• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 25, 2019

    macOS Is anyone else bothered by the space between the window buttons on Apple Music/podcast and the end of the window? I’d rather have the higher like on finder.

    macOS Is anyone else bothered by the space between the window buttons on Apple Music/podcast and the end of the window? I’d rather have the higher like on finder.


    Is anyone else bothered by the space between the window buttons on Apple Music/podcast and the end of the window? I’d rather have the higher like on finder.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 07:24 PM PDT

    macOS Catalina Public Beta Is Available

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 11:19 AM PDT

    https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

    If anyone try out the beta, please report back how it goes, if there is any big problem or not.

    submitted by /u/youngermann
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS what?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 07:57 PM PDT

    Can I use iPad as 3rd display of Mac mini via Sidecar?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 11:47 PM PDT

    I'm using a Mac mini 2018 w/ a LG UltraFine 5K display and an Dell 4K Display, and this setup is the max video output as the official spec page described.

    I'm wondering if I cloud use my iPad Air 3 as the third display via Sidecar. Anyone tried this in Catalina beta?

    submitted by /u/_zshbleaker
    [link] [comments]

    Drive space decreasing by 100mb every 5 seconds before my eyes

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 02:02 AM PDT

    When I fell asleep last night I had over 80gb free space on my hard drive. Woke up this morning and its 17gb, and I can see it constantly decreasing. Mojave latest version, MBP 15 2018. Please help! nothing is running, I have run Malwarebytes...

    Also coreservices and coresymbolicationd are taking up a huge amount of CPU. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/iamtheliqor
    [link] [comments]

    Automator question

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 06:49 PM PDT

    I want to set up the following:

    Once I add a new music file to a certain folder it should go into the iTunes folder to automatically add it. If I manually add the file to that folder it is working but for some reasons I can not set Automator to do what I want. Any help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/23melty23
    [link] [comments]

    Eizo CG319X and OS X

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 12:45 AM PDT

    Hi Guys,

    quick question. I bought a Eizo CG319X to use as my main monitor on an imac, but when I'm connecting it via DisplayPort, I lose all scaling options when selecting 4096x2160 and the windows and texts are just too small to work on it. The "Scaling" Button in the MacOS monitor setting lists four resolutions, when i alt+click on it there are just more resolutions.

    The problem is, when I select any other resolution than 4096x2160, there are black bars on the left and right, since on other resolution fits this aspect ratio.

    Maybe anyone got a suggestion?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/thefuq
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Anyone have a lyrics grabber for iTunes that grabs the lyrics from Genius Lyrics?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 11:21 PM PDT

    Is the new Siri experience also available when using Dictation?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 10:21 PM PDT

    Is a time machine backup enough for a restore? from Catalina to Mojave?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 10:08 PM PDT

    MacBook Pro 2015 rebooting when hibernating

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 06:04 PM PDT

    My mid 2015 MacBook Pro has started to reboot itself as soon as it goes to sleep mode/hiberation. This occurs even in safe mode. This has only started happening since the latest Mojave update. I'm running 10.14.5 (18F132). I did a clean install to ensure it was not 3rd party software and it still does it. Is there anything I can do to check what is causing this? I did a Apple hardware check and all passed without issues.

    submitted by /u/BorisYeltzen
    [link] [comments]

    Turn old 2010 MacBook Pro into server

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 01:47 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I want to turn my old 15" MBP into a server, and was wondering if anyone has done this, and if they have any advice?

    Current plan:

    -Replace HD and optical drive with 1TB SSDs

    -Update OS to High Sierra (last supported OS for the model)

    -Use macOS Server

    -Use Plex for media

    Uses:

    -File server across various devices

    -Time machine backup for devices

    -Media server for streaming music and movies

    -Web server for staging sites and local development

    Are there any pitfalls to avoid, recommended guides to use, or any general tips?

    submitted by /u/EdselHans
    [link] [comments]

    Sudo command not found

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 07:36 PM PDT

    So I am trying to fix a late 2011 MacBook pro (with the faulty GPU) with a software fix. Unfortunately, when in terminal, Sudo commands aren't working. It just says "command not found" and I can't find a fix for it. A lot of the online help kind of goes over my head a bit. I was hoping someone knew how to fix it?

    P.S. dosdude1's software didn't work on my MacBook pro.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/bennettsaucyman
    [link] [comments]

    Need help! MacOS Catalina and Citrix Work Space

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 05:02 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I upgraded to the beta today. I use my Mac for work and I remote into a virtual windows computer through Citrix workspace. After I upgraded I was presented with this error error. I am unable to get past it. I have tried deleting re-adding the certificates, I have reinstalled the beta clean from no backup. It does happen on any other computer so I know it's not related on my work account. If anyone has any insight that would be great! Thank you!

    submitted by /u/SlothTheHeroo
    [link] [comments]

    My MacBook has been saying “no hardware installed” for the past few months.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 04:56 PM PDT

    If I tried using an ethernet cable, will that help or is buying one a waste of time?

    submitted by /u/punani-
    [link] [comments]

    Can't update Mojave from 10.14.1

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 04:47 PM PDT

    I recently installed Mojave on my Macbook Pro 13 inc late 2013, when I try to update from 10.14.1 to 10.14.2 it freezes on restarting screen and the progress bar doesn't show any progression. Sometimes the software update tells me to install the 10.14.2, other times he shows the 10.14.5 (with I tried to install too and had the same result).

    Anyone experienced this? Any solutions??

    submitted by /u/ltruite
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] My 2012 MBP Siris voice sounds like a robot, is that normal? Or can I update her? I'm updated on Mojave.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 03:29 PM PDT

    How is the Bandwidth for AirDrop?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 02:02 PM PDT

    So I learned you can move a JPG image or an mp3 file around your same device or email it to another one without degrading the quality, but you can't send those things through the text messaging app without degrading the quality. So I was wondering if you can send those same things through AirDrop from between Apple devices and not have the quality degrade but instead have it reach the destination device in the exact same quality as it was when it was sent.

    submitted by /u/Jojda
    [link] [comments]

    Weird Outlook issue

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 09:27 AM PDT

    So I have a user on Outlook 2016 running High Sierra and I have other users with the exact same setup that don't have the problem. The problem is if they try to send out an invite with a totally blank location, it creates a bogus calendar entry with no information on their calendar at that time and doesn't send out any invites or anything. However as long as the location box has anything in at all, it works fine. For example you can just put a simple space, so the location still appears blank, but really isn't and that will work fine. I've already uninstalled, reinstalled, rebuilt the local cache on the machine. I've effectively completely removed Office and it still persists. I am the the point where the only real option I have left is to rebuild the Mac. Any ideas would appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Necrobargain
    [link] [comments]

    QuickTime grey my first screen when i draw on the second one

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 04:35 AM PDT

    Hi guys

    i tried quicktime for use to screen recording my 2nd screen (drawing tablet), all is perfect, but why is my first screen (Imac), greyed out?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/crepuscopoli
    [link] [comments]

    How do you navigate your spaces when you are up to 7-8 of them?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 06:24 AM PDT

    Hitting the mission control key and then mousing over the top and then selecting the one you want. Isn't exactly efficient when you have to do this frequently.

    Keyboard shortcut is manageable I find up to 4-5 spaces, but it gets to 7-8 it's really hard to press ctrl-8 etc.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/yalag
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel