• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 5, 2019

    Apple Watch Weekly 'My Watch' Standard Config/Joined the Club Megathread - [May 05]

    Apple Watch Weekly 'My Watch' Standard Config/Joined the Club Megathread - [May 05]


    Weekly 'My Watch' Standard Config/Joined the Club Megathread - [May 05]

    Posted: 04 May 2019 09:11 PM PDT

    Welcome to today's 'Joined the Club'/Standard Config Megathread.

    Want to show off your newly purchased Apple Watch? Here's the place! Introduce yourself to the community and show off your new Apple Watch and or your new band!

    This is the place for standard configuration configs (those that can be bought off Apple's website as a bundle). If you have a custom watch/band combo, please post it outside the thread!


    Rules

    1. Use a reputable image host. imgur.com is preferable. You do not have to set your album to public - simply copy the link.
    2. No NSFW posts.
    3. Directly linked images only (albums are acceptable).

    Here's all the previous joined the club threads

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Today is my one year anniversary since I bought my AppleWatch. Best decision I’ve made in a long time.

    Posted: 04 May 2019 03:51 PM PDT

    Like the title says, today is my one year anniversary since I bought my first AppleWatch. One of the reasons why I bought it was to help me be more active. Before I got my AppleWatch, I was never active and would be sitting more. I didn't even have a daily exercise routine, which result in being a little pudgy (not fat, but some noticeable weight).

    Since I got my AppleWatch, due to the rings, it has made me do a lot more moving, standing, and have a morning exercise routine. While I'm not muscular and buff, but I've noticed my cardio has improved and I'm not as lazy as before. While I know I need to do more exercises, but the amount I've done in this past year is an improvement than what I was doing before. My record for consecutive days of completed rings was 90 days, but that ended when I pulled a muscle in my shin and made me rest on it for a while.

    Before I got my AppleWatch, I used to think "who would ever use this? It's pointless." Now, I don't know how I never bought one sooner? It just shows that a person's opinion can change over time. So, in hindsight, I'm glad I got the AppleWatch. I look forward to many years with it. Thank you, Apple, for making something like this.

    submitted by /u/GF8950
    [link] [comments]

    Sleep tracking apps do not affect battery life

    Posted: 04 May 2019 11:11 PM PDT

    It seems that many people think they do affect battery life somehow.

    But if I have understood correctly, the current third party apps work simply by analysing Health data (HR, movement) that the Watch itself collects all the time anyway when you wear it. This is why these apps needs Health data access.

    The analysis is done in the iPhone app.

    As far as I know, nothing extra is running in the background in the Apple Watch if you have these apps installed.

    (watchOS simply doesn't allow any of that - unless the apps offers a complication. Then the app might get very little processing time occasionally to try to keep the complication up to date.)

    Your battery depletes at the same rate during the night whether you use these apps or not.

    So: just use them and do not worry about battery life.

    submitted by /u/Zeppozz
    [link] [comments]

    Mowed the lawn today... I remember my lines being straighter but I could be wrong

    Posted: 04 May 2019 04:27 PM PDT

    People who use a sleep tracker, when do you charge your Watch?

    Posted: 05 May 2019 03:36 AM PDT

    I want to use a sleep tracker, just out of curiosity. But I'm charging my watch at night, because I don't want to mess up my rings...

    submitted by /u/i_said_what_about
    [link] [comments]

    Decided to go simple for a wedding I’m attending. Black metal band with very basic Utility face. Kinda digging it.

    Posted: 04 May 2019 03:55 PM PDT

    With a cellular Apple Watch, will I still get third party notifications (instagram, Snapchat etc-even if I can’t open them) when not connected to my phone?

    Posted: 04 May 2019 12:58 PM PDT

    Basically the title-will third party apps give me notifications on cellular when not connected to my phone?

    submitted by /u/vegetariouscarnivore
    [link] [comments]

    I’m not getting stand reminders

    Posted: 05 May 2019 06:48 AM PDT

    I just got my series 4 watch, my first Apple Watch since I had a series 0 several years ago. I'm not getting any stand reminders on this one though. I followed apples check list and made sure I have them on, but it's just not reminding me to stand. Which I need sometimes lol

    submitted by /u/Tralion
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch + Wunderground = Try Hards

    Posted: 05 May 2019 06:24 AM PDT

    Checked the weather this morning.

    https://i.imgur.com/UPwlFsX.jpg

    submitted by /u/Almost_gets
    [link] [comments]

    I lost my 349 day streak by 2 calories last night...

    Posted: 05 May 2019 06:00 AM PDT

    I knew I was close, and so I figured it would fill just with my normal nighttime routine, so I didn't do any extra walking or anything. Then I never realized that it hadn't yet dinged. I had an hour before the end of the day - even if I had left my watch on in bed, I'd have gotten it. I've filled all my rings every day since I got my watch almost a year ago, and now I can't get my May challenge (which is the dumb "fill all of your rings every day this month" challenge that doesn't require any stretching), nor my perfect week/month awards. I'm really really down about this. Anyone experience something similar?

    submitted by /u/aarone46
    [link] [comments]

    Heart monitoring apps that have iPad display?

    Posted: 05 May 2019 05:37 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I was wondering if there was a heart monitoring app for the Apple Watch that has some sort of feature that will display the heart rate on my iPad so I can watch it infront of my whole working out without having to look at my watch constantly?

    Any input would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/Z1839
    [link] [comments]

    Series 3 or Series 4?

    Posted: 05 May 2019 04:53 AM PDT

    I'm looking at taking the plunge and getting an Apple Watch today or tomorrow, with both of those models being on sale. I'm looking at the bigger size (42mm) more than likely, and have been leaning more towards the Series 3, as I can get it from Best Buy or Amazon for $230. The Series 4 (in 40mm) starts at $340. I have the funds for either. But just looking at the specs, there doesn't seem to be any huge leaps between the two to me. Are there any people who have had both, and give me an opinion on if it would be worth the extra $110 to get a Series 4, or just save the money and get a Series 3?

    submitted by /u/GrungeMadman
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone using the Space Grey AW4 with a gold band? :)

    Posted: 05 May 2019 03:48 AM PDT

    Anyone care to share some pictures? Could really find any good ones on the internet.

    submitted by /u/PresidentZer0
    [link] [comments]

    Green Engineering! WOW! Apple!

    Posted: 04 May 2019 06:08 PM PDT

    How many of you just tossed your Series 4 Apple Watch boxes? How many of you actually took the time to unfold the box? Did you notice the origami instructions printed on the inside? Apple provided instructions for folding the box (the thin outer one) into a watch stand and then reinforcing it with the packaging insides. Incredible! Freaking green engineering here! WOW!

    submitted by /u/AetherSolis
    [link] [comments]

    Custom names for watch faces would be really useful

    Posted: 04 May 2019 03:10 PM PDT

    I think I'd love it...

    • if I could assign a custom, unique name for each of my watch faces.
    • if I could tell Siri to change faces by name
    • if I could assign time, location, or activity-based triggers that change the watch face

    I'll bet most of us have different faces set up for different situations: work, home, exercise, bed, a fancy evening out, yard work, etc.

    This is just the natural extension of that. It would be really handy to have the face I want with the right complications just Be There when I need it.

    submitted by /u/allyoursmurf
    [link] [comments]

    [Support] AppleWatch series 4 doesn’t record heartbeats during workouts for long stretches of time

    Posted: 05 May 2019 01:41 AM PDT

    I don't know if anyone had this experience but as I wrote in the title my Apple Watch series 4 (no LTE, WatchOS 5.2) doesn't record heartbeats for stretches of time of the length of like 10 minutes during workouts. Now, this was the reason I upgraded from my old Apple Watch series 2 three months ago since I use it primarily for calories counting and this kept happening. It's very annoying because I know how much calories I should be burning and then I look at my wrist and the watch is 100 or more calories behind because it's not recording my heartbeats at all. Waiting will do nothing, opening the heartbeats complication will do nothing, to get a reading I have to exit the workout, go to the ecg complication, and after hilariously wrong heartbeats readings, the counting goes back to normal. Has anyone else ever had this issue? Can it be a bug of the new OS since it never happened before?

    submitted by /u/GammaKassandra
    [link] [comments]

    Activity App — but for calories.

    Posted: 05 May 2019 01:02 AM PDT

    I was sinfully eating at Burger King when I thought of this idea. Wouldn't it be nice if there's an Apple Watch feature/app which operates like the installed activity app but mainly focusing on the calories you gain every time you eat something? If you set a specific calorie count and almost about to reach it, a notification will appear. I think it's good for people like me who's not really into a strict diet but still wants to limit calorie intake.

    If there's something like this in the Apple Watch universe that I don't know of, please let me know!

    submitted by /u/prairiegarden
    [link] [comments]

    Bose Soundsport Free dropouts with Apple Watch - appreciate any suggestions/help/alternatives

    Posted: 04 May 2019 06:40 PM PDT

    Apple Watch 3 Stainless steel and Cermaic white on clearance sale at JBHIFI Parramatta, Sydney.

    Posted: 04 May 2019 03:31 PM PDT

    What's your typical sleeping heart rate?

    Posted: 04 May 2019 09:13 PM PDT

    I have the autosleep app and mine seems to be in the low 50's but was wondering about others.

    submitted by /u/wetcoast604
    [link] [comments]

    Most aesthetic and useful fitness tracking app with Apple Watch?

    Posted: 04 May 2019 02:46 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    I recently switched from my Fitbit versa to the Apple Watch 4. I loved my versa but I discovered it was adding thousands of steps to my day, adding ghost miles, and messing up my calorie deficit numbers. The Apple Watch 4 seems to be a lot more accurate and it's definitely a smoother experience than the Fitbit.

    However, I love the Fitbit app, and I haven't been able to find one that's as clean and streamlined and integrated as that one. I got that paid app that syncs health to Fitbit but I don't think it looks right to me, so I really want to find a good alternative.

    Specifically one that you can track your calories and food and whatnot together with exercise. I can't believe health or activity don't have that... such a shame. Anyway, I've been using mynetdiary which is the closest I've found but it still doesn't come close to Fitbit. I can't stand myfitnesspal, and obviously health and activity don't do that.

    Any recommendations to go with the Apple Watch? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/xoxoxo19
    [link] [comments]

    3rd party complications gone

    Posted: 04 May 2019 08:13 PM PDT

    I have had my watch for about a month, and I love it. But I ran into my first glitch today.

    I had the Strava and Batteryphone complications on the Infograph face. But today they disappeared. On the phone, it said those complication areas were off. I tried to turn them back on, and those complications did not show up as an option.

    I checked the available complications on the watch app, and they show up. They just are not in the list when actually setting the complications. In fact, none of the 3rd party complications are showing up.

    I did not change any settings that I am aware of. Since all the complications show in the settings app under Complications, I'm assuming they are turned on.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/whatisacho
    [link] [comments]

    Original Milanese Loop Silver 42mm for $75

    Posted: 04 May 2019 07:03 PM PDT

    its the 1st gen, but still will fit. There is almost no difference between the new one. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-milanese-loop-for-apple-watch-42mm-stainless-steel/4276703.p?skuId=4276703

    submitted by /u/soramac
    [link] [comments]

    Series 3 battery �� check

    Posted: 04 May 2019 02:58 PM PDT

    So i have an AW S03 that I bought in February so i do not have any knowledge of how much the battery lasted on the previous WatchOs. In my case the battery is decent. I Place my watch on my wrist before bed 100%, sleep for 5-6 hours, AutoSleep, theatre mode, wake up at 95-93% and finish the day at 21.00 on about 50-60% charge level with normal use (notifications a bunch, checking weather, closing rings) and then I slap it on the charging puc. Repeat. I do not get 2 days of use out of it. What is your experience battery wise?

    submitted by /u/alexmjp
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel