• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 25, 2019

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread - [June 24]

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread - [June 24]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [June 24]

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 08:16 AM PDT

    Welcome to the daily Tech Support thread for /r/Apple.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. On mobile? Here is a screenshot with our rules.

    Join our Discord and IRC chat rooms for support:

    Discord

    IRC

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience

    Here is an archive of all previous "Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Apple releases first public beta of iOS 13

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 10:26 AM PDT

    Apple Says Spotify Only Pays 15% Fee on About 0.5% of Subscribers in Response to App Store Complaint

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 10:14 AM PDT

    iOS 13 could add support for Hong Kong's Octopus transit card

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 07:33 PM PDT

    Sidecar is the best feature ever!!!

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 07:10 PM PDT

    (Subjective title, of course.)

    Oh man I just downloaded the iPadOS 13 and macOS Catalina beta's for my Apple devices and it just works so beautifully, I can't believe it's actually a thing.

    A little background: as a developer, a minimum of two screens have always been a must for me. I love how macOS handles multiple desktops, which works as well as it can, but there's always something about having that extra screen that you gotta love. I tried an app combo called Duet Display, and it did what it had to do, but even while I had the devices wired to each other, input was laggy and it didn't make efficient use of the screen (I have a 2017 MacBook Pro 15" and a 2017 iPad Pro 12.9".) I know it's of no fault to the developers, as there are many limitations to how apps like these can work.

    With that being said, I didn't think Apple would ever come out with a feature like this that would be natively supported, so of course when I heard that it was going to be in the next updates, I knew I had to try it out at the first chance I get. I read in an article that Apple said the wireless functionality worked nearly as well as connecting it via wire, but I took that at face value because wireless always tends to be finicky.

    Well, I can honestly say this one feature has justified the purchase price of both of my devices. First thing I did when I updated was open Sidecar on my MBP and decided that I would try the wireless option just for the sake of it.

    ...I was totally amazed! Especially having come from Duet with a wire, it seems like there is NO input lag, the touchbar and sidebar features make efficient use of the extra screen real estate I have (both have been useful to be thus far) and everything works flawlessly! (Well, as flawless as a beta can get.) And if you're not a fan of the touchbar/sidebar, you can disable them and the display fills the whole screen. AWESOME.

    It really is great - now I can work so much more efficiently when I'm not at home. I have to say, hats off to Apple for this, as I've been waiting for this feature since the O.G. iPad Pro was announced. Thanks Apple!!!

    submitted by /u/iVtechboyinpa
    [link] [comments]

    Public beta for macOS Catalina being released today

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 10:04 AM PDT

    My Apple Watch saved my life.

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 12:46 AM PDT

    Please bare with me as I am new to Reddit but thought it may be the best place to say thanks to Apple.

    Dear Apple.

    I thought I would take the time to write to you about my recent events and to let you know that I am thankful for your efforts in developing technology as it has saved my life.

    I am a 30 year old male living in the UK, living a healthy lifestyle and although knew of some issues with my history of my health thought I was at the time the healthiest I have ever been.

    Back in April while nearing the end of training for the Brighton marathon and feeling like I was doing pretty well. When on the 5th of April I was getting palpitations all of a sudden which didn't seem to stop. While wearing my Apple Watch series 4 which had just had the ECG function just released a week before i thought I would use it just to see what was happen when it flagged up with an atrial fibrillation warning it made me more concerned with what was happening.

    With a series of events which ended up with me in accident and emergency that evening to being told that I shouldn't do the marathon which was only 10 days away just on a precaution to now 2 and a half months later after a series of tests being told I need to have a valve repair surgery via open heart surgery sooner rather than later which is currently booked for Wednesday 3rd of July.

    I would like to take this time to thank the Doctors and Nurses who have got me to this position where after a recovery period will be able to live a healthy long life.

    But I do know that without my series 4 watch just giving me a little kick to get to A&E I may not be here today as I would have done everything to run that marathon which most likely would have killed me let alone ignoring the symptoms to the point of heart failure (blokes I know).

    So thank you again for all your hard work.

    Many thanks,

    Phil Harrison

    submitted by /u/Burton5_0
    [link] [comments]

    iPadOS public beta: top 6 features

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 10:39 AM PDT

    Hands on with Apple's first public beta of macOS 10.15 Catalina

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 04:26 PM PDT

    iOS 13 Beta Reminders app hints at Catalina not being released the same day as iOS 13

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 07:57 AM PDT

    New 'iPhone 11 Max' case renders back triple-lens camera, Lightning port

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 08:56 AM PDT

    iOS 13 public beta: dark mode, Apple Maps, Reminders

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 10:40 AM PDT

    Catalyst Can Rescue the Mac and Grow the iPad

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 07:43 AM PDT

    Facebook VP Nick Clegg attacks Apple over privacy criticism

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 11:39 AM PDT

    This week's top stories: 2020 iPhone rumors, MacBook Pro recall, iOS 13 beta 2, more

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 04:10 AM PDT

    From Macbook mid-2010 to Macbook Pro 2019. A Review.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 01:55 AM PDT

    Background:

    What feels like forever ago, I purchased a MacBook from Mid 2010. By that time it was only a few years old. This was the first MacBook that I bought, with my history with laptops and desktops being strictly Windows 7/8 Well one day after soup had made my previous laptop obsolete, I decided to purchase my first Macbook. This was because I had several apple products, and thought it would be stupid to purchase a computer outside of the ecosystem, as I had an Ipad, Iphone, and an Ipod. I was amazed and loved the new operating system. For the time, I thought it the speed was okay and nothing too unbearable. Years pass, and I grow weary of the MacBook I once loved so much. I would do common Laptop/Desktop activities (also I didn't have a desktop) on my iPhone 8. Stuff like typing out a document, taking tests for my Uni, printing out important documents, etc... So I decided that enough is enough and started saving up for a New MacBook. A couple of weeks ago, I purchased it. And now that I have had time to process and have opinions on the New laptop, here I am deciding to give my humble experience in hopes to make one person's day better or to maybe convince someone to upgrade from an old laptop too.

    Pros:

    The speed. Damn. I do not know what to say about it. It feels instantaneous like I have become so accustomed to the slowness of the old MacBook, My brain needs to catch up to what's on the screen. ( I must have got some sketchy virus on my old laptop. ) What felt like a chore to open native apps like notes, and the mail app (especially the mail app) now pops up like the snap of a finger. It is no longer faster to go on my phone and load my mail app on there, to print something or read an email. Like today, I talked to Amazon support, and they told me to check my email, so instead of going to my phone, which was on the other side of the couch, I decided to click the mail app and BOOM, You lookin' for this? It was right there, next to my chrome app? The link- No problem. It just automatically loaded on the browser. Exiting out of the mail was fast too! Not to even mention Siri! It is now faster than my iPhone!

    Touch Bar/ID. Yes, I decided to get the touch bar version. And I actually find it useful. It does not feel like a gimmick like some YouTubers has suggested. It feels useful and amenable to be built around me. And the touch ID feels amazing to use and logging on with it is so much faster. All the perks for touch ID, here. On the Mac. Even apple pay, which is hella nice.

    The Keyboard/Speaker/The screen. The keyboard is fine and feels nice/comfortable. But what really does it, is the backlit keyboard. I do most of my work at night. So it feels really good to actually see the keyboard. The speaker is amazing. It is loud enough at full blast to put it on my bathroom counter and still hear it in the shower at a good volume. Also, the screen/resolution makes everything on it BEA-utiful (Bruce Almighty, 2003). Trying to get the music that I got from discs from my old laptop, I saw the difference, and it was huge. Night and Day.

    Cons:

    There lack of a DVD/CD player. I used it all the time when I traveled. I used it to get songs from CDs on my phone. Luckily, Homesharing is a thing. So until I decided to cough up the cash for an external CD/DVD, that is how I will get those songs.

    Thunderbolt ports. I don't understand the point. It feels like a way to get more money to apple, to have specific ports to connect my phone to my Macbook. Or connect it to other things. A 20 thunderbolt port to USB/SD is a life saver. But it is extremely stupid, And I do not understand why It's even a thing. Also, my mini display port is now worthless.

    Meh:

    Camera. It's usable. Not the best, not the worst. I don't use facetime, so it's not really bothersome.

    The design. It very good looking yes, but the aluminum isn't my favorite design. But it is better than the white plastic. Though I do miss the glowing apple emblem.

    Final Thoughts/ TL;DR

    This laptop is a breath of fresh air. And now when I am not busy, I am on my laptop again for stuff like Reddit and youtube. This laptop $2,000 laptop is the best purchase I have made in years.

    Thank you for anyone who has read that whole thing. It took me about an hour to write this all out and edit this, so I hope someone on the internet gets some use out of this post.

    submitted by /u/kwickedbonesc
    [link] [comments]

    HomeKit and HomePod Woes

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 02:59 PM PDT

    Do you think Apple needs to invest more in smart home?

    I'm hoping to get a good conversation going about this because it's been killing me lately!

    submitted by /u/TheCraigBeast1
    [link] [comments]

    Apple music Handoff discussion

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 06:05 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel