbar. The screen was static and the little square at the top left is where the mouse cursor is supposed to be. The screen went away when I closed the lid and reopened it. What was going on though?

    submitted by /u/JakeHassle
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6S battery issue

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 12:05 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone 6S and recently I've had issues where the phone shuts off when the battery is in the 40% range and when I turn it back on it's at 10%. Is this something I should fix myself or is it time to upgrade? And if I do upgrade, what iPhone should I get? I've been thinking the XR.

    submitted by /u/JessicaMurawski
    [link] [comments]

    21.5" Late 2009 iMac - is it possible to update the graphics card?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 11:55 AM PDT

    I've been seeing a lot of weird conflicting information about this. I don't think I'd be able to do it myself, but is it possible to have it be done? Any idea on what costs might look like? It currently has NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB and 16GB of RAM

    submitted by /u/Lmtay
    [link] [comments]

    Some full screen media turns the monitor black

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 05:27 PM PDT

    Hi. I noticed recently the some YouTube videos and ALL of my iTunes movies turn the screen black when they are in full screen - the audio continues even when the screen is black. Moving the mouse restores the picture until the mouse disappears again.

    Note that I am using an external monitor with the laptop in clamshell mode. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/yourfriendsaccount
    [link] [comments]

    Use Speakers While Headphones Plugged In (iPhone 6)(iOS12)

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 04:15 PM PDT

    so my girlfriends phone has been broken for some time now. her headphones broke inside of the headphone jack, so now the plug is stuck inside of her phone.

    so i was wondering if there was a way to change the output from Headphones to the Internal Speakers.

    Thanks :) 🙏

    submitted by /u/jordys_
    [link] [comments]

    macOS Voice Memos repetitive sound while recording

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 03:57 PM PDT

    Is there any way to turn off the repetitive sound in macOS Voice Memos while recording?

    submitted by /u/clipboarder
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone SE restore loop

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 03:56 PM PDT

    Iphone SE wouldn't charge yesterday. Put it in a bag of rice because I thought it might have been rained on too hard when using it the night before. Now it will charge but is stuck in a restore loop. I've restored like 10 times and it just goes right back to the same screen saying it needs to be restored. Any ideas??

    submitted by /u/mancakes5
    [link] [comments]

    Need Help Reformatting External Drive

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 03:33 PM PDT

    Searched high and low for various solutions but I haven't found anything that fits my situation, and I'm hoping I can get some help here. I have a 128 GB Lexar thumb drive, it does not show up on the desktop, I'm unable to access the files, my computer really only recognizes it in terminal, and basic trouble shooting has gotten me nowhere. I have tried various diskutil commands in terminal, and so far none of it seems to work. Help please?

    diskutil list information below, ask well as drive specific information below that. I will answer questions as best as I can.

    /dev/disk2 (external, physical):

    #: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER

    0: GUID_partition_scheme *128.0 GB disk2

    1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk2s1

    2: Microsoft Basic Data J128 127.8 GB disk2s2

    *~*~*~*

    Device Identifier: disk2

    Device Node: /dev/disk2

    Whole: Yes

    Part of Whole: disk2

    Device / Media Name: USB Flash Drive

    Volume Name: Not applicable (no file system)

    Mounted: Not applicable (no file system)

    File System: None

    Content (IOContent): GUID_partition_scheme

    OS Can Be Installed: No

    Media Type: Generic

    Protocol: USB

    SMART Status: Not Supported

    Disk Size: 128.0 GB (128035323904 Bytes) (exactly 250068992 512-Byte-Units)

    Device Block Size: 512 Bytes

    Read-Only Media: No

    Read-Only Volume: Not applicable (no file system)

    Device Location: External

    Removable Media: Removable

    Media Removal: Software-Activated

    Solid State: Info not available

    Virtual: No

    submitted by /u/mpluto
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading my MBP mid 2009?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 06:38 AM PDT

    I know thers tons of these threads and I´ve been through some of them, but I´m still left with some Questions.

    I got a MacBook Pro mid 2009, 15" with the 4 GB of Ram and a crisp 2,66 GHz Intel Core Duo and, of course, over the time this Beauty got a bit slow. Really slow actually. And the battery wont last to long either, you get the point.

    Now I thinking about upgrading before I buy a new one and frankly: I´m a bit overwhelmed.

    The main Questions are: -Will the upgrades be worth it? I see the main Problem in my 2,66 GHz Core Duo. Anybody got any experience?

    -I´m planing to switch the battery, upgrade the ram and get a SDD. Is that a good plan or would you go for a different approach?

    -How do I know which parts to buy? There seems to be a lot of Products fitting, but which one is the one to buy? In other threads people recommended Crucial SSD and Ram. I thought about 8 Gb of Ram (2x 4 GB by Crucial, https://eu.crucial.com/eur/en/macbook-pro-%2815-inch%2C-mid-2009%29/CT3309358) and 500 GB of SSD (Again, Crucial; https://eu.crucial.com/ProductDisplay?urlRequestType=Base&catalogId=10152&categoryId=&productId=2427502&errorViewName=ProductDisplayErrorView&urlLangId=-1&langId=-1&top_category=&parent_category_rn=&storeId=10152). I have no idea about the battery though.

    Cheers and have a great Weekend! (=

    Edit: I found a Battery: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07G13NSYK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?smid=AWH8DJIGJ73CW&psc=1 I´m skeptical, but the pictures say its the original apple battery.

    submitted by /u/crashedpumpkin
    [link] [comments]

    Series 1 watch won't turn on?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 11:25 AM PDT

    Not sure if this is the right spot, I replaced the screen along with the battery. my charger works on my series 3 so it isn't that. I tried 2 different screens and 2 different batteries. Any idea what woudl cause this? no water damage etc.

    submitted by /u/Qwuc
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve been on the IOS 13 beta for about a month now, will maximum capacity jump back up with future updates, or is my battery already degrading?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 08:49 AM PDT

    Time Machine Backup Failure

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 02:47 PM PDT

    I have a late 2012 27 inch iMac with a 3 TB fusion drive. Previously I was backing up to a external 4 TB HDD formatted as a Mac OS journaled extended. The fusion drive is formatted as APFS encrypted. I bought a new external HDD also 4 TB.

    I tried formatting it as AFPS encrypted but Time Machine wanted the drive as Mac OS journaled extended. I picked this except using the encrypted version. I have about 2.5 TB of storage on my drive. After a few hours my external HDD backs up 60 GB then suddenly stops and system preferences look as if I never tried backing it up. There's no error, warning, pop up message, it just stops. I tried formatting the drive to Mac OS journaled non-encrypted but the same thing happens. I booted to recovery mode on my iMac and ran first aid through disk utility. Tried backing up again, still stops randomly. I've tried reformatting the external HDD multiple times but that doesn't help. I don't know why this isn't working. Can anyone guide me in what to do next?

    submitted by /u/dragoon2745
    [link] [comments]

    Do all Beats have the W1 chip or is it only ones bought from the Apple store?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 02:29 PM PDT

    specifically the Mickey mouse beats.

    submitted by /u/Goliof
    [link] [comments]

    Transferring a large audio file to an iPhone (my sisters) without a computer

    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 02:15 PM PDT

    Target device: Apple iPhone 8, 128GB, v12.3.1

    Trying to find an easy way of sending my sister a mp3 audio book (DRM free). It's a whole bunch of small files. The trick is that she doesn't use a computer.

    My original thought was that I could just transfer the files to her iCloud Drive but that doesn't seem to add them to the audio player as a playlist.

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/aram535
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel