• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 22, 2019

    macOS Im Using TOO MUCH memory and CPU! And the system "NwjTEbNI" is causing it. All i know is that its owned by the root task and even if i quit l, it comes back after 1 min or so. PLZ help

    macOS Im Using TOO MUCH memory and CPU! And the system "NwjTEbNI" is causing it. All i know is that its owned by the root task and even if i quit l, it comes back after 1 min or so. PLZ help


    Im Using TOO MUCH memory and CPU! And the system "NwjTEbNI" is causing it. All i know is that its owned by the root task and even if i quit l, it comes back after 1 min or so. PLZ help

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 11:19 PM PDT

    Reset Safari to “first time” state in Mojave

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 03:23 PM PDT

    My Safari got stuck in the main Netflix menu. I have to Force Quit the app to close it. But every time I start the app again, it restores the previous state before closing, and it got stuck again in the Netflix menu, and I need to Force Quit again. I can't use the Safari menus or anything else.

    I already erased caches, preferences, saved states and many other options of Safari in the Library folder but nothing works.

    Is there anyway to reset the Safari app to its original state? Like when it shows you "Welcome to Safari", etc. Maybe from the terminal or something.

    Or a way to uninstall and reinstall the app in Mojave?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/JayRosDJ
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading from MacOS 10.11.6 El Capitan from an early 2008 Mac Pro.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 04:13 PM PDT

    I'm stuck with this version of MacOS based on old firmware. Anyway to upgrade at all? I have 32GB of RAM on a 2TB hard drive with a 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor.

    submitted by /u/stevieboni
    [link] [comments]

    Systems taking up space but I have NOT set up Time Machine

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 09:02 PM PDT

    I know that this is a question that's asked a lot but all the answers I see are to use terminal and get rid of local snapshots but I haven't set up time machine (as far as my limited knowledge) on my computer ever. It is getting increasingly frustrating that I have no space on my mac (MacBook Pro Early 2015) yet almost half of my computer's storage goes to the system itself.

    I remember one time I did something to reduce it to 9GB through some suggestions/tutorials that I found on the internet that did not involve the use of terminal or any coding but I can't seem to find that solution anymore. Can anyone help? It would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Talia017
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes no longer works 10.14.5

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 06:30 PM PDT

    is there a way to extract the iTunes pkg from an usb installer or the image you download from the App Store?

    seeing as it wouldn't hurt, I uninstalled it by disabling SIP. since you can longer download iTunes via apple I'm SOL right now. ps...itunes wouldn't open at all.

    submitted by /u/kiiinglouie
    [link] [comments]

    HDMI outputs issue

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 12:06 PM PDT

    HDMI outputs issue

    Hello all,

    I have a MBP 13-inch 2017. I'm currently running 2 monitors with thunderbolt to HDMI adapters which works just fine. The issue that I am having now is that I'd like to connect a sound bar with a 3rd thunderbolt to HDMI adapter. When I connect this 3rd adapter the mac won't detect it unless I unplug one of the other 2 adapters used for the monitors.

    Is there a limit on how many HDMI devices you can run on this model?

    https://i.redd.it/zxa10n71vr531.jpg

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Bullo
    [link] [comments]

    "Catonic" Process?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 05:55 PM PDT

    Hello, my CPU utilisation was very high and the fans were going crazy on my mbp 2018 15" so I checked in activity monitor and using a huge amount of resources was something called "Catonic" which I had never heard of before. After quitting it my processor temps instantly went from 90c to 70c which is pretty crazy. Google returns no results for what it is, any help?

    I had just finished a Logic Pro X Bounce if that helps.

    submitted by /u/CoolJWR100
    [link] [comments]

    Random pasting from another networked Mac

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 04:40 AM PDT

    Has anyone got a fix for this?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 04:02 PM PDT

    Is there any way I can disable the function key shortcuts for google chrome?

    submitted by /u/amlnwc
    [link] [comments]

    Window parameter of my finder

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 07:01 AM PDT

    Hi buddies,

    I would like to reset the window parameter of my finder. How can I do this ?

    submitted by /u/DamienVdb
    [link] [comments]

    OS 10.14.5 locked me out with the most ridiculous password requirements I've ever seen.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 03:56 AM PDT

    Maybe not the right place for this, but here goes. So, to log into my Macbook Pro (2018), I usually use touch ID, or sometimes enter my password. Today, it told me I had to change my password to log in when waking up from sleeping. That's odd, but OK. And then I get a list of password requirements, one of which is impossible to satisfy: "Not allowed to change own password." What the fuck, OS?

    I had advanced Apple support stumped for several hours, and they're passing the issue on to their engineers. I created a new user, and am able to still use my computer, but everything with my admin/original user account is still locked out. I sadly see a clean sweep in my future.

    Anybody ever see anything like this?

    https://imgur.com/a/nW7koHh

    submitted by /u/MusaEnsete
    [link] [comments]

    Data recovery issue 2019 MacBook Pro

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 03:08 AM PDT

    I bought a Macbook pro 2019 model 16 days ago after suffering a major data loss on a Chromebook.

    Over the last 16 days i have been organising my files on my new Macbook sorting out doubles of what i have between back ups, over all this is the only secure copy of my files(on the 2019 macbook).

    Where my issue gets tricky is the new Macbooks have a security chip on the hard drive not allowing access unless the computer powers on.

    Does anyone have any advice or experience getting data off of the 2019 macbook?

    Any advice or information will be greatly appreciated .

    submitted by /u/xcelsior84
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel