• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 16, 2019

    Apple Help How can I have 800GB of Apps on 121GB of storage????

    Apple Help How can I have 800GB of Apps on 121GB of storage????


    How can I have 800GB of Apps on 121GB of storage????

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 07:49 PM PDT

    Update Apple Master Lanyards: Thanks to all those who unexpectedly asked to buy one... together we raised £180 for my local foodbank.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 03:17 AM PDT

    Want to watch Blu Ray movies on my Imac. HOW?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 09:11 PM PDT

    I moved recently where in my new room I don't have my TV. I have a Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014 iMac.

    All I want to do is watch my Blu-Ray movies on them. Doing an online search I got the run around.

    I don't want to rip any films. Just want to watch, maaybe burn a few.

    I have my PS4. I tried to see if there is a way to connect it where my iMac is being used as the display since the PS4 plays Blu-Ray. Search results brought me to some cool USb/HDMI converters but prices for that were about $120-$200.

    I figured I'd just pay for simple external Blu Ray player. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/bkz730
    [link] [comments]

    How do I make the headphone jack act as an input from a turntable instead of an output only?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 07:45 PM PDT

    Hi! I am attempting to transfer one of my grandfather's bands old records to an audio file so I can burn it to a disk. I currently have the record player connected to my 2018 macbook pro using an analog to headphone cable. However in the settings my only option is to use that as an output, which isn't very helpful to me. I was wondering if I could get some help, or if what i'm trying to do is even possible. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/PersonalSloth
    [link] [comments]

    Opening a zip file

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 07:12 PM PDT

    Hey, so I've been using apple products my whole life and have never had this problem.

    I just got a new iMac and I tried downloading a ZIP file off of the Blizzard website, and it said open with Archiver as the default. I double clicked it, and instead of opening it just kept duplicating itself. Not sure why this is, nor what I can do about it. Any suggestions would be amazing. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Smubee
    [link] [comments]

    Butterfly keyboard cover

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 10:56 PM PDT

    I just got my MBP 2018 keyboard replaced under warranty for repeating keys, and since they replaced it with the exact same thing im not sure how long it will last. Will getting a keyboard cover extend the life of the keyboard?

    I would rather not use a cover, but if using one will let the keyboard last a little longer it might be worth it. Appreciate any thoughts or suggestions thanks.

    submitted by /u/CheesyWalnut
    [link] [comments]

    Photos in a regular folder on the desktop have this icon next to them. I can't click on it and not all the photos in that folder have it. What are the little "pie charts" on the left? What do they mean? Thanks in Advance Refurbished iMac (Retina 5k, 26-inch, Late 2015)

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 07:09 PM PDT

    Unresponsive screen

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 10:35 PM PDT

    • XS Max 256GB
    • Updated tonight to iOS 12.3.2
    • Tried hard reset (vol up, vol down, side button) several times.
    • Has been previously backed up on the cloud, but cannot sync to iTunes because I'm using a "new" (hand-me-down) computer and need to "respond on the phone" to allow access. (My iPhone, laptop, lawn mower, and dishwasher all shit the bed in the same week, so welcome to my life.)
    • Out of warranty due to previous liquid damage (dropped it in the pool for .025 seconds.)
    • I have already paid the phone off and gotten a new one. This will be a backup, if I can get the screen to respond.
    • Phone was completely and irrevocably "broken" so I opened it myself to clean the insides and check for rust, etc.
    • Now everything seems to work again except for screen response.

    I'm willing to try anything. I own it, it's out of warranty, and I have a brand new one anyway. Hopefully someone can help. I've familiarized myself with the internal components, albeit on an elementary level. The only thing I haven't done is a factory restore. I don't want to do this just yet. I'd like to rule out hardware problems first. Hopefully it's a missed connection somewhere.

    submitted by /u/November1986
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone x part of screen wont respond

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 10:30 PM PDT

    My phone was working completely normal today, but then all of a sudden a small lower middle section of the screen wont respond to my touch or will just spaz out on me. Any idea what i should do. I am currently going to update and restart, but if that does not work any other ideas of what i should do?

    submitted by /u/Bobpoop863
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with a Corrupt .mov file

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 10:28 PM PDT

    So I work at a post house, and we sometimes have to be given master files of movies, were talking like 200GB plus sizes downloaded on a lightpipe.

    I just had a really weird issue. I downloaded the movie file, Checked the meta settings and audio channels 7 and 8 are usually standard for the Stereo audio ( comes with a total of 8 audio stems )

    The issue is, I unchecked the boxes, except for audio 7 and 8 so save space ( this is the standard work flow here ) and saved the file.

    Now, I cant open the file. Quicktime tells me that "The movie could not be opened. The file is not a movie file." but when I load into VLC it plays fine. Handbrake and compressor cannot open these files and when I go to have VLC convert, I think because its so big, it just crashes.

    I'm re-downloading the file, but for the sake of time I figured I'd ask here.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/GarciaJones
    [link] [comments]

    Forgot answers to all 3 security questions, no rescue e-mail, no trusted devices — need help!

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 10:20 PM PDT

    Hey, everyone. I got the new iPhone XR recently, but I'm having trouble trying to enable two step verification on my old Apple ID account. There is NO rescue e-mail on my account, NO phone numbers or trusted devices on the account. I literally created this account and its questions in 2010 when I was in middle school, before two step verification became the norm for most things nowadays. I called Apple Support and they were unable to help me. Is there anything I can do? I'm at the end of the road here trying to get into my account.

    EDIT: If an Apple Store Genius can help me out here, let me know. I am really desperate to get into my old account again.

    submitted by /u/daniel_stotler46
    [link] [comments]

    Please help!! A couple minutes ago I noticed a purple line along the side of phone had randomly appeared. When I tried to reboot my phone it got stuck on the logo. The bottom now keeps pressing on the screen like my finger would. Can someone please explain what this is and why? Thanks in advance.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 09:17 PM PDT

    iPhone 7 home button not working

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 09:16 PM PDT

    Today I was cleaning my iPhone 7 with a wipe - the wipe itself was slightly more damp than normal B/C I was down to the last 2 in the container. I propped the iPhone up (right side up as if was holding it) to let it dry a bit - I always do this to let it dry without streaky-ness.

    After it dried, I was calling a friend when suddenly it died and then restarted it automatically. Once turned back on, assisted touch was turned on. I tried using the home button and it was unresponsive. I turned off assisted touch and it still wasn't responsive. I hard reset (power + volume down button) and it didn't do anything either.

    At the Genius bar, an Apple advisor ran an diagnostic test that concluded that the haptic feedback/touch wasn't the problem but that the home button itself wasn't working -> source of the problem. He told me my best course of action would be to pay $149 to replace the screen since when Apple does repairs apparently they can't replace just the home button but actually it has to be the entire screen.

    I called another phone repair place multiple times and the first time they said that they cannot take an home button from a working iPhone 7 and switch it with my phone as it would be not compatible. The second time I called they said that Apple is wrong and that a whole screen does not need to be replaced to fix the home button. The third time I called, they said that switching the home button can happen but that touch ID would not work on the phone afterwards. At this particular place, it would cost $80 to replace the home button but not have touch ID and $80 to replace the whole screen and keep touch ID.

    Another phone repair place said that basically every iPhone is special in that each home button is designed for an specific iPhone which is why I could cover the parts for a repair shop to switch out a home button and only pay for labor but still wouldn't have access to touch ID. This repair shop surprisingly recommended that I just cough up $149.

    I honestly don't know what to do. I feel like everyone is BS-ing me into accepting a scam price. The speaker holes did get a bit wet from the cleaning wipe but it did not seem like an extreme amount to the point where it would seem from the speakers into the home button (since I cleaned it this way many times before). I turned the speakers down so that the liquid would seep out of the speaker holes.

    The Apple advisor checked the SIM card port water damage indicator for me but obviously didn't have any sign of it since it is nowhere near the speakers - and Apple cannot "simply check" the interior of a phone at the other water damage indicators. He said it's possible the wipe is responsible since the home button stopped working 10-20min after I cleaned it.

    I replaced the battery on this phone back in December which was $30. I have a friend (who upgraded to the (RED) iPhone X) that has an old but perfectly-working same exact iPhone 7 make/model as me which is why I was trying to find a repair shop to do this special request repair job. I don't think it's worth upgrading since everything works but the home button. But then again, other people have been having other common problems such as audio issues with phone calls and such which does happen to me but not frequently.

    What would be the best course of action for this case? Also if anyone wants to see the note from the Genius bar visit, I can include a link to an image of it on Imgur.

    submitted by /u/sleepinginthewoods
    [link] [comments]

    Would this Belkin USB-C 3.1 cable allow me to connect my Macbook Pro to my LG monitor via USBC AND charge my Macbook AND be able to use my harddrive connected to the USB of my monitor?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 08:42 PM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I have this cable https://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F2CU030/

    And what I want to do is:

    Will it work? Will it charge slower than the more expensive Thunderbolt cable?

    submitted by /u/turtleattacks
    [link] [comments]

    iPad as a hotspot

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 08:40 PM PDT

    So my internet went out because of an issue with Verizon and I'm getting optimum installed next week. I wanted to know if connecting a MacBook and another iPad to my cellular iPad as a hotspot (I have unlimited data) will cause any damage to the components in the iPad. I do know leaving the LTE iPad plugged in will take a toll on the battery but will it have any damage to any other components in the iPad? I will be using the iPad for a few hours everyday as a hotspot until next week.

    submitted by /u/superiormomoo
    [link] [comments]

    Please Help about Verifying Apps in iOS 12.3.1 on an iPhone 7 Plus. I can’t verify apps and I went to apple store but they said it’s “jailbreak” so they can’t help. I want these apps because there are data and downloaded movies in there. Thank you for helping me!

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 08:34 PM PDT

    iPhone Mail app - Cannot download attachment (iOS 12.3.1)

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 08:19 PM PDT

    Every damn time I try to open an attachment (almost always images)

    It will give the error "Cannot download attachment"

    I have to force close the mail app, open it and do it again.

    Been happening for months now.

    WHY?

    iPhone 7 - iOS 12.3.1

    submitted by /u/wozmatic
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud removal question

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 08:05 PM PDT

    So I recently purchased an iPhone 6s Plus 16gb unlocked in D-Grade condition (bad or non-functional LCD) and I had the seller remove the device from their iCloud account by going to the list of devices that were connected to his iCloud account. We had to do this since the screen wouldn't register any touch.

    I sell it to my buyer and he tells me that iCloud is still enabled and shows me the sickw imei checker report.

    I get confused and ask the seller about it and he sends me a screenshot of all his devices and says that it isn't connected. And I do remember looking over his phone with him and seeing "iPhone 6s Plus" show up and him selecting to remove it from account.

    Is it possible that the device is still registering as iCloud locked because it hasn't been updated to the networks via wifi or mobile data. Like, it has been removed but the device doesn't know that yet because it hasn't been connected to any networks so it hasn't registered that it's been removed.

    Anyways, sorry for the lengthy post. If I'm correct about the network thing then please let me know if not then also please let me know what else it might be.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/TimbuktuFortyJew
    [link] [comments]

    Had my speakers next to my desktop... it’s not too terrible, but is it ruined forever?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 08:02 PM PDT

    Is there a way to access iMessages if I turned off iMessage for my phone number?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 07:18 PM PDT

    I recently switched to an android without turning off iMessage. A few days went by before I deregistered my number from iMessage. I know for a fact that I missed some important texts during that time frame. I logged into iMessage on a family member's Mac, but since I deregistered my number, there's no way to see messages. Is there any way that I can access these missing messages or are they lost in Apple-traitor purgatory forever?

    Note: My old iPhone is bricked, but I still have the SIM card if that helps.

    submitted by /u/subxcity
    [link] [comments]

    Low resolution on my external monitor when connected to MBP vs my PC

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 07:07 PM PDT

    Hi!

    I recently bought a Macbook pro Mid 2017 base model. When i connect to my Samsung S29E790C, the resolution of the screen seems lower than when i had my basic PC connected.

    I've tried to adjust the resolution in the display settings. But it just seems I can't get the monitor as clear with my macbook connected.

    Any help would be awesome!

    Edit:

    I'm using the same HDMI cable i used on the PC so I know the cable can carry a clear signal.

    I also purchased a satechi usb-c multi-port adapter 4k with ethernet v2 HUB because i thought it might be the hub.

    thank you

    submitted by /u/awADHD
    [link] [comments]

    Getting a new battery for my 2011 MBP. Any tips on installing it besides the obvious ones?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 07:01 PM PDT

    I've done this before, so I'm not worried about how-tos or best practices, but I remember reading a couple of comments here and there from people saying that once the battery is installed it's best to let it fully charge for several hours while turned off to make sure that the software gets a proper read for its power readings.

    I guess this makes sense, and it's something I didn't do last time. Is this a thing? I mean, yes, plug it in and let the thing charge, but I was under the impression that the way modern batteries interacted with the software in ways that meant that any kind of calibration or what have you is not an issue.

    Yes? No? Am I crazy? What is even real anymore?

    submitted by /u/SpaceForceAwakens
    [link] [comments]

    there was a problem connecting to server error when trying to access a shared drive.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 06:35 PM PDT

    Good day,

    I'm a wee stumped here.

    The situation:

    Network is based on a default 192.168.1.1 gateway.

    Multiple devices are connected to the network; (3 apple devices, multiple android devices, windows and linux based machines, ).

    One of the machines is used as a media server, running windows 10 home, and has 3 shared folders.

    Only iMac (Yosemite 10.10.5) is unable to reach the shared folders - giving an error message "there was a problem connecting to server".

    iMac does not see the shared folders by Go to Network, also unable use command-k with CIFS:// or SMB:// (getting the error above)

    My MBP (El capitan) has no problem seeing the shares.

    Windows machine is able to see the shared folders on iMac.

    It seems like there is an issue with the iMac, but I can't tell where.

    suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Foques
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know if the GPS on an iPhone8 is accurate to a meter?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 06:28 PM PDT

    I'm mapping out an area of historical gravestones with photos and plan on using the GPS data and image to give a rough estimate to the location of a grave that visitors are looking for without having to walk round what is a fairly large cemetery. Also if there's any app, iOS or Windows that will help with this then any suggestions would be gratefully received.

    I plan on transferring the data; deceased details, grave photo and gps data to an MSAccess database and given the name, the grave can be pinpointed and mapped location printed with a photo of the grave beside it.

    This is all done on a voluntary, no pay, non-profit basis.

    submitted by /u/itsaride
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on a Macbook Problem

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 06:26 PM PDT

    I own a mid-2013 Macbook Air that's been noticeably slowing down this summer, possibly due to extra files from audio interviews I've been doing for my research and some coding projects I've been working on for a class I'm taking.

    Over the last week, and four times today, I've been having problems connecting to the internet that appear to be related to my computer rather than my internet connection. Out of nowhere, none of my pages will load, and I'll get an error message along the lines of "The page took too long to respond." This has happened on multiple different wifi networks, other people on the same wifi network have not had this problem when I do, and the problem is always resolved after resetting my computer (which is a nuisance to do more than once a day).

    Is this a bug? Or a result of a virus? Or is it time to get an upgrade? I was really hoping to hold out until the end of the year, but that's looking less and less possible.

    ETA: Also, let me know if there's a better sub for this!

    submitted by /u/mjurcz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel