• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 17, 2019

    Apple Help Do you guys think that apple HomePod/kit will catch up to google home and Amazon’s Alexa in 3-5 years?

    Apple Help Do you guys think that apple HomePod/kit will catch up to google home and Amazon’s Alexa in 3-5 years?


    Do you guys think that apple HomePod/kit will catch up to google home and Amazon’s Alexa in 3-5 years?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 02:52 PM PDT

    I'm going to be getting a smart speaker/hub in a few years and already have a mac, Apple Watch, and iPhone. However,if I was able to get one now it'd be google home because it connects to more devices and is a bit more advanced.

    But I also love Apples way of syncing different products together. So do you guys think that Apples HomeKit/pod will get to google and Amazon's level in a few years?

    submitted by /u/blue-trout
    [link] [comments]

    2019 MBP vs 2019 MB Air?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 08:37 AM PDT

    I'm looking at upgrading but don't know which to upgrade to. I do a lot of Microsoft office worksite pretty large files, and then just general browsing and video watching.

    Which MacBook is better for the price and my needs? Will I notice a huge difference between MBP and MB Air screen and processors? The $999 student price tag on the Air is really appealing, but I don't want to settle when it's only a $200 leap to the Pro

    submitted by /u/BrockyBalboa5225
    [link] [comments]

    Cleared Safari history and website data on iOS, not realizing it would close the 100+ tabs I had accumulated over my Ph.D. on stuff to read. (I know that’s dumb.) Any hope? I don’t have a recent iTunes backup.

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 02:50 PM PDT

    Having two volume sliders one for programs on each display

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 04:49 PM PDT

    I have a MBP connected to 2 large external displays. I would love to have each display have its own volume slider and have whatever is displayed on a display default to the volume set for that display. I know this is unusual but it would be so useful for me.

    submitted by /u/cyril0
    [link] [comments]

    How can I quickly backup my iPad to install its data on a new iPad?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 10:39 PM PDT

    My iPad stopped charging when it is plugged in (even though it recognizes the cable and even has the lightning bolt through the power bar). Fortunately I noticed this when the battery was not too low and I brought it to a repair place which worked on it for a few days before telling me, basically, that they can't fix it.

    And of course, I'm a complete idiot for never having synced it with iTunes or backed up so I may lose all data on the iPad. The iPad was at 4% when I turned the power off and I said I'm not going to turn the power back on until I've installed iTunes on my computer and everything is ready to go for me to sync it with iTunes to back it up.

    My question is whether there's an easier way to get a backup? If I go into my settings on the iPad and go into iCloud and select the apps (which have data I want to save) for iCloud to backup, will I be able to recover all those apps and the data on it when I buy a new iPad?

    Sorry for the noob question, I just really want to make sure I know what I'm doing so that I don't lose everything on the iPad

    submitted by /u/Newcomer2the
    [link] [comments]

    Duplicate photos and music

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 02:51 PM PDT

    Hi.

    I have managed to get my photos in a mess.

    I have folders of photos, some backups of backups as I moved from MacBook to MacBook as well as iPhone backups. On top of that I have clones and partial clones of my main library.

    Any idea how I can combine all these different photos into one de duplicated photo library?

    I also have exactly the same issue with my music library. Any suggestions on how to sort out all those duplicate songs / folders would also be great!

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Jonsmile
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8 Plus — This accessory may not be supported

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 09:56 PM PDT

    I was in the airport going to California my phone popped up with a "this accessory may not be supported" (i have an iPhone 8+).. I used my cousins charger and it worked completely fine. Next, I used the charger out of my cousins car and after about 2 days of using it it came up with the same pop up. This happened with 2 more chargers the whole week I was in California.

    Now, this week the same thing happened with another charger this today and now the other one I bought just popped up with it. It seems like if I unplug the charger, give it a break, and then plug it back into my phone it works but then after a few minutes it does it again and eventually stops working

    The first times it happened I was using a portable battery pack, but today I was using a new charger and it was plugged into an outlet and still happened.

    Also, the first 2 cords I used were apple branded but the last ones I've used haven't been apple brand because I'm not going to buy expensive cords when even those ones broke too.

    submitted by /u/kiibo_nude
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air (mid 2012) extremely slow wifi

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 09:55 PM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    I have a question regarding MacBook Air wifi connectivity problem. So basically after I replaced the fan my MacBook can't load any websites when connected to my home wifi. Computer is connected to the internet but can't load any websites within reasonable period of time (it takes up to 10 min to load yahoo.com for the reference). Wifi works perfectly fine on my iPhone and my roommates PC and phone and I even called Spectrum and they said everything looks fine on their end. I tried every possible solution I could find online but its still unusable. Any idea what might be causing the problem? Thank you!

    MacBook Air 13', mid 2012 Mac OSMojave

    submitted by /u/10kzg
    [link] [comments]

    Can't sign out of an Apple ID because I don't have an Apple ID?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 09:52 PM PDT

    Hey folks,

    This problem has me flummoxed and I thought you'd be the community to turn to. My problem is this. I got a Google Pixel 3 a few months ago, and so no longer needed my apple ID. I called Apple, followed some steps and deleted it, No problem. Here's where the trouble starts. I have a 2017 Macbook Pro that has my old Apple ID account signed in, because apparently, it didn't get the message that it doesn't exist anymore. I'll try to sign out, specifically of the "Find My Mac" feature, and it'll say to put in your password to sign out. When I do put in my old password for the now-deleted Apple ID, it simply says "You no longer have an Apple ID," and then stays signed in. It also sends this popup saying that my computer can't connect to ICloud (which makes sense because I deleted my Apple ID) and I can't get it to go away.

    If any of you have had similar experiences, know of a command-line based fix, or would just like to laugh at my shortsightedness in the comments, please do.

    submitted by /u/Lefkowicz
    [link] [comments]

    Help Me Decide!

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 09:06 PM PDT

    So I'm starting a new degree at uni and my 2014 MacBook Air is getting old due to low RAM. Because of this, I'm in the market for a new laptop. I'm looking at the 2017 MacBook Air, 2019 MacBook Air, or the 2019 MacBook Pro (Base),

    All have i5 processors, 8gb of ram and 256gb of storage.

    Prices: (all AUD)

    2017 MBA: ~$1300AUD from Apple Refurbished.

    2019 MBA: $1799 from JB HiFi (currently on sale)

    2019 MBP: $2070 from JB HiFi (currently on sale)

    Use:

    -low vision/significantly vision impaired person who zooms in a lot. I've lived with the 2014 MBA screen long enough but I'm curious about the whole Retina screen thing.

    -studying social science and would need to use research software in the future (NVivo and Stata). Mainly do a lot of typing and general stuff otherwise, but my MacBook is my main computer. I also have a 10.5" iPad Pro which I use a lot more.

    -I'm super worried about the whole keyboard debacle. Afaik it's too early to tell if the new keyboards will fail and I am aware of the keyboard replacement program, but I'm unsure if they do it in-store (I luckily live close enough to 2 Apple stores). Due to the keyboard dramas I doubt I'll keep the laptop for as long as I've kept my current one.

    -I'm curious about the touch bar because it looks neat but could probably live without it.

    Thank you so much!

    submitted by /u/CosmicBunny97
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XS SIM tray blank?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 08:46 PM PDT

    I bought a Sprint iPhone XS from Ebay that the original owner received as a replacement device. Phone is practically brand new, but the SIM tray doesn't quite fit right...Went to an Apple store and they wouldn't replace it because the SIM tray has no IMEI engraved on it. Do Apple phones that have been replaced by Apple have the IMEI engraved on them? Or did I buy a phone that just so happens to have a 3rd party SIM tray for whatever reason? The phone works perfectly its just the darn misaligned SIM tray!

    submitted by /u/jusremward
    [link] [comments]

    Hey everyone! I recently purchased and iPhone and when syncing files to iCloud music library some of the songs I uploaded aren’t available in the country or region. This are files I have bought/files of my own songs I made. Is there any reason I am getting this alert and not able to play the files?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 08:23 PM PDT

    Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/stormspeeder
    [link] [comments]

    lookin for an mbp/mba!

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 07:33 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a macbook that can handle music production and video editing decently well. don't know anything about macs, so not sure on what model to choose. my budget is roughly 700-1200$. help me out! :)

    submitted by /u/Bubberdub
    [link] [comments]

    How to manually add RSS feed to iOS News app

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 07:15 PM PDT

    I've tried the suggestions found while googling, and News opens and then says Content not available in Apple News.

    (The recommended way was to navigate to the site in iOS safari, or directly to the RSS feed, then on the share sheet, choose News). But as I said this just results in News saying it's not available.

    Did this use to work but now doesn't?

    submitted by /u/Impressive_Equal
    [link] [comments]

    Why can’t I download 3rd party apps ?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 06:57 PM PDT

    Share to Apple Devices from Final Cut Pro issue

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 06:40 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I'm new to Final Cut Pro and recently shared a video as share to Apple Devices. When it was completed, my Mac prompted me with a message that said, "Allow Final Cut Pro to share to iTunes" or something close to those words. There was two buttons, "OK" and "Don't allow"

    I accidentally pressed "Don't allow". Now, when my videos are exported. I cannot find them anywhere. Not in iTunes either.

    Would anyone know where the files end up? Or how to prompt the system to re-ask the question about sharing from Final Cut Pro to iTunes?

    Any help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/SwedishChef89
    [link] [comments]

    Used airpods are syncing but control center not showing

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 06:24 PM PDT

    I bought these used off eBay. They appear to be legitimate and Apple. They sync very easily. The sync screen comes up and I pressed connect.

    But when I press the exclamation mark next to airpods in Bluetooth. The only things that show are "disconnect and forget this device"

    I tried to reset by pressing the AirPod case with the airpods in them but the light just stays green

    submitted by /u/dont_kill_babies
    [link] [comments]

    News +. How do i add magazines to “My Magazines” section?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 06:10 PM PDT

    News +. How do i add magazines to "My Magazines" section?

    submitted by /u/joel1229
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 13 beta airpods touch control not working

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 05:28 PM PDT

    Hey all, My AirPods gen 2 touch control feature won't work at all, I've tried resetting the AirPods as well and that didn't resolve anything. Could it be the fact that I'm running IOS 13 beta(the latest one as of the time of this post), and that it could be glitched due to the fact that iOS is still in beta?

    I just got the airpods yesterday, and I noticed this issue immediately. Should I take them to apple or are you guys experiencing something similar?

    Thanks!

    Edit: spelling mistakes

    submitted by /u/2slow4mebro
    [link] [comments]

    Is it safe to only use a Smart Cover case for my iPad?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 05:26 PM PDT

    Is it safe to only use a Smart Cover case for my iPad?

    submitted by /u/changeformeiskey
    [link] [comments]

    Does iTunes method of backup and restore truly create a “clone” when you restore?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 05:16 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone 7 but it's on its last legs. I don't switch phones often and just wanted to clarify that this method is a complete restore and you're not losing things like text messages, game histories, browser bookmarks, saved WiFi connections?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/notaboutdatlyfe
    [link] [comments]

    ipad Apps Problem.

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 05:05 PM PDT

    Apps won't load unless I restart the ipad first. Thanks for your help.

    submitted by /u/gastonstegall
    [link] [comments]

    Unlock

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 04:41 PM PDT

    So I found a iPhone maxs on offer up its iCloud locked is there a way to unlock the phone?

    submitted by /u/jose092410
    [link] [comments]

    Any Limit on Screen Recording?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 12:53 PM PDT

    I'm looking to record my screen on my iPhone X for over 5 hours while being on the Instagram app.

    2 Questions:

    Question 1: To provide the additional storage needed, I'm looking to buy additional iCloud storage. I'm not TOO familiar with iCloud and am curious if the screen recording would be uploaded automatically to iCloud, or would I have to manually upload it to iCloud?

    Question 2: Is there a time/storage limit on screen recording?

    submitted by /u/spacerace2mars
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel