• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 11, 2019

    macOS One of these things is not like the other 🙁

    macOS One of these things is not like the other ��


    One of these things is not like the other ��

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 03:53 PM PDT

    So long ... & thanks for all the fish !

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 04:15 AM PDT

    Mail app pops up randomly

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 09:56 PM PDT

    My mail app has been popping up randomly for a while now and it's really annoying. I tried searching for answers on google and talking to the apple support and no luck. Does anyone know how to fix this annoying problem.

    submitted by /u/Squishymeow11
    [link] [comments]

    WhatsApp doesn't "update automatically"

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 05:15 PM PDT

    So, today I got into my mac and decided to use WhatsApp to get in touch with some classmates for a project (I know it sucks) and it says that it couldn't update automatically, with a button that says update, which downloads the installer with the latest version. "ok, that's weird but I don't really mind", the problem is that now is stuck in this message.

    It won't update within the app, it won't work from the downloaded installer either, removed it from the apps folder and got the latest installer manually just in case but still shows the same message.

    There was a similar post about 2 years ago but it was resolved with a MacOs update but that's not an option now since I'm running the latest update.

    Does anyone have any clues about this? even if just rumors or something to work with from there.

    • rMP 13" early 2015
    • macOs Mojave 10.14.5
    • WhatsApp version 0.3.3328
    submitted by /u/Chrysheight
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro not booting off internal drive

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 08:19 PM PDT

    I installed an ssd in a 2013 15" MacBook Pro and I can't get any os on it installed. So I installed Sierra on an external drive and used super duper to clone it to the internal drive and it copied successfully and I can explore the files on the internal now.

    If I go into system preferences and set the start up disk to the internal it will restart to the external. If I unplug the external and hold down option on boot no drives show up. Why is it not recognizing the internal drive?

    submitted by /u/MattHogen
    [link] [comments]

    I can not split screen brave and chrome. latest Mojave

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 01:31 PM PDT

    Should I update my late 2012 iMac?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 12:17 AM PDT

    Ok, so... I'm pretty sure you guys have heard that Apple is trying to "kill" old Macs by slowing them down so the customers will buy new stuff. Now, here's my question, should I? My iMac can update to Mojave, and even Catalina, but should I? Is it worth it? Will my iMac slow down like what people say?

    submitted by /u/icebunny08
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro not installing OS on internal drive

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 07:10 PM PDT

    I bought a MacBook Pro 2013 15" without an ssd so I bought an Apple ssd and installed it. It's recovery mode is Mavericks and booting into recovery mode won't recognize the ssd. If I use a Sierra or Mojave installer it will recognize it and start installing but it will load to the Apple logo then just boot back to either the usb installer or an external drive if I try to from there.

    It's formatted to journaled extended. I am completely lost any ideas are welcome.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/MattHogen
    [link] [comments]

    Booting from external APFS SSD

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 05:24 PM PDT

    Hi guys,

    Sometime ago (High Sierra) I tried to install macOS on external SSD formatted with APFS. I had problem because it took 1 min during the boot (before Apple logo) to recognize the device. Many people reported this problem but I only saw one saying this was fixed on Mojave.

    Now, I will buy an external SSD to install macOS definitely. I am choosing between USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 and thunderbolt 3. The former will have way more space, the latter is immune to the slow boot problem I was having.

    Since I do not need all that speed from thunderbolt, I would prefer the one with more space. Can anyone confirm if that very slow boot time was fixed on this case?

    submitted by /u/Ronis_BR
    [link] [comments]

    Encrypting Pages, Numbers, and Other Files on Mac and in iCloud

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 02:37 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I know there is a password protection option for protecting documents, but I'm assuming this option only password protects the document and does not encrypt the document on the drive.

    Is there a method for encrypting such documents? Please correct me if my assumption is incorrect (with proof of some sort please).

    submitted by /u/Question_Answer_123
    [link] [comments]

    How to run Blender as root always in MacOS Mojave?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 07:31 PM PDT

    I remember back in the day we never had to connect to this many IP addresses just to be able to browse the Internet.

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 06:43 PM PDT

    Need your suggestion. Spotlight didn't search programs.

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 07:13 AM PDT

    GoPro Footage/ Video Help

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 03:52 PM PDT

    running Mojave 10.14 2.7 GHz intel core i5 early MBP, with a Intel Iris Graphics of 6100. The footage is 4k but it tends to lag of skip a second, not a smooth transitioning video when pulling from SD card, I've also transferred the video to my Hdrive but the same issue. any reasons as to why this is happening or should i be using something aside from Quicktime.

    submitted by /u/gnarlyjae
    [link] [comments]

    Recover old Hard Disk data

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 02:09 PM PDT

    Hello everyone! I write here because I'm trying to recover the data that were on the hard disk of my old MacBook Pro (that is no longer working). I unmounted my MacBook Pro and connected the hard disk to a "USB to Ata Bridge" but the hard disk does not appear. I know it's not the bridge's fault because connecting an other hard disk, it works. Am I doing something wrong? I am using Windows 10

    submitted by /u/iocomxda
    [link] [comments]

    Sidecar not working on 2017 MacBook (Core m3 processor) + iPad Pro 2018

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 01:39 PM PDT

    I've been trying to get Sidecar to work on my 12" MacBook, although for some reason it's not appearing in the AirPlay menu, whether it's connected wired or wirelessly. I've even tried running the commands to enable it on unsupported devices, despite the 2017 MacBook supposedly being supported.

    When going to the Sidecar settings pane, dropdown beneath "Connect to:" simply says "No Devices", and doesn't let me connect.

    However, my iPad is detected when plugged in, and I can manage it in Finder, and pairs successfully over Bluetooth, ruling out a connection problem.

    I'm wondering if it's because I'm using a different Apple ID on each device? The MacBook is a work machine whereas the iPad is a personal device, hence why they're using different accounts.

    I'm running macOS 10.15 Beta 1 and iPadOS 13.0 Beta 1 on each device respectively.

    submitted by /u/magicpurpledinosaur
    [link] [comments]

    Parallels macOS Catalina

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 04:16 AM PDT

    Has anyone tried Parallels 14 on macOS Catalina? I am currently thinking about the one time purchase but wouldn't be worth it if it stops working in Fall. I could get 2 years abo for nearly the same price due to edu offers. What would you recommend?

    submitted by /u/Thadili
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for some help and suggestions for some software for text to speech/audio...

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 11:53 AM PDT

    So im kinda new to macOS and im loving it so far. Im looking for some software that can scan pdf files on my Mac and turn them into audio files that I can then upload to iTunes and listen to it while im working during the day. Is there such a thing on macOS, I know windows has such software but im new to macOS and not sure what to look for or how to find it. And hopefully something free its for personal use. Thanks so much for your time.

    submitted by /u/howmanymeninthenorth
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Advice - Windows snapping? Middle mouse button + additional gestures? ⌘-Tabbing between windows (Like on...Windows)?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 07:50 AM PDT

    I am new to Mac and even I try to just go on with "unique" feature OS X has I found myself in a desperate need of getting back some control I am used to from Win. Here is what I am looking for:

    1. Windows snapping - I am looking for touchpad/mouse dragging to at least corners for fourths and sides for split view (windowed, I don't like the "default" full-screen split view), preferably not horizontal split as well (one window at top, one at bottom) - I found some, one I like so far is Magnet, is there some other recommendation (in case of more expensive ones, if something which is worth extra money);
    2. MMB + additional gestures - I have so much problems with this one, I tend to use MMB for opening URLs in a new tab, closing tabs and such, however I would actually like to get a tad more gestures, like minimizing (real) and I could imagine add my own, with such huge touchpad I can imagine even 5-finger gestures (tap and swipe) - is there something besides BetterTouchTool (I noticed on one of the screens it has even 5-finger gesture support)?;
    3. ⌘+` does not make sense (no preview) and what's more, our keyboard has ISO layout, which means my "tilde" is next to the enter (it is much better placed on ANSI layout) - here I will admit - I am looking for something just like on Windows 10 -- probably the one which can have alt-tab for each desktop (I use 2-3 desktops) - I was somehow unlucky to find any viable option.

    And not to make it sound all that negative, I love the way alternative characters are done on ISO layout, first time in my life I can live with ISO layout (using localized keyboard) as I have all my pipes and hashes and such on hand using option key! And even though Windows has something similar it is far from being as convenient as this solution. I hope I evened out the karma.

    submitted by /u/dropadred
    [link] [comments]

    pip install problem

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 11:00 AM PDT

    hi, im trying to install some library with "pip3 install trezor", but getting this error:

    ERROR: Complete output from command /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/bin/python3.7 -u -c 'import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='"'"'/private/var/folders/0y/f0c0skm57b9g4d86wj6p75j40000gn/T/pip-install-h0e97qoq/pyblake2/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' bdist_wheel -d /private/var/folders/0y/f0c0skm57b9g4d86wj6p75j40000gn/T/pip-wheel-177tsnc1 --python-tag cp37:

    ERROR: running bdist_wheel

    running build

    running build_ext

    building 'pyblake2' extension

    creating build

    creating build/temp.macosx-10.9-x86_64-3.7

    gcc -Wno-unused-result -Wsign-compare -Wunreachable-code -fno-common -dynamic -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -arch x86_64 -g -DBLAKE2_COMPRESS_AUTO=1 -I/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/include/python3.7m -c pyblake2module.c -o build/temp.macosx-10.9-x86_64-3.7/pyblake2module.o

    xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun

    error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1

    ----------------------------------------

    ERROR: Failed building wheel for pyblake2

    what I'm doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/confic25
    [link] [comments]

    Request: Pro Tools and Unreal Engine app icons

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 10:36 AM PDT

    Hi! A bit of a random odd request here. Does anyone have Pro Tools and/or installed that could get the .icn of the application found on the resources folder of the package for me please? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/ElVortexEUW
    [link] [comments]

    Running games emulators on old Mac OS (10.6.8)

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 04:20 AM PDT

    Does anyone have any suggestions of good programs to use for retro game emulation on an old Mac Mini (mid-2007 model, Intel core 2 duo, 1gb ram) running mac os 10.6.8?

    I've done some googling and this https://openemu.org/ seems to be quite popular, but it has a minimum OS requirement of Mac OS 10.11. Does anyone know of anything that would run on 10.6.8?

    submitted by /u/JohnnyDrama90
    [link] [comments]

    Mail

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 08:05 AM PDT

    How to view mail in the same window instead of opening a new window for every mail?

    submitted by /u/notbhargav
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel