• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 26, 2019

    macOS What Are Your "Must Have Software" for the Mac's? Pair Or Free.

    macOS What Are Your "Must Have Software" for the Mac's? Pair Or Free.


    What Are Your "Must Have Software" for the Mac's? Pair Or Free.

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 07:27 PM PDT

    Just wondering what different types of software people are using! Wondering if there is more I can be doing with my Mac as well.

    submitted by /u/SlothTheHeroo
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Workspace: macOS Catalina Edition

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 07:32 AM PDT

    Pro tip: cmd+? (aka cmd+shift+/) allows you to type in and quickly select any item from your current app's menu bar menus from the keyboard!

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 09:52 PM PDT

    Been using this one for years, thought others might appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/dfgsdhrdgsedger
    [link] [comments]

    WiFi causes white sparkles in my tv connected via DP/HDMI. Also causes a faint hiss in headphones. Is it a bad computer, OS, or is it inherent in macs? bad for tv?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 11:49 PM PDT

    So my wifi is chugging along trying to update adobe. I have a 4k samsung connected by a displayport to hdmi converter. I get white pixel sparkles when my mac pro 2013 is downloading. I know its the wifi because it stops when i turn it off, then comes back when wifi is back on. Are the sparkles bad for my tv in any way? I noticed this today. But years ago I used to have headphones connected to the audio output on my computer (now i exclusively use interface). But when my wifi would be going hard, I would hear a very very faint hiss, just like a soda pop after you open it, that gentle fizzing. But very quiet and sort of digitally sounding.

    So my question is: is this a thing with mac computers, or am i getting this wifi problem because my OS is on an external usb drive?

    submitted by /u/xpercipio
    [link] [comments]

    Give away 50 redeem code for my macOS app

    Posted: 26 Jun 2019 01:18 AM PDT

    I've made a timelapse macOS app to record my daily work. It compress 1 hour recording content to 1 mins.

    It's in App Store now and u can checkout here

    I'm giving away 50 redeem code for free

    If you can try and give me some feedback. That will be awesome .

    about how to use the redeem code:

    at the bottom of the apple store, there is a redeem button. Press the button and paste the code, it will download the app for free. If u buy the app by misclick , u can ask the apple to refund.

    here is the code below:

    MLKKFH47FJMM

    94MPLY4AWKHJ

    4J6WR643J67Y

    JH336ARMEJ37

    R79R366WE6R9

    R4334FL4XTY6

    MYMN3RR49MXW

    XEK76FE9RP3P

    PFN9HFPRY4MF

    FYWTMT33EWMA

    KMPTAHKARFMA

    7J7W4TXL74FM

    LKJ933MTFF3L

    FEY9JPJFMHJT

    6797FEFAAL3P

    7X94AWFR69AN

    X3NXXTW6N7E6

    P7NNR6XHJ4FM

    RXEJRF7JR9AW

    NR46YNJHWHRM

    4M3E7LE39WWE

    EKXFRJJW4FHL

    9LJL6F4YLTFN

    WYTT7XJALWEP

    HJNRKTXKWJYJ

    RMJRAKKJY4X9

    7TLETAYM79XE

    9AAJYPKWF7HH

    FPHMTFH77LEE

    6LT9MHAXWTLY

    KXNJMKN6JJ4X

    A3MLW477RW7W

    NALTWXNWKY77

    LTMT3KALPWL7

    A796XNAA99LL

    YJRLM4XWHLYJ

    PJTMAN3FYE36

    NRJ73X7RKEJH

    YLWYJNX746KA

    NE4KEYWLTWW3

    4HK7XL4LRNR9

    3W7HN7AFKJ67

    7PTY3MXTTPLL

    7NTPMPRJXRWF

    93R49HEX3ENF

    E7JKL443R7AJ

    K9K7TYYPAEX3

    EF4KTLLXPXRK

    AKR67M7YMNPX

    WM7F4XP3XWNJ

    submitted by /u/ansonsiva
    [link] [comments]

    Dimed and unclickable file?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 07:39 PM PDT

    I have files that are dimed and unclickable...

    When I right click and open with WORD, it says

    Item "word doc" is used by macOS and can't be opened.

    submitted by /u/itsgoingtobehuge
    [link] [comments]

    Message about "rapportd" keeps popping up on my macbook?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 08:43 PM PDT

    The message says "the computer ____ is attempting to access rapportd on your computer. Do you want to allow this?" then two options as block or allow.

    Sometimes it comes up as my phone name, or just random numbers instead of "computer"

    I am updated to macOS Mojave 10.14.5

    submitted by /u/hxnestly
    [link] [comments]

    Feedback Assistant app but not on beta?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 08:19 PM PDT

    My Mac is running the official macOS Mojave but I just noticed that when I type Feedback in Spotlight and Finder, the app shows up. Also, I've never installed a macOS beta on my Mac before. Is this normal?

    submitted by /u/bypiano
    [link] [comments]

    Any idea what this could be?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 01:07 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/tvatGTO

    I normally don't install strange apps on my Mac but sometimes will find suspiciously named folders that I cannot identify. Normally a google search is enough to get an idea about what they may be coming from but this shanghai.frockmaker in the cache folder has me completely clueless. Could it be malware? I was cleaning the *10GB* of Spotify cache (didn't even download anything) when I ran into that.

    submitted by /u/patatonix
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to make Siri speak notifications?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 12:41 PM PDT

    I have some alerts for certain things setup that send a message to a slack channel. Things like: "Database CPU usage is 80%"

    I think it would be cool to have Siri speak these notifications. It would feel more like my computer can actually talk to me like a robot. Is there a way to do this?

    submitted by /u/smidley
    [link] [comments]

    Windows Support Software grabbed from Boot Camp Version 6.1.0 (6067.260.27) MacOS Mojave 10.14.5

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 11:25 PM PDT

    Missing icon in macOS Catalina public beta 1

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 02:31 PM PDT

    Sidecar missing from first public Catalina Beta?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 10:13 AM PDT

    Issues with Mac OS public beta

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 11:56 AM PDT

    I attempted to setup public beta and now it's stuck at black bar that is about 95% complete and it's been stuck for hours. I tried running recovery and get an error about the drive not being mounted.

    submitted by /u/Mikeew83
    [link] [comments]

    Does macOS log when a user account password was changed?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 09:13 AM PDT

    Does macOS log when a user account password was changed, if so, where can I find this info?

    This is on Mojave.

    submitted by /u/BingityBang
    [link] [comments]

    Call notifications

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 05:05 AM PDT

    Maybe this topic has been created already, but do you know if there is any chance Apple would allow calls to be displayed as a notification bar in iOS 13 ?

    I am running a beta of it but I don't find this feature. Maybe it is going to be added in the official public release ?

    submitted by /u/Dadatilman
    [link] [comments]

    Blocking Spam Messages, etc

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 11:57 AM PDT

    I just learned about the second part of this, so if it's been posted too many times, I do apologize (but I just got my first Macbook a few weeks ago)

    • Create a single contact named 'SPAM' (or whatever you'll recognize) and anytime you want to block a number, just add it to that contact.
    • Block the contact in FaceTime on MacOS and from then on, any number you add to that contact will be automatically blocked, including SMS messages on your Mac.
    • Any time a service's 'blocking method' forces you to use an actual contact, always use this SPAM contact.
    submitted by /u/SpideyRules9974
    [link] [comments]

    [Issue] Mouse button 5 as 'Show desk' shortcut not working (any mission control shortcut)

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 07:00 AM PDT

    Hey,

    I'm running this issue on older MacBook with El Capitan and current iMac with High Sierra so it seems it hasn't been fixed.

    The problem is when I make a shortcut in Preferences -> Mission Control -> [pick any action] [Mouse Button 5] it is working okay but after a reboot it is not working anymore and cannot make it working again. This is so annoying because I love this shortcut but I am not able to use it. Of course I have other buttons all working and mouse is not an issue.

    Do anyone know fix for this abject issue?

    submitted by /u/chief117pl
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Os Catalina

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 10:03 AM PDT

    Guys please how do I downgrade back to Mojave without time machine backup. The beta is really really buggy and I can't stand it. I feel like a fool installing the beta on my mac.

    submitted by /u/Essilfie_
    [link] [comments]

    Clean install macOS

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 03:47 AM PDT

    My MacBook Pro was running Mojave. Due to some issues need to perform clean install of macOS. Have erased all data first . But when using utility to install a new macOS, it only install the Sierra version. But still can't finish the installation and hangs. Why? My MacBook Pro was the 2017 Touch Bar version. Please help!

    submitted by /u/NorhoNor
    [link] [comments]

    Getting an error when trying to install macOS Catalina Public Beta on my 2018 MBA. Any fixes? I am on the current version of Mojave and have installed the correct profile and all. I am just stumped.

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 03:02 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel