• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 17, 2019

    Apple Macbook How to clear this system memory. Please help

    Apple Macbook How to clear this system memory. Please help


    How to clear this system memory. Please help

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 05:28 PM PDT

    After weeks of thinking, finally bought my first macbook pro (2018 13” refurb)

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 02:02 AM PDT

    Cannot Reinstall Mojave on Macbook 12 on Internet Recovery Mode

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 09:25 PM PDT

    Cannot Reinstall Mojave on Macbook 12 on Internet Recovery Mode

    I didn't have any USB Type C storage to export the log so here's the screenshot.

    Already tried multiple times but this error kept repeating, changed Wifi, tried 4G connection and still encountered.

    https://i.redd.it/z50ee2g9oza31.jpg

    submitted by /u/shokuhawan
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro Late 2011 or Macbook Air 2013??

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 09:02 PM PDT

    Between a MBP 13" core i7, 8GB of RAM, 500GB HDD (I can upgrade to SSD later) and a MBA 11" core i5, 4GB of RAM, 128GB SSD, which one will be the best option??

    I'm currently start studying about C++ in college. Mostly I use Macbook to listen to music, surf web, watch movies,... and may be coding a lot in future

    Which one should I choose?? I can't afford more money, so I only have 2 options. Please help me. Thank you so much

    submitted by /u/naq7826
    [link] [comments]

    2016 MacBook Pro 15 inch

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 09:00 PM PDT

    Hey, I'm buying a late 2016 MBP 15 inch used from a friend in excellent condition. It was a graduation gift, so he's only wants 1000 for it. Anything I should be weary of? He had apple care and it expires in November if this year. But I think in terms of the keyboard Apple has the program up until next year. Thanks for any feed back!

    submitted by /u/simply_lime
    [link] [comments]

    Having second thoughts about my new MBA

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 08:59 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    Just recently got the 13-inch 2018 MBA to replace my mid-2014 13-inch MBP. The MBP was running pretty well for a five year old macbook, and the only big issue with it was the little storage space it had (128 GB vs. 256 GB). Just wondering if this truly was still an upgrade on my end, and if y'all think it was worth it to get this 2018 model vs. waiting to get a reduced price 2019 version after a couple months (maybe?). I'm not doing anything too intense on it, but I did like having more then just two USB-C ports. Let me know what you all think! Thanks.

    submitted by /u/stannsmash
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro Early 2015 13 inch keyboard repair

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 08:50 PM PDT

    Hello,

    So about two years ago, I spilled melted ice cream on my MacBook. Apple said it would cost $1000 to repair, so I decided to just fix it myself. The only corrosion I saw at the time was on the battery adapter, so I bought a new battery and it worked perfectly since.

    Up until two weeks ago, the asdfghjkl keys stopped working. They didn't completely stop working, they work sometimes, on and off.

    I assume maybe the keyboard adaptor may have been damaged during the spill as well (correct me if I'm wrong)

    I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this repair. Thanks for your help!

    Edit: literally every other single key works perfectly fine

    Update: upon slamming in the keyboard, it starts working for a bit

    submitted by /u/pineapplesaucee
    [link] [comments]

    How to connect two 4k USB- C monitors to 2018 Macbook Pro via one USB-C cable, while still being able to power laptop?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 05:01 PM PDT

    I've Googled around quite a bit for this. In the process, I went from a complete monitor noob to sort of knowing what the answer will probably be. Mainly, I am looking for someone to validate my suspicion and recommend a solution (i.e. a product) that I can purchase.

    Details:

    I have two LG 27UK850-W monitors (4k, HDR 10, USB-C) and one Macbook Pro (2018, upgraded it as well to make it beefier).

    Ask:

    I would like to be able to connect just one USB-C cable (specifically this one) from my Macbook Pro and have both LG USB-C monitors work, while also still reaping the benefits of being able to charge my laptop via this single cable.

    • I understand for this to be possible I will likely need some sort of splitter or docking station capable of supplying power. At this point I am just sort of looking for someone to explain how it all works (EILI5-style) and just point a finger and say "this is your best bet; buy this."

    Finals Notes:

    • With whatever proposed solution, I would ideally expect both monitors to be performing/visually looking their best. Full 4k resolution, fast, etc.
    • Money isn't too much of an issue though I wouldn't want some prohibitively expensive. Open to hearing cheaper options if it means cutting out the ability to charge my Macbook Pro while connected.
    • I'm really into the idea of one cable to plug into my laptop. Ideally, want to avoid having two USB-C cables coming out of my Macbook Pro and connecting to two different monitors individually.
    • I have already read this article. It helped a little with my understanding, but I still don't feel confident enough to make the decision without some help from you all.

    Finally, THANK YOU!

    submitted by /u/TheLewbowski
    [link] [comments]

    Should I return 2019 MBA for MBP?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 11:45 AM PDT

    I recently bought the MBA with the following specs:

    16GB Ram, 512 GB HDD

    I am debating weather I should return the air for the MBP 1.4GHZ quad core with 8GB Ram and 512 GB. The price would be quite similar.

    This will be my work computer for the next 3 - 4 years. At work I am using things like salesforce, slack, google docs, email, etc...

    I do like the portability and battery life as I am on the road alot.

    What do you think, will the air last me for the next 3 - 4 years?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/plastikman13
    [link] [comments]

    2012 MacBook Pro problem

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 01:16 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, I'm going to be upgrading next month so I'm looking to sell this for extra cash but the past 2-3 days my MAC has been zooming in and moving tabs by itself....just wondering if anyone knows any ways to fix this?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/cdzs123
    [link] [comments]

    $1299 vs $1799 13" MacBook Pro 2019 - Full Comparison

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 05:36 AM PDT

    2019 15” i9/16gb/512gb VS 2019 13” i5/16gb/512gb

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 06:15 PM PDT

    Looking for opinions on the new quad core 13". How much of a difference would this be between the base 15" for music production strictly. Using Ableton with around 20-30 tracks and only plugin is serum. Space isn't an issue because I have external drives and size isn't an issue because I always have an external monitor to plug into.

    With student discount it's about a $950 discount to get the 13" so is that worth the additional processing power from the 15"?

    submitted by /u/widestall
    [link] [comments]

    Whats wrong with this?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 04:37 PM PDT

    2015 Mac in 2019??

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 11:07 AM PDT

    Apple MacBook Pro 13" MC700LL/A Intel i5-2415M 2.30GHz 8GB RAM 320GB HDD OSX Hey guys I'm Interested in getting a Mac just don't have enough money to buy the latest model. I've been seeing decent reviews online but those could be scam what do you guys think ?? I'm waiting to mainly for entry level coding / app development

    submitted by /u/JonathanthegreatP1_
    [link] [comments]

    Battery and heating issues with 13” Macbook Pro (2019)

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 01:39 PM PDT

    I just bought my first Macbook Pro (13", 1.4GHz Quad-Core Processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz, 128GB Storage, Touch Bar and Touch ID) on Sunday. It ended up having issues like heating up after 15 - 20 minutes of light browsing/messaging and Safari taking up 120% CPU. The Apple store exchanged it for a new one.

    With my new one, it seems to be having similar problems with heating up after light usage. I set up the new Macbook and then left (closed the lid) for about three or four hours with the battery at 97%. When I came back, the battery was at 70%. I noticed that Mail was above 100% CPU. Also, when I restart the computer, a progress bar displays right after I log in.

    Side note - "light usage" here means 4 or 5 tabs in Safari, Mail, Calendar, and Notes all open. Eventually I plan on doing video editing and Photoshop.

    1) Should I take it back to the Apple store or should I tough it out? Is it just taking up so much battery because everything is setting up?

    2) What is "normal" for MBPs in terms of heating up? Mine gets hot in between the touch bar and the screen, as well as the upper part of the keyboard. Occasionally the area around the track pad gets hot as well.

    3) Approximately how much battery is lost per minute/hour for this kind of usage? For both laptops I've it seems to have lost 2% every 3 minutes.

    I really love the switch to macOS but this is frustrating that all of these issues are occurring.

    submitted by /u/bellobelloo
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook 2017 return policy

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 12:55 PM PDT

    Hello all, I have purchased MacBook pro 2017 13 inch just before release of 2019 mbp. I have purchased it from USA, and imported to India. It took about a month to reach out to me via a person ( I haven't used any courier service). Now that I have used the MacBook only once, I went to apple store to upgrade my MacBook via return policy and the people told me that they can't as I have already unlocked my device they can't upgrade the MacBook. Is it really true that if I just activated my device, it's not eligible for upgradation?

    submitted by /u/jayd9440
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook A1342 2010 - OS Installation Issue

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 12:34 PM PDT

    Hello All,

    I purchased a Macbook A1342 2010 (white one) from eBay and it arrived with software and a password on it. This was not in the seller's description. I instinctively (have had many macs before) used Disc Utility to wipe the disk and reinstall OS. All was going well until when I went to sign in before installation began it said: "This item is temporarily unavailable". I went on the internet in search of answers and someone suggested to use Online Recovery (which I did) and it reverted back to OSx Lion. The exact same error happened with Lion as it did with El Capitan right before it begins installing - "This item is temporarily unavailable". The Apple ID that I used has been used with Macs before but no older than El Capitan. I tried two Apple IDs which have both been used on Macs and both were refused. The seller is saying it is my fault despite him being the one that sold a locked product without stating so and eBay have ruled in his favour. How can I go about fixing this mess?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Wiyui
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air - Line In thru headphone port?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 09:05 AM PDT

    Really easy question (hopefully!)
    My 10-yr old MBP has died and I'm looking to update to a Macbook Air.
    Just want to confirm that you can change the headphone output to audio in via System Preferences.

    submitted by /u/MrJoeyDeacon
    [link] [comments]

    What do you use to clean your screen?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 08:46 AM PDT

    I used something a couple years ago and it took the varnish off. Could someone please suggest a good screen cleaner?

    submitted by /u/lovelightinthestorm
    [link] [comments]

    iMac retina 1tb HDD base model

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 08:40 AM PDT

    Hi guys, just order a retina 21 inch 1tb HDD iMac base model. Does anyone have experience with the speed of this machine and gaming performance? Does the HDD speed really make this unusable? Especially for gaming?

    submitted by /u/arnold112
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth headphones not connecting

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 08:35 AM PDT

    I have an early 2015 MacBook air 13 inch and I got some new true wireless earbuds that work perfectly on my phone and worked great with my Mac for the first few days but now when I try to connect I turn Bluetooth on and the headphones show up in the list but when I click connect it doesn't connect. I've waited for more than 5 minutes and it doesn't work.

    submitted by /u/OliverV04
    [link] [comments]

    How do you clean your macbook’s screen. I always heard about water but that doesn’t help much. And tonight I use a little amount of LCD screen cleaner. Did I just fuck my mac’screen ��

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 07:42 AM PDT

    Moving Abroad in 2 Weeks; Good Time to Upgrade Mid-2012 MBP?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2019 03:46 AM PDT

    Hello, r/macbook!

    I'll be moving to Japan in 15 days and I'm wondering if now's the time to retire my mid-2012 (13 inch, 2.9 GHz, 8GB, and I recently added a 1TB SSD). Generally speaking, my current MacBook Pro meets my needs, but I want to get into video editing and coding while abroad. I also have plans to attend grad school (humanities) upon my return. (The program is around 3 years long.)

    I'd like to keep things as cheap as possible, preferably around $2,000 with AppleCare and taxes. I am interested in the new entry level MacBook Pro.

    Is this a good option for my intended use case? Would bumping the baseline to 256GB of storage and 16GB of RAM be overkill?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Petite-Bleu
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel